Did you know that dogs can have allergies, too?
Just like us, they can react badly to things like dust mites, pollen, and mildew!
I always look for hypoallergenic dog beds and blankets that are easy to wash, waterproof, and made of allergy-free fibers.
It’s not just good for my dog, but for my allergies, too!
We love these choices since we know they work great for our dog’s sensitive skin issues.
Not only can your dog rest comfortably on a bed all their own, they won’t have itchy scratchy skin issues or allergies acting up while they try to rest.
In this article, we’re going to cover all the best types of hypoallergenic bedding for dogs!
RELATED: Top 5 Best Dog Steps for Your Bed
Best Hypoallergenic Dog Beds
Affiliate links included below. We earn a commission if you make a purchase.
UPDATED AUGUST 2019
Check out our table for a quick guide to the beds and blankets, then read each one for more details!
1. Ultimate Hypoallergenic Waterproof Dog Bed
- This bed from Teton Dog includes an amazing orthopedic insert perfect for an aging dog, but the cover is why it makes our list of the best hypoallergenic dog beds!
- It is really a great cover that is not only allergen-free and washable but also waterproof, so nothing soaks through to the bed itself.
- The Nano-Pore waterproofing barrier never wears off because it’s not sprayed on.
- It’s actually part of the fabric itself! That means you can wash it a million times and it will STILL be waterproof!
- The bed is also guaranteed to stay fluffy and never flatten.
- It also doesn’t emit fumes the way some memory foam beds can.
- I love that it comes in several sizes to accommodate both large and small breed dogs!
- SAVE MONEY; RE-COVER YOUR OLD DOG BED or use our waterproof Replacement cover as a liner inside your current dog bed to keep your expensive insert CLEAN & DRY.
- MADE in the USA using a revolutionary Waterproofing Technology that combines a soft, stain resistant fabric with Waterproof Nanopore
- NanoPore Waterproofing is incredibly durable - it NEVER wears off. Easily Removable cover, machine wash and dry 100s of times at any temperature - with no loss of waterproofing, GUARANTEED.
- A spare cover for our Waterproof Ultra-Clean Dog Beds, for puppy training, old, sick or incontinent dogs. Dog has an accident a spare cover allows you to put a clean cover, on your dog's bed, in seconds.
- At TETON DOG we believe quality customer service shouldn't cost extra - we ship 2 Day PRIORITY MAIL at no additional cost.
2.Best Travel Hypoallergenic Dog Bed for Allergy Sufferers
- If you’re looking for a simple hypoallergenic bedding for your dog that you can take pretty much anywhere, the Unreal Lamskin Synthetic Fleece bed is a good choice.
- I love that it’s not only non-allergenic, but also stain resistant.
- It’s small enough to fit right into your dog’s crate, yet thick enough for them to feel comfortable.
- The soft fabric blend creates a wonderful luxurious feel for your pet to sleep on.
- Just watch out! If you have kitties, they may try to compete with your dog for a place on this comfy bed due to the soft material.
- The bed comes in four sizes, starting at 18×24 for small dogs all the way up to 36×50 for larger breeds.
Related: Top 10 Eco-Friendly Dog Beds
- Durable and soft dog bed and/or crate pad
- Made with two layers of Unreal Lambskin, a synthetic fleece
- Non-allergenic and stain-resistant
- Thick pile for ample cushioning; resists unraveling and shedding
- Measures 30-Inch by 40-Inch; machine washable and dryer safe
3. Best Budget-Friendly Hypoallergenic for Senior Dogs with Arthritis
View this post on Instagram
Dogs & their beds! I got crafty and had a feather mattress topper that I was going to donate, when I got the idea to order a dog bed cover and make my own! Folded it up and it fit in perfectly. Thank you #laifug! Found it on Amazon for $20! #dogbeds #diydogbed #adoptdontshop #pointermix #weimaranermix #paws4thoughtrescue #featherbed #furbaby #spoiledpup #mybestfriend
- The Laifug Solid Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed is one of my favorite hypoallergenic dog beds!
- It’s so luxurious that I kind of want to climb on and take a nap next to my pooch!
- The 2-inch thick foam features more than 45DHI, which makes it a great choice for aging dogs with arthritis.
- The waterproof liner protects the dog bed from spills and other liquids, while the soft cover is removable and washable.
- Large and great quality it is an investment that is safe and effective for their comfort.
- This is a great choice for a larger dog that needs extra support for aging joints.
- It comes in two generous sizes, including 34x22x4 and 46x28x4 (the 4 in both cases is the thickness).
- SUPREME ORTHOPEDIC MEMORY FOAM: Based on the 2 inch foam is the 2 inch high density memory foam, more than 45DHI, which can ease your dog’s arthritis
- CONSIDERATE DESIGN: We have a water proof liner, which can protect the dog bed from liquid things
- LARGE SIZE: Large dog bed with size of 46''x 28'' and can bear the weight around 150 pounds or less
- CONVENIENT COVER: The soft removable cover is washable, which is convenient for you to clean the dog bed. Replacing the cover of laifug can make your dog bed look like a new one
Related: 10 Great Dog Beds For Small Dogs
4. BuddyRest Dog Beds for Allergy Sufferers
View this post on Instagram
To say Reagan loves her vet recommended BuddyRest bed would be an understatement! These pictures were taken right after it was given to her. I’m also super impressed with the quality of these beds! They are made with human mattress quality memory foam that is infused with true cool technology, so the dogs temperature stays regulated. They are also 100% water proof, odor and stain resistant and anti-bacterial. And to top it off, they have a 10 year guarantee and the entire thing is made in the USA! #orthopedicdogbed #buddyrest #buddyrestdogbeds
- The BuddyRest dog beds for allergy sufferers are among the highest-rated beds for elderly dogs, too.
- They come in a few different styles and sizes ranging from just under $200 to a little over $500.
What makes these hypoallergenic dog beds so special? Well, aside from being great for both people and dogs with allergies, they’re:
- Vet-recommended to promote better joint health in dogs.
- Helps relieve arthritic joint pain
- Made with a luxurious gel to offer both comfort and support
- Made with high-tech fabric that stays clean, doesn’t get stinky, and rarely needs to be washed.
They’re even chew-resistant and guaranteed to last ten years. Plus, they’re made in the USA!
Want to know more about BuddyRest? Read our extensive guide: BuddyRest Dog Bed Reviews and choose the bed that suits your dog
Read also our guide: Buddyrest vs Big Barker Dog Bed Comparison: Which Is Best?
Find them all here on Amazon.
5. Best Dust-Mite Free Dog Beds
- If you’re looking for dust mite free dog beds, you’ll love the Brindle!
- This dog bed is naturally hypoallergenic and repels dust mites.
- It is soft, comfortable and perfect for any dog since it comes in small, medium and large sizes.
- Not only that, but it also comes in three different colors, so it fits into your décor beautifully!
- The washable cover on this anti dust mite dog bed is great for cleaning up messes and removing pet hair, making it one of the best beds for allergy suffers.
- This is a great quality hypoallergenic dog bed that is reasonably priced to suit any budget.
- Add a nice anti-allergy dog blanket over top to really bring the luxury home!
- 100% Waterproof encasement beneath the fabric cover protects bed against accidents and fluids
- 4 inch thick bed features 2 inches of comfort memory foam and 2 inches of high-density support foam
- Soft, supportive consistency conforms to weight and pressure to relieve achy joints, arthritis and hip dysplasia
- Super soft, zippered velour cover resists dirt and hair and is easily removeable and machine washable
- Naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites, plus 3-year warranty - Large size: 46" x 28" x 4"; Ideal for dogs up to 75 lbs.
Don’t forget to read our detailed guide: Brindle dog bed review
View this post on Instagram
We love @fireside_hound and their MADE IN THE USA handcrafted product. Check the blog to see more pictures of our hound showing off her new bed and collar! 😍🐶 • • • #millpondfarmphotography #photography #dogs #dogsofinstagram #puppy #puppies #puppiesofinstagram #firesidehound #bassethound #bassett #bassetthounds #houndsofinstagram #dogbed #madeintheusa #natural #nikon #nikonphotography #nikond500 #studio #studiophoto #fireplace #collars #harness #clean #cleandog
- If you have a decent amount of money to play with and want to invest in a bed that will last a really long time, the Fireside Hound premium handmade dog beds is a good way to go!
- While they’re definitely the priciest on the list, they may be worth it.
- They’re not only dust mite free dog beds, but they also repel water & mud to prevent mold and mildew.
- They’re even tear and puncture resistant and easy to clean!
- Fireside Hound dog beds come in two sizes: large (30×40) and extra large (36×50).
6. DIY Ultimate Hypoallergenic Bed Cover: Perfect bedding for dogs
- Want to DIY your own allergy-free dog beds? Grab this great hypoallergenic cover from Teton Dog!
- You can stuff with anything from pillows to blankets to create your own dog bed.
- This might be the perfect solution for a frugal family that has blankets or pillows that would work to build a simple bed for their dog.
- I love it because it comes in so many sizes and styles to accommodate all dogs and décor!
- Like the first bed on this list, it’s made with 100% Waterproof Nanopore fabric that never wears off. It’s also made in the USA.
- If you want to stuff it with a hypoallergenic dog blanket to go the extra mile, Teton also makes one of those in multiple sizes and colors!
- SAVE MONEY our Waterproof Cover lets you create your own dog bed insert from spare blankets, pillows, towels for a bed as fluffy and full as your dog likes. Also makes a great replacement cover or waterproof liner for your current dog bed.
- MADE in the USA, Each cover is individually sewn using Teton Dog's exclusive 100% Waterproof NanoPore Fabrics. A revolutionary Fabric that is soft, stain resistant yet 100% Waterproof, creating an impervious barrier.
- 100% Waterproof Nanopore fabric is specially engineered to be lightweight yet incredibly durable - The waterproofing NEVER wears off. Easily removable zippered cover, machine wash and dry 100s of times at any temperature!
- Our Waterproof Nanopore fabrics protect Everything you put inside the cover!
- At TETON DOG we believe quality customer service shouldn't cost extra - we ship 2 Day PRIORITY MAIL at no additional cost. (Not designed for dogs who are chronic chewers)
7. Anti-Allergy Dog Blankets
It doesn’t make sense to buy the perfect hypoallergenic dog bed only to toss a non-allergy-friendly blanket on top of it!
The best choices include:
- Cotton- my #1 choice because it’s not just soft and cozy, but affordable too! Look for tighter weaves that leave less room for dust mites to move into!
- Wool- I thought wool would be at the bottom of the list because it just seems like it would trap dust mites. Guess what, though? I was wrong! Turns out wool repels mites. Look for genuine sheep and/or alpaca wool.
- Silk- Silk is a great hypoallergenic fabric, but it’s last on my list because of the price. I don’t know about you, but I don’t even have silk blankets!
Need more specific ideas? Check out these anti-allergy dog blankets! Here’s a secret: most of them are actually people blankets!
This cozy blanket comes in 10 different colors and is big enough for even the largest hypoallergenic dog beds. At under $20, it’s also super affordable.
- MAXIMUM COMFORT: Extra Soft Throw Blanket Dimensions: 50" x 60". Perfect for lounging away on the couch, at the movies, at the beach, during a picnic, camping, and much more!
- PREMIUM YARNS: Expertly crafted with premium quality poly-fiber yarns that create an exceptionally soft and durable blanket.
- COZY AND WARM: Our design keeps you cozy warm even on the coldest of winter nights but also breathable enough to use during the warm summer months. Designed for year round use!
- EASY CARE: Machine washable in cold water with similar colors. Dries quick on tumble dry low temperature, no ironing or expensive cleaning required!
- REST ASSURED: Your first 30 nights are on us. Literally. If you don’t love our throw blanket, send it back.
This super soft hypoallergenic blanket comes in 9 different colors and three sizes (twin, queen, and king), so it’s easy to pick the perfect size for your dog’s bed. It even gets softer with each washing!
- AMERICA’S MOST TRUSTED BLANKET: Our best-in-warmth, classic style found in homes and hotels around the world for over 50 years; Versatile, year-round use
- SOFTNESS: Velvety texture on both sides; Great as queen bedspread or throw blanket for couch
- INSULATION: High-quality, soft, no-pill 100% Nylon Flock on foam base to retain heat
- EASY CARE: Machine wash before use, then every 6 months per care instructions for best results, long-lasting wear, and softness wash after wash
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 90 inches wide by 90 inches long (Queen); 66 inches wide x 90 inches long (Twin); 108 inches wide x 90 inches long (King)
- Warmth without the
- Will not pill - the best
- Soft and plush - the
- Distinctive Vellux
- Washability - easy
Believe it or not, one of the most popular allergy medicine companies also makes a blanket! While this too is a people blanket, there’s no reason why you can’t use it on your dog’s bed.
It’s a bit pricier than the others on this list, but it may be worth it. The Claritin blanket is dust-mite free and provides protection against dander & pollen. It has a lifetime warranty and comes in three sizes.
These best hypoallergenic dog beds are going to keep your dog happy and resting easy at night. Not only are they all washable, they all come with great naturally hypoallergenic covers.
Not only will you not have to worry as much about pet allergies, you won’t have to worry about those dust mites getting to them either. These are great choices for pampering your pet!
Do you have any favorite picks for the best hypoallergenic dog beds or beddings? Tell us about them in the comments!
Last update on 2021-08-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API