Looking for some advice on which Furhaven dog beds are best for your breed’s needs? I’ve got your back! Below, I’ve narrowed down their myriad of options to just five stellar picks. Check them out, along with complete reviews and overviews of each!
FYI, this post includes affilite links. If you make a purchase through these links, DogVills earns a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Ideal for senior dogs with joint issues
Perfect for small breeds
Cozy, comfortable headrest
5 Best Furhaven Dog Beds for All Breeds & Needs
Every dog owner wants to pamper their pups with a brand-new bed. After all, who doesn’t want their favorite furry friend to be as comfortable as possible? The question is, which of the thousands of options should we choose? One of the most popular are Furhaven dog beds from themselves and several other brands. So I thought it’d be a good idea to create a buying guide to help you navigate this site.
Limiting myself to only five dog beds on Furhaven was quite tricky. Honestly, there are so many solid options available to purchase. But I felt five dog beds would be a perfect amount to offer a scope of what’s on there without being overwhelming. So let’s dive right into these top options and see whether one of these beds can meet your dog’s needs.
1. Best for Senior Dogs: FurHaven Minky Faux Fur & Suede Pillow Top Dog Bed
I would challenge anyone to find a more suitable option for senior dogs than FurHaven’s Minky Faux Fur & Suede Pillow Top Dog Bed. Its impressive orthopedic foam base will soothe their joints and pressure points to promote much better sleep. Your older dog will be catching z’s on a cloud of supportive comfort.
- Sizes: Medium, Large, and Jumbo
- Colors: French Roast, Stonewash Blue, and Titanium Gray (shown below)
- Orthopedic foam base with a non-skid bottom
- Zippered fiberfill pillow top
- Suede material wrapped around the sides
- Top surface fitted with faux mink fur
- Ideal for senior dogs with joint issues
- Comfortable, supportive top surface
- Easy to clean with zippered pillow top
- Suitable for any breed (multiple size options)
- No assembly required
- Not a great option for chewers
- No options for XXL breeds (Great Danes and other dogs that reach weights greater than 125 lbs).
- Takes about 24 hours to decompress (nearly all memory foam beds do, but it’s still a bit of a downside)
Aside from being ideal for senior dogs, I was also intrigued by its easy cleaning process. It comes with a zippered pillow top that allows for machine washing. So you can clean any accident without much fuss.
My only complaint is this option isn’t the best for chewers. Its construction isn’t tough enough to deal with constant attacks from an aggressive chewer. As a result, owners with younger pups or chew-happy dogs may want to look at other options.
FurHaven's Minky Faux Fur & Suede Pillow Top Dog Bed takes pet beds to a whole new level! Great for pets of all ages, this dog bed is designed with a fully attached fiberfill pillow atop a mattress base - providing an extra layer of high-loft cushioned support for ultimate lounging comfort.
2. Best for Small Dogs: FurHaven Two-Tone Faux Fur & Suede Oval Dog Bed
The FurHaven Two-Tone Faux Fur & Suede Oval Dog Bed is a perfect option for anyone with a smaller dog. Its curl-up design should effortlessly mesh with a small dog’s sleeping habits. I could imagine a Chihuahua or Pug adoring its cozy faux fur/suede surface.
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large
- Two gray tones for coloring
- Oval design with medical-grade foam walls (curl up)
- Zippered, removable cover
- Faux fur, faux suede sleeping surface
- Internal removable pillow cushion
- Cut out entrance
- A more affordable option
- Perfect for small breeds
- Effortless to exit and enter
- Cozy curl-up design
- Easy to clean with machine washable cover
- Lack of color options
- No real XL options. The biggest size only holds dogs up to 75 lbs.
Ultimately, small breed owners should look hard at getting this Furhaven bed. It does an excellent job of meeting their needs while being affordable. It’s a combination that’s hard to beat, especially when buying pet beds.
But I do wish it had some more color options, as gray isn’t my favorite. It’s a little dull compared to other choices. However, the vast benefits sure make this mundane color look a little more stylish.
The FurHaven Two-Tone Faux Fur & Suede Oval Dog Bed is so soft, you'll wish we made one in your size! Designed for pets who like to curl-up in comfort, this traditional-style "nest" or "cuddler" dog and cat bed features medical-grade foam walls to support hips and back.
3. Most Versatile Option: FurHaven Plush and Suede Sofa-Style Pet Bed
FurHaven’s Plush and Suede Sofa-Style Pet Bed won’t have trouble meeting your dog’s needs, regardless of breed or age. It offers this versatility with an endless combination of sizes, mattress types, and colors. As a result, you’ll have no issue finding a suitable variation for your pup.
- Mattress types: Convoluted Orthopedic Foam, Solid Orthopedic Foam, Fiber Filled Pillow, Memory Foam, and Cooling Gel Foam
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, and Jumbo Plus
- Colors: Gray, Deep Pool, Espresso, and Almondine
- Faux fur sleeping surface
- Three-sided suedine wall bolsters
- Endless buying combinations for every dog’s needs
- Cozy, comfortable headrest
- Promotes long-term use with excellent craftsmanship
- Low entrance is suitable for senior dogs
- Stylish designs to avoid being an eyesore
- A bit pricier than others, especially for the largest sizes.
- Some reviewers felt that the “piping” tempted dogs to chew it.
Of course, its versatility will draw most dog owners to it. But I found myself loving its three-sided suedine wall bolsters that function as a doggy headrest. After all, it’d be perfect for my Beagle, who loves resting his chin on something while he sleeps.
I do wish this dog bed was a bit less expensive, as it’s the most expensive on our list. But I find paying a little extra is worth it when the product offers such quality performance. This dog bed certainly fits into this category.
The FurHaven Plush and Suede Sofa-Style Pet Bed is designed to provide your loved one with their own cozy couch for a good night's rest. Five different core filling options make it easy to find a bed that meets your pet's comfort needs (convolute orthopedic, solid slab orthopedic, memory foam top, cooling gel top, or fiber-filled pillow).
4. Best for Kennels or Crates: FurHaven’s NAP Water-Resistant Kennel Pads
Need a dog bed to put into a crate or kennel? Look no further than FurHaven’s NAP Water-Resistant Kennel Pads with its supportive and comfortable design. It’ll ensure your dog sees its kennel/crate as a safe and cozy resting place.
- Sizes: Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large
- Green/Gray-colored kennel pad
- Coated polycanvas exterior surface
- 1.25-inches thick (for all sizes)
- Polyurethane interior foam core (medical-grade)
- Made with water-resistant materials
- Perfect bed base for crates or kennels
- Top-tier comfort and support
- Suitable bed for other locations (floors, vehicles, offices, etc.)
- Easy to clean with water-resistant design (only requires a wipe down)
- Durable construction
- The cover is a little loose.
- Not thick enough to use as an everyday bed
Overall, kennel and crate beds don’t get much better than this one. Furhaven did a solid job creating a product that’ll make any pup happy. It even has water-resistant qualities to ensure all accidents are easy to clean up for owners.
Some customers did complain about the cover being a little loose, though. So I suggest being careful when moving inside or outside the crate to avoid issues.
FurHaven's NAP Water-Resistant Kennel Pads are the perfect base for your pet's comfort in kennels and crates. This pad features a coated polycanvas exterior that is easy to clean - just wipe it down with a clean cloth.
5. Most Adorable Option: FurHaven Snuggery Pet Bed
The final option, FurHaven’s Snuggery Pet Bed, is a bit different than these other dog beds. It has a snuggery design, meaning it has a hood/blanket piece overtop of the bed. This aspect allows dogs to pull the hood over themselves for a more snuggly sleeping experience. As you can imagine, it creates a rather adorable situation.
- Mattress types: Orthopedic Foam, Memory Foam, and Cooling Gel Foam
- Sizes: 18″ Round, 26″ Round, 35″ Round, and 44″ Round
- Colors: Espresso, Cream, Blue, Gray, and Pink
- Snuggery design with soft burrowing hood/blanket
- Lined with faux-sheepskin
- Zippered, removable cover
- Adorable design and available colors
- Unmatched comfort with included burrowing hood
- Durable construction from high-quality materials
- User-friendly with various mattress types and sizes (suitable for all breeds)
- Easy to wash and clean
- Skittish dogs may be afraid of using the cover.
Honestly, the hood/blanket piece of this dog bed alone would be enough to sell me. But Furhaven also threw in a durable construction and various buying options. It’s genuinely a well-crafted, attractive option to provide your furball with more comfort.
However, I would be cautious about buying it for skittish dogs. The cover portion could scare them away from using it.
Snuggeries are constructed to let your dog or cat burrow and snuggle into the bed, with the top part of the bed functioning as a soft, shapeable, blanket. The plastic hoop helps your pet get under the soft hood but does not stay up so that your pet will stay covered and cozy!
What to Consider When Buying a Dog Bed from Furhaven?
Choosing a perfect dog bed requires accounting for several different buying factors. It’s no different when selecting one on Furhaven. In fact, the only difference is their beds are often more high-quality choices than on other sites.
Regardless, let’s take a look at some vital determining considerations. These discussions will make finding a suitable dog bed on Furhaven much easier.
Your Dog’s Size
A dog’s size is the most crucial consideration when choosing a bed for one. Otherwise, your brand-new doggy bed might not be big enough for them. It’s not an outcome any pet owner wants to experience, considering these products aren’t cheap.
But a bed being too small isn’t your only potential issue. Some smaller breeds may become a little intimidated by the size of a larger bed. Therefore, you must find the sweet spot based on your dog’s particular size.
An easy way to avoid all this confusion is by measuring your dog before shopping. It’s a simple way of using a tape measure and measuring from their nose’s tip to the start of their tail. Once you’ve got these measurements, follow this rough guide:
- Small-sized beds for 0-25 inches
- Medium-sized beds for 26-35 inches
- Large-sized beds for 36-40 inches
- X-large sized beds for 41-55 inches
- XXL-sized beds for 55-70 inches
Of course, these ranges are only a rough guide. Most brands will have a size chart for their bed on the ad page, which you should always follow. Sadly, I didn’t follow this advice when buying my last one, and now my Pitbull can’t even fit on it. She still tries, though, which often results in some amusing photos.
Dog beds need to offer a durable construction. If they don’t, any pup will rip through them without difficulty, especially when they’re chewers. I can’t tell you how many beds I needed to replace when my Beagle was still a puppy.
So it stands to reason that I’ll always suggest buying chew-proof dog beds. These options will handle any teething or other teeth-related attacks for our pups. But there is a problem with this tactic when searching for puppy beds.
Some brands exaggerate their beds’ chew-proof abilities. So it’s essential to research each option, even on Furhaven, by reading through the customer reviews. Your fellow dog owners will provide somewhat negative feedback when a bed doesn’t live up to its chew-proof standards.
Your Dog’s Age and Comfort Level
Age goes under the radar when discussing top buying factors for dog beds. However, your dog’s age should impact the final decision. For instance, an older dog with joint issues would benefit significantly from an orthopedic bed.
These beds won’t have any issues soothing those issues and providing excellent comfort. It’ll likely become a favorite sleeping spot for your older dog. It’s essential to ensure the bed meets their specific needs regarding comfort level.
Meanwhile, a younger pup may not enjoy an orthopedic bed. Most experts suggest that puppies and growing adults prefer memory foam beds over orthopedic models. So it’s ideal for sticking with those recommendations when choosing one for your pup.
Dog beds are built with particular locations in mind. For instance, a regular bed being used in a crate isn’t a good idea. You’d be much better off purchasing a crate pad or similar product that fits in the enclosure easier.
Meanwhile, a thick dog bed would be a terrific choice to put on your floor. It’d allow your dog a comfortable seat even when placed on a hard surface. Plus, a dog is much less likely to jump on the couch if a comfy thick bed is on the floor.
You’ll also want to consider whether you intend to use them indoors or outdoors. If you’re going to set it up outside, ensure it has a waterproof design. This attribute will help save the bed if it accidentally gets caught in the rain.
Is it Easy to Clean?
Any high-quality dog bed will offer an easy cleaning process. In most cases, these beds will even come with an easy-to-remove for machine washing. This attribute has saved me so much time cleaning these beds over the years.
I’d also suggest ensuring the product has some water-resistance liner. This aspect is super vital for owners with dogs who drool significantly. For example, my Pitbull drools constantly, so these liners are indispensable to ensure her drool doesn’t ruin the bed.
Dog beds are available on Furhaven for various price tags. So buyers would be wise to create a budget based on their dog’s specific needs. For instance, an extra-large bed will cost much more than a small or medium.
Your budget will need to account for this price increase. Otherwise, this resource won’t be helpful and realistic to what you want in a dog bed. But if the budget does stay realistic, it can help reduce the number of available options to a more manageable number.
If I had to choose one Furhaven dog bed, FurHaven’s Plush and Suede Sofa-Style Pet Bed would be my recommendation. Its versatility and tremendous comfort levels will suit almost any dog out there.
Have you tried any of these Furhaven dog beds? Make sure to let us know in the comment section!