Interested in seeing your work appear on Dogvills? Please check out our guidelines below.
Please note that we only run guest posts for free if they are very well-written, fit into our site’s overall theme, AND do not link back to commercial sites such as stores or businesses. If you would like a commercial link, let us know and we can discuss our sponsored post options.
Content & Quick Navigation
Types of Posts We Do Not Accept
- Hate speech or any other type of offensive content.
- Negative content about specific breeds.
- Outdated information (For example, dogs are NOT “pack animals” according to significant recent research, so we will not publish content telling readers how to “be the alpha”).
- Content containing advice that could cause harm to dogs or dog owners, or anything that promotes illegal or unethical activities, including content that promotes dog fighting, puppy mills, and so on. We do, however, welcome content that talks about rescuing dogs from these places/activities.
- Topics that we’ve already covered. Please search our blog before pitching a topic.
- Content that is overly promotional. If you would like to promote your product or business, please reach out for paid advertising opportunities.
Exclusivity and unique content:
Pawsitivity Pets only publishes unique content. By submitting a post for publication, you are granting Pawsitivity Pets owns all publishing rights to the content once it goes live, we encourage you to share your article on your social media channels and add it as a bookmark to any bookmarking sites that you use (Pocket, Flipboard, etc).
However, you cannot republish the article on any other website or blogging platform.
If we reject your post for any reason, you are, of course, free to use it elsewhere.
Important: We receive dozens of requests each day. Please give us 10-14 days to reply to your request before assuming we’ve rejected your content. If you decide to publish elsewhere within that timeframe, please let us know so that we can remove your request. Otherwise, we will assume that you are still interested in granting us exclusivity to your content.
Length and formatting:
All guest posts must be at least 1,000 words long. Publishing priority will be given to those who write longer in-depth posts that really cover all aspects of a topic. We do not have a maximum word count.
All posts MUST be properly formatted with H2 and H3 headers that logically break up the content. Include the keywords that you are targeting and 2-3 title options.
The article should have AT LEAST two links to an internal page on our site, and it must make sense for the content.
Posts should also include Frequently Asked Questions around your topic with 5-7 of the most searched or “people also ask” questions along with short one-paragraph answers. Please put these in a separate FAQs section, as we will use FAQ schema in RankMath or Yoast to format them. The FAQs cannot include outbound links. However, it is acceptable to place the required internal link within this section.
If you are making any claims, adding quotes, or including statistics, you MUST provide us with the reference that backs up your content, and it must be as close to the original source as possible.
- Example: A recent study found that owning dogs can improve brain health
- Acceptable reference: journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0274833)
- Unacceptable reference: yahoo.com/lifestyle/study-says-owning-dogs-improve-094042436.html or other secondary sources.
ALL medical claims MUST be backed up by legit and authoritative references.
- Example: Dog Ear Infections
- Acceptable reference: petmd.com/dog/conditions/how-treat-and-prevent-dog-ear-infections
- Unacceptable reference: xyzpqdogsarecool.com/ear-infections-are-really-bad (side note, this isn’t even a real site)
We highly encourage you to provide quotes from experts. If you do so, please include a reference link showing the quote in its context for fact-checking purposes.
Images & Video guidelines:
We do not require images. However, if you’d like to provide them, they must be your original pictures. We do not accept images from paid stock photo sites as we have no way of ensuring that the license is valid. Those who provide share-worthy original images for Instagram and Pinterest will be given priority publishing.
Videos are not required. However, publishing preference is also given to guest posters that include a video made specifically for the post. We accept videos designed for use on YouTube, Facebook Reels, and/or Instagram Stories.
You may include a bio with a link back to your website, but it’s not mandatory. Again, this link CANNOT be to a casino or adult content site.
Our editors have the final say on all content decisions
We reserve the right to:
- Edit all posts for flow and mild grammar issues (we reject content with significant technical issues, but we will fix minor typos).
- Edit your content both prior to publishing and in the future for SEO purposes and/or fact-checking purposes.
- Delete outdated information in the future.
- Format the post to match our style, including adding images, CTAs, headers, and internal links.
- Remove any links other than the ones we’ve discussed and vetted prior to accepting your guest post.
- Add affiliate links.
- Remove the post from our blog, especially if we find the content published elsewhere or if the information becomes significantly outdated.