Looking for food storage that’s as classy as it is practical?
We really love these 5 metal dog food containers!
The sturdy construction of this material keeps out sunlight, oxygen, and moisture.
All of these elements are responsible for leaching important vitamins and minerals out of each and every morsel.
Here are the best food containers for dogs in metal.
Best Metal Dog Food Containers to Try
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase.
1.Simplehuman Large Pet Food Storage Can, Brushed Stainless Steel: Best food container for dogs
This food container for dogss, manufactured by simplehuman is really the cream of the crop of large metal dog food storage containers.
Yes, it costs more than many other metal dog food containers. However, it’s well worth your investment.
The simplehuman comes in three convenient sizes, including 25-liter, 30-liter, and 40-liter. For those of you who, like me, need that converted into pounds, customers say that the 40-liter can hold up to 35-39 pounds of food out of the bag.
This metal dog food container stands at about 22” high, so keep that in mind if you plan to store it under a counter or table.
Other features include: an airtight seal, a locking handle that clamps shut to prevent spills, a removable inner bucket for much easier cleaning, a magnetic scoop that attaches to the lid and built-in wheels.
Related –> Wooden Dog Food Storage Containers
- AIRTIGHT SEAL - When you clamp the lid shut, a silicone gasket ensures an airtight seal so dog and pet food stays fresh.
- MAGNETIC LID-MOUNTED SCOOP - he lid-mounted measuring scoop magnetically attaches under the lid, so there's no fumbling around at feeding time.
- FITS BULK ITEMS - Convenient storage for dog or pet food or other bulk items like flour, rice, sugar or charcoal.
- LOCK-TIGHT HANDLE - The large, ergonomic handle clamps the lid closed with one smooth motion and locks it shut to prevent pets from opening the lid.
- SLIM, SPACE-SAVING SHAPE - Designed to make the most of tight spaces.
- FOOD-SAFE BUCKET - Removable, BPA-free inner bucket.
- FINGERPRINT-PROOF - Fingerprint-proof finish resists smudges to keep stainless steel shiny.
- CAPACITY - Fits approximately 27 lbs (12.3 kg) of dry pet food.
- BUILT-IN WHEELS - Built-in rear wheels make the can easy to move.
2. Amica Pet, Buster All Natural Dog Food Storage Bin
If you’re looking for cute yet functional decorative dog food storage containers, this one gets my pick. The simplistic black and white design is perfect for both classic and modern décor styles.
The downside? This particular metal dog food storage container only holds up to 17 pounds of food. If you have a huge dog, it may be more ideal for holding treats.
On the other hand, if you have a toy breed- or buy smaller bags- it’s perfect. The bin measures 10.5″ L x 10.5″ W x 14″ H.
The classic round body and lid make it a great fit just about anywhere in your home. You will need to hand wash it, but that’s true for just about any metal container. They’re not really dishwasher safe. Then again, my dishwasher wouldn’t even hold the lid of the size that I’d need!
Amici does make different styles in larger sizes, so check out their full line of metal storage containers.
3. Behrens 6110 10-Gallon Locking Lid Can
If you have a problem with mice getting into your dog food, the Behrens storage container solves the issue.
As the name implies, this particular metal dog food storage container holds up to 10 gallons. FYI, that’s about 35 lbs of food, give or take! I know, it looks a lot smaller in the picture, right?
Got a huge breed? You can also get this one in a 20-gallon size, which holds up to 75 pounds. I have two large-breed dogs and I don’t even go through that much food in a month!
The Behrens may not be the most decorative container, but it’s one of the best-rated for a good reason. It’s made of high-grade galvanized steel that keeps your dog’s food almost as secure as the gold in Fort Knox!
A locking lid means no inconvenient spills if the can accidentally tips over. The bottom is offset, which keeps the base off the ground and there’s no need to worry about odors being absorbed into the food.
- Ideal for pet food, bird seed and grass seed
- Rust/Fire/Heat Resistant
- Will not crack or fade like plastic
- Dry storage only. Individual Can:16(D)x16.00(W)x15.00(H) Inches
- Made in USA
- Includes cover
4. Little Giant Galvanized Steel Chow Hound Dog Feeder
If there is such a thing as perfect large metal dog food storage containers, the Chow Hound by Pet Lodge might be it. This 25-pound feeder, which comes fully assembled, is suitable to hang on the wall or place wherever it’s most convenient.
Like the Behrens, the Chow Hound is made of galvanized steel, so it’s super durable.
It features an angled chute, specific to the brand, that helps to ensure that food flows out without getting jammed. The door is equipped with a magnetic closure, to keep your dog food safe, fresh and dry.
Since this is a feeder versus just a plain dog food storage container, you can put it closer to the ground to allow your dogs to get their own food.
I don’t actually recommend that, since dogs can be prone to overeating. If you have a grazer, then it might be okay, but if your dog is one to eat and eat, I suggest mounting it higher up and controlling the food flow yourself.
- Quality and performance driven products for your pet
- Tested for safety and health
- Provide a better quality of living for your pet with Thompson’s Vet Supplies
5. Paw Prints 15 Pound Tin Pet Food Container
One of the most decorative dog food storage containers the adorable Paw Prints 15-pound tin container is also a great dog food travel container!
While the description states that it holds 15 pounds of food, many customers report that it does hold a little less. Closer to 12 pounds.
If you have a small-breed dog, though, that’s plenty of room. It’s also just big enough for taking your large-breed dog food on the road with you.
At 10.38 x 11.75 x 10.38 inches, it’s small enough to grab by the included handles and pack into your trunk for a road trip.
The durable tin construction with the tight lid keeps your dog’s food fresh and free of pests. The BPA-free material is also easy to clean.
- Holds up to 15 pounds of pet food, litter, seed or bedding material
- Tight-fitting lid
- Metal side handles
- Tin construction
- Durable and easy to clean
- BPA free
- Coordinating products sold separately
- Measures 12”H x 10.25” W x 10.25” L
While I wouldn’t personally use this as an everyday metal dog food storage container (I have large dogs, as I mentioned above), I can see grabbing one to take along on trips! It’s also a super cute container for storing treats.
It just makes sense to store Fido’s food in a metal container. And, with so many models to choose from, it’s fairly easy to find one that matches your size needs and the overall feel of your room.
Say goodbye to ugly dog food bags forever. Why not shop for a container upgrade today?
Do you have any favorite metal dog food storage containers that you would recommend? Share in the comments!
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API