If you’re searching for bully sticks reviews, chances are you’ve been hearing a lot about how great they are!
Does your dog like to chew?
Are you reluctant to give him a rawhide bone?
Well, you’re in luck, as there is a safer and more satisfying dog chew.
In this post, we will cover the facts about bully sticks and review the top 7 best bully sticks & chews on the market today.
Content & Quick Navigation
What are Bully Sticks?
If you think the Bully Stick is just another “rawhide” you’d be mistaken. The bully stick is made from a dried steer or bull penis – yes, you read that right!
However, once you get over the initial ewww factor, you may be surprised to learn that the bully stick is a healthier alternative to traditional rawhide treats.
These dog chews are also known as “pizzle sticks” (because that sounds better than the real source). They come in dried, raw, or cooked and in a variety of flavors and sizes, including braided.
What Are the Benefits of Bully Sticks for Dogs?
Let’s check out the benefits of giving your dogs bully sticks!
- Because the bully stick is made from protein muscle, it won’t splinter as bones do.
- They are very digestible and last a long time due to their hard consistency – some dogs destroy pig’s ears in a few minutes flat, but the bully stick is naturally longer-lasting.
- Bully sticks are also a good source of protein and taurine, which help keep your canine’s organs and muscles healthy.
- They also work to keep your dog’s teeth clean – all that chewing and gnawing scrapes away plaque.
Even though there are many advantages to the bully stick, first-time buyers will want to be aware that the uncooked pizzles, and those that have not been dried long enough, will carry an odor.
Your pooch won’t mind (in fact, that will most likely only make it more appealing), but don’t let your pup chew this snack on your good sofa or new carpet.
What to Watch For When Using Bully Sticks for Dogs
As with any dog chew, there are some things to keep in mind when feeding your pooch a bully stick.
- If the pizzle stick is poorly cooked or dried, bacteria can become an issue.
- Make sure the bully sticks you choose have been thoroughly cooked to avoid contamination.
- You will also want to be sure to wash your hands after handling one of these dog chews.
- If you have a small dog, know that pizzles are high enough in calories that it can pack on the pounds, so use as a once-a-month treat.
- Lastly, remove the bully stick when it becomes too small to be safe.
- Like rawhides, the pizzle can become lodged in your dog’s throat which can lead to choking or even death – always supervise your dog bully stick sessions!
The Top 7 Best Bully Sticks & Chews for Dogs
Now that we now all about these rawhide alternatives let’s check out our bully sticks reviews! Take a peek at the table, then read on for more details about each.
The quality is in the title with the Best Bully Sticks Supreme. These chews are made from high-quality, grass-fed, free-range beef.
They are free from additives, hormones, and those unhealthy chemicals. Plus, they come in a handy six-inch size that will work for most breeds of canines.
- Available in 25 and 50 pack
- High in protein
- Highly digestible
- All naturally sourced
- The price point is on the higher end.
What We Like – It’s nice to have a product that is all natural and sourced from grass-fed, free-range beef.
Jack & Pup Premium Grade Bully sticks are sourced from grass-fed, free-range cattle which have been raised without any added hormones or antibiotics.
These bully sticks have also been processed in a USDA Human Grade Certified and Inspected facility.
Plus, each dog chew is handpicked and inspected to ensure quality, texture and perfect consistency – your pooch will enjoy its’ delicious and fresh meaty flavor!
- Guaranteed quality
- 100% beef muscle
- Each stick has been prepared by boiling, roasting, and smoking; then drying in a slow process.
- High price point
What We Like – A big selling point is the odor-free and handpicked for quality.
Nature’s Gnaws bully sticks are made from 100% all-natural, grass-fed, free-range beef.
They are oven-baked without added hormones, preservatives or colors and are grain-free. These beef chews are easily digestible.
This company also does not treat their bully sticks with any nasty chemicals to help eliminate odors.
- All-natural ingredients
- No added chemicals
- Reasonably priced
- The company offers a variety of bully stick sizes and package quantity
- May not be suitable for large breed dogs
What We Like – the company sources their sticks from free-range and grass-fed cattle.
The Cadet Gourmet Bull Sticks are made from grass-fed, free-range cattle with no added by-products, fillers, or preservatives.
These chews naturally clean your dog’s teeth, which helps prevent tartar build up.
Cadet Gourmet chews are real meat snacks so you can feel good about feeding them to your pet.
- No additives
- No preservatives
- Sourced from grass-fed, free-range beef
- High price point
What We Like – These bull sticks are all-natural and provide a healthy alternative to rawhide .
These bully sticks are USDA/FDA approved for quality – all bully sticks pass rigorous testing and are thoroughly hand inspected before being offered to the public.
They are sourced from high-quality, free-range, grass-fed beef with no chemicals, preservatives, antibiotics or additives.
These dog chews are high in protein, low fat, and packed with essential vitamins to help ensure a healthy diet.
- All natural
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- No added chemicals
- Hand inspected for quality
- 12 inch long sticks may be too large for smaller dogs
What We Like – Hand-inspected for quality control.
Sancho & Lola’s Bully Sticks are made in the USA from one ingredient, beef. No chemicals are used in the cleaning process.
No growth-hormones, fillers or dyes either – so the colors will vary as they do in nature.
These dog chews are hand-sorted and packed by weight to ensure consistency.
- Comes in a variety of sizes and package counts
- Moderate odor ‘relative’ to other natural bully sticks.
- Naturally sourced
- Best suited for medium dogs who are not aggressive chewers.
What We Like – These chews are naturally grain-free and will floss and clean your dog’s teeth and gums.
These low odor bully sticks are sourced from free-range, grass-fed beef.
This company creates only the highest quality products because they love keeping your pets healthy.
The products are formulated to include the optimal combination of complete, whole-food nutrition, and premium ingredients. It’s seriously awesome pet food, fur real!
- One ingredient makes these bully sticks highly digestible
- High in protein
- No fillers are used
- Low odor
- Relatively inexpensive
- Only available in two sizes
What We Like – the company is involved with animal shelters to give back to the community.
Bully sticks are a healthy alternative to traditional rawhides or bones. If you are looking for a delicious and nutritious dog chew, why not give the bully stick a try?
What are your thoughts on these bully sticks reviews? Do you have anything to add? Share below!