If you’re looking for the most indestructible dog beds, I’ve got you covered!
While totally destruction-proof beds are few and far between, some can definitely take a beating better than others!
First, we’ll talk about what to expect from an “indestructible” dog bed and how to manage your expectations.
Then, we’ll take a look at the best beds for all budgets on both Amazon and Chewy.
Let’s get started, shall we?
PS, you may also love: Top 5 Best Dog Steps for Your Bed
Content & Quick Navigation
What do we mean by most indestructible dog bed?
Before we take a look at the most indestructible dog beds, let’s talk about what that phrase actually means.
It’s super important to understand that “most indestructible” does not mean “100% totally indestructible dog bed.”
Such a thing doesn’t exist, and anyone that claims otherwise is delusional at best, and trying to sell you a unicorn at worst (in other words, they’re lying).
Super aggressive chewers can find a way to destroy anything, except maybe concrete (but that’s not very comfy!).
So, what does “most indestructible” mean, then? Well, basically, while these beds may not survive Cujo, they will take a major beating from your dog.
They’re extremely chew-resistant (if not virtually chew-proof), can stand up to sharp claws digging at them, and won’t fall apart with everyday use.
Let’s look at the most indestructible dog beds on Amazon, then we’ll check out some offerings over on Chewy.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Top 5 Most Indestructible Dog Beds on Amazon
Amazon is the easiest place to find the most indestructible dog beds, mostly because every brand (and their mother!) sells on the massive shopping site.
Check out the table for a quick look at my top picks on Amazon, then read on for reviews.
1. Kuranda Indestructible Dog Bed Review
My #1 pick for the most durable dog bed ever will always be Kuranda (followed very closely by the next bed on this list).
As far as indestructibility goes, this one all but promises that your pup can’t destroy it.
Features & Pros
- Patented chewproof frame is made out of aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Supports up to 250 lbs, making it great for giant breeds.
- Elevated design keeps dogs cool and comfy all year round.
- Heavy duty vinyl is the most durable fabric you can find in a dog bed.
- No stuffing to destuff (which makes chewing it not so fun for dogs)
- Super easy to clean.
- Waterproof frame and cot
- Very meager 1-year warranty, which is short for such a pricey bed.
- Only ONE type (the one mentioned here) is chew-proof, so be careful to buy the right one.
- Hard to assemble
While other beds on this list are (obviously) indestructible to a degree, the Kuranda is one of two that I can confidently virtually destruction-proof.
Can a super aggressive chewer still destroy it? Probably. However, he’d most likely get bored of trying before he actually pulled it off.
Check out our full Kuranda dog bed review for more information.
- ORIGINAL CHEWPROOF BED AND STILL THE BEST - Designed in Maryland in 1995. Patent #US5992348. Still the best. Best design. Best materials. Best workmanship. Best customer service.
- BEST DESIGN - Oversize rails (larger than all competitors) protect fabric in frame. Orthopedic design provides long lasting even support to your dog's joints.
- BEST MATERIALS - Aircraft grade aluminum and high strength PVC won't rust. Premium fabric are abrasion resistant, treated against UV and clean easily. Stainless steel fasteners.
- BEST WORKMANSHIP - Kuranda has been manufacturing elevated, orthopedic dog beds in Baltimore, Maryland since 1995.
- BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE - If you have a question about our beds call or email us. The people who make the beds are the ones who answer the phones and return your email.
2. K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed Review
Like I said, there are two beds on this list that are as close to indestructible as you can get without using concrete, and this is the 2nd one!
You’ll see some other K9 Ballistics options below in case you don’t love elevated beds, but if you don’t mind the legs, this is your best bet from the brand.
Features & Pros
- One of the most chew-proof beds on Amazon (along with the Kuranda above).
- Highly durable RIPSTOP fabric resists biting and digging.
- All Aluminum frame for added durability
- Easy to clean, just hose it down.
- Elevated style is great for dogs with arthritis, as it evenly distributes their weight across the bed.
- Waterproof frame and cot
- Very short warranty period (only 180 days on the fabric)
- The frame corners aren’t the most durable.
- Challenging to assemble
While the Kuranda is my top choice, this one is a very very close second.
The only reason it’s not tied for first is because of the shorter warranty. One year is bad enough, but only 180 days? It’s basically nothing.
Still, it’s a fantastic option for those who need the most indestructible dog bed possible and don’t want the Kuranda for whatever reason.
Take a look at our in-depth K9 Ballistics Cujo Cot review for more details.
- Chew Proof Dog Bed: For dogs who persistently chew their beds, and who've turned lesser dog beds into a pile of rags. Not just chew resistant, this dog bed is an indestructible dog bed.
- Chew Resistant Dog Bed: This elevated dog bed resists all destructive dog habits such as chewing, biting, scratching, digging, and nesting. This is due in part to the full aluminum dog bed design, and also to the ripstop ballistic fabric used for the bed.
- 120 Day Chew Proof Warranty - If your dog chews through or damages any part of their bed within 120 days of receiving it, we will replace the damaged item once free of charge.
- Crate Dog Bed: Designed to fit in all standard size dog crates. This crate dog bed fits snuggly (not tight) without any gaps. This helps keep your dog safe in his crate, and also helps prevent damage a dog's attempts to damage the crate dog bed.
- Arrives pre-assembled. Heavy Duty Aluminum Chew Proof Dog bed.
3. Kong Chew Proof Dog Bed Review
The KONG may be called a “chew proof bed,” but honestly, it’s more along the lines of highly chew-resistant.
Still, it’s a good option for moderately destructive dogs who don’t like raised bed designs.
Features & Pros
- Double-thick outer fabric stands up to wear, tear and chewing better than other standard pillow beds.
- Large enough for most breeds except maybe giants.
- Removable machine-washable cover.
- A quick grab handle on the top makes it easy to carry around.
- Not chew-proof.
- Water-resistant, but not water-proof, so don’t leave it outside.
- It’s quite pricey for a bed that’s not totally indestructible.
- Polyfill material inside the bed isn’t as orthopedic as memory foam.
While the KONG isn’t my personal top choice for the best indestructible bed, it is a favorite among other dog owners.
Just remember, it’s not ideal for super chewers! Manage your expectations and you should be fine with it.
Learn more about the pros and cons of this pick in our KONG chew-resistant dog bed review.
4. K9 Ballistics Round Dog Bed Review
If you love K9 Ballistics but your dog just isn’t all that into elevated beds, their round dog bed is a good alternative.
While it’s not quite as durable as the cot, it definitely can take a beating!
Features & Pros
- Nearly indestructible and chew-proof for light to moderate nibblers.
- The ripstop cover is like Kevlar, except even stronger!
- Resists digging and scratching thanks to that durable cover.
- Ripstop fabric resists dirt and is machine washable.
- Filled with comfy CertiPUR-US foam that’s made in the USA.
- Only comes with a 120-day warranty (that’s just about 4 months). However, it’s a full warranty even against biting and digging.
- Although durable, the material is thin, so it’s not as indestructible as it could be if it was thicker.
Again, we need to manage our expectations and understand that beyond the first two beds on this list, nothing is completely indestructible.
As far as pillow beds go, this is probably as close as you’ll get! They will replace that cover if your dog chews it in the first 4 months.
I also read that they let you keep the old one and recommend doubling them up for added durability, which is very smart.
- Durable Rip-Stop Ballistic Dog Bed: Made for dogs that like to dig, scratch and nest in their bed.
- Rip-Stop Ballistic Cover: Scratch resistant, water-resistant, and dig proof cover. Removable cover is machine washable and is easy to clean.
- Mattress made in USA: American made non-toxic, CertiPUR-US shredded foam mattress made in our own facilities provide optimal support and comfort for every size dog. We've succeeded in not only improving the quality of your dogs mattress but made great strides in enhancing the quality of their sleep.
- Calming Anxiety Dog Bed - For dogs experiencing anxiety or nervousness, this calming bed is an excellent option. It is crafted with shredded orthopedic foam that offers a comfortable and cozy experience, making it ideal for older dogs with joint pain.
- 120-Day Cover Warranty - If your dog damages the bed cover within the first 120 days, we'll replace the cover once free of charge.This warranty covers scratching, digging, and any defects in the construction of your bed cover.
5. K9 Ballistics Tough Dog Crate Pad
If you’re looking for the most indestructible dog crate pad on Amazon, we once again turn to K9 Ballistics.
Honestly, as far as thin crate mats go, you can’t get much more durable than this one.
Features are similar to the round bed above with one major exception- it’s not stuffed. Still, let’s go over them again anyway (in case you skipped the bed above).
Features & Pros
- Holds up to digging, scratching and moderate chewing.
- Made with the same durable ripstop cover as the round bed above.
- Waterproof crate mat is easy to toss in the washing machine or spot clean.
- Filled with 1.5″ of K9 Certified Clean Recycled Polyfill , so it’s not super supportive but comfier than a hard crate floor.
- Fits inside most standard crates.
- Same as above, it only comes with a 120-day warranty, but again, it’s a full warranty.
- Again, the thinner fabric makes it easier to rip and it’s not designed for heavy chewers.
- Pretty pricey for a crate pad!
To be totally honest with you, you’re not likely to find an indestructible dog crate pad, so while it doesn’t sound all that tough, it really is for what it is, if that makes sense.
If it does rip within the first 120 days, they will replace it, so it’s worth a try!
Top 5 Most Indestructible Dog Beds on Chewy
Now we head over to Chewy to see what they have to offer.
While I’m a huge Chewy fan, they are a little lacking in the dog bed department, so we’re not going to see offerings that are quite as indestructible as the Amazon picks.
Still, they do have a few good options. Plus, Chewy has such stellar customer service that you almost have nothing to lose by giving them a try.
Seriously, I’ve contacted them many times about many issues and every single time they replied within minutes and totally fixed the problem with no hassle.
1. GoDog BedZzz Almost-Indestructible Dog Crate Pad
If you want an indestructible dog crate pad from chewy, this is probably your best bet.
Unfortunately, what makes dog beds chew-proof doesn’t really translate well to a thinner crate bed, so don’t expect it to be super durable.
Features & Pros
- Built to stand up to heavy duty use both in and out of the crate.
- The Chew Guard technology has reinforced double-stitched seams and tough liner for added durability.
- Nonskid bottom helps it stay put and not slide around your floor.
- It’s machine-washable.
- Comes in 6 sizes and two colors.
- It’s only about an inch thick, so not the coziest pad (still better than the hard crate floor, though).
- Made in China.
- Not for aggressive chewers or diggers.
While I think the K9 Ballistics pad from Amazon is a better pick, if you want to stick with Chewy, this is your best option.
Just remember that, in this case, “most indestructible” means “most likely to survive light abuse.”
2. K&H Pet Products Original Bolster Dog Cot
If you love the idea of an elevated bed but can’t swing the cost of my top two favorites, this K&H model is a great alternative.
While it’s not quite as durable as Kuranda or K9 Ballistics, it still has a good reputation for holding up against moderate abuse.
Features & Pros
- Added bolsters give dogs a more secure feeling on their elevated bed and is great for “leaners.”
- The waterproof bolster is also removable if you prefer not to use them.
- Straps help keep the bolster pad in place.
- Mesh center keeps dogs cool in the hot months.
- Easy to put together and take apart.
- Not quite as durable as the other elevated beds from Amazon.
- It’s a bit wobbly, which may freak out some dogs.
- The bolsters aren’t as chew-resistant as the rest of the bed.
K&H has a great overall reputation for making quality pet products. While this isn’t as durable as the top 2 choices, it definitely can hold its own.
Plus, it’s significantly cheaper, especially when you buy it on Chewy!
3. Big Barker Headrest Edition Dog Bed
Big Barker, a brand made just for large breed dogs, has two main beds. The only real difference is that one has a bolster and one doesn’t.
Personally, I like the headrest edition because it gives dogs a cozy spot to lay their heads!
Features & Pros
- This model is made specifically for older dogs with arthritis (but it’s still great for younger doys).
- The calibrated memory foam is 7″ thick and super comfy.
- Although it’s not totally chew-proof, the cover resists digging and tearing better than most other similar beds.
- Handmade in the US.
- Guaranteed to hold 90% of its shape for many years to come.
- Super-soft machine washable 100% microfiber cover
- No nonskid bottom (although it’s heavy so it shouldn’t move much)
- Not waterproof.
- Not totally chewproof
The Big Barker is among my most highly recommend beds for large breeds period.
While it’s not totally indestructible, it is designed to hold up for a long time for light chewers or diggers.
Plus, it’s so comfy that I kind of wish I had one for me!
4. Carlson Pet Products Portable Pup Travel Pet Bed
This one is a little something special for those of you who like to travel with your dogs.
While it’s not as durable as the other elevated beds on this list, it will hold up to many adventures!
Features & Pros
- Elevated design keeps dogs cool and comfy on your travels.
- Includes convenient carry case
- Great for both indoor and outdoor use
- Sturdy frame holds up to a good amount of wear and tear!
- Rubber covers on the feet prevent damage to your floor when used indoors.
- They don’t offer replacement canvas, so when it goes, you have to replace the whole bed.
- Not really chew-proof, although more chew-resistant than pillow beds.
- Only comes in one size.
While I wouldn’t recommend this as an everyday dog bed, if you need something strong to use during travels, this is a great pick.
It’s also a good option for sunny days on the deck with your dog!
5. K & H Ruff n Tuff Dog Bed
For this last one on Chewy, we once again turn to K&H! This time, we’re checking out one of their cozy pillow beds, the Ruff n’ Tuff dog bed.
Features & Pros
- Extra durable polyester fabric helps it hold up to digging and light chewing.
- Fabric holds up to outdoor use, so it’s great for the sunning on the deck with your dog.
- Channeled liner inside the bed keeps the stuffing in place and avoid lumps.
- Bottom of the bed uses a hidden hook/loop fasteners to close it
- Comes in two sizes for medium and large dogs
- Polyfill stuffing isn’t very orthopedic
- Only comes in 2 sizes (nothing for small or giant dogs)
- Cover is not waterproof (so don’t leave it out in the rain)
Since this one is stuffed with polyfill, I’d recommend it only for younger dogs who don’t have joint issues.
It’s also good if you want a bed that you can take on the go and use outdoors, as long as you remember that it’s not waterproof!
The hands-down best and most indestructible dog bed has to be either the Kuranda or the K9 Ballistics elevated bed.
If you want something that can hold up against the roughest and toughest pups, those are your best bets!
Like I said early on, though, finding a totally indestructible dog bed is kind of like finding a unicorn.
Does it exist? Eh, sort of. I mean, I’m not ruling out unicorns, so I’m also not ruling out a destruction-proof dog bed!
That said, the above are what I consider to be the most indestructible dog beds on Amazon and Chewy.
Do you have any other picks for the most indestructible dog beds? Share below!
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API