Sometimes, just looking at cute and funny dog pictures or reading some inspirational short quotes about dogs can totally turn a bad day around.
If you’re looking for the latter, we’ve got you covered with this list of 35 beautiful dog quotes.
They’re not only great for a quick mood lift, but also for adding to Mother’s Day mugs, cards, and more!
Let’s check them out!
35 Inspiring and Beautiful Short Quotes About Dogs
A dog is a man’s best friend, so dogs are the central figure of many books, movies or any other artistic expressions.
The obsession with dogs gave the world many, many, many quotes about dogs.
As far as we are concerned, any positive dog quote is a result of love for a dog and therefore it is worth reading.
However, the quote doesn’t have to be too long in order to get through to your heart.
If you need an idea for a quotation on a mug or a shirt, or simply just to learn a bit more about dogs, here is an interesting list of short quotes that we have assembled for you.
➔➔ Want more Dog Quotes? Sign up for our weekly newsletter & Never miss A Quote!
Short yet inspirational dog quotes
- “Everything I know I learned from dogs.”- Nora Roberts
- “Dogs lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- “Dogs never bite me. Just Humans”- Marilyn Monroe
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.”- Charles Shultz
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”- Josh Billings
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”- Roger Caras
- “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”- Charles de Gaulle
- “A dog can’t think that much about what he’s doing, he just does what feels right.”- Barbara Kingsolver
- “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”-Dean Koontz
- “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.”-Christopher Morley
Related ➔➔ 20 Inspirational Pet Loss Quotes
- “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.”-Will Rogers
- “Dogs got the personality. Personality goes a long way.”- Quentin Tarantino
- “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.”-Andy Rooney
- “Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”-Corey Ford
- “Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.”- Emily Dickinson
- “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.”- Ben Williams
- “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.”- Louis Sabin
- “A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart”- Judy Desmond
- “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.”- Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- “The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother – and they’ll settle for a puppy every time.”- Winston Pendleton
View this post on Instagram
#dogsofinstagram #dogs #puppies #puppy #puppylove #labrador #doberman #labdoberman #blacklab #cutestdogs #sleepypuppy #doberdor #puppiesofinstagram #blackdog #dogsofinsta #ilovemydog #talesofalab #waterdog #dogquotes #puppyquotes #dogvideos #puppyvideos #puppiesofinstagram #talesofalab
- “I love a dog. He does nothing for political reasons.”- Will Rogers
- “Dogs lead a nice life. You never see a dog with a wristwatch.”- George Carlin
- “Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.”- Franklin P. Jones
- “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.”- Kinky Friedman
- “In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag.”- W.H. Auden
- “Acquiring a dog may be the only time a person gets to choose a relative.”- Mordecai Siegal
- “If I could be half the person my dog is, I’d be twice the human I am.”- Charles Yu
- “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”- Mark Twain
- “Every dog has his day unless he loses his tail, then he has a weak-end.”- June Carter Cash
- “Why does watching a dog be a dog fill one with happiness?”- Jonathan Safran Foer
- “Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.”- Sigmund Freud
- “Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.”- Franklin P. Jones
- “You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you; they will be there long before any of us.”- Robert Lewis Stevenson
- “Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.”- Elizabeth Taylor
- “Let sleeping dogs lie.”- Robert Walpole
There are a lot of dog quotes out there and this list of the short ones is just a small piece of it.
It seems that dogs are the†never-ending inspiration for the creative part of us.
We are glad that they can always amuse us, directly or indirectly.
Have you enjoyed these short dog quotes? Do you have a favorite one? Let us know in the comment section below.