Interested in seeing your work appear on Dogvills? Please check out our guidelines below, then email your idea(s) to info@Dogvills.com with the subject IDEA PITCH.
- Include a 2-3 sentence bio with your submission. If you would like to include your social channels, please hyperlink them in the text AND include them at the bottom in case the formatting gets lost along the way.
- If you include just an idea, please include your portfolio or previous published articles as well as the link you will be including in your post.
- You may send your post directly in the body of your email or attach it as a word doc.
- While we prefer original content, we will consider content that has run elsewhere. Please give us the link(s) to other places where it has been published.
- We would love for you to include a picture! Please send the original photo in the highest resolution that you have. We will resize and crop if needed.
- We also love videos! If you are submitting a video, please zip it and email it to us. You can also use Dropbox. While we will accept a Youtube video, we do prefer to have the original if possible.
What we are looking for:
- Dog Adoption Stories- see this one or this one for examples
- Heartwarming stories about rescue dogs (example)
- Dog-related news stories- see Barking News for examples
- Funny dog videos
- Funny pictures or videos to share on our Facebook page. Please note that for these videos, it must be the original, NOT a Youtube video.
- Personal interest stories about life with your dog. For example, if your dog won a costume contest because you created a really neat outfit for him, if you mastered a really cool trick together, etc.
What we don’t accept:
- Negative content about breeds.
- Content that promotes buying dogs from pet stores or breeders. We prefer to focus on adoptions and rescues.
- Anything that promotes illegal or unethical activities, including content that promotes dog fighting, puppy mills, and so on. We do, however, welcome content that talks about rescuing dogs from these activities.
Due to the high number of submissions we receive, you will hear from us within one week if we are able to run your post. If you do not hear from us within that timeframe, please feel free to submit elsewhere.
Due to the high number of submissions we receive, you will hear from us within one week if we are able to run your post. If you do not hear from us within that time frame, please feel free to submit elsewhere.