If you’re searching for bully sticks reviews, chances are you’ve been hearing a lot about how great they are!
Does your dog like to chew?
Are you reluctant to give him a rawhide bone?
Well, you’re in luck, as there is a safer and more satisfying dog chew.
In this post, we will cover the facts about bully sticks and review the top 7 best bully sticks & chews on the market today.
What are Bully Sticks?
If you think the Bully Stick is just another “rawhide” you’d be mistaken. The bully stick is made from a dried steer or bull penis – yes, you read that right!
However, once you get over the initial ewww factor, you may be surprised to learn that the bully stick is a healthier alternative to traditional rawhide treats.
These dog chews are also known as “pizzle sticks” (because that sounds better than the real source). They come in dried, raw, or cooked and in a variety of flavors and sizes, including braided.
What Are the Benefits of Bully Sticks for Dogs?
Let’s check out the benefits of giving your dogs bully sticks!
- Because the bully stick is made from protein muscle, it won’t splinter as bones do.
- They are very digestible and last a long time due to their hard consistency – some dogs destroy pig’s ears in a few minutes flat, but the bully stick is naturally longer-lasting.
- Bully sticks are also a good source of protein and taurine, which help keep your canine’s organs and muscles healthy.
- They also work to keep your dog’s teeth clean – all that chewing and gnawing scrapes away plaque.
Even though there are many advantages to the bully stick, first-time buyers will want to be aware that the uncooked pizzles, and those that have not been dried long enough, will carry an odor.
Your pooch won’t mind (in fact, that will most likely only make it more appealing), but don’t let your pup chew this snack on your good sofa or new carpet.
What to Watch For When Using Bully Sticks for Dogs
As with any dog chew, there are some things to keep in mind when feeding your pooch a bully stick.
- If the pizzle stick is poorly cooked or dried, bacteria can become an issue.
- Make sure the bully sticks you choose have been thoroughly cooked to avoid contamination.
- You will also want to be sure to wash your hands after handling one of these dog chews.
- If you have a small dog, know that pizzles are high enough in calories that it can pack on the pounds, so use as a once-a-month treat.
- Lastly, remove the bully stick when it becomes too small to be safe.
- Like rawhides, the pizzle can become lodged in your dog’s throat which can lead to choking or even death – always supervise your dog bully stick sessions!
The Top 7 Best Bully Sticks & Chews for Dogs
Now that we now all about these rawhide alternatives let’s check out our bully sticks reviews! Take a peek at the table, then read on for more details about each.
The quality is in the title with the Best Bully Sticks Supreme. These chews are made from high-quality, grass-fed, free-range beef.
They are free from additives, hormones, and those unhealthy chemicals. Plus, they come in a handy six-inch size that will work for most breeds of canines.
- Available in 25 and 50 pack
- High in protein
- Highly digestible
- All naturally sourced
- The price point is on the higher end.
What We Like – It’s nice to have a product that is all natural and sourced from grass-fed, free-range beef.
- 100% ALL-NATURAL BEEF: Our high in protein bully sticks are made from high-quality, free-range, grass-fed beef
- PROMOTES DENTAL HEALTH: Durable and long-lasting, our bully sticks scrape away tartar and plaque from the gumline through chewing action
- NATURAL SCENT: Our Supreme Bully Sticks are a completely natural healthy dog treat. This means they may contain a natural scent which you might not love but your pup will go crazy for!
- FULLY DIGESTIBLE Made of natural beef, these 100% digestible dog chews never splinter and are totally safe for your pet
- EXCELLENT ALTERNATIVE TO RAWHIDE Our bully sticks are free of any additives, hormones or unhealthy chemicals
Jack & Pup Premium Grade Bully sticks are sourced from grass-fed, free-range cattle which have been raised without any added hormones or antibiotics.
These bully sticks have also been processed in a USDA Human Grade Certified and Inspected facility.
Plus, each dog chew is handpicked and inspected to ensure quality, texture and perfect consistency – your pooch will enjoy its’ delicious and fresh meaty flavor!
- Guaranteed quality
- 100% beef muscle
- Each stick has been prepared by boiling, roasting, and smoking; then drying in a slow process.
- High price point
What We Like – A big selling point is the odor-free and handpicked for quality.
- TOP QUALITY & HEALTHY – Jack&Pup Premium Grade Thick Bully sticks are sourced from grass fed, free range cattle; raised without any added hormones or antibiotics, resulting in a healthier and better tasting treat. Processed in a USDA Human Grade Certified and Inspected facility. Each bully stick is handpicked and inspected to ensure quality, texture and perfect consistency. Your canine will enjoy its’ delicious and fresh meaty flavor!
- 100% DIGESTIBLE & SAFE – Guaranteed to be fully digestible and guaranteed not to cause any side-effects. Jack&Pup Bully Sticks are a natural, low-fat and protein-rich, one-ingredient dog chew treat, being 100% beef muscle without any additives or artificial ingredients. Our careful and natural preparation of the bully sticks effectively eliminates all bacteria and contaminates; making its’ consumption fully safe.
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY TEETH & GUMS – By ensuring its’ consistently perfect texture and thickness, Jack&Pup Bully sticks helps keep the dog’s teeth healthy and clean. Effectively removes tartar build-up, strengthens the gums, removes plaque and promotes an overall enhanced oral health.
- PERFECT THICKNESS & LONG LASTING – Each Bully Stick is hand selected and sorted to ensure its’ consistent thickness. Jack&Pup Bully Sticks are never stretched, resulting in a longer lasting than regular bully sticks. Jack&Pup Bully sticks are extremely safe and will never splinter. Keep your dog occupied for many hours, while chewing away on this savory beefy and flavorful dog treat!
- NATURALLY ODOR FREE & FRESH – Jack&Pup Premium Bully Sticks are carefully prepared by boiling, roasting and smoking; then drying in a slow process. The multi-step process effectively locks-in the natural beef flavor resulting in an enhanced richness that dogs love. At the same time, the propriety process naturally eliminates all odors, without the use of any additives or chemicals. Stays fresh longer without any added preservatives.
Nature’s Gnaws bully sticks are made from 100% all-natural, grass-fed, free-range beef.
They are oven-baked without added hormones, preservatives or colors and are grain-free. These beef chews are easily digestible.
This company also does not treat their bully sticks with any nasty chemicals to help eliminate odors.
- All-natural ingredients
- No added chemicals
- Reasonably priced
- The company offers a variety of bully stick sizes and package quantity
- May not be suitable for large breed dogs
What We Like – the company sources their sticks from free-range and grass-fed cattle.
- SINGLE INGREDIENT DOG CHEWS - Made with only 100% Natural Grass-Fed Free-Range Premium Quality Beef Bully Sticks. High Protein, Grain Free and Low Odor.
- RAWHIDE FREE TREATS – Best Alternative to Chemically Made Rawhide Bones and Chips. Cleaned with Water and Oven Baked to Pawfection. No Additives or Artificial Ingredients.
- SUPPORTS DENTAL HEALTH – Daily Chewing helps reduce plaque and tartar for healthy and strong teeth and gums. Can also help eliminate Bad Breath for Dogs.
- SAFE & RESPONSIBLE COMPANY – Our 5 Step Safety Process includes: Fresh Raw Material Sourcing, Irradiation, Professional Lab Testing, Hand Packaging in the USA and UV Disinfection of our Facility.
- LONG LASTING & TASTY – Perfect Training Reward to occupy a Puppy, Small or Medium Breeds. All Dogs will love the tasty beef flavor and chewy goodness. Simple, Natural, Delicious.
The Cadet Gourmet Bull Sticks are made from grass-fed, free-range cattle with no added by-products, fillers, or preservatives.
These chews naturally clean your dog’s teeth, which helps prevent tartar build up.
Cadet Gourmet chews are real meat snacks so you can feel good about feeding them to your pet.
- No additives
- No preservatives
- Sourced from grass-fed, free-range beef
- High price point
What We Like – These bull sticks are all-natural and provide a healthy alternative to rawhide .
- Made from grass-fed free-range cattle
- No by-products, fillers, or preservatives
- Cleans teeth and helps prevent tartar build up
- Cadet Gourmet real meat snacks
- Grain and Gluten Free
These bully sticks are USDA/FDA approved for quality – all bully sticks pass rigorous testing and are thoroughly hand inspected before being offered to the public.
They are sourced from high-quality, free-range, grass-fed beef with no chemicals, preservatives, antibiotics or additives.
These dog chews are high in protein, low fat, and packed with essential vitamins to help ensure a healthy diet.
- All natural
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- No added chemicals
- Hand inspected for quality
- 12 inch long sticks may be too large for smaller dogs
What We Like – Hand-inspected for quality control.
- 100% DIGESTIBLE ALL NATURAL BEEF: Made from high-quality, free-range, grass-fed beef; No chemicals, preservatives, antibiotics or additives
- HEALTHY & HIGH IN PROTEIN: High protein, low fat and packed with essential vitamins to help ensure a healthy diet; Acts as a toothbrush to help keep your dog’s teeth and gums clean
- PERFECT FOR ALL DOGS: Available in two sizes to help keep any dog calm and content; Our large bully sticks are long lasting, keeping your dog occupied and less destructive
- USDA APPROVED: We stand by our product one hundred percent and never cut corners; All bully sticks pass rigorous testing and are thoroughly hand inspected before being offered to the public
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: If you're not 100% happy with your purchase or your dogs do not absolutely love our bully sticks, we will refund your money with no questions asked
Sancho & Lola’s Bully Sticks are made in the USA from one ingredient, beef. No chemicals are used in the cleaning process.
No growth-hormones, fillers or dyes either – so the colors will vary as they do in nature.
These dog chews are hand-sorted and packed by weight to ensure consistency.
- Comes in a variety of sizes and package counts
- Moderate odor ‘relative’ to other natural bully sticks.
- Naturally sourced
- Best suited for medium dogs who are not aggressive chewers.
What We Like – These chews are naturally grain-free and will floss and clean your dog’s teeth and gums.
- QUALITY: Made from top-grade beef, then hand-sorted and packed by weight to insure consistency. 5-6 sticks depending on batch. 1.4-2.0oz each. These are best for Medium Dogs or aggressive chewing small ones.
- MADE IN USA (processed, inspected and packed) in FDA registered facilities in Texas and Nebraska. Farmed in strictly in North and South American regions known for quality, free-range grass-fed cattle.
- COMPLETELY NATURAL: One Ingredient--beef. No chemicals used in cleaning process. No fillers or dyes so colors will vary as they do in nature. Some batches will have more of an odor than others.
- KEEPS YOUR DOG BUSY: A busy dog is a good dog. Your shoes and furniture will be spared. Can be a great stress reliever during a time your pup is recovering from surgery or is being crate trained.
- DENTAL CARE: A bully’s natural muscle fibers stimulate gums and removes tartar build-up from teeth. Sancho & Lola get better dental checkups!
These low odor bully sticks are sourced from free-range, grass-fed beef.
This company creates only the highest quality products because they love keeping your pets healthy.
The products are formulated to include the optimal combination of complete, whole-food nutrition, and premium ingredients. It’s seriously awesome pet food, fur real!
- One ingredient makes these bully sticks highly digestible
- High in protein
- No fillers are used
- Low odor
- Relatively inexpensive
- Only available in two sizes
What We Like – the company is involved with animal shelters to give back to the community.
- FREE RANGING: Made from free range, grass fed beef raised without the use of antibiotics or added hormones.
- LIMITED INGREDIENT: These simple, squeaky clean, single ingredient chews are great for small breed and large breed pups, adults, puppies and senior dogs.
- NO FILLERS, ALL LOVE: No by-product meals, wheat, corn, soy, rice, artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors. Nothing weird or scary.
- HIGHLY DIGESTIBLE: Delicious, natural and safe alternative to rawhide.Plus they won’t stain carpets or rugs.
- PROTIEN RICH: Our Free Range Chews are high in protein and low in fat.They’re great for treats, as an everyday snack, or whenever you need your dog to do something other than drool on your couch for twenty minutes at a clip.
- PROMOTES HEALTHY TEETH: Chewing promotes dental health, plus these are way tastier to chew on than shoes.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. We too are pet parents and believe in 100% happiness. Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it right. We'd pinky swear if, like, pets had fingers.
Bully sticks are a healthy alternative to traditional rawhides or bones. If you are looking for a delicious and nutritious dog chew, why not give the bully stick a try?
What are your thoughts on these bully sticks reviews? Do you have anything to add? Share below!
Last update on 2020-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API