If you’re looking for the best funny boy dog names for your comedic canine companion, we’ve got you covered!
A lot of us pride ourselves on being clever when we name our new fur baby addition to the family.
The comedy can come from a play on words of real celebrity names, names of food, or just from cute words and adorable characters.
If you want to put a smile on the person’s face when you first divulge the name of your pup, then this list is for you!
We have once again done the legwork to find monikers that will not only crinkle the corners of one’s eyes but hopefully also bring a smile to your lips.
Content & Quick Navigation
Funny Boy Dog Names
We’ve chosen names from the English language. We also really enjoy all the names with dog vocabulary that sound like real words or real names.
Below are some of the names for fur baby boys that we found very amusing.
- Doogie Howler (Howsler) M.D. – If you’re a fan of Neil Patrick Harris, you must know this character.
- Santa Paws – With Christmas around the corner, bring home a bit of festive fun with this name.
- Spark Pug – More of a unisex name, for those dogs who have high energy.
- Chew Barka – Are you a fan of Star Wars?
- Ozzy Pawsborne – For the eccentric pups.
- Prince of Barkness – Works well if you have a Princess of Barkness too.
- Droolius Caesar – For the rulers of the household.
- Hairy Pawter
- Jimmy Chew – Love this name because it virtually sounds the same!
- The Notorious D.O.G
- Scooter – If he often scoots his butt.
- Cookie Monster – For those who often get into the cookie jar without permission.
- Deputy Dawg
- Sir Barks-a-Lot – For those who like to voice their emotions.
- Frodo – For those who are determined.
- Shredder – Like in Ninja Turtles, or for those who shred everything in sight.
- Terminator – A step above Shredder, Terminator eliminates the target. (We just hope it isn’t your shoes).
- T-Bone – Mmmm, yummy steak!
- Tiny – But for big dogs.
- Padoodle or Doodle – It’s even cuter if you have a poodle.
- Sir Wigglebottom
- Mr. Sheddington
- Mr. McFluff
- Lord Wagglesworth
- Captain Pawson
- 50 Scent – Very clever indeed.
- Boba Fetch – Another Star Wars reference
- Andy Warhowl
- Winnie the Pooch
- Sherlock Bones – For the sly detective dog who always seems to seek out what he shouldn’t.
- Snoop Dawgg
- Kanye Westie – If you have a Westie.
- Mr. Licks-a-Lot
- Sir Poops-a-Lot – We can go on all day with these ones.
- Pup Tart – For the extra cute and sweet ones.
- Indiana Bones
- Sub Woofer
- Lil Bow Wow – Because Snoop and he made it easy for us.
- Fleasy E – For Easy-E.
- Bill Furry – This one got us laughing, named after the Ghostbuster.
- Groucho Barks
- Meat Loaf
- Sir Loin
- Buzz Pawldrin – The former astronaut, great for dogs who are out of this world.
- Puppaccino – For the coffee drinkers.
- Santa’s Little Helper – For the Simpsons lovers.
- Abracadabra – For the dogs that manage to turn a clean house into chaos in under a minute.
- Beethoven – After the famous dog with the same name.
- Benji – The smart terrier with movies with the same name.
- Watson – The sidekick to your Sherlock Holmes.
- Spock – For the Trekkies
- Captain Kirk
- Clifford – The big red dog.
- Snowball – For black dogs.
- Soot – For white dogs.
- Garfield – The famous orange cat, but for your dog.
- Hot Dog – The yummy food and after Jughead’s dog.
- Pawcasso – For dogs who get into things and smear it all over your walls. It could be art!
- Fresh Prints – For Will Smith fans.
- Pupsqueak – For big dogs.
- Scrappy Doo – Scooby Doo
- Anderson Pooper
- Chewy Lewis
- Bark Vader
- Bark Ruffalo
- Billie Hollidog
- Bark Wahlberg
- Billy Grrrystal
- Brad Pitt Bull
- Canine West – If Kanye Westie isn’t your thing.
- Collie Firth
- CoCo Kennel
- Howl Jackman
- Corgi Cox – After the friend.
- Drool Barrymore
- Heath Fetcher – For the iconic man who played the Joker.
- Jabba the Mutt
- James Earl Bones – For the dogs with a deep baritone bark.
- Jude Paw
- Lick Jagger
- L.L. Drool J
- Mutt Damon
- Nine Inch Tails
- Spaniel Craig – For the Cocker Spaniels that love James Bond.
- Jon Bone Jovi
- Bilbo Waggins
The celebrity dog puns are our favorite, but we also managed to find some cute names that illustrate a dog’s tendencies (Scooter and Barks-a-Lot) as well as ones after food (Meatball, Burrito, and Taco).
Names and puns after cute characters such as Cookie Monster, Bilbo Waggins and Fresh Prints (of Bel Air) also caught our attention.
Which one was your favorite? I know this is a tough question since there so many clever and humorous names on our list.
Our favorites are Excalifur, Santa Paws, Jabba the Mutt, Furcules, Spaniel Craig, and the list goes on and on.