There are five essential small dog toys that no miniature canine can live without!
If your little pooch doesn’t have the toys on this list then you must order them today.
Give them a reason to love the mailman!
Although, there are variations within each of the different types of must-have toys these are the ones our furry friends have found to be amongst the best.
5 Small Dog Toys Your Dog Can’t Live Without
Affiliate links included below. We will get a commission if your purchase.
1- Kongs Sports Ball
Even small dogs love a ball to play fetch!
- However, the typical tennis ball can pose a problem for many as it is too big for them to really grab.
- An appropriate size ball is just what a small dog needs for hours of catch, and some energy burning fun.
- The KONG Sports Balls – Small 3-Pack balls are the perfect size for any variety of smaller bread dogs.
2- Indoor Teether Tug
View this post on Instagram
There can be so many reasons that outdoor play is not ideal. Whatever the reason may be, we've got you covered! Our Indoor Tether Tug Dog Toy is perfectly designed for your BFF (weighing less than 30 pounds) to pull, bite, chew, and twirl with inside the comforts of your home. Give them highly interactive play without going anywhere. . . #pets #petsofinstagram #dog #doglovers #doggy #dogsofinsta #mydog #puppy #puppylove #puppiesofinstagram #dogtoys #tugtoys #dogfriends #bestdogtoy
Dogs are especially happy when you get down and play with them and one of their favorite games is tug-of-war.
Tug-of-war is not only fun, it also gives you a chance to work on important commands, such as, “drop it” or “release.”
The Indoor Tether Tug is the perfect option to let your small dogs get out their energy!
Watch the video below.
3- PetSafe Busy Buddy Calming Toys
Of course, there are times when pet parents simply can’t join in on the fun.
No dog should have to live without a treat dispensing toy, such as the PetSafe Busy Buddy Calming Toy.
- This particular one is just perfect for your smaller fur child; it is easy to fill with savory treats that will keep your dog distracted and content under any circumstances.
- The PetSafe Busy Buddy Calming Toys are only available in the small and medium sizes.
- It has a soothing scent: Durable rubber is scented with Chamomile to entice and calm your dog
My dog played fetch with it, ate treats and peanut butter out of it. He carries it from room to room even when there are no treats inside.
A new favorite for my old gal is the Petstages Puppy Cuddle Pal.
I wouldn’t dream of making any small dog live without one! The fun colored cuddle pad can be microwaved and will warm, and sooth, any shivering small dog.
5- JUNIOR Squeaking Hedgehog:
Last, but most certainly not least, is the toy none of my dogs have been able to live without, the squeaky plush hedgehog.
- The Squeaking Hedgehog is my top choice because this particular hedgehog is made of recycled materials(and is also a great bargain).
- This is my dog Sydney’s favorite toy. He never loses it and totes it everywhere; car rides, walks and even all over our large yard. I asked my son why his dog can keep better track of his toys then he.
- His response: “Because he can sniff it out, Mom”
Which of these 5 small dog toys do you think your dog would love?
Last update on 2023-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API