Looking for a few puppies who will love your apartment life?
Okay, there are way more than 5, but I chose my faves for you!
I am partial to my Chihuahua, but there are others (not quite so small) who would love a nice warm place on your couch.
Sure, they like a nice walk, and some quality play time, but they are perfectly happy living in your close apartment quarters.
Check out my favorite 5 puppies who will love your apartment life!
Puppies Who Will Love Your Apartment Life
- Laid back and kid-friendly!
- If he is going to be your first dog, he is an excellent choice.
- The Basset Hound takes to training pretty well. Also, if your life gets inconsistent, he will be okay.
- Some other breeds have a hard time adjusting (somewhat like kids!) but this guy will do just fine.
- Watch his diet, you don’t want him to gain too much excess weight, his small legs and back can’t handle it.
- He will most likely really enjoy curling up in your lap while you catch up on some shows.
📷 Picture by @chihuahuaslover For all CHIHUAHUA lovers check link in our bio @chihuahualife.tv for some awsome Mugs, T-shirts and Hoodies 🔥 Love to tag? Please do ! Perfect! 👥 ⤵ Double tap & tag your friend Love it 😉💖 Would you like to wear Chiahuahua Dog T-Shirts or Mugs, Legging? Grab yours by clicking the link in my profile Bio 💗 * # Follow us:- @chihuahualife.tv for more pictures # via @chihuahuaslover
I love my Chihuahua! She has adjusted well to all of our moves since we have had her.
- They are pretty portable! Apartment living suits these little guys (and gals) very well because they don’t take up much space (even if they are all up in your personal space).
- You can also train your Chihuahua to use a puppy pad, which might be easier living in an apartment. I had taught my Lola to use a pad, because she was so tiny and we lived where it was cold most of the year, I just couldn’t bear to see her tiny body shiver, and also feared I would lose her in the snow!
- This little guy is a cross between a Cocker Spaniel and a Poodle.
- He doesn’t shed very much (might be the Poodle in him!) He is also very affectionate!
- The Cockapoo is very kid and dog-friendly, which becomes important in close quarters of apartment living.
- He is very easy to train and loves to play. If you have kids, he is a great dog for them to form that best friend bond with!
- He won’t take up too much space either, standing less than a foot and a half at his shoulder.
My friends had a pug and always lived in apartments. He was super cute (and old).
- He fits very nicely in your lap (or your kid’s lap!)
- He likes to show off, often referred to as the clown of the k9 world.
- Your Pug will not like to be alone though, at least for too long.
- He prefers to have his humans with him at all times.
- He is an excellent choice for a first time dog owner. He reminds me of myself, doesn’t like it too hot or too cold, the temp has to be just right for him. So if you live in cold weather areas, be sure to have a few sweaters for him. Warm weather? Try to keep him fresh.
West Highland White Terrier
Happy #wbw from Fat Butt and Little Fat Butt ~ ~ ~ ~ #westie #westhighlandwhiteterrier #westiesofinstagram #westiegram #whwt #dog #pets #cute #puppy #dogsofinstagram #instadog #dog_features #dogstagram #dogs #cutedog #happydog #buzzfeedanimals #weeklyfluff #photooftheday #cutepuppy #fatbutt #sisters
I was once the proud owner of a Westie (you might hear her called this for short). She was so fun and super cute!
My neighbor once told me that she used to cry when I left for a while. I did not crate her when I left, she was free to roam my studio apartment, so she watched me leave out the window. For a while it was just me and her, she was my buddy.
These guys are great for hunting small rodents. She didn’t take very well to the mice I once had in my house eating her food.
There are plenty of puppies who will love your apartment life (provided you give him food and water that is, and play with him). Some, as you can see, are better suited for the lifestyle than others, but you still have plenty of breeds to choose from!