If you’re on the hunt for the best dog bones for sensitive stomachs, I’ve got you covered!
Even pups with sensitive stomachs like to chew, after all!
How can you satisfy their natural instinct to chew without aggravating their tummy issues?
Let’s look at how to choose the best sensitive stomach bones, then we’ll go over a few specific ideas that we recommend!
How to Choose the Best Dog Bones for Sensitive Stomachs
Before you even think about buying dog bones for pups with tummy issues, give your vet a call and ask about off-limits ingredients or other limitations on what you can buy.
Some dogs with allergies are on very specific diets and even something as simple as a single-ingredient dog bone can wreak havoc with their digestive system.
If your vet says “no” to edible bones, don’t despair. There are plenty of great options out there for chewing without upsetting the sensitive stomachs!
For example, non-digestible chew toys (we’ll check out a few below) give your pup the same satisfaction of gnawing on a bone without all the stomach upset.
Your dog may love chewing on some of these options just as much as digestible bones.
If your vet okays edible bones and chews, you’ll want to stick to very simple & natural ingredients.
Less is definitely more when it comes to dog chews (and anything your dog eats, really). You should be careful to avoid any known allergens your pet may have.
Now that we’ve talked about how to pick the best dog bones for sensitive stomachs, let’s look at a few of my top picks!
You may also love: The Best Dog Bones For Your Puppy’s Teeth
Best Dog Bones for Sensitive Stomachs
Below, you’ll find a great mix of digestible and non-digestible (toy-like) bones and chews for your pup with a sensitive tummy.
I’ve broken it into two sections: those found on Amazon and those found on Chewy.
I did it this way because a lot of people shop on both sites (I know I do!) and it’s easier to know what you can get where.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Best Dog Bones for Sensitive Stomachs on Amazon
If you’re looking for the best sensitive stomach bones & chew toys on Amazon, this is where you want to start.
Use the table below for a quick peek, then read on for a few more details about each one.
1. Benebone Bacon Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy
The Benebone has a unique wishbone shape that makes it easier for dogs to hold onto (since, as they say, dogs don’t have thumbs!).
While it’s more of a toy-type chew than an edible one, they actually use real food ingredients to create the bacon flavoring.
Plus, everything in the toy is sourced from and made in the USA. Benebone also donates products to dogs in need.
- DURABLE, LONG-LASTING – Super chewer? Bring it on. Benebones are tougher than real bones and last for weeks.
- REAL BACON! – We use only 100% REAL BACON for flavor. Trust us, dogs can tell the difference.
- EASY TO PICK UP AND CHEW – The Wishbone is curved for a paw-friendly grip so your pup can quickly grab it and get a good chew going. Think about it: dogs don’t have thumbs.
- USA MADE – We make and source everything in the USA. Chew toys from China? No thanks.
- HAPPINESS, GUARANTEED – Have an issue? Want to chat? Reach out to us directly and you’ll get a real person whose sole job is to make you and your pup happy.
2. Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Ring
We’ve had a lot of Nylabone non-edible chews over the years.
Freya loves the texture of their material, while I like that it doesn’t crumble the way some rubber toys can.
This particular chewing ring has a great texture that puppies love, making it an ideal choice for the teething months.
- TEXTURED RING SHAPE – Unique shape with enticing textures is easy to hold and satisfies dogs' natural urge to chew
- MADE OF DURABLE NYLON – Long lasting dog chew toy challenges even the most aggressive chewers and discourages destructive chewing
- MADE IN THE USA – Dog chew toy is proudly made in the United States
- PROMOTES DOG DENTAL HEALTH – Ridges and nubs help prevent plaque and tartar buildup as dogs chew
- FOR EXTRA-LARGE DOGS – Size Souper chew toy created for dogs 50+ pounds
- IRRESISTIBLE FLAVOR MEDLEY – Flavored dog chew toy combines all of your dog's favorite tastes in one
3. Better Belly Rawhides for Dogs
As far as edible dog bones for sensitive stomachs go, you really can’t get much better than a product designed specifically for uneasy tummies!
Better Belly Rawhide is highly digestible and made with all-natural flavors. It’s also gluten-free and contains no fillers.
Like I said, when you’re buying bones for sensitive tummies, less is definitely more!
- Gluten Free
- No Fillers, Binders Or Artificial Colors
- Chicken Liver Flavor
- Highly Digestible Rawhide
4. Himalayan Gold Yak Dog Chews
Yak chews sound like an odd choice for dog bones, but they really make a great alternative to traditional rawhide.
If your pooch is allergic to most meat-based chews, you definitely want to give Yak cheese a try!
Don’t be fooled by the fact that it’s made of cheese, these chews last a very long time.
- ✓PERFECT TO KEEP YOUR DOG BUSY AND ENJOYING - These chew sticks are healthy, delicious premium organic chews that keeps your dog busy enjoying the sticks. They are made out of totally natural material hence they are easily digestible. They are best alternative to any other similar pet chews....And a GREAT value! The more you purchase, the more you save! Subscribe and Save to get an even better value!!
- ✓NATURAL INGREDIENTS –The chew sticks' source is Nepal; they are made in and imported directly from Nepal. The chew sticks are made from 100% from Yak milk with no artificial ingredients and chemicals, as well as they do not contain any preservatives. The sticks are absolutely free from gluten and lactose making them very gentle on sensitive stomachs.
- ✓EXCLUSIVE CHEWS FROM ANCIENT RECIPE - These are ‘A’ grade Yak chews sourced from the Himalayas that sink into dogs teeth. This is ancient tried and tested recipe from the mountains of Nepal. These are totally natural and very nutritious dog chews made from yak's and cow's milk. Milk is processed to remove Lactose and make the chews easily digestible and very gentle for sensitive stomachs.
- ✓STICK SIZE THAT KEEPS DOG BUSY – The sticks come in a bag that contains huge pieces of 6-8 inches in length and 1-2 inches in width which is sufficient to keep the dogs busy for hours enjoying the treat.
- ✓YOUR PIECE OF MIND – This is highly nutritious product for the dogs that can provide many hours of chew time for your dog. Since the sticks are odorless you are not getting disturbed while the dog is busy chewing the sticks. Since the chews are made out of natural ingredients they are absolutely safe to be used both indoors and out.
5. Premium Grade A Antler Dog Chew
Remember the “less is more” tip? Well, these antler dog chews have just one ingredient. If I have to tell you what it is, you’re not paying attention!
Okay, fine, in case you’re confused, it’s antlers. That’s it.
They’re naturally shed, so don’t think that you’re contributing to the death or confinement of Elks when you buy them.
- Grade A Premium Elk Antlers for Dogs Large and Extra Large (7-14 inches long). Great for antler chew for large dogs and heavier chewers. Note: Prices May Increase or Decrease From Time to Time Because of Fluctuations in the Weight of the Elk Antlers. We are committed to not increasing the price per pound of our antlers.
- The Largest Extra Large Elk Antlers for Dogs on Amazon! Elk Antlers last much longer than chew products such as Himalayan Dog Chews, Bully Sticks, Rawhides, Pigs Ears, etc. Our Antlers are larger and heavier than our competitors in the same size categories. Have questions about the proper size for your dog? Feel free to contact us.
- Great For Indoors - No Sticky, Stinky, Greasy Mess On Your Floor or Hands. The Perfect Chewing Distraction for your dog or puppy to explore his/her natural instinct. Always supervise your dog or puppy while they are chewing on any chew item.
- Fantastic Source of Natural Calcium, Phosphorous, Manganese and Zinc - Great for Tartar Control.
- Naturally Shed and Picked Off Of The Forest Floor Made Here in the USA Just as Nature Intended. No Harm comes to the Elk. No Elk Farms. No Preservatives. No Antibiotics, Growth Hormones or Additives are added to our Antlers. Each Antler is Hand-Picked and Hand-Sorted Specifically for Jim Hodges Dog Training.
Best Sensitive Stomach Dog Bones on Chewy
For my fellow Chewy shoppers (gotta love that free shipping and grade-A customer service!), check out these fabulous tummy-friendly options!
6. KONG Goodie Bone Dog Toy
We all know KONG as the original “fill a toy with treats” brand, but did you know that they have a fairly huge line of chew toys in all shapes and sizes?
While you can add some peanut butter or other “squishy” treat sprays to this particular bone, your dog will be just as happy gnashing away with it.
It comes in three sizes, so make sure you pick the right one for your pooch.
7. Nylabone Healthy Edibles Wild Bison Flavored Dog Treats
While Chewy has a large selection of Nylabones, my top pick is their new(ish) line of edible chews.
They last a long time like non-edible Nylabones yet have all the digestibility you expect from an edible treat.
Plus, bison is the only meat-based ingredient in the chews, so dogs with chicken or beef allergies may be able to handle them better.
Note the word “may,” as it’s still a good idea to talk to your vet first to make sure bison is on the approved list.
8. The Honest Kitchen Beams Ocean Chews Wolfish Skins Dehydrated Dog Treats
Cod fish skins don’t sound like they’d last a long time or make a good “bone,” but they’re surprisingly durable!
Plus, many dogs with sensitive stomachs can handle fish better than just about any other meat.
This particular brand (we’ll discuss another below) is super budget-friendly, so it’s a good option to try if you’re not sure your dog will like it.
9. Himalayan Dog Chew Mixed Dog Treats
We talked about the benefits of Yak treats above but I wanted to give you my top option from Chewy, too.
These Yak chews are super highly rated (4.5 stars across over 1,000 reviews) and great for dogs up to 65 lbs.
The only thing I don’t like: they’re made from both yak and cow milk rather than 100% yak milk.
Still, dogs love them and as long as your pooch doesn’t have a dairy allergy, they’re worth trying!
10. Icelandic+ Cod Skin Strips Dog Treats
Last but not least, we have one of my favorite brands of dog treats, Icelandic+.
These single-ingredient cod skin strips are a lot pricier than those above, but if your budget allows they are totally worth the price.
Iceland has incredibly strict standards for everything from human to pet food, so I’m super comfortable buying products made there.
My dog tried out a few of their products and she really loved the Icelandic+ fish skins so much that we’ve splurged on the a few times since then.
Check out our full Icelandic+ dog treats review to learn more.
Hopefully, you’ve been able to find a variety of products that work well for your pup and their sensitive stomach.
No one likes to see their best friend be uncomfortable or bored!
Now you can keep your pet entertained and happy without worrying about their stomach being upset!
What are your picks for the best dog bones for sensitive stomachs? Tell us below!
Last update on 2020-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API