Get ready to get your groove on with these awesome rocker dog names!
Whether you have a boy or girl pup, we’ve got you covered!
Check them out!
Best Rocker Dog Names
For those who like to rock out, we have a treat for you music lovers.
Adopting a new puppy into your family is an exciting event, almost as exciting as going to your favorite rock concert.
Maybe your pup is a little shy and reserved and you want to endow him or her with a powerful name that can hopefully offset this characteristic.
Naming someone close to you like your dog after a rocker legend is always a cool idea.
Whatever the reason, we have a list in store for you to lessen the pressure of finding the perfect name.
Male Rocker Dog Names
You know you can expect a long list of famous rockers, mainstream or not.
It could be fun to see if you recognize some of the names, especially if they are more obscure rock bands.
Let’s help you find the perfect name while testing your music knowledge!
- Ace (for Ace of Spades) – This is a cool name you may have seen pop up on a few of our lists. It definitely has that rocker cool factor.
- Spades – For the same reason above.
- Leppard – For Def Leppard.
- Fixxxer – Do you recognize this song? If you don’t the band name is the next name on the list.
- Metallica – Legendary rock band!
- Icarus- Isn’t this a character of myth? Well, it’s also a name the name of a famous Iron Maiden song.
- Sabbath – For Black Sabbath. You can go ahead and name your dog the full band’s name if you want.
- Rocket – It may sound like a common name, but it’s the rocket for Rocket Queen, a song by Guns N’ Roses.
- Guns – For the aforementioned band.
- AC or DC or both – This kind of gave it away. AC/DC has given us legendary rock music.
- Who – Maybe more classic rock is your style instead of hard rock.
- Floyd – We suggested Floyd as not everyone wants to name their male dog Pink.
- Zeppelin or Led – For Led Zeppelin of course!
- Beatle – Does this need any more of an introduction?
- Stone – Are you a fan of Keith Richards and Mick Jagger?
- Halen – Or Eddie if you want.
- Eagle – The Eagles has one of our favorite songs, something to do with California. Can you guess which song?
- Styx – Kind of subtle, one of our favorite suggestions.
- Bowie – We know someone with this as a first name, so why shouldn’t a dog have it too?
- Door – To make it cooler maybe alter the spelling a bit to “Dorr” or “Dore”.
- Velvet – Velvet Underground!
- Iggy – Not for the rapper Iggy Azalea, but for Iggy Pop!
- Ramone – The Ramones! It also sounds exotic.
- ZZ – ZZ Top
- Denver – For John Denver. Yes, he is rock music, folk rock.
- Dylan – For Bob Dylan
- Garfunkel – For Simon and Garfunkel, because Simon is too normal.
- Jethro – For Jethro Tull.
Can you think of any more artists to name your dog after? We still have a few ideas for your male dog. How about Springsteen, Cooper and Jovi?
Female Rocker Dog Names
Now on the female side, we have a bunch of names ready as well. Females rocked out in rocker history just as hard as the guys did.
- Alice – Instead of Cooper, go with Alice for your little girl.
- Kiss – No explanation needed.
- Rainbow – For Rainbow. Have you heard of them?
- Maiden – For Iron Maiden.
- Moonchild – A famous Iron Maiden song.
- Glitter – You may think it’s not very “rocker”, but some rockers like to wear glitter and it’s the name of a Motley Crue song.
- Angela – By the Motley Crue.
- Pink – Now people might be less averse to naming their female fur child Pink for Pink Floyd.
- Ziggy – From the song Ziggy Stardust by ________. We’ll leave that for you to fill out.
- Heart – Have you heard of the rock band Heart?
- Lady – A song by Styx.
- Pandora – Pandora’s Box is a song by Aerosmith. Aerosmith is another name we almost missed for a male fur baby.
- Queen – Freddy Mercury is a legend.
- Fleetwood- More of a unisex name, for Fleetwood Mac.
- Sadie – Sexy Sadie is a catchy song by The Beatles.
- Satin – Nights in White Satin.
- Songbird – A song by Fleetwood Mac. It’s also great if your dog likes to howl.
- Siouxie – A bit hard to pronounce? Not really, it’s a bit like Susie, for Siouxie and the Banshees.
- Lightfoot – Also a bit of a unisex name for Gordon Lightfoot.
- Lola – A song by The Kinks.
- Rose/Rosie/ – For Guns N’ Roses of course!
- Layla – By Derek and the Dominoes.
- Stevie – For Stevie Nicks.
- Janis – Or spelled Janice if you prefer, for Janis Joplin.
- Jett – More unisex as well, for Joan Jett.
- Molly – For Molly Hatchet.
- Angie – Rolling Stones song. A nice ballad.
- Foxy – If your dog resembles a fox and you love Jimi Hendrix.