If you’re searching for the best dog beds for French Bulldogs, you’ll love our list!
These darling little gentlemen deserve a comfy place to rest their sweet little heads, right?
The good news- finding fantastic beds for small dogs like the Frenchie is a total breeze.
In fact, it’s so easy that it’s hard, because the choices can be overwhelming.
I’ve whittled down the list of Frenchie beds to just a handful of diverse options that I think you’ll love, so let’s check it out!
What to Consider When Buying a Frenchie Bed
Like I said, buying a Frenchie bed isn’t really all that challenging.
They’re not powerful gnawers, so you don’t have to go crazy finding a chew-proof bed.
Since they don’t shed a lot, you don’t have to pay such close attention to words like “hair and fur resistant.”
They’re also a fairly mellow breed, so toughness isn’t a major factor when choosing a bed.
So, what do you need to look for in a great Frenchie bed? Look for something:
- Gentle on their skin, since those folds make them prone to issues.
- Soft & cuddly, especially in the winter, since they have such short fur.
- Supportive, but not hard, since Frenchies are prone to hip & knee problems.
- Hypoallergenic materials (again, because of the skin as well as the Frenchie’s propensity for allergies)
Types of Frenchie beds to consider
As you read through our list of the best dog beds for French Bulldogs, you’ll notice that we included several different styles.
Here’s a quick glance at our favorite options for Frenchies.
Cave & tent beds
Caves & tent beds aren’t just super cute, they provide your Frenchie with an added sense of security.
French Bulldogs are prone to anxiety– especially separation anxiety- and a nice secure & comfy cave can help ease some of his fears.
Just remember, Frenchies are brachycephalic dogs, meaning they have short squat noses that make breathing a potential challenge.
Choose roomier caves that give him plenty of breathing room, both literally and figuratively.
Cuddler Donut Beds
Soft, cozy, and oh-so cuddly, just like the name implies. They’re also called donut beds, in case you were wondering.
While I really couldn’t buy one of these for my dog (she’d eat it and the center isn’t supportive enough), they’re among my favorite options for the little guys.
Donut beds are shaped just like they sound, with lush plush material on the outer rim and a somewhat flat center.
If your Frenchie needs a supportive bed, these are pretty much off the table. However, if he’s young, healthy & loves to sleep curled up they’re pretty fantastic!
Elevated cot-like beds
Elevated cot-like dog beds on legs are among my favorites, especially for dogs who like to chew.
While they’re not as cuddly as a cuddler or soft as a pillow bed, they are actually more orthopedic than a lot of options since the cot evenly distributes your dog’s weight.
Plus, they’re perfect for the outdoors or for messy dogs, since they’re a breeze to clean.
Standard pillow beds
While standard plain old pillow beds are among the most popular options, they’re also my least favorite.
First, they’re usually stuffed with polyfill, which isn’t very supportive. Second, they’re just not all that durable.
Still, if you’re on a tight budget or just need a small travel bed, they’ll do.
Frenchies aren’t heavy, so polyfill isn’t as bad an idea as it is with larger breeds.
Orthopedic beds can be cave-like, pillow-like, cot-like, and so on. The major difference is the filling.
Typically, an ortho bed is stuffed with memory foam instead of cheap polyfill.
While dogs of any age can benefit from orthopedic beds, they’re especially important for senior dogs with arthritis.
Look for solid foam versus shredded, as it tends to hold its shape better and offer more support.
Now, let’s get to the part you’ve been waiting for: my list of the top 10 best Frenchie dog beds!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Top 10 Best Dog Beds for French Bulldogs
Take a look at the tables for a quick peek at our favorites (the second one is above #6), then read on for more details!
1. Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Bed for Frenchies Review
If you’re looking for a fantastic French Bulldog cave bed, you really can’t go wrong with the Snoozer.
There’s a reason it’s among the most popular cave beds.
Features & Pros
- Small has a 25″ diameter
- Made with a super plush & cozy Sherpa fleece interior
- A 3″ orthopedic foam core adds support
- Two batting layers for extra softness.
- Both the cover and liner come off and can be washed in a machine.
- Zipper is made of rust-proof brass.
- Dozens of color options
- They run small
- Only really works for dogs who lobe to burrow
- Tends to tip backwards as dogs climb into it
- Top is not removable
As long as your Frenchie likes to burrow, the Snoozer Cave is a fantastic option.
I love all the different colors & prints. Makes it easy to pick something that fits in with your decor.
Just remember that it does run smaller than expected, so if your Frenchie is on the bigger side, you may want to go up a size.
- Sherpa lining for warmth in winter and cool in summer
- Removable washable/dryable cover
- Heavy duty rust proof brass zipper
- Zippered liner
2. Pickle & Polly Tent Bed Review
One of my favorite french bulldog tent beds, the Pickle & Polly is as cozy as it is cute!
Features & Pros
- Made with only premium and safe materials from the canopy to the poles to the bed itself.
- All of the materials are chemical-free, so they’re gentle on your Frenchie’s skin.
- The poles are made from 100% pine and totally free of harmful chemicals.
- Two super stylish color choices that seamlessly fit into any decor.
- Pillow is stuffed with high-grade fill that retains its shape over the years.
- Durable enough for even the toughest Frenchie and machine washable.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction guarantee
- Smaller than it looks, although it should be fine for most French Bulldogs
- Tents in general take some getting used to for dogs.
- Tent fabric is a bit thin, albeit still durable
As long as your Frenchie is on the smaller side (say, under 25lbs), I say go for it.
While it’s pricier than some beds, it’s definitely among the more budget-friendly dog tents!
- PREMIUM & SAFE MATERIALS - Pickle & Polly products are designed and created with longevity, comfort, and pet safety in mind. Our canopies are made from medium-weight fabrics finished with soft and luxurious materials to provide a safe home your pets will love to cozy up in. All poles are made from 100% pine, completely free from harmful chemical treatment.
- STYLISH - Made with stylish materials, our fabric patterns and warm colors seamlessly blend into your existing home décor and make for happy pets.
- COMFORTABLE - Our dog beds provide the highest level of comfort for your best friend. Each pillow provides several inches of high grade fill weight material to ensure it retains shape, even after years of pet cuddles. We finish each pad with a swirled floret cover casing--always the best for best friends!
- DURABLE - Pets can be tough players and we keep that in mind when we design our products. We use 300+ GSM weight machine washable fabrics and high quality chemical free materials that can stand up to years of playful fun.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - All Pickle & Polly products are 100% Customer Satisfaction, guaranteed. If you are unhappy for any reason please contact us immediately.
3. Best Friends by Sheri OrthoComfort Deep Dish Cuddler Review
This donut cuddler bed is quite possibly my favorite of all the Frenchie beds!
While Best Friends by Sheri makes other donut beds, this premium luxury model is perfect for your little gentleman (or lady).
Features & Pros
- Perfect for dogs up to 25 lbs
- High walls give an added sense of security.
- Super warm and cozy
- 12″ rear bolster and 9″ front bolster walls
- Easy to clean, machine-washable and dryer-safe
- Bottom is waterproof to protect your floor from accidents.
- Premium non-toxic materials, like virgin AirLOFT fiver.
- Over a dozen color options
- Only two sizes- standard and jumbo, so if your Frenchie is over 25lbs, the next size up is too big.
- Flat in the middle, so not supportive enough for dogs with joint problems.
- Doesn’t look like picture when it arrives, you have to work to get it fluffed just right.
As long as your dog sleeps curled up and doesn’t need a ton of support, the BFBS bed is a cozy choice.
Just remember, it’s not going to look like the picture right out of the box. You’ll have to give it time to fluff up.
- SUPPORTS BETTER SLEEP: Perfect for cats, small dogs and other pets up to 25lbs, our cozy beds treat your furry friend to the best! By providing warmth and a sense of security (with its high walls), each dog sofa bed promotes more restful sleep, supporting better health and behavior
- COZY & COMFORTABLE: From cuddling to sprawling, our luxury dog beds are flexible enough to accommodate any sleeping position! The high 12” rear bolster wall helps ease joint pain, while the 9” front delivers head, neck and extra orthopedic support
- DESIGNED FOR CONVENIENCE: Quick and easy to clean, pet owners will love that our dog mattresses feature a WATERPROOF bottom! Not only does this protect floors, but because these beds are machine washable and dryer-safe, excess hair and odors are a problem of the past
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Made with only pet-safe materials, you’ll rest assured knowing our puppy beds are completely non-toxic! Stuffed with virgin AirLOFT fibers, it keeps its loft for up to 3 times longer than the second-hand fibers found in most other pet beds
- SHOP RISK FREE: At Best Friends by Sheri, we care about the health and safety of your pet just as much as you do! If you have any problems or questions about our washable dog bed, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our world-class customer service team
4. Dog Diggin Designs Cloud 9 Bed Review
Talk about a cute bed, right? This one isn’t just absolutely darling, it’s also comfy!
Features & Pros
- Soft, luxurious high-quality materials
- Removable cover is machine-washable
- Makes a great conversation piece!
- Comes in three different sizes and two styles
- It’s pricey for a dog bed
- Not the most supportive materials (the inside is basically a pillow bed)
If you’re willing to spend a little extra for something cute and don’t need a load of support for your dog, this is definitely an adorable choice.
However, if I’m spending extra money, I’d rather it go towards comfort and durability features versus the “cute factor.”
- Spoil your dog with soft, luxurious comfort made from the highest quality material & craftsmanship.
- Covers unzip & are machine washable for ease of cleaning. Fits most breeds. See image for size info.
- Choose from a selection of fun and stunningly beautiful parodies of iconic cars or fashion brands.
- Unlike all the dreary-looking dog beds, our beds uplift any space and are great conversation pieces.
- These stunning parodies of iconic brands provide endless photo ops to light up your social media.
5. Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed Lounge Sofa
Friends Forever is a popular recommendation throughout many of our dog bed buying guides.
They’re budget-friendly for an orthopedic bed and have stellar overall ratings.
Features & Pros
- Made with human-grade materials.
- Water-resistant liner keeps accidents from seeping through
- Machine-washable durable cover resists basic wear and tear
- Non-skid bottom keeps it in place
- Neutral colors fit any decor
- Small size fits up to 30 lbs.
- Made in China
- Zipper isn’t as durable as the rest of the bed.
- Memory foam smells bad out of the box, so you have to let it air out.
- Colors are a bit meh
The Friends Forever bed is a good budget-friendly option for aging Frenchies who need more support.
While I wish it came in cuter colors, comfort matters more to me than style, and they’re not exactly ugly (just a little boring).
- Designed with extra care, your pet's comfort is our priority. Your dog will get a solid night's sleep in this luxurious bed. The cushioned poly-fill bolster provides your dog exceptional comfort, even for dogs with joint pain or arthritis.
- Water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam, this orthopedic bed has been put to the test proven to be durable and long lasting.
- Bed Size: 25 x 20 x 5 inch, Mattress thickness 2.5 inch. Huge clearance is perfect for a couple smaller pets who like it cozy for 1 small or medium sized dog up to 30lbs. Great head, hip and bone support.
- Pet-Loving parents will score major points from their dogs with this new, ideal and comfy bed. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED Your Purchase Is Covered By A Limited 1-Year Warranty. We stand by our promise on quality.
- Easy to Clean: Soft, removable cover is durable, and machine-washable. You can remove the cover anytime with the YKK pure metal zippers and keep your pet's bed clean. Non-skid, non-slip bottom, fur and hair resistant cover.
6. Bowsers Diamond Series Fur Donut Dog Bed
I’m always surprised that I don’t see Bowsers dog beds mentioned more often in “top 10” lists elsewhere, they really make some great premium beds!
While they definitely have some super cute options, my personal favorite for your Frenchie is their diamond series donut bed.
Features & Pros
- Comes in sizes from XS to XXL, so there’s a perfect size for your Frenchie.
- Super soft faux fur envelopes your dog in sheer comfort & luxury.
- Tufted cushion is removable and can be used as a crate mat
- High-quality materials, like Eco-Tex Certified upholstery grade fabrics
- Most of it is machine-washable
- Somewhat pricey for a donut bed
- This model doesn’t really come in as many colors as their others
- The colors that it does come in are blah
- Not waterproof at all
While I wish it was as cute as some of the other Bowser dog beds, if comfort matters more than style, this really is my favorite choice from them.
Just remember, since it’s a donut bed, the center isn’t supportive, so it’s not great for a senior Frenchie.
- Novelty : Faux Fur Grey
- The oval ring creates the feeling of security pets love
- Removable tufted cushion can be used as a crate or travel mat
- Circular tufting creates an elegant upholstered look
- Excellent Fit and Finish
7. Kuranda Elevated Dog Bed
Kuranda makes an appearance on almost every single one of my dog bed buying guides, so you shouldn’t be surprised to see it here!
Let’s find out why it’s great for your Frenchie.
Features & Pros
- Super sturdy and durable build means it’ll last a long time.
- No stuffing, so if your Frenchie is a de-fluffer, you don’t have to worry.
- The material is allergy-friendly, which is super important for sensitive French Bulldogs.
- Virtually indestructible if you buy the all-aluminum heavy-duty vinyl option.
- Even though it has no fluff, it’s still very supportive for older Frenchies.
- Waterproof and easy to clean (just hose it off)
- Can be tricky to assemble
- Some dogs just don’t like cot-like beds
- Legs are not adjustable, so you have to make sure you get one that’s short enough for your Frenchie.
- Only one model is chew-proof
Check out our full Kuranda Dog Bed review for more details.
Typically, I’d tell you to get the all-aluminum heavy-duty vinyl option since it’s virtually indestructible.
With Frenchies, though, you can actually get away with one of the cheaper options, like the PVC frame pictured here.
As long as your dog will use it (mine took some time to warm up to a cot bed), it’s one of the best overall options.
- HIGH STRENGTH PVC frame supports up to 100 lbs. For heavier dogs, try the Kuranda All Aluminum Dog Bed or Midnight Black Aluminum Dog Bed.
- Elevated/Raised orthopedic design to keep your dog dry, cool, and comfortable.
- Easy to Clean, guaranteed to stand up to repeated cleaning.
- Cordura is abrasion resistant, is as durable as canvas, and it provides plenty of traction getting on and off the bed. Its great for indoor use.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY / Outside Dimensions: 30x20x7 / Fabric Area: 26x16 / Does Not Come Assembled
8. Keet Westerhill Pet Sofa Bed
Here’s one that I don’t get to talk about too often because I’m usually writing about beds for big dogs.
The Keet Westerhill Sofa Bed is super stylish and adorable, but how does it measure up against the others on this list? Let’s find out!
Features & Pros
- It’s handmade with a strong real-wood frame.
- Covered in super soft minky fabric.
- Zippered cover is washable.
- Cushion is stuffed with reclaimed shredded memory foam, giving it an eco-friendly vibe.
- Includes 2 cute matching pillows (only for the medium and large)
- Holds up to 25 lbs
- Really affordable, especially for such a cute handmade bed.
- Frenchies can weigh up to 28lbs, so if your guy is on the bigger side, it’s a no-go.
- Shredded memory foam isn’t as supportive as solid foam
- Only comes in 2 light colors, so not a great option for messy dogs
I’m actually really surprised that this bed is so inexpensive compared to other similar options.
If you want something that looks darling in your home without spending a small fortune on a designer bed, it’s a good pick.
- Hand made out of strong wood frame and upholstered with minky fabric
- Includes a reclaimed shredded memory foam cushion, covered with ultra soft bear skin fabric
- Zippered cushion cover is removable for washing and minky needs to be vacuum often to help maintain the sofa bed appearance
- 2 matching pillows are included
- For Medium pets up to 25 lbs
9. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed
Another bed that frequently shows up on our lists, The Dog’s Bed by The Dog’s Balls (funny name, right) is a fabulous, highly-rated orthopedic option for older Frenchies.
Features & Pros
- Total of 4″ of premium memory foam, including a solid 2” high density orthopedic memory foam & a solid 2” base of support foam
- Designed with older dogs in mind, so it’s soothing for joint conditions.
- Removable cover is machine-washable
- Includes a waterproof mattress protector
- You can actually buy replacement covers! Yay!
- 8 Fun trim colors
- Only the trim offers color options, the bed is always a standard grey or brown.
- Some customers complain that the cover is thin and cheaply made.
- Cover is also a bit slick and squeaky, not as soft as some others.
The Dog’s Bed has tons of glowing reviews, but there are a few concerning ones regarding the cover. It’s not quite as soft as it should be in a premium bed.
However, if you need orthopedic support and waterproof features more than soft fabric, it’s a good choice. Besides, you can always cover it with a cozy blanket.
- Small Grey with Pink Trim (Easy Clean Cover) 28” x 19” x 4” premium quality waterproof orthopedic dog bed. Solid 2” premium grade, high density, orthopedic memory foam over a solid 2” base of high stability premium support foam with covers designed so that your bed fits your home decor seamlessly and your dog can stay close to the family
- A prudent preventative measure for younger dogs of breeds predisposed to joint conditions, ensuring your dog’s joints remain mobile into their senior years, improving their quality of life and keeping your dog healthy and active for longer
- Therapeutic bed designed to provide relief and comfort to tripawds, dogs with joint conditions such as hip and elbow dysplasia, arthritis, patellar luxation, osteochondritis and other conditions such as torn cruciate ligaments so they can get the rest they need. Prevents elbow calluses as well as pressure sores due to immobility during illness or post-surgery
- The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic was designed to keep your best friend’s joints young for longer. We receive overwhelmingly positive feedback from pet guardians who credit The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic with restoring the mobility and vitality of their dogs, as well as helping their dogs to sleep more soundly.
- Bed comes with removable covers that are easy to wash, quick-drying and include a waterproof mattress protector to catch accidents associated with incontinence. Replacement covers can be purchased separately from amazon.com/shops/thedogsballs
10. PLS Birdsong The Doggy Bed
This super cute PLS Birdsong bed looks like a miniature toddler bed, doesn’t it?
Let’s take a look at the medium option, since that’s the one you’ll want.
Features & Pros
- Measures 28″L x 21″W and holds up to 50lbs
- Three-piece set comes with the bed, pillow and blanket.
- Cover comes off and is machine-washable.
- Cuddly bolster-style gives an added sense of security.
- The inside of the bed is fluffy and warm.
- Exterior is made of durable canvas, with oxford fabric on the bottom, so it’s durable.
- The back is firm, much like a human bed headboard.
- Stuffed with polyfill, so it’s not very supportive.
- Since the back is firm, you can’t really put it in a crate.
- Arrives flat and takes some work to fluff it and make it look like the product picture.
- Not the most durable bed overall, especially if you have a Frenchie that’s a little rougher than average on his beds.
While they do make a smaller bed, it’s really only ideal for toy breeds. The medium is definitely the way to go!
As long as you don’t need something super supportive, this is a fun little option.
It’s fairly budget-friendly for a quality dog bed, and it has terrific reviews.
- The medium size is 28"L x 21"W. These beds are most suitable for pets upto 50 lbs. It is recommended for dog breeds such as Brittany spaniels, border collies, standard schnauzers and English springer spaniels. It is also suitable for most cats.
- Design: A three-piece set; bed, pillow and blanket. All that your dog needs to be warm and cozy.
- Easy-clean: The cover is fully removable and machine-washable. Easy care.
- Comfort: The inside of the bed is very fluffy, warm and comfortable. Your dog's new cozy spot.
- Durable: Exterior cover is made of canvas, bottom is made of oxford fabric and the inside fabric is made of short floss. Durable for multiple washes. Filled with polyfiber fill for superior comfort.
It’s hard to say which of these is my favorite because they’re all so different. Nine times out of ten, though, when Kuranda is on my list, that’s my top choice.
This time is no different IF you have a dog that will use it. If you want something snugglier, though, go with the Best Friends by Sheri.
One last word: I really wanted to find you a cute French Bulldog print dog bed to round out the options, but alas it didn’t happen.
I did find you this darling plush blanket, though! Folded up, it’s thick enough and wide enough to act as a travel bed.
Or you can use it to cover one of the other options. It would go great on a cot or pillow bed!
Tell me below which of these best dog beds for French Bulldogs you’d buy for your Frenchie!
Last update on 2019-12-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API