Keeping your dog’s teeth clean and healthy often seems like a daunting task. However, some electric toothbrushes made for dogs can make it simple and painless. The only trouble is finding them within a flooded marketplace full of options. But don’t worry; I made it easy by reviewing my favorite options and showing you how to find them. So let’s not waste any more time and dive into our buying guide to ensure this search becomes easy.
Start with a quick side-by-side comparison of my top picks on the table below, then read on for all of the details about each one.
FYI, this post includes affiliate links. If you buy anything through these links, DogVills earns a small commission at no extra cost to you.
5 Best Electric Toothbrushes for Dogs
The pet product marketplace can be a stressful place for inexperienced buyers. It only becomes even more so with electronics like electric toothbrushes for dogs. So, I did the work for you by pulling out the five best options. I’m confident one of these choices will be a suitable fit for brushing your dog’s teeth with ease!
1. FOKOME Electric Toothbrush for Dogs
Cleaning a dog’s teeth has never been easier than with FOKOME’s Electric Toothbrush for Dogs. Its 360-degree brush head offers excellent performance and reaches those hardest-to-reach areas. Plus, it helps that this option is the most affordable on our list.
- 360-degree brush head (1 replacement included)
- Nylon and silicone auxiliary bristles
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Three vibration modes
- 350MAH lithium battery with USB charging cable
- Two silicone finger brushes
- Proven effective in controlling bad breath and reducing tartar build-up/plaque
- Effortless to use with a 360-degree brush head
- Comfortable and firm grip handle
- Helps reduce dog anxiety with a low noise level
- Affordable price
- Stiffer than expected
- No spin feature (it only vibrates)
Aside from its brush head and low price, I also like this model’s ergonomic designed handle. It helps users keep their grip on the brush even when the dog’s squirming. Additionally, buyers shouldn’t overlook its low noise level, which will keep any anxiety to a minimum.
Some reviewers were also disappointed to find that it doesn’t spin. However, if you read the description, the product clearly states that it’s a vibrating toothbrush and makes no mention of spinning.
If you can live without that feature, it’s a good and affordable option.
- 🐶Customized toothbrush head for Dogs: Specially designed spherical toothbrush head targeted for dog's oral. Nylon bristles combined with soft silicone auxiliary bristles to avoid bleeding gums caused by over-brushing. The innovative 360-degree encapsulated three-dimensional brush head has a 3-in-1 function of cleaning the teeth, cleaning the tongue and massaging the gums, making it possible to reach difficult areas so that plaque can be removed without difficulty.
- 🐶Ergonomic Design: The large handle of our dog toothbrush allows a better grip on the toothbrush and is less likely to slide and fall off than a normal toothbrush. This pet electric toothbrush is perfect for medium and large breeds (24-97lb).
- 🐶FREE 2 Finger Brushes, 1 Replacement Brush Head: The finger brushes are 100% silicone. And its softness and abrasion makes it the good companion for these little critters. If your dog is not familiar with a toothbrush, you can first get it used to the brushing process with a finger brush.
- 🐶Electric Toothbrush for Dogs: 3 modes Vibration, 4 MINS TIMER with interval pausing reminding every 60 seconds to remind moving to the next tooth area. Providing higher cleaning efficiency than ordinary pet toothbrushes, our dog electric toothbrush is comprehensive care of dog's mouth and sensitive teeth. Effective in eliminating dog's bad breath, reducing tartar buildup, plaque.
- 🐶IPX7 waterproof.
- 🐶If your dog is unable to adapt to the electric toothbrush after many attempts, we provide 60 Days money back guarantee. Please feel free to ask us if you have any question.
2. Petosan SilentPower Double-Headed Sonic Toothbrush
The Petosan SilentPower Double-Headed Sonic Toothbrush offers one of this list’s most impressive designs. It utilizes two 45-degree brush heads on a single toothbrush to simultaneously attack the interior and exterior of a dog’s tooth. Therefore, it significantly lessens how long a brushing session takes, which is something we all want.
- Double-headed toothbrush designed for cleaning dog’s teeth
- 45-degree brush heads
- Utilizes new sonic technology
- Produces 20,000 bristle strokes per minute
- Runs off one AA battery
- Excellent plaque removing capabilities
- Time-saving design by brushing both sides at once
- Suitable for small and large dogs
- Sturdy, reliable construction
- Not as silent as the name implies
- Some customers experienced packaging issues
I like that it brushes both sides of your dog’s teeth at once. But it’s worth noting that the time-saving design isn’t its only highlight attribute. I was also intrigued by its excellent plaque removal ability and usability on small and large dogs. Both these qualities further show why it’s hard to see how a dog owner wouldn’t love this option.
However, I did find some customers who experienced packaging issues. For example, their toothbrush arrived in a damaged container, which is never ideal. I wouldn’t consider it a deal breaker or anything, though, as these complaints seemed like isolated incidents.
A few customers felt that it was a bit too noisy, especially for a toothbrush with the word “silent” in its name. One pointed out that it’s louder than their own electric toothbrush. That could be an issue for anxious dogs. The majority of reviewers, though, felt that it got the job done with ease.
- Specially designed for cleaning dog's teeth
- Highly effective at removing plaque
- Cleans the inside and outside surfaces at the same time
- Targets the most vulnerable area between teeth and gum line
- 20000 Bristle strokes per minute
3. Emmi-Pet Electric Toothbrush
Dog owners won’t find a more equipped option than Emmi-Pet Electric Toothbrush. This electric toothbrush manages to check off everything a dog owner could want. It’s quiet, provides deep cleaning without vibrations, and offers superior results. What more could you possibly ask for when buying these products?
- Piezo-chip embedded brush head
- Utilizes Ultrasound wave technology
- Three toothbrush attachments
- AC powered, 110 V charging station
- Nano-bubble toothpaste included
- Deep cleanings without brushing or vibrations
- Completely silent noise level
- Excellent at removing plaque and bad breath
- Suitable for all pets
- Reaches areas other toothbrushes can’t
- Comfortable grip and handle
- Very expensive compared to others
- Some customers had issues with the charger
Ultimately, it’s hard not to be overly impressed by this electric toothbrush. Its performance is top-level with its Ultrasound wave technology and Piezo-chip embedded brush head. Moreover, it’s convenient with it being usable on all pets and providing a comfortable handle.
Sadly, all these fantastic benefits come with one giant asterisk. It has the most expensive price tag of any electric toothbrush on this list by a significant margin. So dog owners will need to decide whether it’s worth the investment.
- DEEP CLEANS with patented, gentle 100% Ultrasound wave technology and millions of nano-cleaning bubbles. Cleans even inside tiniest gaps and crevices that are hard to reach by ordinary toothbrushes.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN technology reliably cleans harmful plaque build-up that can cause cavities, gingivitis, bleeding gums, other oral health diseases and a bad breath. Regular removal of bacterial plaque helps to prevent the development of periodontitis and tooth loss.
- FIGHTS BAD BREATH caused by harmful plaque buildup. Ultrasound wave cleaning technology removes bad breath causing bacteria even in hard to reach places that ordinary brushes cannot reach.
- OPERATES COMPLETELY SILENT, without any noise and without any vibrations. No brushing required. This is the key reason why emmi-pet the oral hygiene solution preferred by pets.
- Global Patented, made in Germany Starter Set includes 1 Ultrasound device, 1 Ultrasound nano-bubble toothpaste for pets, 3 toothbrush-attachments (1 small, 1 regular size, 1 skin care) and a 110 V charging station with power plug for North America (no adapter required)
4. Frienda Electric Dog Teeth Cleaner Set
Anyone looking to get these brushing sessions done quickly should look at Frienda’s Electric Dog Teeth Cleaner Set. It’s a 7-piece set with tools that ensure the product can produce quick and effective results. As a result, I could see it being a godsend for my senior Pitbull and cat, who have never warmed up to teeth cleaning.
- 7-piece electric tooth cleaner set
- Four brush head attachments
- Dual power sources (AA batteries or USB charging)
- USB cables included
- Stainless steel tooth scraper
- Three operating modes
- Stainless steel tooth scaler
- Simple assembly and using processes
- High-speed brush rotation offers quick, effective results
- Expertly removes tartar and stains
- Usable on cats or dogs
- Durable stainless steel construction
- No replacement heads are available
- Some feel the attachments are too tough/stiff
Frienda did an excellent job crafting a set capable of making any pet owner’s life easier. They even made assembling it easy, which is often tricky, with seven notable pieces. But everything about it has been crafted to ensure quality results at a fast rate.
However, I recommend being very careful when using the brush heads. Frienda doesn’t make replacement ones, so you’d have to buy a whole new set.
- Multiple cleaning modes (no battery): the electric dog teeth polisher is powered by USB or AA battery (AA batteries are not included), please don't use AA batteries and USB plug-ins at the same time; 3 Operating modes and high-speed brush rotation help you to remove stains quickly and effortlessly; The 1.33 inches brush head fits the mouth of most pets
- Clean teeth and fresher breath: the pet tooth cleaner can remove the teeth stains, calculus and tartar of pets, help pets clean their teeth and keep them clean, improve the intimacy between you and pets, use 3D silicone tip to penetrate into the teeth and remove dead corners, the silicone flat head fits the tooth surface, solve stubborn problems, the plaque flat head brush can clean the blind area, polish the massage cup, and increase the smoothness of teeth
- Simple to use: just assemble the brush and apply a little toothpaste on it, and then press the button to clean the teeth; After use, just press the button 3 seconds to turn off the pet grooming teeth polisher, and then disassemble the brush for cleaning
- Sufficient quantity: the package contains 1 piece electric teeth polisher with USB cables, 4 different styles of brush heads for different purposes, 1 piece double head dog tooth scaler and 2 pieces double head pet tooth scrapers, 4 kinds of tools to give your pet a clean oral cavity
- Simple to use: just assemble the brush and apply a little toothpaste on it, and then press the button to clean the teeth; After use, just press the button 3 seconds to turn off the pet grooming teeth polisher, and then disassemble the brush for cleaning; Note: during the cleaning process, there will be some friction sound, which may be afraid for small pets; Therefore, it is better to use it when adults are nearby
5. Smile-Aid Pet Electric Tooth Polisher Set
Our final option, Smile-Aid’s Pet Electric Tooth Polisher Set, isn’t lacking when it comes to appealing attributes. This 6-piece set comes with a well-crafted toothbrush design and five brush head attachments to ensure your dog’s teeth are sparkling. Honestly, it’s ready to clean and address any issues inside a dog’s or cat’s mouth.
- 6-piece tooth brushing set
- Five replaceable brush heads
- Embedded LED searchlight
- Five adjustment gears for gum sensitivity
- Ergonomic design
- USB Type-C interface
- Adjustment modes ensure comfort for all pets
- Easily adapts to every surface of pet teeth
- Simple to use with ergonomic design
- Convenient and efficient USB charging
- Waterproof and durable construction
- Noisy on highest level
This electric toothbrush set has everything an owner needs to keep their dog’s teeth in check. It even has convenient USB charging to ensure its overall user-friendliness. You’d be hard-pressed to find a more reliable and adaptable dog toothbrush than this one.
But I would advise against using its highest level with overly skittish dogs. It has a reputation for producing a noisy operation sound that could scare them.
- 【5 Replaceable Brush Heads】The tooth polisher is equipped with 5 replaceable polishing heads, which act on different surfaces of the pet teeth and effectively clean the stains.
- 【5 Adjustment Modes】The dog tooth brushing kit comes with five gears (soft, normal, medium, strong, super strong) to adapt to different gum sensitivities in dogs and meet different needs.
- 【Built-in LED Light】It is designed with LED searchlight, combined with ergonomic design to clean all corners of pet's teeth with maximum efficiency.
- 【USB Rechargeable】It is equipped with a Type-C interface, which can be charged with a power bank and PC, and can be used more than 10 times on a single charge, making it easy to carry at home and travel.
- 【IPX6 Waterproof】It comes in a fully sealed package for easy cleaning and continuous use, can be rinsed under running water (can not be immersed in water), safe and convenient.
What to Consider When Buying Electric Toothbrushes for Dogs
I wish choosing an electric toothbrush for dogs was an effortless process. But sadly, there are several considerations to research before choosing a perfect option. I’ll walk you through them below to ensure this buying experience becomes as painless as possible.
Size may seem like a weird factor to consider with an electric toothbrush. But large dogs have more prominent teeth, often requiring a large brush. In fact, the larger toothbrushes will also make the brushing sessions go much quicker with unhappy pups.
On the other hand, I’ve known some pet owners with easy-going dogs who prefer smaller brushes. It lets them be a little more precise with their cleaning. So anyone with a relaxed dog who doesn’t mind these brushing sessions may want to choose a smaller brush.
Noise Level and Your Dog’s Temperament
Dog owners know that some pups aren’t too thrilled with unexpected noises. Due to this, I can’t stress enough to consider a dog’s temperament when choosing an electric brush. So anyone with an overly skittish dog should consider silent or non-electric choices.
Honestly, I always recommend going with the lowest noise level possible. It’s the easiest way to avoid any squirming or biting issues that might occur. Finding these choices won’t be difficult, as most brands make it a primary focus when crafting electric dog toothbrushes.
Ease of Use
Some electric toothbrushes can make using them challenging. For instance, these products can have a wide assortment of unnecessary settings and buttons. You’ll want to avoid these options by reading through each product’s customer reviews and descriptions. These resources should be enough to decide about their use processes.
I also find it helpful to see if any YouTube videos are available. It never hurts to have a visual aid when making a final decision on these products.
Never choose a toothbrush with a reputation for being difficult to hold. In most cases, cleaning a dog’s teeth will take some time as dogs love to squirm. You’ll need to account for this issue by choosing an option with a comfortable handle. It’ll ensure your hand doesn’t cramp up or experience discomfort during the brushing sessions.
But your comfort isn’t the only one worth considering. For example, buying a toothbrush with soft bristles is essential to prevent any discomfort for your dog. Most manufacturers do an excellent job accounting for this issue so that it won’t be too much of a problem.
In any case, I’d still do significant research into bristle softness before making a decision. It never hurts to go the extra mile when it could affect a dog’s comfort.
Electric toothbrushes for dogs are available at many price tags. As a result, buyers will need to create a budget based solely on their wanted features. So if you wish to buy an 8-piece set with various brush heads, your budget must reflect this increased cost.
Once you’ve crafted this budget, the whole process becomes much more manageable. You can then limit the number of options down to a smaller number. Trust me; it’s less frustrating to choose from a small selection of excellent toothbrushes that meet your needs.
Can I Use Human Electric Toothbrushes for Dogs?
Many pet owners wonder whether human-grade electric toothbrushes are usable for dogs. After all, it would make things a lot easier. I could simply get the same electric toothbrush I use daily for my pup.
However, electric human toothbrushes aren’t made for sensitive canine teeth. So these products often end up scraping away your dog’s protective tooth enamel. Therefore, dog owners are much better off choosing a high-quality canine electric toothbrush or a manual human toothbrush with soft bristles.
If price isn’t an object, my recommendation would have to be to buy Emmi-Pet Electric Toothbrush. Its performance quality is unmatched within the dog electric toothbrush marketplace.
But anyone looking for a more affordable option should stick with Frienda’s Electric Dog Teeth Cleaner Set. It offers impressive tooth cleaning capabilities while making the entire process quick and painless.
Have you tried to use any of these electric toothbrushes for dogs? Share your experiences below!
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API