Get ready for some of the best products for outdoor fun with your dog!
We’ve got you covered with everything from essential safety gear to swimming pools to just plain fun toys
All of the best-selling products below will definitely make this a summer to remember.
Let’s check them out!
Best Products for Outdoor Fun with Dogs
Since many of these products (excluding Frisco items) are available on both Amazon and Chewy, we’re including links to both below.
That way, you can choose. The table below highlight our top 6 favorites that are available on both Amazon and Chewy.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1. Chuckit! Ball Launcher
Dogs have much more energy than us, so it’s very handy to have one of these Chuckit! Classic Launcher Dog Toy on hand.
Without a doubt, you will be able to throw the ball much farther, and your pup will keep running until he gets tired (but that may take a while).
It’s a very fun to use dog toy, and you will be more than happy that your hand won’t get tired as easily.
It fits the classic 2.5 inch balls, and thanks to the ergonomic handle, it will be very comfortable for you to throw the ball and then carry the stick around.
Pros & Cons
- Pros– Easy to use, Lightweight, Fun way to exercise your dog
- Cons – It will break after some time, as it’s made out of plastic.
This is a great toy for any dog, but you will need to be careful if pieces of it start breaking and remove it from your dog’s sight.
The Chuckit! Ball Thrower is a very cool accessory to have around when going with your dog to the park.
Thanks to the throwing speed and distance, you can play with two dogs at the same time.
- TENNIS BALL LAUNCHER: Our longest launcher at 26 inches, this dog ball launcher enhances fetch by upgrading throwing speed and distance to challenge dogs to run farther faster. Compatible with ANY Medium size Chuckit! Ball
- PET TOYS: Get ready for bonding fun with your dogs. Check out a variety of our pet toy products such as frisbees, perches mirrors for birds, prey wand toys for cats, plush toys, light-up interactive toys more
- CHUCKIT FETCH TOY: Chuckit creates toys that enrich the human-animal bond bright colors help dogs puppies stay engaged. Checkout Chuckit for ball launchers, bouncy balls, frisbees, indoor dog toys, glow toys, and so much more
- JUST FOR PETS: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens, and other small furry friends. Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm Hammer, Booda, Chuckit, Jackson Galaxy, JW Pet, and more
2. Frisco Dog Life Jacket
Contrary to popular belief, not all dogs can swim well.
So, it’s very important to have a life jacket for them in hand in case we get near the sea.
The Frisco Dog Life Jacket is an excellent choice! Read on to learn more about the Chewy-exclusive brand.
This life jacket will make sure your dog’s head is always above the water, thanks to the side foam panels, without stopping him from moving freely.
When he’s not swimming, the life jacket has a D ring on its back so your pup is always safe.
In order to assure a perfect fit, it also has three adjustable straps, and also reflective straps so you can easily spot your pup whether he is swimming or not.
Pros & Cons
- Pros: Adjustable, Lightweight, Leash ring, Reflective straps, Rescue handle
- Cons: You need to make sure the size is a perfect fit for your dog’s weight
It’s an amazing product to have for your dog, as you can also attach a leash to it.
However, you need to make sure it really fits your dog to avoid any accidents.
This is an overall amazing accessory, and if you’re planning a day at the beach, then you should have it on hand. Without a doubt, your dog will appreciate you caring for him like this!
3. KOPEKS Portable Swimming Pool
In the very hot days, your dog will really appreciate having a very cool spot to chill himself in, and the KOPEKS Outdoor Portable Dog Swimming Pool is everything you need!
It’s the ideal product, and you can use it for bathing your dog or simply giving him a fun and cool place in the hot summer months.
The best part is that you don’t have to inflate it. Simply set it up and start filling it with water.
It comes in three sizes, to meet all your needs, and you can take it with you anywhere.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – Portable, Easy to set up, Different sizes available
- Cons – It can easily break if not stored properly
It’s a very good product and the fact that it’s portable is very important.
However, you should make sure that you properly store it, as it can easily break.
The KOPEKS portable pool is a very good product, and your dog will have a lot of fun with it.
Make sure you always keep an eye on your dog while playing in there, as an accident can happen at any time.
- With a KOPEKS pet Pool, bathing your pooch has never been easier!
- KOPEKS pet Pool Dimensions: x Large – 63” Diameter and 12” Deep+R8: AD8
- Easy to use: no need to inflate! Pet Pool sets up in no time! Just fill with water and enjoy. Stress free DRAINING – easy twist off cap drains Pool in no time
- Heavy-duty, durable material: high-grade, industrial strength PVC
- Portable: easily folds. Perfect to take anywhere!
4. Spunky Pup Tennis Ball
Do you know what’s better than a tennis ball? Well, three squeaky tennis balls, of course!
These Spunky Pup Tennis Balls are sure to make your dog the happiest, and you can take them with you anywhere you go.
Being one of the safest squeaky toys available on the market.
It’s non-pressurized, so there’s no risk involved for your dog, while the non-abrasive coat will keep your pup’s teeth healthy.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – Non-pressurized, non-abrasive, different sizes available.
- Cons – A little bigger than the classic tennis balls.
Even though you won’t be able to use these balls with a regular ball launcher, your dog is going to have a lot of fun with them!
What you need to be careful of is for the balls not to break. Your dog may swallow the squeaker if it gets to that.
- Features patented double anchored squeaker that ensures squeaker will not collapse inside ball like other tennis balls with squeakers.
- non pressurized Dog-safe balls with no gas fill
- Non-abrasive surface is safe on dogs' teeth
- Sized for small dogs
5. Frisco Outdoor Swimming Pool
This Frisco Outdoor Dog Swimming Pool is a great alternative to the KOPEKS one above.
Being a very easy-to-use swimming pool, it’s guaranteed to assure the fun in the summer days.
It’s foldable, and you don’t need to inflate it before you start filling it with water.
On top of everything, the materials are quite durable, so you can probably use it for a longer time.
Pros & Cons
- Pros: Portable, Foldable, No inflating required.
- Cons: Not scratch proof.
This pool is the best thing to get in the summer, as it’s very easy to store and fill.
However, make sure your dog doesn’t try to scratch or chew through it, as it can break.
This is an overall great product, and your dog will really enjoy it in the hot months.
Make sure to keep an eye on him while he’s playing in it though.
6. Nerf Dog Tennis Ball Blaster
Were you looking for the coolest toy you can get for your pup? Well, here it is. This Nerf Dog Ball Blaster is everything you need for a very fun time.
Being one of the best out there, this Nerf gun will shoot the balls up to 50 feet in the air, so your dog will definitely get tired before you do.
On top of this, the safety mechanism is everything you need so your kids can safely test it out too.
You can use classic tennis balls for it, and thanks to its mechanism you don’t even have to pick the balls up yourself!
Pros & Cons
- Pros – No need to touch the ball to pick it up, Safety mechanism, High power.
- Cons – If you shoot too close, your dog can get injured.
Even though this is a very fun toy with a lot of power, you need to make sure no one actually shoots directly at the dog.
It’s important to be very careful when playing with this toy, and always supervise your kids if they want to give it a try too!
- NERF-TOUGH: Nerf-quality materials make our Compact Tennis Ball Blaster perfect for fetch and for teaching your dog new tricks
- EASY OPERATION: Operating the blaster is as easy as pulling back on the handle, loading the ball, and taking your shot
- GOES THE DISTANCE: Skyrocket tennis balls up to 50 feet! With adjustable power, you can easily change the distance of your shots and adapt to any environment, whether it is a big park or a small garden
- FOR SMALL, MEDIUM AND LARGE BREEDS: Smaller diameter ball is great for dogs of all sizes
- SAFETY FIRST: Designed with your dog's safety in mind, each of our dog toys are tested to ensure endless hours of family fun
7. Hyper Pet Flying Series Dog Toy
If you’re looking for a toy your dog will be absolutely crazy about, then the Hyper Pet Flying Series Dog Toy may just be it.
After all, what pup doesn’t want to go duck hunting?
This slingshot toy can be launched at up to 100 feet, and it’s a great outdoor toy for any dog.
It’s available in many different designs, and the fact that it floats makes it perfect for a day at the beach!
Pros & Cons
- Pros – Floating, Flies to up to 100 feet, many designs available
- Cons – If you’re not careful, you can injure yourself with it.
This is a great toy for outdoor fun with your dog, especially if he’s one who tirelessly runs around all the time.
However, you need to make sure that you don’t accidentally launch it in yourself or your dog.
This is a great toy overall, and your dog will definitely love it.
You need to make sure though that you and your kids don’t get hurt in the process.
- SLINGSHOT DOG TOY: Thumb released, high flying, bungee style slingshot dog toy that launches up to 10 feet.
- FLOATS: Floats in the water, so it's great for the beach, lake, or pool.
- INTERACTIVE PLAY: Intended for interactive and fetch play, not a chew toy.
- MATERIAL: Made of lightweight, durable ballistic material. Brightly colored so you can maintain visibility.
- AVAILABLE IN SEVERAL DESIGNS: Available in four fun animal designs, colors and sizes so you can choose the one that’s best for your pet.
8. Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
What’s better than being able to relax in the shade, next to a bowl of cold water?
Well, not a lot of things, and the Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed makes everything perfect.
After a long day of fun, your dog will be more than happy to rest in this bed.
He won’t sleep directly on the ground, but instead, he will get very comfortable on this tight, breathable fabric.
You can use it indoors or outdoors, depending on where you decide to spend your day.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – Durable, Breathable fabric, Resistant steel frame
- Cons – if the ground is soft, the bed may start sinking in it.
This is a great accessory to have for your dog that it’s sure to last for a while.
Make sure the surface you put it on is hard, so it doesn’t sink.
This dog bed is everything your pup needs this summer.
Make sure you install it in a shady spot so your dog doesn’t spend too much time in the sun.
Take a look at this Frisco dog bed review for more details and close-up photos.
9. Coolaroo Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
With the Coolaroo Elevated Dog Bed, your dog will get to enjoy the summer days, while still being able to cool off a little.
Install it next to the pool, and have a great family time!
Even though it’s a very durable dog bed, it’s still very lightweight and easy to set up.
You can take it with you anywhere and have a good place for your dog to sleep in.
It’s resistant to flea and molds, so you can use it for quite a long time.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – Resistant to fleas and molds, durable, lightweight
- Cons – The bed may sink in the soft grounds.
This is a great bed, and you will be able to use it for the years to come. Make sure you don’t place it on soft surfaces.
This dog bed is great overall, and your dog will definitely enjoy sleeping in it.
Make sure you don’t place it in the sun though, as dogs can get heatstroke pretty fast.
Check out our full reviews of the best elevated dog beds for more details.
- Fabric is made out of a heavy duty breathable high density polyethylene (HDPE) fabric that promotes and increases air flow on all sides of the bed, keeping your pet cool and comfortable
- Off-the-ground design helps to eliminate hot spots and fabric flexibility creates low-impact areas to relieve joint pressure points
- Featuring our durable HDPE fabric and powder-coated steel frame this pet bed is suitable for pets of all sizes, breeds and weights
- Portable lightweight design and weather resistant capabilities make it ideal for the home and travel and is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Easy to clean, simply wash with water or damp towel - use mild cleanser for deep cleaning
- Fabric is 100% Recyclable GREENGUARD certified fabric; free of harmful lead and phthalate chemicals
10. Suncast Dog House
For a pup who likes to spend his time outside, the Suncast DH350 Deluxe Dog House is a great option.
Install it in the best spot you can find, and have him explore as much as possible.
Being a fairly big dog house, it’s proper for any dog weighing up to 100 pounds.
Thanks to the vents, your dog will have a lot of clean air inside, and you can assemble and clean it in no time.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – easy to assemble, durable, ventilated
- Cons – will overheat if placed in the sun.
Even though this dog house has a great ventilation system, there’s still the danger of overheating if you place it in the sun.
This dog house is the perfect fit for any dog who likes to spend a lot of time outside.
Make sure you provide him with plenty of cold water in the hot summer days, and don’t let him there if the temperatures are extreme.
- OUTDOOR DOG HOUSE: Attractive dog house for pets up to 70 pounds is perfect for your backyard, patio and deck
- DURABLE: Constructed from heavy-duty resin with a crowned floor to keep your pet safe from all weather elements
- CONVENIENT: Dog house snaps together with ease, so your pet can enjoy their new home right away
- BUILT TO LAST: The contemporary house design matches most outdoor décor, and it resists fading and washes easily for years of quality use
- DOOR INCLUDED: Vinyl door (measures 11.75" x 20.5") provides additional security and insulation for your pet without obstructing entry or exit
Even though we absolutely love everything, it would be amazing if you chose two or three products for your dog this summer.
Personally, we’d go with one of the pools and one of the elevated beds.
Your turn! Which of these best products for outdoor fun with your dog would you choose? Share below!
Last update on 2022-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API