If you’re searching for BuddyRest dog bed reviews, chances are you’re in need of an affordable orthopedic bed.
Maybe you have a senior dog with aching joints?
Or perhaps a puppy that just needs a cozy spot to curl up?
From young to old, BuddyRest has a great reputation of providing both comfort and support to dogs.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of orthopedic beds, plus check out our top BuddyRest dog bed picks (with pros and cons)
Why choose an orthopedic dog bed like BuddyRest?
If you think that only senior dogs have orthopedic issues, think again! Orthopedic cases are common in both young and adult dogs.
These conditions often cause joint pain, joint stiffness, lameness, exercise intolerance and, consequently, muscle wasting.
How does an orthopedic dog bed help?
Veterinarians often prescribe orthopedic mattresses to ease some of these symptoms in an effort to alleviate pain, discomfort, and ease stress off the spine.
This, in turn, aids in speeding up their recovery.
The mattresses give joint support and help maintain good posture by preventing the body from curling on itself, easing strain on the spine.
They are also prescribed during recovery from orthopedic surgery.
Memory beds offer the best results as they conform to the dog’s body relieving pain and pressure on the joints.
Types of materials to consider
It’s also wise to be keen on the material with which the bed has been made from depending on the use.
- Smooth nylon is easier to clean as they don’t catch hair therefore good for long coat breeds.
- Those made from vinyl weave are great for the outdoors. They allow water and air to flow through, keeping dogs cool and dry.
- Textured nylon is great for dogs with allergies or sensitive skin as it promotes traction while the dog is getting on and off.
- Crypton fabrics are on the other hand water resistant, odorless and easiest to clean.
Below we review the best BuddyRest beds that we think are value for money offering the greatest benefits for your fur babies.
BuddyRest Dog Bed Reviews
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
This orthopedic bed boosts of top of the art features specially crafted for arthritic dogs to support joint health and recommended by veterinarians.
- Comes in three sizes; medium, large and extra large
- Made from gel-infused memory form
- Made from Crypton fabric while the seams are made from Kevlar thread
- It is also made from high loft American AdatpaLoft cloud fluff
- It is handmade from the USA
- Highly recommended by veterinarians
This specially crafted orthopedic offers comfort, warm and health benefits to your fur baby.
The gel infused memory form conforms to your dog’s body which is essential for dogs with joint degenerative diseases such as arthritis and hip dysplasia.
It conforms to your dog’s body relieving pressure from the spine and joints. It also helps to keep them cool during the winter months and warm during winter.
If you fancy sassy home furnishings then this pick will work well with your style. It is fitted with Crypton piping and Kevlar quilting.
The fabric, also made from Crypton, is easy to clean and absorbs odors.
The American AdatpaLoft cloud fluff leaves your dog feeling warm, comfortable and secure.
- Helps to relieve joint pain and stiffness in arthritic dogs
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Easy to clean, water resistant and absorbs odors
- Has memory foam that conforms to your dogs body therefore help in relieving pressure and pain from the spine and joints
- Made from Crypton piping and Kevlar quilted seams which is aesthetically appealing and resistant to chewing and tearing
- Comes in sizes up to extra large. No need to worry about your large breeds missing out on comfort
- Comes in 4 different colors to match up with home décor and interior.
- The bolster is made from high loft American AdatpaLoft cloud fluff giving extra warm, comfort and cushioning for your fur baby. fabric
- The Crypton is hypoallergenic and has antibacterial properties which helps keep off bacteria.
- It’s also chew resistant, does not tear and wear off making it a good long term investment with a warranty of 10 years.
- Can be a bit difficult reassembling after washing
- Bolster sides are square as opposed to rounded edges which can cause injury around the home
- Price is on the higher side
Overall this bed is worth every penny. It’s durable, easy to clean and offers comfort to arthritic dogs. A worthwhile investment if I may say so myself.
This orthopedic bed is handmade from the USA especially formulated to relive joint pain common in arthritic dogs.
- Handmade from the USA
- Made from Crypton fabric and the seams made from Kevlar thread
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Comes in sizes varying from medium to XX large
- Come in four colors; champagne beige, dark chocolate, fathom gray and iced mocha.
- Has a waterproof cover
- Machine washable
- Has a gel infused memory foam and a high density core support foam underneath
BuddyRest Comfort Deluxe Memory Foam Dog Bed is also durable made from Kevlar seams making it chew and tear resistant.
The Crypton fabric is also easy to clean, water resistant and absorbs odors.
It is also fitted with memory foam which conforms to dog’s body helping relieve pain and pressure on the joints. It also has high density core support foam.
- It is easy to clean, absorbs odors and water resistant with the help of the Crypton smart fabric.
- Has memory foam which helps to keep your fur baby comfortable. It also helps relive joint pain and pressure in arthritic dogs.
- The seams are made from Kevlar thread making them chew and tear resistant
- It is machine washable
- It has a 10 year warranty
- Does not require frequent washing
- Scientifically designed for dogs with joint pain and recommended by veterinarians
- The price is a bit on the higher side.
Overall this is a worthwhile investment. It is durable, comfortable for dogs with joint pain, easy to clean and comes in various sizes and colors.
It also guarantees 10 years worth of service.
This bed is offers better mobility comfort for your senior or arthritic dog and made using the latest LiftTex technology and durable material that will last you over a period of 10 years.
- It comes in three colors which one can choose depending on their home décor; fathom, Merlot and mocha
- Made using LiftTex technology
- The interior comes in three layers for extra support; gel infused memory foam, LiftTex foam and a layer of pure core support
- The bolsters are detachable. They are also rounded and offer a back rest for your dog making it extra comfortable.
- The exterior is made from Crypton fabric while the seams are made from Kevlar thread which is five times stronger than other beds.
- Comes in various sizes up to extra large
- The stuffing in the bolsters is removable depending on your dogs needs.
This bed is the number one recommended by veterinarians.
The LiftTex technology mobility innovation allows the dogs especially arthritic dogs to enter and exit the bed with ease.
The 3 layer memory foams conforms to the dogs body relieving pressure and pain from the joints and also is comfortable to lie on.
The Crypton fabric makes it easy to clean. It also absorbs odors and is water resistant.
The bolster have a head rest offering extra comfort and are also detachable.
- Number one recommended by veterinarians
- Pressure calibrated to ease joint pain and stiffness common in arthritic dogs
- Is easy to clean, odorless with a water resistant suede cover
- Made from a 3 layer memory foam for extra comfort and support for arthritic dogs
- Is chew and tear resistant thanks to the Kevlar stitching along the seams
- The stuffing in the interior is removable according to your dogs needs.
- The bolsters are rounded and detachable fitted with a back rest for extra support and comfort
- Comes in various colors suitable for your home interior décor
- Comes in various sizes therefore all dogs are catered for
- Handmade in the USA
- Comes in various sizes with largest having a sleeping area measuring 33″ x 25″
- Not the cheapest orthopedic bed the market
- The exact width of the foam is not specified.
This orthopedic bed is highly recommended by veterinarians. It offers quality and durability with a warranty of 10 years.
The Liftex technology allows dogs with mobility issues to come in and ext the bed with ease. It also offers extra comfort owing to its three layered memory foam.
This rectangular orthopedic bed offers comfort in arthritic dogs. It can fit into cars or crates owing to its shape.
- Rectangular in shape and comes in the sizes large, medium and extra large.
- Made from LiftTex technology
- Made from Crypton fabric
- Has a memory foam for extra comfort
- Comes in three colors; fathom, Merlot and mocha
- Has Kevlar stitching along the seam lines
The LiftTex technology comes in handy especially in senior dogs or those with joint degenerative diseases such as arthritis , hip dysplasia etc.
They help in mobility by making it easier for them to get in and out of the bed.
The three layered memory foam is of high density offering extra support as well as ease pressure from the spine and joints.
The Crypton fabric is easy to wash, odorless and machine washable preventing bacteria and parasites from thriving.
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Machine washable
- Waterproof, odorless and easy to clean
- Chew and tear resistant
- Comes in various colors and sizes
- Made using Liftex technology
- Has a 5 inch gel infused memory foam
- Handmade in the USA
- Has a warranty of 10 years
- Does not come in extra large size
- Price is a bit on the high side
- Bolsters are not rounded
If you are looking for an orthopedic bed to fit into your dogs crate or in the car this is your best bet. They are durable, comfortable and elegant.
BuddyRest orthopedic beds give you what you paid for and then some.
Their state of the art Liftex technology is especially recommended in arthritic dogs as it helps in mobility.
The use of memory foams not only bring out the nesting instincts in your dogs, it also relieves pressure and pain off the joints and spine.
They are also easy to clean, water resistant, odorless and are chew resistant owing to the Crypton fabric and the Kevlar threading used.
Plus, you get that 10-year-warranty with each bed! Sounds like a great deal to me!