If you’re searching for the best dog beds for French Bulldogs, you’ll love our list!
These darling little gentlemen deserve a comfy place to rest their sweet little heads, right?
The good news- finding fantastic beds for small dogs like the Frenchie is a total breeze.
In fact, it’s so easy that it’s hard, because the choices can be overwhelming.
I’ve whittled down the list of Frenchie beds to just a handful of diverse options that I think you’ll love, so let’s check it out!
Content & Quick Navigation
What to Consider When Buying a Frenchie Bed
Like I said, buying a Frenchie bed isn’t really all that challenging.
They’re not powerful gnawers, so you don’t have to go crazy finding a chew-proof bed.
Since they don’t shed a lot, you don’t have to pay such close attention to words like “hair and fur resistant.”
They’re also a fairly mellow breed, so toughness isn’t a major factor when choosing a bed.
So, what do you need to look for in a great Frenchie bed? Look for something:
- Gentle on their skin, since those folds make them prone to issues.
- Soft & cuddly, especially in the winter, since they have such short fur.
- Supportive, but not hard, since Frenchies are prone to hip & knee problems.
- Hypoallergenic materials (again, because of the skin as well as the Frenchie’s propensity for allergies)
Types of Frenchie beds to consider
As you read through our list of the best dog beds for French Bulldogs, you’ll notice that we included several different styles.
Here’s a quick glance at our favorite options for Frenchies.
Cave & tent beds
Caves & tent beds aren’t just super cute, they provide your Frenchie with an added sense of security.
French Bulldogs are prone to anxiety– especially separation anxiety- and a nice secure & comfy cave can help ease some of his fears.
Just remember, Frenchies are brachycephalic dogs, meaning they have short squat noses that make breathing a potential challenge.
Choose roomier caves that give him plenty of breathing room, both literally and figuratively.
Cuddler Donut Beds
Soft, cozy, and oh-so cuddly, just like the name implies. They’re also called donut beds, in case you were wondering.
While I really couldn’t buy one of these for my dog (she’d eat it and the center isn’t supportive enough), they’re among my favorite options for the little guys.
Donut beds are shaped just like they sound, with lush plush material on the outer rim and a somewhat flat center.
If your Frenchie needs a supportive bed, these are pretty much off the table. However, if he’s young, healthy & loves to sleep curled up they’re pretty fantastic!
Elevated cot-like beds
Elevated cot-like dog beds on legs are among my favorites, especially for dogs who like to chew.
While they’re not as cuddly as a cuddler or soft as a pillow bed, they are actually more orthopedic than a lot of options since the cot evenly distributes your dog’s weight.
Plus, they’re perfect for the outdoors or for messy dogs, since they’re a breeze to clean.
Standard pillow beds
While standard plain old pillow beds are among the most popular options, they’re also my least favorite.
First, they’re usually stuffed with polyfill, which isn’t very supportive. Second, they’re just not all that durable.
Still, if you’re on a tight budget or just need a small travel bed, they’ll do.
Frenchies aren’t heavy, so polyfill isn’t as bad an idea as it is with larger breeds.
Orthopedic beds can be cave-like, pillow-like, cot-like, and so on. The major difference is the filling.
Typically, an ortho bed is stuffed with memory foam instead of cheap polyfill.
While dogs of any age can benefit from orthopedic beds, they’re especially important for senior dogs with arthritis.
Look for solid foam versus shredded, as it tends to hold its shape better and offer more support.
Now, let’s get to the part you’ve been waiting for: my list of the top 10 best Frenchie dog beds!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Top 10 Best Dog Beds for French Bulldogs
Take a look at the tables for a quick peek at our favorites (the second one is above #6), then read on for more details!
1. Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Bed for Frenchies Review
If you’re looking for a fantastic French Bulldog cave bed, you really can’t go wrong with the Snoozer.
There’s a reason it’s among the most popular cave beds.
Features & Pros
- Small has a 25″ diameter
- Made with a super plush & cozy Sherpa fleece interior
- A 3″ orthopedic foam core adds support
- Two batting layers for extra softness.
- Both the cover and liner come off and can be washed in a machine.
- Zipper is made of rust-proof brass.
- Dozens of color options
- They run small
- Only really works for dogs who lobe to burrow
- Tends to tip backwards as dogs climb into it
- Top is not removable
As long as your Frenchie likes to burrow, the Snoozer Cave is a fantastic option.
I love all the different colors & prints. Makes it easy to pick something that fits in with your decor.
Just remember that it does run smaller than expected, so if your Frenchie is on the bigger side, you may want to go up a size.
- LIKE A HUG FOR YOUR DOG! Is your dog a cuddler? A burrower? The Cozy Cave dog bed is just what you’re looking for! The hooded dog bed design lets your dog snooze between layers of soft Sherpa lining for enveloped comfort and coziness. Made to appeal to a dog’s natural instincts for burrowing, the Cozy Cave is the best dog bed for dogs who love sleeping under blankets. The Cozy Cave gives them a place to relax with a feeling of safety and security for less anxiety and more restful sleep.
- QUALITY FEATURES. Our Cozy Caves feature a cedar-poly fill that is exceptionally soft and comfortable, perfect for dogs who like the feeling of being wrapped up and snuggling in something soft. The aromatic cedar wood in our cedar-poly fill fights odors naturally by absorbing them to keep your dog’s bed (and your home) fresher for longer. Our dog beds are made to order in the USA and are artfully handsewn by our master craftsmen, so you and your dog get the premium Snoozer product you deserve.
- WE DON’T CUT CORNERS. Our dog beds are built to last! When you invest in a Snoozer, you’re buying a top-of-the-line pet product your dog will love for years to come. Our removable dog bed covers are machine washable, so your home can stay fresh and your dog has a clean healthy place to snooze. With tons of replacement dog bed covers available, you can try out different fabrics. Customer (dog and owner!) satisfaction is our top priority and we have many loyal customers who stay with us for years.
- DURABLE FABRIC. With a poly-cotton cover, this bed is soft to the touch while strong enough to handle daily wear-and-tear. Our poly-cotton exterior is fade-resistant, shrink-resistant, wrinkle-resistant, and machine washable which means it holds up to heavy use and regular cleaning and still looks great. To clean, just remove the plastic rod from the hood and unzip the easy-off cover to wash and hang dry. This high-quality dog bed will hold up for years!
- SIZING: This Small Cozy Cave has a 25” diameter, a 4” sidewall, and an approximate 8” hood opening. A thin removable plastic tube keeps the hood open for easy entry or exit and can be removed through the small hole at the corner of the hood. This size Small provides space for small breeds while creating a snug, enveloping feel. Please scroll down and check our size chart below for our best recommendations based on breed to ensure you buy the right size for your pup.
2. Pickle & Polly Tent Bed Review
One of my favorite french bulldog tent beds, the Pickle & Polly is as cozy as it is cute!
Features & Pros
- Made with only premium and safe materials from the canopy to the poles to the bed itself.
- All of the materials are chemical-free, so they’re gentle on your Frenchie’s skin.
- The poles are made from 100% pine and totally free of harmful chemicals.
- Two super stylish color choices that seamlessly fit into any decor.
- Pillow is stuffed with high-grade fill that retains its shape over the years.
- Durable enough for even the toughest Frenchie and machine washable.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction guarantee
- Smaller than it looks, although it should be fine for most French Bulldogs
- Tents in general take some getting used to for dogs.
- Tent fabric is a bit thin, albeit still durable
As long as your Frenchie is on the smaller side (say, under 25lbs), I say go for it.
While it’s pricier than some beds, it’s definitely among the more budget-friendly dog tents!
3. Best Friends by Sheri OrthoComfort Deep Dish Cuddler Review
This donut cuddler bed is quite possibly my favorite of all the Frenchie beds!
While Best Friends by Sheri makes other donut beds, this premium luxury model is perfect for your little gentleman (or lady).
Features & Pros
- Perfect for dogs up to 25 lbs
- High walls give an added sense of security.
- Super warm and cozy
- 12″ rear bolster and 9″ front bolster walls
- Easy to clean, machine-washable and dryer-safe
- Bottom is waterproof to protect your floor from accidents.
- Premium non-toxic materials, like virgin AirLOFT fiver.
- Over a dozen color options
- Only two sizes- standard and jumbo, so if your Frenchie is over 25lbs, the next size up is too big.
- Flat in the middle, so not supportive enough for dogs with joint problems.
- Doesn’t look like picture when it arrives, you have to work to get it fluffed just right.
As long as your dog sleeps curled up and doesn’t need a ton of support, the BFBS bed is a cozy choice.
Just remember, it’s not going to look like the picture right out of the box. You’ll have to give it time to fluff up.
- SUPPORTS BETTER SLEEP: The Standard size bed is perfect for small cats, dogs, and other pets up to 25 lbs., our cozy beds treat your furry friend to the best relaxation! The high walls provide warmth and a sense of security that promotes more restful sleep supporting better health and behavior.
- MOVES WITH YOUR PET: From cuddling to sprawling, our luxury dog beds are flexible and pliable enough to accommodate any sleeping position! The high 12” rear bolster wall helps ease joint pain while the 9” front delivers head, neck, and extra orthopedic support.
- DESIGNED FOR CONVENIENCE: Quick and easy to clean pet owners will love that our dog mattresses feature a water-resistant bottom! Not only does this protect floors but because these beds are machine washable and dryer-safe excess hair and odors are a problem of the past.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Rest assured that our puppy beds are made only with skin-friendly and pet-safe materials. Our virgin CoziLOFT fibers keeps its loft for up to 3 times longer than the second-hand fibers found in most other pet beds.
- UNPACKAGING FOR USE: Your beds arrive in vacuum sealed bags for cost saving deliveries. We recommend shaking out the bed and expanding the fibers with your hands. Toss the bed in the dryer for about 5 minutes to fluff out for use.
4. Dog Diggin Designs Cloud 9 Bed Review
Talk about a cute bed, right? This one isn’t just absolutely darling, it’s also comfy!
Features & Pros
- Soft, luxurious high-quality materials
- Removable cover is machine-washable
- Makes a great conversation piece!
- Comes in three different sizes and two styles
- It’s pricey for a dog bed
- Not the most supportive materials (the inside is basically a pillow bed)
If you’re willing to spend a little extra for something cute and don’t need a load of support for your dog, this is definitely an adorable choice.
However, if I’m spending extra money, I’d rather it go towards comfort and durability features versus the “cute factor.”
- 30" long x 18" wide x 6" deep
- Cover unzips for ease of cleaning
- Interior sleeping space measures approx 14" x 12"
5. Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed Lounge Sofa
Friends Forever is a popular recommendation throughout many of our dog bed buying guides.
They’re budget-friendly for an orthopedic bed and have stellar overall ratings.
Features & Pros
- Made with human-grade materials.
- Water-resistant liner keeps accidents from seeping through
- Machine-washable durable cover resists basic wear and tear
- Non-skid bottom keeps it in place
- Neutral colors fit any decor
- Small size fits up to 30 lbs.
- Made in China
- Zipper isn’t as durable as the rest of the bed.
- Memory foam smells bad out of the box, so you have to let it air out.
- Colors are a bit meh
The Friends Forever bed is a good budget-friendly option for aging Frenchies who need more support.
While I wish it came in cuter colors, comfort matters more to me than style, and they’re not exactly ugly (just a little boring).
- ORTHOPEDIC DOG BEDS - Our pet sofa Features orthopedic memory foam with bolster wall design for added security and calming effect and superior support for your pet's neck & head for ultimate comfort
- DURABLE DOG BED - Water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam froviding pressure point relief and ensuring long-lasting durability. The wooden floor non-skid bottom adds an extra layer of safety for your pet, particularly for older pets
- MODERN DESIGN - Modern dog couch with classy design complementing your home decor while providing optimal comfort for your furry companion
- SIZE - Suitable for All Breeds: 20"W x 25"L x 5.5"D; Sleeping surface:16"W x 19"L (Small up to 30lbs). Unbox ideally in a well-ventilated area to air out the product from the "new" smell; it may take up to 48-hours for the bed to fully expand
- EASY CARE - The water resistant liner keeps bed clean and dry. Removable water resistant bed cover is machine washable; and your purchase is covered by a limited 1-Year warranty, we stand by our promise on quality
6. Bowsers Diamond Series Fur Donut Dog Bed
I’m always surprised that I don’t see Bowsers dog beds mentioned more often in “top 10” lists elsewhere, they really make some great premium beds!
While they definitely have some super cute options, my personal favorite for your Frenchie is their diamond series donut bed.
Features & Pros
- Comes in sizes from XS to XXL, so there’s a perfect size for your Frenchie.
- Super soft faux fur envelopes your dog in sheer comfort & luxury.
- Tufted cushion is removable and can be used as a crate mat
- High-quality materials, like Eco-Tex Certified upholstery grade fabrics
- Most of it is machine-washable
- Somewhat pricey for a donut bed
- This model doesn’t really come in as many colors as their others
- The colors that it does come in are blah
- Not waterproof at all
While I wish it was as cute as some of the other Bowser dog beds, if comfort matters more than style, this really is my favorite choice from them.
Just remember, since it’s a donut bed, the center isn’t supportive, so it’s not great for a senior Frenchie.
- Novelty : Faux Fur Grey
- The oval ring creates the feeling of security pets love
- Removable tufted cushion can be used as a crate or travel mat
- Circular tufting creates an elegant upholstered look
- Excellent Fit and Finish
7. Kuranda Elevated Dog Bed
Kuranda makes an appearance on almost every single one of my dog bed buying guides, so you shouldn’t be surprised to see it here!
Let’s find out why it’s great for your Frenchie.
Features & Pros
- Super sturdy and durable build means it’ll last a long time.
- No stuffing, so if your Frenchie is a de-fluffer, you don’t have to worry.
- The material is allergy-friendly, which is super important for sensitive French Bulldogs.
- Virtually indestructible if you buy the all-aluminum heavy-duty vinyl option.
- Even though it has no fluff, it’s still very supportive for older Frenchies.
- Waterproof and easy to clean (just hose it off)
- Can be tricky to assemble
- Some dogs just don’t like cot-like beds
- Legs are not adjustable, so you have to make sure you get one that’s short enough for your Frenchie.
- Only one model is chew-proof
Check out our full Kuranda Dog Bed review for more details.
Typically, I’d tell you to get the all-aluminum heavy-duty vinyl option since it’s virtually indestructible.
With Frenchies, though, you can actually get away with one of the cheaper options, like the PVC frame pictured here.
As long as your dog will use it (mine took some time to warm up to a cot bed), it’s one of the best overall options.
- ORIGINAL CHEWPROOF BED AND STILL THE BEST - Designed in Maryland in 1995. Patent #US5992348. Still the best. Best design. Best materials. Best workmanship. Best customer service.
- BEST DESIGN - Oversize rails (larger than all competitors) protect fabric in frame. Orthopedic design provides long lasting even support to your dog's joints.
- BEST MATERIALS - Aircraft grade aluminum and high strength PVC won't rust. Premium fabric are abrasion resistant, treated against UV and clean easily. Stainless steel fasteners.
- BEST WORKMANSHIP - Kuranda has been manufacturing elevated, orthopedic dog beds in Baltimore, Maryland since 1995.
- BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE - If you have a question about our beds call or email us. The people who make the beds are the ones who answer the phones and return your email.
8. Keet Westerhill Pet Sofa Bed
Here’s one that I don’t get to talk about too often because I’m usually writing about beds for big dogs.
The Keet Westerhill Sofa Bed is super stylish and adorable, but how does it measure up against the others on this list? Let’s find out!
Features & Pros
- It’s handmade with a strong real-wood frame.
- Covered in super soft minky fabric.
- Zippered cover is washable.
- Cushion is stuffed with reclaimed shredded memory foam, giving it an eco-friendly vibe.
- Includes 2 cute matching pillows (only for the medium and large)
- Holds up to 25 lbs
- Really affordable, especially for such a cute handmade bed.
- Frenchies can weigh up to 28lbs, so if your guy is on the bigger side, it’s a no-go.
- Shredded memory foam isn’t as supportive as solid foam
- Only comes in 2 light colors, so not a great option for messy dogs
I’m actually really surprised that this bed is so inexpensive compared to other similar options.
If you want something that looks darling in your home without spending a small fortune on a designer bed, it’s a good pick.
- Hand made out of strong wood frame and upholstered with minky fabric
- Includes a reclaimed shredded memory foam cushion, covered with ultra soft bear skin fabric
- Zippered cushion cover is removable for washing and minky needs to be vacuum often to help maintain the sofa bed appearance
- 2 matching pillows are included
- For Medium pets up to 25 lbs
9. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed
Another bed that frequently shows up on our lists, The Dog’s Bed by The Dog’s Balls (funny name, right) is a fabulous, highly-rated orthopedic option for older Frenchies.
Features & Pros
- Total of 4″ of premium memory foam, including a solid 2” high density orthopedic memory foam & a solid 2” base of support foam
- Designed with older dogs in mind, so it’s soothing for joint conditions.
- Removable cover is machine-washable
- Includes a waterproof mattress protector
- You can actually buy replacement covers! Yay!
- 8 Fun trim colors
- Only the trim offers color options, the bed is always a standard grey or brown.
- Some customers complain that the cover is thin and cheaply made.
- Cover is also a bit slick and squeaky, not as soft as some others.
The Dog’s Bed has tons of glowing reviews, but there are a few concerning ones regarding the cover. It’s not quite as soft as it should be in a premium bed.
However, if you need orthopedic support and waterproof features more than soft fabric, it’s a good choice. Besides, you can always cover it with a cozy blanket.
- Small Grey with Pink Trim (Easy Clean Cover) 28x19x4” waterproof orthopedic dog bed. Solid 2” high density, orthopedic memory foam over a solid 2” base of high stability support foam with covers designed so that your bed fits your home decor seamlessly and your dog can stay close to your family
- A prudent preventative measure for younger dogs of breeds predisposed to joint conditions, ensuring your dog’s joints remain mobile into their senior years, improving their quality of life and keeping your dog healthy and active for longer
- Therapeutic bed designed to provide relief and comfort to tripawds, dogs with joint conditions such as hip and elbow dysplasia, arthritis, patella luxation, osteochondritis and other conditions such as torn cruciate ligaments so they can get the rest they need. Prevents elbow calluses as well as pressure sores due to immobility during illness or post-surgery
- The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic was designed to keep your best friend’s joints young for longer. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic is proven to restore the mobility and vitality of dogs, as well as helping them to sleep more soundly
- Bed comes with removable covers that are easy to wash, quick-drying and include a waterproof mattress protector to catch accidents associated with incontinence
10. PLS Birdsong The Doggy Bed
This super cute PLS Birdsong bed looks like a miniature toddler bed, doesn’t it?
Let’s take a look at the medium option, since that’s the one you’ll want.
Features & Pros
- Measures 28″L x 21″W and holds up to 50lbs
- Three-piece set comes with the bed, pillow and blanket.
- Cover comes off and is machine-washable.
- Cuddly bolster-style gives an added sense of security.
- The inside of the bed is fluffy and warm.
- Exterior is made of durable canvas, with oxford fabric on the bottom, so it’s durable.
- The back is firm, much like a human bed headboard.
- Stuffed with polyfill, so it’s not very supportive.
- Since the back is firm, you can’t really put it in a crate.
- Arrives flat and takes some work to fluff it and make it look like the product picture.
- Not the most durable bed overall, especially if you have a Frenchie that’s a little rougher than average on his beds.
While they do make a smaller bed, it’s really only ideal for toy breeds. The medium is definitely the way to go!
As long as you don’t need something super supportive, this is a fun little option.
It’s fairly budget-friendly for a quality dog bed, and it has terrific reviews.
- The medium size is 28"L x 21"W. These beds are most suitable for pets upto 50 lbs. It is recommended for dog breeds such as Brittany spaniels, border collies, standard schnauzers and English springer spaniels. It is also suitable for most cats.
- Design: A three-piece set; bed, pillow and blanket. All that your dog needs to be warm and cozy.
- Easy-clean: The cover is fully removable and machine-washable. Easy care.
- Comfort: The inside of the bed is very fluffy, warm and comfortable. Your dog's new cozy spot.
- Durable: Exterior cover is made of canvas, bottom is made of oxford fabric and the inside fabric is made of short floss. Durable for multiple washes. Filled with polyfiber fill for superior comfort.
It’s hard to say which of these is my favorite because they’re all so different. Nine times out of ten, though, when Kuranda is on my list, that’s my top choice.
This time is no different IF you have a dog that will use it. If you want something snugglier, though, go with the Best Friends by Sheri.
One last word: I really wanted to find you a cute French Bulldog print dog bed to round out the options, but alas it didn’t happen.
I did find you this darling plush blanket, though! Folded up, it’s thick enough and wide enough to act as a travel bed.
Or you can use it to cover one of the other options. It would go great on a cot or pillow bed!
Tell me below which of these best dog beds for French Bulldogs you’d buy for your Frenchie!
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API