Before you hit the trails with Fido, make sure you have all of the dog camping accessories you need!
Not sure exactly what to bring?
No problem, I’ve got you covered!
Read on for a complete list of dog camping accessories, along with our picks for the top brands in each category!
Content & Quick Navigation
Dog Camping Gear List
Let’s start with the basics, shall we? Below you’ll find “quick and dirty” lists of dog camping must-haves as well as “nice to haves.”
FYI: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Dog Camping Gear Must-Haves
Yes, some of these are blatantly obvious and seem silly to include, but I’m adding them anyway!
You’d be surprised by how easy it is to forget the basics when you’re packing for a trip.
- Food and an airtight storage container
- Enough water for Fido
- Collapsible water bowls
- Collar and ID tag
- Leash with reflective strips
- A long “tie out” lead and a stake to secure it into the ground
- Dog crate (if he regularly uses one)
- Outdoor dog bed, sleeping bag or comfy blanket
- Plastic tarp to put the bed on
- Complete dog first aid kit
- Chews to keep him busy during down times
- Poop scoop and bags
- Pop-up shelter or dog camping tent
- Dog life jacket (if he’ll be swimming)
- Towels for drying him off
- Bristle brush (great for removing dust, dirt, and dander before bed)
Nice-to-Have Dog Camping Accessories
Sure, you can have a successful camping trip with your dog without these items below, but they sure do make things easier!
- Interactive toys
- Frisbee or balls for fetch
- Dog camping chair
- Dog backpack or hiking pack (to put on the dog)
- Backpack-style carrier (to put your dog in)
- Dog coat
- LED collar cover
- Dog boots for hiking on rough terrain
- GoPro camera and dog mount
- Dog GPS tracking device
Now that you know what types of gear you’ll need (or want), let’s check out some recommendations!
Recommended Dog Camping Accessories
Below you’ll find my top 3 recommendations for the must-have dog camping gear items as well as for some of the things on the “nice to have” list!
I’m not going to cover every last item on the lists because some are super self-explanatory (toys and balls) while others can just be generic (like poop bags)
Check out the tables in each section for a quick look, then read on for quick pros and cons. Finally, use the detailed product box to discover all of the features.
Collapsible Food & Water Bowls
As you shop for collapsible food and water bowls for your dog, pay close attention to the sizes!
You don’t want to get a teeny bowl for your giant Great Dane, after all! Read on for my top 3 picks.
| || || |
Ideal for large dogs
Food-grade silicone is easy to clean
Comes with dual-chamber food/water bottle
1. Awakelion Collapsible Dog Bowl
I love this one because it’s easy to throw into even the tiniest backpack! Check out the pros and cons.
- It’s large enough even for giant breeds
- Eco-friendly materials
- Since it’s fabric, it’s super easy to shove into a jam-packed backpack
- Doesn’t dry as quickly as silicone
- Some customers say straps aren’t that sturdy
- Fabric is prone to tearing
- [Leakproof Design] The upgraded travel pet water bottle has the lid with four buckle design, and locking lids embedded with silicone gaskets which seal the bottles tightly and protect the food from...
- [2 In 1 Separate Sets] Two separate compartments of the one dog travel water bottle: one for dog drinking and the other for puppy foods or treats. One 2-in-1 collapsible dog water bowl gives your pet...
- [Dual-Use Collapsible Dog Bowl] Size is 8*7.2*2.2inch, fold height is 0.9inch, each department holds up to 13.5oz food or 400ml water, ideal for all small to medium dogs feeding bowls when outdoors.
- [Wide Use Pet Bowls] The collapsable dog bowl comes with a buckle, attach to the travel dog water bottle, also can hang to dog leash, backpack, belt loop, suitable for dog walking, traveling, hiking,...
- [BPA free & Durable Design] Our puppy supplies are made of premium PP and TPE material. They are anti-drop, anti-scratch, durable, safe and healthy for your furry kids.
2. BLEDS Collapsible Dog Bowl
If you want something sturdier than the fabric bowl, this is a great option!
- Fast-drying food-grade silicone
- Strong materials can take a beating and resist tearing
- They can withstand high temperatures (basically, they won’t melt if you leave them in a hot car)
- Flimsy carabiner can snap off, making the bowls easy to lose
- Somewhat strong silicone odor
3. UPSKY Dog Water Bottle & Bowls
I have a big dog, so this one isn’t quite as practical for me. If you have a smaller pooch, though, it’s highly rated!
- Includes a dual-chamber bottle for both food and water
- Comes with 2 silicone bowls
- Bowls attach to bottle with carabiner clip so they are easy to find in your backpack
- The bottle isn’t really large enough for a big dog’s food
- Customers say that it’s hard to transfer the food into the bowl
- Dual-Use Design: Designed with two chambers in one bottle, one for dry food and the other for water. With two wide-mouth snap lids on the top of the cap, easy for dispensing snack or pouring water.
- Leak-Proof Lid: Locking lids embedded with silicone gaskets which seal the bottles tightly and protect the food from air and water while keeping it fresh. The leak-proof lids prevent liquid from...
- Large Capacity: 10oz for water and 7oz for food in one bottle, the collapsible dog bowl is 12 oz, enough for outdoor walking, hiking, traveling.
- Come With Two Bowls: Equipped with two Collapsible silicon bowls and two carabiner clips. It will be the perfect partner for a day trip, outdoor hiking, traveling and even forest adventure.
- Durable & Safe: Made of high quality PP material, easy dismantling and cleaning. It will be a good companion for you to bring your pet out.
Our top choice
My top choice for this category depends on the size of your dog. If you have a giant-breed go with the first one.
For smaller breeds, I like the last one because it comes with a handy bottle.
However, if you already have a container for food and water, you can’t go wrong with the silicone bowls!
Dog Leads for Camping
Just about every campsite requires you to keep your dog on a leash at all times.
Since you don’t want him stuck glued right to your side the whole time (it’s not fun for you or him!), try one of these long leads.
| || || |
Lightweight and inexpensive
Strong cable steel, includes stake
Multiple colors, including bright orange
1. AmazonBasics Tie Out Lead
You’ll find some great dog camping gear on Amazon, including this tie-out leash.
- 3 different sizes for dogs up to 125 pound
- 25-30′ lead, depending on the size you choose
- Lightweight- weighs just 0.9 pounds
- They don’t make one for giant breed dogs
- Some customers complain that their dog eventually chewed through it
- Buckles are prone to rusting
- Tie-out cable for medium-size dogs up to 60 pounds
- Made of rugged steel and PVC for strength and rust-resistant performance
- Durable metal clips ensure quick, easy connections
- Weighs only 0.6 pounds; blue color; do not leave pet unattended when connected to cable
- Measures 25 feet long; backed by an Amazon Basics limited one-year warranty
2. EXPAWLORER Dog Tie Out Cable
While the included stake leaves something to be desired (see the cons) the strong cable more than makes up for it.
- Comes with a tie-out stake
- 30-feet long
- Made of durable cable steel that’s chew-proof
- Only made for dogs up to 60 lbs.
- Handle on the stake is prone to breaking off
- Although it says that it’s 30-feet long, some users say theirs is actually shorter.
- KEEP SAFE: When you're in the yard, at the park or out camping, dog stakes keep your pet safe and give your dog the freedom to do other things you want to do at your leisure and feel at ease
- EASY TO USE: The screw-in design allows the dog stake to be screwed into the ground like a bottle opener to secure the tether system, attaching the collar to the chain creates a secure area
- SWIVEL RING DESIGN: Stakes with swivel rings reduce the chances of your pup getting itself into a tangle while improving strength and durability
- 30ft DOG TIE OUT CABLE : 30ft dog chain for large puppies up to 125 lbs; cable made of high quality material, bite and rust resistant to avoid pulling and chewing; reflective design to keep track of...
- NOTE : When using the dog stake and leash set, avoid getting too close to outdoor furniture and other objects, such as barbecue grills, chairs, etc. Place items out of reach of dogs to prevent...
3. Hi Kiss Recall Training Agility Lead
If you want something that you can use both at home in your agility training and at the campsite, try the Hi Kiss!
- Comes in a multitude of lengths up to 100 feet
- 3 colors, including bright orange, which is perfect for camping
- Made of durable nylon
- While some users say it holds their 200+lb dog, other say it snaps when used with giant breeds, so use caution
- Aggressive chewers can chew right through it
- When left out in the rain, the nylon can weaken and snap
- DIMENSIONS - This dog leash measures 3/4in wide by 30 feet long. Great for hiking, camping, training, hunting, backyard, beach, recall training, outdoor play with tennis balls, and swimming!
- LONG LEASH: This training leash is great for teaching your dog recalls. It has the length needed to allow them to wander and ensure your command to come! is obeyed.
- NYLON TRAINING LEAD - This durable, long, nylon dog training leash will outlast cotton leashes. All stitching is reinforced and the nickel plated clip swivels to resist twisting. Our long dog leash is...
- Allows you to teach your dog recalls and other obedience skills.
- Swivel-style bolt snap resists twisting
I really like the EXPAWLORER because it’s made with cable steel, so it’s a bit more durable.
That said, the cons regarding the stake give me pause. You may want to bring a backup stake just in case.
Dog Camping Tents
The best dog camping tent depends entirely on why you need it in the first place.
For example, if your dog will be sleeping in your tent and you just need something for the daytime, a simple pop-up shelter will work find.
On the other hand, if your dog will be sleeping alone in his tent, you’ll want something that closes up at night.
Check out the table for a quick peek at my top picks, then keep reading for more details.
| || || |
| || |
1. Ruff ‘n Ruffus Portable Foldable Pet Playpen
I love this one because of the playpen style, which helps keep your smaller dog contained (and gives him a chance to get off his lead).
- Comes with a carrying case & collapsible bowl
- Protected seams and reinforced floor mat
- Removable zippered top
- Not ideal for large or giant breeds
- Not chew-proof, especially if you have an aggressive chewer
- Some customers complain that it has a strong odor
2. G4Free Large Pop Up Tent
As these next two entries will show, you don’t have to go with a dog-specific tent to give Fido a great place to relax and get out of the sun!
If you just need shelter and don’t need to close it up, start with the G4.
- Large enough for 2-4 people (so obviously it’s large enough even for a Great Dane!)
- While it doesn’t zip shut, the front does roll down to give your dog some privacy.
- It’s very wind-resistant thanks to multiple sandbags (4 built-in and 4 extras)
- Doesn’t zip closed, so you can’t really use it as a changing room for yourself.
- It’s a bit of a challenge to assemble.
- Some customers had issues with the poles breaking after a few uses.
- 【More Spacious 4-5 Persons and Comfortable】Oversized design, 25% bigger than others. Size 86.6 X 74.8 X 51.18 inch. You can put 2-3 sleep bags inside the tent for your family. This beach tent...
- 【360° Ventilation】2 large doors and 2 side mesh windows, the sun shelter maintains great ventilation inside, keeping the fresh air circulating. You can enjoy the nice sea and sea breeze lying...
- 【Durable Material & UPF 50 + Sun / UV Protection】Made of 190T silver coating waterproof sunscreen polyester, the instant tent blocks most of the UV rays, enabling you to enjoy the breeze when...
- 【Wind Resistant】This sun shelter comes with 4 extra sandbags, 4 built-in sandbags, 4 wind ropes, and 8 tent pegs, which ensure the strong anti-wind capacity. Enough sandbags filled with rocks and...
- 【Widely Use & Guarantee】Sun protective, ventilated, windproof and lightweight, the pop-up shade tent is a great choice for the beach, lake, camping, fishing, sporting event or just relaxing in the...
3. OutdoorMaster Pop Up Tent
Prefer something that you can close up? This is my favorite outdoor popup tent!
- Raises up in seconds with no assembly required
- Includes a built-in zippered door.
- Lightweight and compact, so it won’t way down your camping pack.
- Pricier than the other options above
- Tent floor is a bit thin, so not ideal for ground with a lot of pokey bits (like twigs, small rocks, etc)
- Some users say that it seemed to absorb heat rather than reflect it.
- Easy Set Up and Portable: This pop up beach tent allows to set up in seconds, without complicated installation steps. Frustrated days of putting up and taking down large beach tents has gone!...
- Durable Beach Tent: OutdoorMaster beach tent pop up shade made with durable 150D floor and thick 8.5mm fiberglass poles, also comes with stakes and guy rope to provide more stability.
- Sun Protection and Weather Proof: Our beach tent sun shelter is made of premium 210T polyester, it can effectively block heat and harmful UV rays. Also rated 3000mm PU coating, let the beach tent 100%...
- Luxurious Space: The beach pop up tent is enough room in the XL beach tent for 2 adults and 2 kids to sit in the inside. Spacious design provides a comfortable space for cooling shade and relaxation.
- Versatile Design: Built-in ZIPPERED DOOR ensures privacy while changing into dry clothes. LARGE MESH WINDOWS and double guyout points allows for excellent ventilation and refreshing breezes....
Tough call on which I like best! If you have a small dog, definitely go with the doggie playpen.
For larger breeds, I like the G4Free because it’s made to really withstand windy conditions.
First Aid Kits for Dogs
You’d think that a first aid kit is a first aid kit, but as you’ll see below, some are just better than others for taking on a camping trip!
| || || |
FDA approved, with 45 pieces
Made specifically for hikers
Compact & Lightweight
1. New Market Squared Pet First Aid Kit
- 45 pieces give you everything you need for most minor injuries.
- Designed for both people and dogs, so you can use it too!
- Includes a guide book so you know what to use in any given situation
- No antibiotic cream (this seems to be a trend with first aid kits in general, seriously, why???)
- No cortisone cream either.
That’s pretty much it for the cons! It’s one of those rare items that doesn’t have any 1 or even 2-star reviews.
- 60-PIECE FIRST AID PET KIT gives you everything you need including bandages, gauze, gloves, antiseptic and more. Our kit is Certified Pet Friendly! This kit can also be used for human injuries and...
2. Pet First Aid Kit for Hiking
I love this one because it’s made just for camping and hiking with your dog!
- Created with input from an actual vet
- Includes antibiotic ointment (this is a rare find!)
- Bag is water resistant, has belt loop, and is very durable
- Some users feel it’s a bit pricey for what’s inside
- No cortisone cream.
- TRAVEL AND HIKING DOG FIRST AID KIT: Deluxe Dog First Aid Kit was designed with the input from a Vet. Our pet first aid kit contains the items you need to address your pet’s wounds they received...
- PERFECT PET FIRST AID KIT FOR THOSE WHO TAKE THEIR DOGS BACKPACKING & HIKING: You love to take your pet everywhere you go, so you need this Pet First Aid Kit just for your Puppy. Keep them safe with...
- IDEAL FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THEIR PETS: Accidents happen and with this pet first aid kit it you can immediately address your pet's wounds or bites. Whether they are K9, Canine, Cat, or Feline, or other...
- ALWAYS BE READY FOR A PET EMERGENCY WITH THIS ADVENTURE DOG FIRST AID KIT: Bottle of Saline, Roll of Self-Adhering Elastic Wrap, Roll of PBT Gauze, Styptic Pencil (potassium alum), Ointment, Wipes,...
- EXCELLENT QUALITY, LIGHT WEIGHT: This Dog First Aid Kit is ready for your pet and the medical emergencies they face at home or on the road. All First Aid kit items are sterile and packaged with...
3. Labra Dog First Aid Kit
Need something a bit smaller that still covers the basics? The Labra Dog is a good option!
- With just 28 pieces, it’s small enough to fit right into your backpack.
- Weighs less than 7oz
- Meets and exceeds standards set by veterinarians
- With 28 pieces, it literally covers JUST the basics
- No antibiotic cream, no cortisone, and only 4 antiseptic wipes
- 28 PIECE KIT INCLUDES - Scissors, Tweezers, Pet Brush, Pair of Rubber Gloves, (1) 53" X 38" X 38" Triangle Bandage, (1) Non-woven Tape Roll, (1) 14.5' X 2" Woven Bandage Roll, (4) Antiseptic Cleaning...
- ENJOY THE OUTDOORS - Don't worry about your dog getting injured on your next hike. Stay prepared with the Labra Co. Pet First Aid Kit
- SUPPLIES FOR ALL INJURIES - Treat cuts, scrapes, sprains, strains, etc. with the wide variety of pet medical supplies included in the Labra Co. Pet First Aid Kit
- COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Pet First Aid Kit measures 8" X 5.5" and weighs less than 7 ounces
- SMALL BUSINESS - Labra Co. is a small business specializing in health products for dogs.
My top choice is definitely the hiking kit, mostly because it actually comes with antibiotic cream. I am always so shocked by how often this is omitted from first aid kits!
That said, if you’re taking along these essentials in your human first aid kit, then it’s okay to go with the first or third option.
Dog Sleeping Bags
If you’re picturing sticking your dog in a human-like sleeping bag and thinking, “now you’ve gone too far!” bear with me.
They’re more likely highly portable dog beds or all-season blankets than a canine version of the human sleeping bag.
As always, check the table for quick recommendations, then read on for more details.
| || || |
Perfect for dogs who sleep curled up
Waterproof and comes with carrying bag
Made with RipStop Material
1. Hurtta Outback Dreamer
- Designed specifically for dogs who like to sleep curled up
- Made of water-repellent and breathable machine-washable material
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- The pocket let’s dogs curl up inside of it like a real sleeping bag, or just lay on top of it like a blanket
- Not ideal for dogs that like to sleep sprawled out
- It’s a smidge on the pricey side for a dog blanket
- Sizes are a bit off, so get a size bigger than you think you’ll need
- USES – Great for camping, hiking or to take along with you as a portable dog bed
- DESIGN - This sleeping bag is designed for a dog's natural sleeping position, allowing your dog to curl up into it easily. Also great as a sleep mat
- HEAT REFLECTIVE - Features a heat-reflecting foil inside of the lining, giving the sleeping bad significant warmth for your dog on cold nights
- INSULATED - Constructed of water-repellent and breathable material, this bag features a warm wadding between the outer layer and the lining
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT - Lightweight and easy to carry, as well as being machine washable. Travel bag included
2. He&Ha Pet Dog Mat Portable Waterproof Pet Blanket
- Great multi-purpose blanket, so you can use it for more than just camping
- Made of durable water repellent fabric and cozy sherpa
- Comes with storage bag with a handle for transporting it
- The sherpa isn’t waterproof
- It’s a little on the thin side
- Even the large isn’t really big enough for larger breed dogs
- Multiple Functional Pet Blanket. Quality water resistant pet blankets for dogs and cats. Perfect for outdoor activities, such as picnic, camping, and sandy beach, as well as indoor use for sofa...
- Well Made Dog Blanket. Made of durable water repellent fabric and thicken sherpa backing keep your pets comfy, warm and dry. You no longer have to worry about your little friend wet the sofa or bed....
- Portable and Easy to Carry Around. A build-in storage bag with handle and quality zipper to store and carry the blanket.
- Cold water machine washable and quick dry. Hand washing with mild detergent is recommended. Air dry.
- Large Size: 47-inch in length and 35-inch in width.
3. Kurgo Waterproof Dog Roll
The Kurgo is a good option if your dog sleeps sprawled out and you need something that’s completely waterproof.
They make two colors- red and brown. We’re talking about the red one, as the brown has different material on the top layer.
- Both the top and the bottom is waterproof
- It’s quite compact when it’s rolled up
- Includes a lifetime warranty (only against defects)
- You’re sacrificing cozy material for the waterproof factor, and some say that top layer feels cheap
- The positioning of the handle makes it tempting for dogs who like to chew
- Kind of pricey for what it is
- Great for Travel & Adventure - Cozy portable dog bed is travel friendly and perfect for every outdoor adventure such as camping, hiking, road trips, and other vacations.
- Waterproof Top & Bottom Dog Bed – Camping dog bed has a durable water resistant top made of microtomic ripstop material with a waterproof Rufftex non-slip bottom.
- Portable Pet Bed Rolls Up for storage - Travel dog bed is portable for travel purposes; easily rolls up for storage in car or luggage bag and includes a handle for easy transport. Camping pillow...
- Outdoor Dog Bed Size – 2 sizes: Medium size when open- 27” x 36” x 2”, when rolled up- 12.5” x 8”, weighs 2.2 pounds ; Large size when open- 36” x 48” x 3”, when rolled up- 17” x...
If your dog sleeps curled up, I really do love the Hurtta Outback Dreamer. It’s the closest thing to an actual dog sleeping bag that I could find.
For sprawling dogs, it’s a toss-up between the Kurgo and the He&Ha.
The Kurgo is great if you need something that’s totally waterproof, but the He&Ha is a bit cozier.
Life Jackets for Dogs
If you’re planning to take your dog boating or swimming, a life jacket is a must.
The three below are the highest-rated life jackets according to at least 500 customers (versus a 5-star item according to 10 people).
| || || |
10 different colors and sizes from XS-L
4 colors and sizes from XS-XL
8 Stylish colors and sizes from XXS to XXL
1. Vivaglory New Sports Style Ripstop Dog Life Jacket
The Vivaglory comes in 10 vibrant colors and five sizes ranging from XS to XL, so it’s a good fit (literally) for most dogs.
- The design won’t hinder your dog’s natural movements
- Made of “Ripstop” oxford cloth for the utmost durability
- Uses heavy duty (yet comfy) fasteners to keep it on your dog
- The bright colors and reflective trim ensure that your dog is easy to spot at all times.
- Sizes run small. If your dog is even close to the next size up, get the bigger size.
- No free returns, so if you do get a size too small, you may end up paying more than the product costs to return it.
- New Sports Style Design: Exclusive patented Sports-style design lifejacket gives your beloved dog a new look and does not hinder his/her movement. Thoughtful strategically positioned neck design not...
- Safe Material: The materials of VIVAGLORY dog life jacket have passed CA65 test, keeping your dog safe wherever he/she roams. Upgraded ripstop 600D cloth makes our safety vest quite durable....
- Smart Neck Design: Our strategically positioned neck design provides more space for your beloved dogs and keeps them in a comfortable swimming position, ensuring their comfort and ease when wearing it
- Easy to Use: A center weighted durable grab handle makes it easy to carry him/her over any fallen danger or in cases of emergency. High quality fastening system with quick-release buckle create a...
- Have Dog, Will Travel: Pets are part of our family, and more pets than ever are joining their families on vacations. For those who travel to lakes, rivers, and coastal areas with their pets, it's...
2. Outward Hound Granby Splash Dog Life Jacket
Outward Hound’s life jacket is rated 4+ stars among over 4,000 customers, so they must be doing something right!
It comes in four colors/styles and sizes from XS to XL.
- Dual handles, so it’s easier to grab hold of your dog if he needs rescuing
- Bright colors and reflective tape keep him visible at all times
- It’s not bulky, so it won’t hinder your dog’s natural movements.
- Again, the sizes run a bit smaller than expected, so if your dog is on the cusp of the next size, order up
- The handles aren’t reinforced so they may tear when picking up a very large wet dog
- SIZING BASED ON GIRTH: Dogs come in all shapes and sizes. Whether your dog is short and stout or long and lanky, there's a dog life jacket fit for them. Available in sizes XS-XL and featuring...
- SPLASH WITH SAFETY: The Outward Hound Granby Splash life jacket for dogs is designed with bright colors and reflective accents to provide better visibility while swimming. A front neck float helps...
- NOVICE & EXPERIENCED SWIMMER-FRIENDLY: The Granby Splash dog life jacket is constructed with ripstop material that provides maximum buoyancy in the water without restricting movement on land....
- MULTI-HANDLE DESIGN: Dual grab handles make it easy to restrain and lift your dog out of the water and provide easy access.
- PLAY IT SAFE: No pet accessory is indestructible. Do not leave with unsupervised pets. Remove and replace if damaged.
3. Paws Aboard Dog Life Jacket Vest
The Paws Aboard life jacket comes in 8 colors and ranges from XXS to XL.
- Vibrant colors and reflective strips to increase visibility
- Made of quick-drying, breathable neoprene fabrics
- Includes a breathable mesh fabric underbelly to promote water drainage
- Some customers complain that the fabric tears after multiple uses (several times a week)
- Once again, the sizes are a bit off and it runs small
- SAFETY - Cozy and secure fit with constructed buoyancy. Our life jackets provide peace of mind during water activities with your canine. Features new, reflective strips for maximum visibility, and...
- MULTIPLE SIZES - Paws Aboard Dog Life Jackets are available in XX-small, X-small, Small, Medium, Large and X-large sizes. Dogs come in all shapes and sizes, so should their safety!
- CONVENIENT - We've included a handle on top of the life vest for quick and easy grabbing during emergencies or water activities. Our hook in loop fastening system keeps the lifevest securely fastened...
- VARIOUS COLORS - Make a splash with our dog life jackets, available in a range of colors and designs to choose from. These include: racing flames, pink polka dots, nautical dogs, blue & yellow, grey...
- ABOUT US: Fido Pet Products is a family owned business. As lifelong pet owners, we live an active outdoor lifestyle and consider our pets beloved family members. We develop and deliver quality pet...
As you can see, pretty much every life jacket has the same “con,” the sizing is off.
If you take that out of the equation, I would recommend the Outward Hound life jacket. It’s budget-friendly and the highest rated overall.
Dog Camping Chairs
What are dog camping chairs? I’m glad you asked! They’re basically a cross between a portable elevated dog bed and a fold-up “stadium” chair.
While they’re not a necessity, they’re definitely a “nice to have” item! Check out my favorites!
| || || |
Great from medium to large breeds up to 95 pounds
Curved back, smart air flow
Heavy-duty water resistant polyester
| || |
1. Carlson Pet Products Folding Pet Cot
The Carlson reminds me a lot of the Kuranda or Cujo Cot, except with folding legs. Let’s look at the pros and cons
- Although it only comes in one size (see below) it holds up to 95lbs
- The elevated design makes it easy on your dog’s joints
- Comes with a handy carrying case
- Only comes in one size designed for medium to large puppers, so it’s not ideal for tiny dogs or giant breeds.
- It’s not the most durable bed, so you couldn’t use it as an everyday cot at home
- Fold and go design
- Elevated pet bed is easy on joints
- Compact design perfect for on the go comfort
- 47 inches long by 24.5 inches wide by 7 inches tall
- Great from medium to large breeds up to 95 pounds
2. Gen7Pets Trailblazer Blue Cool-Air Cot for Dogs
I really love the look of the Gen7Pets cot, don’t you? While it does come in two sizes, only one appears to be available on Amazon right now.
- The mesh fabric promotes air flow to keep your dog cool
- The curved back is perfect for dogs who like to curl up against something
- Elevated design keeps the bed off the ground and eases strain on your dog’s joints
- Only comes in one size (at least on Amazon)
- Not designed for everyday use (the seams aren’t the most durable with repeat use)
- Cool-Air Cot: Raised 7" off the ground and made up of a furniture-grade mesh that provides Smart Air-Flow comfort, the Trailblazer Cool-Air Cot is perfect for dogs and cats up to 60 lbs
- Above And Beyond: Your pet will be safe from muddy, hot, or wet grounds when camping, traveling, at the beach, or by the pool; The Cool-Air cot drains water, won't rust, and is easy to transport and...
- Approved By Best Friends: Gen7Pets full line of products includes pet strollers, carriers, ramps, and steps with smart-features components, stylish-fashion, and simple-functionality for you and your...
- Best Safety: Through quality, smartly designed products, Gen7Pets seeks to provide solutions that evoke trust, comfort and happiness; Our products make life with your pet just a little easier
- Just For Pets: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, birds, and other furry friends; Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm and Hammer, Booda, Chuckit, and more
3. HDP Elevated Napper Cot Space Saver Pet Bed
Of the top three dog camping chairs, the HDP offers the most variety in terms of colors and sizes. Let’s take a look.
- Two sizes (M & L) and four color choices
- Made of heavy duty water-resistant fabric
- Folds up nice and compact into a carrying case
- The large only fits dogs up to 40lbs, so no options for big breeds
- Not the most durable (again, it’s not for everyday use)
- Heavy-duty water resistant polyester oxford
- Powder coated, rust-resistant frame
- Protects pets from uncomfortable cold, hot, damp, and uneven surfaces
- For Pets up to 30 Lb
- Medium 27" x 27" x 7.5"
As we can see, none of these camping chairs for dogs are really made for heavy, long-term use.
If you camp every weekend, you’re better off getting an actual elevated dog bed. The AmazonBasics is a good inexpensive choice.
That said, if you really want a portable cot, any of the above would fit your needs. The best one really depends on the size of your dog.
Other Camping Gear for Dogs
While we’ve covered the essentials and some “nice to haves” above, there’s still a whole world of camping gear for dogs that we haven’t even begun to explore!
My recommendation for those items: read through the reviews very carefully.
Choose from items that not only have high ratings, but a lot of satisfied customers.
In other words, a 4-star product according to 5,000 customers may be better than a 5-star product according to just a handful of customers.
We’ll explore more dog camping accessories in the future (like I said, there’s a whole world of them out there) but for now, if you have any specifics that you’d like to see covered, tell us below!
What are some of your favorite dog camping accessories? Share below, along with other gear you’d like to learn more about!
Last update on 2023-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API