If you’re searching for bully sticks reviews, chances are you’ve been hearing a lot about how great they are!
Does your dog like to chew?
Are you reluctant to give him a rawhide bone?
Well, you’re in luck, as there is a safer and more satisfying dog chew.
In this post, we will cover the facts about bully sticks and review the top 7 best bully sticks & chews on the market today.
What are Bully Sticks?
If you think the Bully Stick is just another “rawhide” you’d be mistaken. The bully stick is made from a dried steer or bull penis – yes, you read that right!
However, once you get over the initial ewww factor, you may be surprised to learn that the bully stick is a healthier alternative to traditional rawhide treats.
These dog chews are also known as “pizzle sticks” (because that sounds better than the real source). They come in dried, raw, or cooked and in a variety of flavors and sizes, including braided.
What Are the Benefits of Bully Sticks for Dogs?
Let’s check out the benefits of giving your dogs bully sticks!
- Because the bully stick is made from protein muscle, it won’t splinter as bones do.
- They are very digestible and last a long time due to their hard consistency – some dogs destroy pig’s ears in a few minutes flat, but the bully stick is naturally longer-lasting.
- Bully sticks are also a good source of protein and taurine, which help keep your canine’s organs and muscles healthy.
- They also work to keep your dog’s teeth clean – all that chewing and gnawing scrapes away plaque.
Even though there are many advantages to the bully stick, first-time buyers will want to be aware that the uncooked pizzles, and those that have not been dried long enough, will carry an odor.
Your pooch won’t mind (in fact, that will most likely only make it more appealing), but don’t let your pup chew this snack on your good sofa or new carpet.
What to Watch For When Using Bully Sticks for Dogs
As with any dog chew, there are some things to keep in mind when feeding your pooch a bully stick.
- If the pizzle stick is poorly cooked or dried, bacteria can become an issue.
- Make sure the bully sticks you choose have been thoroughly cooked to avoid contamination.
- You will also want to be sure to wash your hands after handling one of these dog chews.
- If you have a small dog, know that pizzles are high enough in calories that it can pack on the pounds, so use as a once-a-month treat.
- Lastly, remove the bully stick when it becomes too small to be safe.
- Like rawhides, the pizzle can become lodged in your dog’s throat which can lead to choking or even death – always supervise your dog bully stick sessions!
The Top 7 Best Bully Sticks & Chews for Dogs
Now that we now all about these rawhide alternatives let’s check out our bully sticks reviews! Take a peek at the table, then read on for more details about each.
The quality is in the title with the Best Bully Sticks Supreme. These chews are made from high-quality, grass-fed, free-range beef.
They are free from additives, hormones, and those unhealthy chemicals. Plus, they come in a handy six-inch size that will work for most breeds of canines.
- Available in 25 and 50 pack
- High in protein
- Highly digestible
- All naturally sourced
- The price point is on the higher end.
What We Like – It’s nice to have a product that is all natural and sourced from grass-fed, free-range beef.
- 100% NATURAL: Best Bully Sticks are a single-ingredient dog treat, making them one of the most natural and nutritious chews available for your pup. These high-quality dog chews are 100% beef, and contain no artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, or other additives.
- FOR MEDIUM TO STRONG CHEWERS: our 6-inch bully stick is a perfect fit. The standard size is ideal for most dogs, including larger breeds. This treat will keep light chewers occupied when you need some time for yourself. It's wonderful for combating boredom and calming hyperactive or anxious dogs. Give a 6-inch bully stick as a special reward or treat your pup every day!
- PROMOTES DENTAL HEALTH: Durable and long-lasting, Best Bully Sticks scrape away tartar and plaque from the gumline through chewing action and saliva generation required to eat each bully stick. They promote good dental health and support your dog's brain, muscles, skin, and coat.
- NATURAL SCENT: Our Bully Sticks are 100% natural with no artificial preservatives or additives. This means they may contain a natural scent which you might not love but your pup will go CRAZY for!
- EXCELLENT ALTERNATIVE TO RAWHIDE: Best Bully Sticks are an excellent alternative to rawhide and are safer than traditional dog chews. They promote good dental health and support your dog's brain, muscles, skin, and coat. Our bully sticks are rawhide-free, and free of any hormones or unhealthy chemicals.
Jack & Pup Premium Grade Bully sticks are sourced from grass-fed, free-range cattle which have been raised without any added hormones or antibiotics.
These bully sticks have also been processed in a USDA Human Grade Certified and Inspected facility.
Plus, each dog chew is handpicked and inspected to ensure quality, texture and perfect consistency – your pooch will enjoy its’ delicious and fresh meaty flavor!
- Guaranteed quality
- 100% beef muscle
- Each stick has been prepared by boiling, roasting, and smoking; then drying in a slow process.
- High price point
What We Like – A big selling point is the odor-free and handpicked for quality.
- Top Quality & Healthy – Jack & Pup Premium Grade Thick Bully sticks are sourced from grass fed, free range cattle; raised without any added hormones or antibiotics, resulting in a healthier and better tasting treat. Processed in a USDA Human Grade Certified and Inspected facility. Each bully stick is handpicked and inspected to ensure quality, texture and perfect consistency. Your canine will enjoy its’ delicious and fresh meaty flavor!
- 100% Digestible & Safe – Guaranteed to be fully digestible and guaranteed not to cause any side-effects. Jack&Pup Bully Sticks are a natural, low-fat and protein-rich, one-ingredient dog chew treat, being 100% beef muscle without any additives or artificial ingredients. Our careful and natural preparation of the bully sticks effectively eliminates all bacteria and contaminates; making its’ consumption fully safe.
- Supports Healthy Teeth & Gums – By ensuring its’ consistently perfect texture and thickness, Jack&Pup Bully sticks helps keep the dog’s teeth healthy and clean. Effectively removes tartar build-up, strengthens the gums, removes plaque and promotes an overall enhanced oral health.
- Perfect Thickness & Long Lasting – Each Bully Stick is hand selected and sorted to ensure its’ consistent thickness. Jack&Pup Bully Sticks are never stretched, resulting in a longer lasting than regular bully sticks. Jack&Pup Bully sticks are extremely safe and will never splinter. Keep your dog occupied for many hours, while chewing away on this savory beefy and flavorful dog treat!
- Naturally Odor Free & Fresh – Jack&Pup Premium Bully Sticks are carefully prepared by boiling, roasting and smoking; then drying in a slow process. The multi-step process effectively locks-in the natural beef flavor resulting in an enhanced richness that dogs love. At the same time, the propriety process naturally eliminates all odors, without the use of any additives or chemicals. Stays fresh longer without any added preservatives.
Nature’s Gnaws bully sticks are made from 100% all-natural, grass-fed, free-range beef.
They are oven-baked without added hormones, preservatives or colors and are grain-free. These beef chews are easily digestible.
This company also does not treat their bully sticks with any nasty chemicals to help eliminate odors.
- All-natural ingredients
- No added chemicals
- Reasonably priced
- The company offers a variety of bully stick sizes and package quantity
- May not be suitable for large breed dogs
What We Like – the company sources their sticks from free-range and grass-fed cattle.
- SINGLE INGREDIENT DOG CHEWS - Made with only 100% natural premium quality Beef Bully Sticks.
- RAWHIDE FREE TREATS – Best alternative to chemically made rawhide bones or manufactured dental sticks.
- SUPPORTS DENTAL HEALTH – Chewing helps reduce plaque and tartar for cleaner teeth and fresher breath.
- SAFE & RESPONSIBLE COMPANY – Our 5-step safety process includes: fresh raw material sourcing, irradiation, food-grade lab testing, hand packaging in the USA and UV disinfection of our facility. From the farm to your fur baby, we manage, and quality check every single step.
- LONG LASTING STIMULATION & TASTY – Perfect reward to occupy and entertain Puppies, Small Breeds or Light Chewing Seniors. Dogs love the tasty beef flavor and chewy thick texture.
The Cadet Gourmet Bull Sticks are made from grass-fed, free-range cattle with no added by-products, fillers, or preservatives.
These chews naturally clean your dog’s teeth, which helps prevent tartar build up.
Cadet Gourmet chews are real meat snacks so you can feel good about feeding them to your pet.
- No additives
- No preservatives
- Sourced from grass-fed, free-range beef
- High price point
What We Like – These bull sticks are all-natural and provide a healthy alternative to rawhide .
- Made from grass-fed free-range cattle
- No by-products, fillers, or preservatives
- Cleans teeth and helps prevent tartar build up
- Cadet Gourmet real meat snacks
- Grain and Gluten Free
These bully sticks are USDA/FDA approved for quality – all bully sticks pass rigorous testing and are thoroughly hand inspected before being offered to the public.
They are sourced from high-quality, free-range, grass-fed beef with no chemicals, preservatives, antibiotics or additives.
These dog chews are high in protein, low fat, and packed with essential vitamins to help ensure a healthy diet.
- All natural
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- No added chemicals
- Hand inspected for quality
- 12 inch long sticks may be too large for smaller dogs
What We Like – Hand-inspected for quality control.
- 100% digestible bully sticks for large dogs, medium dogs, and small dogs! Your best friend will love these premium bully sticks.
- Our dog chew sticks are USDA certified, 100% all natural beef bully sticks, from free range grass fed beef with no preservatives or antibiotics.
- Healthy for your pup and great for dental care. Give your dog a high protein bully chew and their teeth will be pearly white and strong.
- We pride ourselves in offering the best bully stick available. Be confident and stock up on our natural bully sticks for dogs.
- Our large bully sticks are long lasting and are a great chewing treat for dog. If your dog isn't 100% happy, we'll refund your money with no questions asked.
Sancho & Lola’s Bully Sticks are made in the USA from one ingredient, beef. No chemicals are used in the cleaning process.
No growth-hormones, fillers or dyes either – so the colors will vary as they do in nature.
These dog chews are hand-sorted and packed by weight to ensure consistency.
- Comes in a variety of sizes and package counts
- Moderate odor ‘relative’ to other natural bully sticks.
- Naturally sourced
- Best suited for medium dogs who are not aggressive chewers.
What We Like – These chews are naturally grain-free and will floss and clean your dog’s teeth and gums.
- QUALITY: Made from top-grade beef, then hand-sorted and packed by weight to ensure consistency. 5-6 sticks depending on batch. 1.4-2.0oz each. These are best for Medium Dogs or aggressive chewing small ones.
- MADE IN USA (processed, inspected and packed) in our facilities in Texas and Nebraska. Farmed in strictly in North and South American regions known for quality, free-range grass-fed cattle.
- COMPLETELY NATURAL: One Ingredient-beef. No fillers or dyes so colors will vary as they do in nature. Some batches will have more of an odor than others.
- KEEPS YOUR DOG BUSY: A busy dog is a good dog. Your shoes and furniture will be spared. Can be a great stress reliever during a time your pup is recovering from surgery or is being crate trained.
- DENTAL CARE: A bully’s natural muscle fibers stimulate gums and removes tartar build-up from teeth. Sancho & Lola get better dental checkups!
These low odor bully sticks are sourced from free-range, grass-fed beef.
This company creates only the highest quality products because they love keeping your pets healthy.
The products are formulated to include the optimal combination of complete, whole-food nutrition, and premium ingredients. It’s seriously awesome pet food, fur real!
- One ingredient makes these bully sticks highly digestible
- High in protein
- No fillers are used
- Low odor
- Relatively inexpensive
- Only available in two sizes
What We Like – the company is involved with animal shelters to give back to the community.
- FREE RANGING: Made from free range, grass fed beef raised without the use of antibiotics or added hormones.
- LIMITED INGREDIENT: These simple, squeaky clean, single ingredient chews are great for small breed and large breed pups, adults, puppies and senior dogs.
- NO FILLERS, ALL LOVE: No by-product meals, wheat, corn, soy, rice, artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors. Nothing weird or scary.
- HIGHLY DIGESTIBLE: Delicious, natural and safe alternative to rawhide.Plus they won’t stain carpets or rugs.
- PROTIEN RICH: Our Free Range Chews are high in protein and low in fat.They’re great for treats, as an everyday snack, or whenever you need your dog to do something other than drool on your couch for twenty minutes at a clip.
- PROMOTES HEALTHY TEETH: Chewing promotes dental health, plus these are way tastier to chew on than shoes.
Bully sticks are a healthy alternative to traditional rawhides or bones. If you are looking for a delicious and nutritious dog chew, why not give the bully stick a try?
What are your thoughts on these bully sticks reviews? Do you have anything to add? Share below!
Last update on 2022-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API