If you’re looking for the best portable dog baths that you can use pretty much anywhere, I’ve got you covered.
Each one of my top choices is easy enough to set up either indoors or outside.
In other words, as long as you have access to water, you’ll have no trouble getting Fido squeaky clean!
If you just want to grab my top choice right now, check out the BaileyBear Porta Tubby. (Affiliate link)
What are portable dog baths?
Yes, the name says it all, but I’d still like to explain a bit about what I’m looking for when I say “portable dog bath” so you know we’re on the same page.
Basically, they’re tubs that don’t need to be hooked up to a water supply the way professional grooming tubs do.
In other words, you can use buckets or a hose to fill them up when you’re ready to bathe your dog, then drain or dump the water when you’re done.
They’re also easy enough to pull out when you need them and store away when you don’t.
Now that we know we’re talking about the same thing, let’s quickly decide if a portable tub is even right for your dog before we check out my recommendations.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Is a portable dog bath right for my dog?
The answer, as always, is “it depends.” How big is your dog? How often do you bathe him? Do you have multiple dogs that need regular baths? Let’s break each one down a bit.
How big is your dog?
I have some good news and some bad news.
The good news? For those of you with toy to the smaller end of the medium size spectrum, a portable bath is just fine for your dog.
The bad? Those of us with the bigger end of the medium category and up will have a hard time finding a truly portable dog tub. I did find us one option, though, so don’t leave just yet.
How often do you bathe him?
Regardless of size, if you only bathe your dog once a month (or less), a portable tub makes the most sense.
Professional-grade tubs aren’t just huge, they cost a small fortune.
I’m not talking “wow, $500 is a lot for a tub” fortune, I’m talking “$1,000 is considered a ‘budget’ model” fortune.
On the other hand, if you have a large dog that for one reason or another needs baths more than once a week, a professional tub may be worth the investment.
Do you have multiple dogs that need regular baths?
If you have multiple dogs who all need regular baths, a portable tub may be more of a hassle than a larger tub.
I’m not saying you have to upgrade all the way to a professional groomer’s tub, but you may want something that you can set up once and leave up.
Something like the Booster Bath is a good option. While it’s not technically what I’d call portable, it’s light enough that you can put it aside somewhere out of the way when not in use.
Best Portable Dog Baths
As always, use the table below for a quick look, then keep reading for our complete review.
1. Standing Boat Elevated Folding Pet Bath
Let’s start with a fantastic pick for those with small dogs- the Standing Boat.
Features & Pros
- Basin is made of marine-grade PVC and the frame of durable stainless aluminum tubing.
- Weighs just under 11 lbs, so it’s easy to carry.
- Highly portable- folds open and shut in seconds.
- Stands at 36″ high, so you shouldn’t have to bend much unless you’re super tall.
- 360-degree design lets you access your dog from all sides.
- Includes a drain hose that lets you drain the water into your tub or a bucket.
- Handy side pockets to hold supplies.
- While it’s a budget-friendly tub compared to non-portable models, it’s among the pricier on this list.
- Although it holds up to 150 lbs, it’s really only ideal for dogs up to 40 lbs.
- The drain hose doesn’t stay put properly according to multiple customers.
While it’s definitely too small for my dog, I love this one for those of you with smaller breeds.
Be warned, though, a lot of customers complain that the legs don’t fit right in their standard-sized tub.
- ✔BATH TIME MADE EASY: Bathe your cat or dog indoors or outdoors without the backache – or the mess – with 360-degree access to your pet. Portable bathing and grooming tub fits inside your bathtub or shower and helps you keep your pet clean while conserving water. When finished bathing, use the attached stretchable drain hose to drain into your tub or shower, or a bucket
- ✔PERFECT WASHING & GROOMING HEIGHT: No more backache – the elevated tub makes bathing and grooming easy on your back and knees by putting your pet at the perfect height - just short of 36 inches. Two side pockets store shampoo and other bathing or grooming essentials within easy reach
- ✔FOLDS IN SECONDS: Fold and unfold the tub with one hand thanks to its lightweight construction and patented folding mechanism. Simply wipe the tub dry and pull the handle in the middle to fold it from 32” to just shy of 8” wide for easy storage. The tub’s legs are easily removed to save even more space during storage and transport
- ✔PERFECT FOR SMALL & MEDIUM SIZE DOGS & CATS: The basin measures 32.3” long, 17.8” wide and 11.1” deep, providing plenty of space for your furry pal. Optional three-point leash restraint with removable collar (sold separately) can make showering your pet more safe and convenient. Ideal for most pets up to 40 pounds
- ✔ LIGHTWEIGHT & DURABLE DESIGN: The basin is made of marine grade PVC, which is rugged, easy-to-clean, and resistant to wear from paws and claws. The frame is made of stainless aluminum tubing and weighs less than 11 lbs total, yet supports more than 150 lbs (including water) and remains steady and safe during bathing and grooming. Dimensions: 35.5”L x 21.6”W x 35.5”H (unfolded); 2 year manufacturer warranty
2. S-Lifeeling Folding Pet Bath Tub
Out of all the portable dog baths, this one is unarguably the most portable of all. Sadly, it’s only ideal for teeny-tiny “fits in a purse” dogs!
Features & Pros
- Super affordable.
- Made with waterproof Oxford cloth.
- Folds down like a tote bag, so you can store it pretty much anywhere.
- Holds up to 30 L (which is just under 8 gallons)
- The obvious- it won’t hold dogs much larger than a Shih Tzu.
- No drain
- When full, it’ll weigh close to 64 lbs. Not exactly a light weight to lug around.
If you have a small dog and you’re looking for something that you can either use outdoors or in a tub, this is a great choice.
However, if you have anything larger than a Shih Tzu, you’ll want to keep reading.
- Domestic famous manufacturer production, the material USES the PVC net clip of choice waterproof Oxford cloth: waterproof property is good and cold resistant.
- The design is novel, strong, anti - fouling, easy to clean, portable.
- Portable collection of pet bathtub, replacing the traditional large, heavy pet bath tub, portable, can receive, is the first choice for indoor and outdoor.
- Convenient storage, small volume after storage, easy to carry.
- This product is wide in diameter, 18.1 in diameter (46 cm) and 8.7 in height (22 cm), 30 liters in capacity, suitable for small sized dogs and all cats.
3. BaileyBear Porta Tubby
The BaileyBear Porta Tubby is my favorite on this list, and not just because it’s cute. Sadly, it’s too small for my dog, but let’s see why I love it so much!
Features & Pros
- At under $50, it’s an affordable option.
- Made from 100% high quality silicone.
- Great for toy to small breeds.
- Collapses down to just under 2.5″ thick
- Very light and easy to carry.
- Includes a carrying handle.
- It’s adorable! I know, not important, but still!
- Non-slip bottom & anti-skid legs for added safety.
- As usual, not big enough for larger breeds. It holds 25 lbs max.
- Since the legs don’t have stabilizers, you’ll need to put it on a perfectly flat surface.
- Too big to fit over a sink, yet too low to the ground for people with back problems.
Even though I can’t use this one, I absolutely love it. The reviews are fantastic, so I’m not the only one.
If they came out with a model for large breeds, I’d be all over it!
4. Flying Pig Pet Dog Cat Washing Shower Grooming Portable Bath Tub
Flying Pig is a huge name in the dog grooming world. They make some of the best professional-grade tubs! How does their portable option stack up? Let’s find out.
Features & Pros
- Made by a highly respected brand.
- Holds up to 150 pounds (see cons, though)
- Heavy duty plastic basic
- Stainless steel legs
- Easy to access your dog from all sides
- Legs have a leveler to keep it level on uneven ground.
- Fits inside your own bathtub.
- Includes a drain hose so you can easily drain the water into your tub or bucket.
- Expensive for a portable tub.
- While it holds 150 lbs, it’s only ideal for dogs up to around 60.
- Some customers complain that the drain doesn’t stay shut.
- Challenging to assemble.
If it was just a little bit cheaper, this would probably be my #1 pick. I feel like $150 is just a bit too much for a portable dog bath.
It’s one of the few options that holds medium-sized dogs that can also be used indoors.
- Flying Pig Grooming perfect sized tub for medium to small size pets
- Whole unit size: 37.5"L x 19.5"W x 35.5"H. Maximum weight: 150 pounds
- Basin is made of heavy duty plastic material. Stand(legs) is made of stainless steel.
- 360 degree access and leveler is adjustable for uneven floor
- Light weight and Portable. Good size to fit in standard bathtubs.
5. Foldable Pet Bath Tub
This last one is for those of us with larger breeds.
Sorry, it’s not quite as portable as the others, but I really wanted to give you something that would work! I hate when we “big dog” parents are left out.
Features & Pros
- Large enough for breeds up to about 95 lbs.
- Very affordable!
- Easy to set up. Just open it up and fill it.
- Made with durable PVC that helps prevent puncturing.
- Non-slip bottom
- It’s not inflatable, so your dog won’t pop it.
- Open up the drain when you’re done and let the water flow out.
- Folds down small enough to fit in a tote case.
- Use it as both a bath tub or a pool for your dog (or heck, your kids even!).
- Still not quite big enough for giant breeds.
- While the description says it can fit into a tote case, it doesn’t actually come with one.
- Although the PVC is tough, the plastic liner isn’t. You’ll need to clip your dog’s nails first.
If you have a large breed (but not a giant), something like this is really your only option in terms of a portable dog bath.
I’m actually thinking about buying this to use as a pool for my dog in the summer!
It’s inexpensive enough. Definitely cheaper than the baby pool that she ate when she was a puppy!
- SIMPLE USE: The convenient fold-down design makes it simple to open and fold, space-saving for storage at home, and easy to store and carry, when outdoors or traveling. Build-in drainage hole adopts drain design, rotate and open, convenient to drain. The drain cover is well sealed, there is no need to worry about water leakage during use.
- DURABLE & HEAVY DUTY: Durable PVC material prevents punctures. The bottom is soft and flexible. Corners sealed well without leak.
- SUITABLE SIZE AND NOTE: We provide three sizes for you to choose: S: 11.8" x31.5", M: 11.8" *47.2",L:30*160cm(11.8"*63"). We recommend placing the swimming pool on a level surface, without rocks or similar sharp objects under the swimming pool, and trim the dog's nails before using the swimming pool.
- MULTIPLE USES: The pool can be used as a dog bath, outdoor swimming pool, fish pond, toddler bath kids play pool.Let your dogs and children enjoy a wonderful and happy time in summer.
- EXCELLENT BATHING TUB & SWIMMING POOL: Throw your dog a water party to enjoy in the summer heat. believe that you will fall in love with it.
My final recommendation depends on the size of your dog, since portable dog baths aren’t really “one size fits all.”
If you have a purse dog up to around a Shih Tzu, definitely go with the BaileyBear. I absolutely love it.
Got a medium breed? The Flying Pig is pricey but worth it. For those of us with big dogs, though, the pool-like tub is really the best option.
What are your picks for the best portable dog baths? Share below!
Last update on 2020-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API