Are there any catchy food names for dogs?
If you’re looking for a creative and unique name for your dog, you may want to consider a food-based name.
Yes, you really can name your dog after your favorite food or drink!
Whether you love muffins, gumdrops, coffee or martinis, there’s a name out there that is perfect for your dog!
I have listed over 100 food names for dogs for you to choose from!
RELATED: Are you a cat parent? Check these funny cat names
Catchy Food Names for Dogs
- Bagel- (Bagel Dog)- A bagel dog is a hot dog that is wrapped in a bagel.
- Benedict- (Eggs Benedict)- A dish made with 2 English muffin halves and topped with Canadian bacon, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.
- Biscuit- Cute name for an affectionate dog.
- Cheerio- Perfect name for a miniature dog.
- Muffin- Cool name for a small dog.
- Omelet- Wonderful name for the dog who’s a mixture of different personalities.
- Waffles- Fun name for a dog that is goofy and playful.
Related: Find Out Why We Chose This Dog FOOD
Dessert Dog Names
- Blondie- A light-colored brownie.
- Brownie- A delicious, moist, chocolate dessert.
- Cupcake- Beautiful name for a dog with a sweet personality.
- Pudding- Great name for a dog that is sweet and enduring.
- Sorbet- A frozen dessert made from flavored, sweetened water.
- Strudel- A layered pastry with an apple filing.
- Truffle- A rich, chocolate dessert.
- Cherry- Sweet name for a female dog; from the Latin word, meaning beloved.
- Clementine- Awesome name for a female dog; from the Latin word, meaning merciful.
- Honeydew- Honeydew is great for dogs to eat because it has a high content of fiber and water.
- Huckleberry- The state fruit of Idaho.
- Kiwi- A fruit that hails from New Zealand.
- Mango- Impressive name for a red or orange colored dog.
- Peaches- Cool name for a Southern dog, like Georgia peaches.
- Pumpkin- Cute name for an adorable and sweet dog.
Herbs & Spices
- Basil- A minty herb that is delicious, both raw and cooked.
- Cinnamon- Perfect name for a dog that is yellowish-brown in color.
- Clove- Produces an aromatic, bold flavor.
- Dill- An aromatic herb that features fern-like leaves.
- Ginger- A spice plant that has beautiful flowers.
- Nutmeg- Produces a sweet, warm flavor.
- Pepper- Awesome name for a hot-tempered dog.
- Rosemary- An herb that is fragrant and woody.
- Saffron- Orange-yellow in color with a flavor and scent of sweet hay.
- Sage- Produces a hint of peppery flavor.
- Alfalfa- A perennial, flowering plant that is part of the pea family.
- Butternut- (Butternut Squash)- A winter squash with a sweet and nutty flavor.
- Okra- A flowering plant that features green seed pods.
- Parsnip- A root vegetable that is similar to carrots and parsley.
- Angus- A Scottish name that means first choice.
- Bacon- What dog doesn’t love bacon?
- Hambone- Perfect for the dog who makes you laugh.
- Meatball- Wonderful name for a dog with some extra meat on their bones.
- Nugget- (Chicken)- Cute name for a small dog.
- Pepperoni- A variety of salami and is often used as a topping on pizza.
- Pork Chop- Amazing name for a spunky dog.
- Sausage- Great name for a Dachshund dog breed.
- T-Bone- Cuts of steak, taken from the short loin.
- Gyro- Greek- A flatbread filled with meat, onion, tomato and tzatziki sauce.
- Curry- Indian- A spice mix that is made with chili peppers, coriander, cumin, fenugreek and turmeric.
- Alfredo- Italian- A rich sauce, used mainly on pasta dishes, that is made with butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Bruschetta- Italian- An antipasto that is made with garlic bread and topped with tomatoes.
- Cannoli- Italian- A pastry made with fried pastry dough and a ricotta filing.
- Gnocchi- Italian- Small dumplings made with bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, eggs, potatoes, semolina and wheat flour.
- Ramen- Japanese- Chinese-style wheat noodles.
- Sushi- Japanese- A dish that is made with vinegared rice, raw seafood and vegetables.
- Burrito- Mexican- Flour tortillas that are filled with meat, beans and cheese.
- Jalapeno- Mexican- A medium-sized chili pepper that is mildly to moderately spicy.
- Nacho- Mexican- A dish consisting of tortilla chips that are topped with nacho cheese and jalapeno peppers.
- Taco- Mexican- Corn or flour tortillas that are filled with an array of meats, cheeses and vegetables.
Nuts & Granola Dog Names
- Cashew- Perfect name for a yellow colored dog.
- Chestnut- Terrific name for a tan colored dog.
- Peanut- Cute name for a small dog.
- Pecan- A hickory nut that is smooth and brown in color.
- Pistachio- Derived from Central Asia and the Middle East; part of the cashew family.
- Walnut- Cool name for a dark brown colored dog.
- Butterscotch- A sweet confection made from butter and brown sugar.
- Candy- Awesome name for a sweet dog.
- Caramel- Great name for a brown colored dog.
- Cookie- Fabulous name for a high-energy dog.
- Godiva- Marvelous name for a female, brown colored dog.
- Gumdrop- Sweet name for a small, affectionate dog.
- Hershey- Sweet name for a chocolate colored dog.
- Honey- Awesome name for a dog that is as sweet as honey.
- Jelly Bean- Colorful name for an energetic, sweet dog.
- Licorice- Incredible name for a sweet, black colored dog.
- Marshmallow- Cute name for a white colored dog.
- Oreo- Sweet name for a dog that is black and white in color.
- Peppermint- Fun name for the dog with a refreshing personality.
- Sugar- Endearing name for a white colored dog.
Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- Brandy- Great name for a female dog; from the English word, meaning flaming torch.
- Cuervo- (Jose Cuervo)- A popular brand of tequila.
- Evian- A popular brand of water that is bottled in France.
- Fanta- A fruit-flavored carbonated soft drink.
- Fiji- A popular brand of water that is bottled in Fiji.
- Guinness- A popular Irish Stout beer.
- Jack Daniels- A popular brand of Tennessee whiskey.
- Jameson- A popular brand of Irish whiskey.
- Margarita- A popular mixed drink, made with tequila, triple sec and lime juice.
- Martini- A classic drink that is made with gin and vermouth and garnished with an olive or two.
- Pinot- (Pinot Noir)- A red wine that is derived from the French words, meaning pine and black.
- Riesling- A type of dry, semi-sweet wine that has floral notes.
- Scotch- A type of whiskey, from Scotland, made with malted barley and water.
- Sherry- Cute name for a female dog; from the French word, meaning beloved.
- Shasta- Ideal name for an Eskimo Husky dog breed.
- Tang- A fruit-flavored powdered drink mix.
Coffee Related Dog Names
- Caffe- A shot of espresso.
- Cappuccino- A coffee drink that is made with 1/3 espresso, 1/3 milk and 1/3 foam.
- Espresso- A strong coffee drink made with espresso roast coffee, a great name for a black dog
- Java- A word that means brewed coffee.
- Mocha- An Arabic word, meaning sweet as chocolate.
Miscellaneous Catchy Dog Food Names
- Caesar- A type of salad that is made with romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese and croutons.
- Reuben- A type of sandwich, made with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing.
- Tater Tot- Grated potatoes that are deep fried.
Why Choose Food Names for Dogs?
Coming up with dog names is hard work! We look for inspiration all around us, including our favorite foods.
If you have kids, choosing from dog food names can help them remember their new pup’s moniker! Think about it: is your toddler more likely to remember the name “Roosevelt” or “Peanut”?
Another reason: food associations bring up great memories, much like your family dog will years into the future! I have fond memories of making brownies with my mom as a child, or drinking mochas with my friends in high school!
Of course, you might choose the name just because it’s fun and cute!
Whatever the reason, these 100+ dog food names for dogs will definitely help you choose!
Do you have any favorite food names for dogs? Share below!