Now that summer is finally here, I’m looking for some new outdoor dog toy ideas to buy my pups!
How about you?
Don’t you love spending the warm days in the backyard with your dog?
We adore soaking up the sunshine and getting some exercise after being cooped up for months!
If you want to surprise Fido with some new play things, too, read on for our favorites!
7 Outdoor Dog Toy Ideas We Love
Affiliate links included below. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Dogs are naturally inclined to spend time outdoors and if you have a backyard, then you should make sure that your pooch has some outdoor toys he can play with.
Here are some of the most interesting outdoor dog toy ideas:
|Outdoor Toy Ideas||Features||Our Rating|
|Jolly Pets Tug-n-Toss||Very sturdy, made for pets of all sizes!|
|Tether Tug||Complete brain and body workout!|
|Zeus Bomber Ball||100% rubber, floats for fun in the water!|
|Kong Extreme Flyer||All the fun of a Frisbee with the durability of Kong!|
|ChuckIt! Ball Launcher||Light & flexible, no more picking up slobbery balls.|
|The Tuggo||Play tug with your dog, or fill with water so dog can play alone.|
|The Puller||Light enough for kids, amazing workout tool for your dog.|
1. Jolly Pets Tug-n-Toss
- Made initially by the company called Horseman’s Pride and designed for horses in the first place, this toy has since been manufactured for dogs by a new brand called Jolly Pets.
- Jolly Pets Tug-n-Toss is a very sturdy and durable toy.
- It consists of a hollow sphere and a very thick exterior shell made of rubber. It is a tough shell, but it is also flexible.
- Some versions of the toy come with a triangular handle, others come without it or with a rope attached.
- It comes in different sizes as well since the company also makes these toys for zoo animals.
Related: The 5 Most Indestructible Dog Toys
2. Tether Tug Dog Toy
- The Tether Tug Dog Toy is one of my favorite outdoor dog toy ideas!
- It can prevent your dog from digging around in your backyard, fighting with fences or escaping, by providing some entertainment for him.
- This toy has a flexible pole which can spin 360 degrees and rotate to keep your dog interested.
- It is also a great thing for your pooch in terms of exercise since it provides a complete brain and body workout.
- You won’t have to worry if you have a tough tugger for a dog – this toy is made to stand up to the toughest challenge thanks to its strong in-ground base.
3. Zeus Bomber Ball
- The Zeus Bomber Ball can provide your dog with enough exercise and you don’t even have to do anything.
- This ball that looks a lot like a basketball comes with handles and it is made to withstand a lot.
- It is made of 100% natural rubber and it is perfect for any weather.
- You can even use it in water since it has a hollow air chamber that allows the toy to float.
- It can also bounce almost like a true basketball.
- However, know that this ball is pretty heavy and only dogs with powerful jaws and necks should play with it.
4. Kong Flyer Dog Toy
Is there a dog in this world that doesn’t like a frisbee?
Well, Kong Extreme Flyer is pretty much that.
- However, since it is made out of durable rubber it is soft on your pooch’s teeth and gums.
- Playing a game of fetch with this flying disc will certainly be a fun activity for your dog.
- Be careful if your dog is a chewer. Don’t let him have the disc by himself since this is not a chewing toy.
- Other than that, this toy will last long.
5. Chuckit! Ball Launcher
#Repost @paisleyannedoodle ・・・ Momma and I make fetch happen thanks to @chuckitfetchgames #makefetchhappen . . . . . #gopromountaingames #gopro #vail #colorado #gopromtngames #vailcolorado #dogsofinstagram #dogs #slackline #kayaking #goprogames #mountainlife #pacifico #goldendoodle #dockdogs #goldendoodlesofig #goldendoodlesofinstagram #dogmomager #thegreatoutdogs
- With Chuckit! Ball Launcher you will be able to throw faster and farther than before.
- Your dog will certainly love this more intense game of fetch.
- With this toy, you won’t have to pick up slobbery balls ever again.
- It is made from light and flexible plastic that holds the ball firmly, then releases it when you swing.
- This toy can provide a lot of fun and exercise for your dog.
- It lets you participate as well, with complete comfort and control.
6. The Tuggo
- This toy is somewhat new on the market, but it is a great choice for those who have more than one dog because it allows dogs to play tug-o-war between themselves.
- The Tuggo is basically a hollow sphere made of an extremely durable and tough plastic.
- It also comes with a thick rope that goes through the center and this rope can be pulled from side to side, allowing your dogs to play tug-o-war.
- Of course, this toy can also be fun even for a single pooch since it can be filled with water, which allows it to roll and make fun water noises.
7. The Puller
- This dog toy is not just a toy – it is an amazing workout tool for your pooch.
- The Puller is a fitness tool made of two rings, which is great for the intensity of your dog’s workout.
- It is also very light, which means that even children can be a part of the game.
- For regular adults, this means that you will be able to train and play with your dog for a long time.
- This toy also floats, making it a perfect choice for water activities with your canine.
- Since the rings are made of extremely durable foam it allows your dog to chew and pull on this interesting toy without damaging it.
- You can use it for tugging, fetching, jumping or whatever comes to your mind.
These are some of the best outdoor dog toy ideas that I’m considering! Of course, there are many more great toys out there.
You can even make your own!
Share your favorite outdoor dog toy ideas with us below!