Want to show off your love of country and find a clever moniker for your pooch? These patriotic puppy names are perfect for both! Whether you’re raising the next First Dog or just want something that says “I’m proud to be an American,” you really can’t go wrong with these names. If you’re a Marine and want to take the patriotism a step further, make sure you check out our favorite Marine-inspired dog names, too!
Patriotic Puppy Names
Male Patriotic Dog Names
- Sam– After Uncle Sam, of course. Short, simple and easy for your dog to remember!
- Grant– Ulysses S. Grant, the 18th President of the United States, who served from March 4, 1869 to March 4, 1877. He was also the Commanding General during the American Civil War.
- Patton– George S. Patton was a United States Army General who led the Third Army during World War II.
- George– George Washington, the 1st President of the United States, who served from April 30, 1789 to March 4, 1797.
- Franklin– Franklin Pierce, the 14th President of the United States, who served from March 4, 1853 to March 4, 1857. Also, Benjamin Franklin, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States and the 6th President of the United States, who served from October 18, 1785 to November 5, 1788.
- Kennedy– John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States, who served from January, 1961 to his assassination in 1963.
- Revere– Paul Revere was a Patriot during the American Revolution, which occurred from 1765 to 1783. He is most famous for telling the United States Militia about the approaching British Armed Forces. While there is much debate over whether he actually yelled “The British are coming!” or even finished his ride, he’s still an important figure in the Revolution. Plus, it makes for an adorable dog name!
- Hancock– John Hancock is the former Massachusetts Governor, serving two terms: one from October 25, 1780 to January 29, 1785 and the second from May 30, 1787 to October 8, 1793. He is also one of the signers of the United States Declaration of Independence, known for his stylish signature.
Female Patriotic Dog Names
- Martha– Martha Washington, often called Lady Washington, was the wife of George Washington, the 1st President of the United States.
- Eleanor– Eleanor Roosevelt is the longest-serving First Lady of the United States, wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt, the 32nd President of the United States, who served 4 terms, from March 4, 1933 to April 12, 1945.
- Dolley– Dolley Madison, was the wife of James Madison, the 4th President of the United States.
- Betsy– Betsy Ross was a famous seamstress, who made the First Flag of the United States in 1776.
- America– Often called the United States of America, United States or America. You have to admit, this is one of the most patriotic puppy names of all!
- Justice– The United States Pledge of Allegiance, which was composed in 1887, ends with “With liberty and justice for all.”
- Liberty– The Statue of Liberty is one of the most iconic symbols of the United States.