Finding fantastic dog beds for small dogs is a lot easier than picking out beds for our larger canine pals.
In fact, it’s SO easy that you can get totally overwhelmed by all the choices!
It just seems like everything is geared towards tiny breeds.
Don’t worry, though, we’re going to narrow down the sea of choices to the top ten best picks!
Read on to find out what they are!
Related: Best medium-sized dog beds
10 GREAT DOG BEDS FOR SMALL DOGS
Whether you struggle to keep your small dog out of your bed at night and want to give him his own cozy spot or just want something perfect for nap time, we’ve got you covered!
These 10 Great Dog Beds For Small Dogs are perfect for keeping your puppy out of your bed, but settled comfortably at bedtime.
A great comfy bed for your dog is a must have to keep your bedtime routine simple and without disruption.
FYI: This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase.
1. Slumber Pet Velour Snuggler Bed
This great velour dog bed is not only soft and comfy, but curved with sides that make your pet feel safe and protected at bedtime.
The soft velour fabric will be reminiscent of another animal and provide comfort your puppy or small dog needs.
Plus, it’s machine-washable, so it’s easy to clean if your dog happens to have an accident.
- Tops Pet
2. Petmate Microban Antimicrobial Dog Bed
This is a soft and comfy bed that also provides an anti-odor shield to fight against those occasional accidents.
Not only is the cover antimicrobial, but it also zips right off so you can toss it into the wash if you need to!
It only comes in one size, but it’s plenty big enough for all small dogs without being too overwhelming for toy breeds.
- Keeps the resting place cleaner and fresher
- Zippered removable cover - machine washable
- Microban Antimicrobial product protection
- Chenille stripe top & bottom with plush terry top
- 27" x 36" Deluxe Pillow with Gusset
3. Aspen Pet Sculptured Round Bed
This bed is a great choice for your dog that likes to “dig” a hole into bedding. It has higher sides that give your dog the feeling that they are hiding from others.
Plus, it’s super budget-friendly at under $25! The only drawback is the fact that it comes in assorted colors and you don’t get to pick which one you get.
4. Petmates Fashion Rectangular Lounger
This is a great option for a puppy that likes being snuggled.
The higher sides are great for giving them comfort, while being low enough they can get in and out easily.
The dark colors are perfect for concealing stains and pet hair (well, as long as your dog doesn’t have white fur, of course!)
- Filled with high-loft, recycled polyester fiber fill that will make pets feel like they are on cloud nine
- The coordinating Jacquard fabrics in new Petmate Fashion Bedding reflect current home décor trends
- Refine and enhance any bedding planogram with this stylish line
5. Cleopatra Chaise Lounge Bed
How stinking cute is this bed? It’s such a fun fantasy bed that is perfect for the pet who is a bit on the pampered side.
This is definitely a dog bed fit for a queen! I love that it’s handmade! That just makes it even more unique!
- Hand made out of strong wood frame
- Upholstered with high grade upholstery fabric
- For pets up to 25 lbs
- Cushioned using High Density Flame Retardant Foam
- Look for the Matching Mini Chaise
- For pets up to 25 lbs.
- Cushioned using High Density Foam
6. Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed
This has to be one of my all-time favorite dog beds for small dogs! I wish they made one in my size (they do have an XL, actually)!
It is a great comfy bed for your pet who likes to tuck under blankets. Half open, and half covered this offers your dog a great place to snuggle.
Plus, it comes in SO many color options. I’m talking close to 40 different styles. It’s hard to pick a favorite!
- Water resistant polyester exterior, Sherpa interior
- Machine washable cover with Rust-proof brass zipper
- cedar/poly filled inner pillow with zipper
- Extra deep sleep surface
- 35x35x4 + hood (35" diameter round with 4" sidewall)
7. Snoozer Orthopedic Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed
This offers the same comfort of the bed mentioned above, but with a luxury orthopedic filling instead.
It doesn’t come in quite as many colors and styles as the original, but it’s the better choice for achy pups with arthritis thanks to the extra filling.
- Microsuede exterior, Sherpa interior
- Machine-washable cover, 3" orthopedic foam
- Topped with 2" layer of polyester batting for added cushion and comfort
- Extra deep sleep surface
- Rust-proof brass zipper, Available in a variety of fabric options
8. Alphapooch Orthopedic Lounger Bed
The AlphaPooch isn’t much to look at but it offers great orthopedic support. Comfort is always more important than style in a dog bed, right?
It has a soft comfy cover and it’s lower to the ground, which may make our short-legged pals feel more secure.
9. Best Friends by Sheri Donut Cuddler
This bed is a great option for the dog who likes being snuggled, wants a fluffy bed to snuggle on and likes having sides that make them feel protected.
This thicker more fur like cover makes it appealing to pets that also like snuggling with other pets.
Plus, it’s made of all vegan materials for the eco-conscious dog owner.
- Supports better sleep: Thanks to its round shape, our high-quality giant donut coddler puppy bed is ideal for pets who love to curl up! The raised rim creates a sense of security and provides head and neck support, while the super-soft filling offers joint and muscle pain relief
- Superior Comfort: Cozy, flexible and finished with faux shag fur, our self-warming oversized dog bed is reminiscent of a mother's fur coat! Paired with deep crevices that allow your pet to burrow, animals will have full, restful sleep for improved behavior and better health
- Versatile design: includes a completely removable zippered shell. There are 3 zippers, allowing the inner cushions to easily be removed and re-inserted. And because the shells finished with water and dirt-resistant bottoms, They help prevent accidental messes from reaching your floors
- Pet-safe materials: durable nylon and luxurious faux fur come together to create large-breed dog mattresses that are as practical as they are comfortable! For added convenience, every bed is safe in the washing machine and dryer, minimizing pet odors and excess hair
- Sizing suggestions: when choosing your dog bed, we suggest the 23x23" bed for dogs and cats up to 25lbs, The 30x30" bed for dogs and cats up to 45lbs, and the 45x45" bed for large dog breeds up to 150lbs. If you have any problems or questions, Simply reach out to our customer service team. Filled with air loft fibers
- Not suitable for puppies or dogs with excessive teething or chewing behavior
- Important care instructions: To avoid matting of the Fur, It is important that the bed is thoroughly dried in dryer directly after washing. Do not Air dry
10. K&H Deluxe Ortho Bolster Sleeper Dog Bed
K&H makes a lot of our favorite beds, so you shouldn’t be surprised to see it on a list of the top dog beds for small dogs!
This is a great luxury orthopedic dog bed that any puppy will love. Snuggly, attractive and comfortable for beds of all ages.
- Made with soft, plush, velvety, printed microsuede for extreme comfort
- Overfilled bolsters surround in comfort
- Plush medical grade orthopedic foam
- Cover and liners are removable
- Easy wash and care
- Sleeping surface measures 18.5" x 18"
Although it’s among the most expensive of all these great dog beds for small dogs, the Best Friends by Sheri is my personal favorite!
It’s oh-so-cozy, beautifully made, highly rated AND vegan! What more could you want?
The Snoozer Cave is my next favorite, though. I love all the styles that it comes in!
Finding the right dog bed for small dogs is important because you want to make sure everyone- pooch included- is comfy at bedtime!
Offering up a great and comfortable dog bed for your pets will help them to feel loved, comfortable and safe in your home.
Looking for beds for your big buddy? Check out our favorite large breed dog beds!
Which of these great dog beds for small dogs would your little pooch love to relax on? Tell us in the comments!
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API