If you’re looking for a complete Brindle Dog Bed review to find out if it’s worth buying, you’re in the right place.
Today, we’ll be discussing the budget-friendly bed in great detail.
We’ll start with the basic features of the two different models, then check out the pros and the cons.
By the end, you’ll know whether or not it’s worth buying for your pup!
You may also love: How to Clean a Dog Bed Without a Washing Machine
What is the Brindle Dog Bed?
The Brindle Dog Bed can actually refer to two different models, listed on Amazon as:
- Brindle Waterproof Designer Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed with Removable Washable Cover
What’s the difference between them? Actually, quite a bit more than just the name and the overall “waterproofness” of them!
In fact, the real names of the beds (brands rename stuff for Amazon to fit in keywords) give you more clues about the differences. They are:
- Orthopedic 4″ Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Shredded Memory Foam Pet Bed
Based on those names, we can see that one is made of solid memory foam while the other is just shredded foam.
These two beds make up the entirety of the Brindle Pets catalog.
When your whole company revolves around just two products, they have to be good, right? Let’s find out!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Interested in this bed? Read k9 ballistics orthopedic lux bed review.
Complete Brindle Dog Bed Review
Since the two beds have some fairly unique features (compared to each other, anyway), I feel like it makes sense to review them separately.
We’ll be using the Amazon titles, since that’s where I usually shop for dog beds (it’s also where the Brindle Pets website sends you to purchase each one).
You can see them side-by-side below, then keep reading for more details.
1. Brindle Waterproof Designer Memory Foam Pet Bed Review
If you came here looking for a Brindle Waterproof dog bed review, this is where you want to start.
Referred to as the Orthopedic 4″ Memory Foam Pet Bed on the Brindle Pets website, this is the more premium version of the two options in my opinion.
Don’t let that scare you, though, it’s still among the most budget-friendly dog beds available (well, at least among those I’d actually recommend).
Let’s take a look at the features, pros and cons.
Features & Pros
- Comes in 3 sizes (small, medium and large).
- Large is big enough for dogs up to 75lbs, medium up to 50, and small up to 25.
- Available in 6 different designs (3 basic styles and 3 “designer” styles)
- Includes a 100% waterproof encasement under the fabric cover to protect the bed against spills, accidents, and such.
- Made with 4″ of memory foam (2″ comfort memory foam and 2″ high-density foam base)
- The supportive foam helps relieve pressure on your dog’s aching joints.
- Soft velour cover is dirt and hair-resistant.
- Zippered cover is removable and machine washable.
- A naturally hypoallergenic dog bed.
- The other bed comes in a lot more sizes!
- The largest size is only 46″ x 28″ x 4″, which is smaller than the other model by several inches.
- No sizes for giant breeds.
- Removable cover itself is NOT waterproof, and the waterproof encasing is not removable.
- According to some customers, the velour wears out pretty fast and leaves “fuzzies” all over.
- Not the most durable bed, and definitely not chew or dig resistant.
- The warranty is pretty cruddy (see below).
At first glace, it looks like this model is actually cheaper than their 3″ shredded foam bed.
However, remember, it only comes in three sizes. When you compare the sizes side-by-side, it’s actually a few bucks more (like $3).
The majority of users love this bed, although there are some concerning negative reviews that refer to moldy beds, bad customer service, and shoddy construction.
Definitely check it over the moment it arrives and initiate a return through Amazon right away if it’s not satisfactory.
Don’t wait, as they have a fairly paltry return policy of just 30 days.
However, the bed does have a 3-year limited warranty to protect against some manufacturer defects.
Unfortunately, it’s pretty open to interpretation on their end and doesn’t cover changes in softness, impressions under 1.5″ (which is almost half the bed’s height) and overall resilience of the bed.
- 4 inches of foam, removable & washable cover, hypoallergenic
- Not very durable
2. Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed with Removable Washable Cover Review
Also called the Shredded Memory Foam Pet Bed on their site, this one comes in a lot more sizes than the Brindle Waterproof Dog Bed.
Features & Pros
- Comes in a total of 7 sizes ranging from one small enough for teacup dogs and cats all the way up to a Great Dane size.
- Made with a 3″ thick layer of orthopedic shredded memory foam fill
- The shredded foam is a bit more breathable than the solid memory foam, so it’s better for hot places.
- Lightweight and portable, great for dog crates.
- Soft micro suede cover is removable and washable.
- Easy to plump back up after your dog lays on it.
- Many customers rave about how durable and long-lasting the cover is (one noted that it was still in great shape after two years).
- Not waterproof or even water-resistant.
- Not chew or dig proof (or resistant).
- Shredded foam isn’t as supportive as the solid foam.
- Again, the warranty isn’t too fantastic.
- Some users note that it has a very strong chemical smell
- A lot of people complain that it’s lumpy, which is due to the shredded foam, of course.
- No replacement covers available.
Although I don’t love the shredded foam, I do like that this one comes in more sizes so you can find the exact right fit for your pup.
If you have a giant breed dog such as a Great Dane, this is the only one of the two that would actually work for you.
As with the waterproof model, don’t wait to return it if you don’t like it, and don’t expect that 3-year-warranty to cover very much.
Both of the Brindle Soft Velour Pet Beds would make great budget-friendly beds for your canine companion as long as they don’t dig, chew, or have accidents.
Sure, they’re not in my top 5 all-time favorites, but neither of them is what I’d call a bad purchase, either.
I would personally go with the first one because I prefer solid memory foam over the shredded stuff.
It also has slightly better reviews on Amazon, so there’s that.
Is supporting businesses that help animals in need is as important to you as it is to me?
If so, you’ll be happy to know that Brindle Pets donates a bed every single day to their local Humane Society, so the purchase of either bed helps them with this mission.
Curious to know which beds ARE on my top 5 favorites list? Check out the table below!
$142.00 ($142.00 / Count)
Now that you’ve read my complete Brindle Dog Bed review, which model would you choose? Share below!
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API