If you’re looking for some fun t-shirt worthy short dog quotes, I’ve got you covered
In other words, these sayings are perfect for custom gifts for dog lovers, like pillows, shirts, mugs, and cards.
I’ll even give you a list of my favorite places to make those fun personalized dog gifts!
You will love these: Inspirational dog quotes
Top 60 Short Dog Quotes to Put on a T-shirt
Like I said, these short dog quotes are all about fun!
Today, I want to focus solely on super cute ideas that just scream “put me on a t-shirt!”
One quick note- since most short quotes and sayings aren’t copyright-protected, it’s hard to figure out who said them first.
So, for most of the quotes, you won’t see attribution. That’s not a mistake or laziness on my part.
If it’s a famous quote that’s commonly attributed to a specific person, I’ll let you know.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Got it? Good! Let’s get started!
Complete List of Epic Short Dog Quotes
- I just want to drink wine and pet my dog.
- “Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong.” – W.R.Purch
- “Love is a four legged word.”
- “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” – Andy Rooney
- “Sorry, I can’t. I have plans with my dog”
- “Never trust a person that doesn’t love dogs.”
- “The road to my heart is paved with paw prints.”
- “A house is not a home without a dog”
- “Dogs are my favorite people.” (Love this quote? Check it out on our t-shirt!)
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”- Roger Caras
- “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” – Orhan Pamuk
- “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.” – Mark Twain
- “Dogs are like potato chips. It’s hard to have just one.”
- “Whoever said that diamonds are a girl’s best friend… Never owned a dog.”
- “The journey of life is sweeter when traveled with a dog.”
- “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” – Ben Williams
- “My dog is the only therapist I need!”
- “Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.” -Corey Ford
- “The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.”- Ambrose Bierce
- “Warning- may spontaneously talk about dogs” (See it here)
- “My little dog – a heartbeat at my feet.” – Edith Wharton
- “I like dogs and maybe three people.” (Check our gifts with this saying here).
- “The pug is living proof that God has a sense of humor.” – Margot Kaufman
- “I work hard so my dog can have a better life.”
- “Everything I know, I learned from dogs.” – Nora Roberts
- “A dog might destroy your shoes but will never break your heart. “
- “This girl runs on coffee & dogs”
- “If your dog doesn’t like someone you probably shouldn’t, either.”
- “I love a dog. He does nothing for political reasons.” – Will Rogers
- “Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.” Emily Dickinson
- “My dog thinks I’m cool.”
- “All you need is love and a dog.”
- “If I can’t bring my dog, I’m not coming.”
- “To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.” Aldous Huxley
- “If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail.” -Fran Lebowitz
- “Dog hair, don’t care.”
- “I’m kind of a big deal to my dog.”
- Every dog must have his day.” – Jonathan Swift
- “I just want to pet all the dogs.”
- “Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ” -Joe Gores
- “I’m the kind of person who says hi to the dog.”
- “It was me. I let the dogs out.”
- “Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot little puppies.” – Gene Hill
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles Shultz
- “Dog is God spelled backward.” – Duane Chapman
- “No matter how you’re feeling, a little dog gonna love you.” – Waka Flocka Flame
- “Live. Laugh. Bark.”
- “The dog lives for the day, the hour, even the moment.” – Robert Falcon Scott
- “Keep calm and pet a dog.”
- “Every puppy should have a boy.” – Erma Bombeck
- Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.”- Groucho Marx
- “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you feel rich.”
- Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.
- Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” – Dean Koontz
- “Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.” – Franklin P. Jones
- For after all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog.” – Charles M Schulz
- Dog’s lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
- “Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer”
- “Dogs are our link to paradise.” – Milan Kundera
- “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” – Louis Sabin
More wonderful short quotes for dog lovers
These next few aren’t quite “t-shirt” short, but they’re perfect for handmade cards, journals, and other gifts.
- “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
- “There is no faith which has never yet been broken, except that of a truly faithful dog.”
- Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” -Kinky Friedman
- “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner
- “My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” – Elayne Boosler
- My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies. It comes from the love that’s in my dog’s eyes.
- You know, a dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.
- “The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.” – Samuel Butler
- “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” – Christopher Morley
- “I’ve seen a look in dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts.” – John Steinbeck
- “When an eighty-five-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.”- Kristan Higgins
- “I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.” – Doris Day
- “The dog has seldom been successful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his.” – James Thurber
- “It’s just the most amazing thing to love a dog, isn’t it? It makes our relationships with people seem as boring as a bowl of oatmeal.” – John Grogan
- “If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.” – Harry Truman
- It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
- “You know, a dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.” – Jill Abramson
- “Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.” – Ann Landers
- “A boy can learn a lot from a dog — obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down. ” – Robert Benchley
- We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” – Roger A. Caras
- “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” – Robert Wagner
- “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “The love of a dog is a pure thing. He gives you trust which is total. You must not betray it.”
- “I don’t understand people who don’t touch their pets. Their cat or dog is called a pet for a reason.” – Jarod Kintz
- “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles de Gaulle
There you go! I hope you enjoyed these short dog quotes! Have fun making your own t-shirts, mugs, and more!