Searching for the best pet technology products for dogs?
Well, come on it, because we’ve got you covered!
I’m totally obsessed with high-tech pet gear, especially when it makes my life easier.
Check out some of my favorite products, including everything from pet cams to fun dog toys!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Want to skip ahead and just grab our top pick? Check out the SureFeed Feeder!
It’s one of the smartest ways to feed your beloved pup!
Best Pet Technology Products for Dogs
Use the table below for a quick peek at our top 5 favorites, then read on for the full list.
1. Wyze Cam Pan 1080p HD Pet Camera With Live Stream & Pan
The Wyze Cam pet camera is one of the best accessories for a pet parent, as you can always be in contact with your furball.
As I’m sure you know, though, they can get SUPER pricey!
We’ll, wait until you see the price tag on this one. It’s so reasonable!
This camera has a 1080p resolution, and you can control it from wherever you are through wi-fi.
Even more, you can remotely tilt and rotate it, so you’re always in control.
Plus, it can record short video clips that are just right for sharing on Instagram, AND it stores them for free in the cloud for up to 14 days.
Pros & Cons
- Pros– two-way communication, night vision, remote-controlled, works with Alexa
- Cons– you need to remember to charge it.
If you’ve ever wanted a pet cam but don’t really have a massive budget for a fancy one, this is a great option.
You do need to remember to charge it from time to time and place it where your dog can’t reach.
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) lets you control Wyze Cam Pan remotely using the Wyze app so you can see every angle of your room while you’re away, on demand. Or, have Wyze Cam Pan monitor your room automatically with the Pan Scan feature by setting 4 predefined waypoints. Panning has a 360° left/right rotation range and tilting has a 93° vertical up/down range.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p - 1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam Pan can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 6 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Voice Controlled? You got it! - Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (US only) so you can use your voice to see who’s at your front door, how your baby’s doing, or if your 3D printer has finished printing. Wyze Cam Pan is only compatible with the 2. 4GHz WiFi network (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi) and Apple (iOS) and Android mobile devices.
- Share with those who care - One Wyze Cam can be shared with multiple family members so everyone can have access to its live stream and video recordings. Just have your family members download the Wyze app and invite them to your account. Camera sharing can also be easily removed.
2. PetSafe Smart Feed 2.0 Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder
You can set it to dispense anywhere from 1/8 cup to 4 cups of food.
This feeder can be controlled from wherever you are through your smartphone, and can even take voice commands through Amazon Echo.
It’s an amazing option to make sure your dog doesn’t eat too much or too fast.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – remotely controlled, automatic portion control.
- Cons – may lose the wi-fi connection.
This is a great device to control your dog’s food intake, especially if you have to work outside the home during the day.
However, you shouldn’t leave your dog home alone for too long.
In other words, it’s not a substitute for a pet sitter if you’re going out of town.
- 2020 PET INNOVATION AWARD WINNER - Received the award for “Electronic Feeders/Waterers Product of the Year” for its innovative design to ensure your pet is fed on time every time
- ASK ALEXA TO FEED YOUR PET A SNACK: Ask your Amazon Echo device to feed your pet a snack hands-free, from anywhere in your home; best for cats and small to medium sized dogs
- AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT: Save yourself a trip to the store and use Amazon Dash Replenishment to automatically reorder your pet’s food when it’s running low
- SMARTPHONE NOTIFICATIONS: The pet feeder will send a notification to your smartphone when the feeder is running low or empty, or if there is an error with the feeder
- FEED YOUR PET WITH OUR APP: Use the My PetSafe app to monitor your pet’s meals from anywhere; app requires an iPhone or iPod device iOS 12.0 or later or a compatible Android smartphone 9.0 or later
- GREAT FOR PETS WHO EAT TOO QUICKLY: Slow Feed setting dispenses meals larger than 1/8 cup in small amounts over 15 minutes
- FLEXIBLE PORTIONS: Schedule up to 12 meals daily that can be dispensed from 1/8 cup to 4 cups to fit your pet's needs; If you need to temporarily stop the feeder from dispensing you can turn off the schedule in the app
- TOP-RACK DISHWASHER SAFE: Lid, hopper, bowl and bowl holder are top-rack dishwasher-safe for convenient cleaning
3.PetSafe Manners Minder Treat & Train Remote Reward Behavior Dog Trainer
The PetSafe Manners Minder is a wonderful way to reinforce your dog’s training when you’re not standing right next to him.
Using positive reinforcement methods, this remote training device will do its best to teach your dog new and pleasant behaviors.
You can use any type of kibble, and use it from up to 100 feet away.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – remote-controlled, promotes positive reinforcement.
- Cons – it may be hard to set a cue if you’re too far away.
This remote training device can make your job a lot easier, but it doesn’t mean that you should give up the traditional ways completely.
- Trains your pet through positive reinforcement
- Links a food rewarded to desired good behavior
- Extendable target wand can be used with our without the base
- Hand held remote operates up to 100 feet away
- Remote reward dog trainer for pet owners and professionals; All breeds and ages of dogs
- Detailed instruction guide, comprehensive instructional DVD, extendable target wand with removable base, hand held remote control with 100 foot signal range, 2 interchangeable food disks; 4 "D" batteries required and sold separately;
- Call, chat or email with PetSafe brand US based customer care specialists six days a week; They are waiting to assist you and your pet with your product needs
- PetSafe brand has been an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
4.DOGNESS Automatic WiFi Dog & Cat Smart Feeder with HD Camera
If you liked the automated feeder and the camera, then this product will be the perfect combo.
This feeder features a small, 165-degree HD camera, and they can be both easily controlled using the app they come with. It also allows you to record a message for when your dog should eat.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – remote-controlled, camera and automatic feeder.
- Cons – can’t handle wet food.
This is a great overall pet technology product, but you need to remember not to fill it with wet food, as it’s not waterproof.
- Large capacity hopper 6.5 dry food, Humanized design, simple Setting
- Voice record/play at the programmed meal time, accurate portion control,Voice record/play at the programmed meal time, accurate portion control, two power supply: battery and power adaptor two power supply: battery and power adaptor (battery not included)
- HD Camera for Voice and Video Recording,work as a smart pet camera with a connected app that lets you see, talk, play with your pet. Connect with your pet while you are away with the supported audio chat/recording. Sharing your favorite moment on social media directly.
- Dimension: L 16.5 * W 8.66 * H 16.14 inch (assembled), weight: 3kg (6.6 pounds) (without batteries), power: power adapter 5V DC 1A with 3 meter (9 feet) long power cord
- Two Food Dispense Trays-The difference between small and large is the size of food dispense out,So you can replace it based on your need,each meal dispense from 1-39 Portions, Each Portion is around 10-12g, Simply Pick Your Portion Size & Unit Dispenses Dry Meals.Help control body weight and establish good eating habits which will allow them to live a long and healthy life with you.
- OPERATING TIPS - Suitable for dry food only, with the food pellet size ranging from 0.2-0.6 inches in diameter; up to 6 meals a day. Download the DOGNESS iOS/Android app for free. Compatible with iOS 7.5 or Android 4.0 and above.
- IMPORTANT - Your home WiFi network needs to be a 2.4GHz frequency in order for the pet feeder to work.
- Be able to feed your pet from anywhere and at anytime. remotely set times to feed your pet automatically or choose to do a manual feeding from your mobile device instantly. Best auto pet feeder for dogs and cats.
- Product has 1 year warranty - buy with confidence!
5. Sure Petcare SureFeed Feeder Connect Microchip Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder
The SureFeed feeder is one of the best pet technology products out there, and it’s quite special.
Instead of scheduling your dog’s meal, you can register his microchip so it only allows him to eat.
This is great if you have more than one pet and they’re all on different diets.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – registers microchips, remembers feeding times, works with dry and wet food.
- Cons – not remotely controlled.
This is a great product and will help all your pets stay on their diet. Make sure you mark them somehow, so you remember who needs what!
- Key Benefits: Prevents food stealing and stress at mealtimes in multi-pet homes, keeps your pets healthier by controlling portions and helping to keep weight under control, saves money by not overfeeding expensive prescription foods and helping to avoid vet bills related to pet health conditions.
- Great for Pets on Prescription Diets: Holds 13.5 fl. oz, wet or dry pet food. The lid closes to form a seal with the neoprene lip, helping to retain moisture and to keep food fresher longer.
- Microchip Compatibility: Works with 9 (Avid Secure), 10 (FDXA) and 15 (FDXB) digit microchip numbers; if unsure of your pet’s microchip number, you can check with your veterinarian, pet shelter or animal rescue. Automatic Cat Feeder opens when the assigned pet microchip ID approaches, and closes when it moves away. Simple one button programming.
- Three Year Warranty. Veterinarian Recommended.
- Do you have a houseful of pets? Does one cat steal the other’s cat food? Does your dog steal the cat’s food? Stressful Feeding times? The Microchip Pet Feeder makes feeding times so much easier! It uses the pet’s Microchip ID or by wearing a lightweight RFID collar tag to communicate with the feeder to open for that specific pet. All feeders come standard with one tag (unit stores 32 ID’s); additional collar tags can be purchased separately if necessary. Ideally one feeder per pet.
6.K&H Pet Products Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Pad
The K&H Lectro Heated Pad is for those times when your dog wants to spend time with you outside during chilly days, but he can’t find a cozy spot.
The K&H’s heated dog pad will make sure that your furball is always warm. It will heat according to his normal body temperature, it’s usable everywhere, and it also comes with a fleece cover for extra comfort.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – keeps your dog warm, heats according to your dog’s body temperature, includes a washable fleece cover.
- Cons – not suitable for dogs over 40 pounds.
This is great to have around, especially now that the cold season is coming.
If you’re like me and keep your heat down a bit to save energy, this is fabulous for short-haired breeds, like Chihuahuas.
For this particular model, sure that your dog is not over 40 pounds. Chewy does have other sizes, though.
Also, please do not leave your dog outside in the cold, even with a heated mat.
- LECTRO-KENNEL HEATED PAD: Outdoor dog heating pad features rigid ABS exterior, 5-1/2 feet steel wrapped cord and removable fleece cover
- THERMOSTATICALLY CONTROLLED: Heated mat automatically responds to temperature changes to warm to your pet's normal body temperature controlled to automatically respond to temperature changes to warm to your pet's normal body temperature
- IDEAL USE: Heated pet pad is perfect for sheds, garages, barns, or any sheltered area your outdoor pets hang out
- TEST YOUR PRODUCT: You'll notice that the K&H heated bed may not feel warm to the touch when your pet is not on the pad. That is normal!! You can test the pad by placing a large pillow on top of the pad. After about 20 minutes, feel under the pillow. It will feel warm, not hot.
- SAFE HEATING: This product has been tested & certified by MET Labs to exceed USA/CA electrical safety standards and runs on only 40 watts
- BRAND YOU TRUST: Designed by K&H with OVER 20 years of experience in creating innovative, quality products.
- DIMENSIONS: Small outdoor heating pad measures 12.5 X 18.5 Inches
7. PetSafe Eatwell 5-Meal Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder
I know we already shared some feeding bowls, but they all offer something different.
This particular Eatwell feeder is great if you’re going out of town for a weekend and leaving a friend to watch your dog.
You don’t have to worry about explaining portions and what not to them. Just set it up and go!
In it, you can fit up to five meals, and you can schedule it to rotate automatically at certain time intervals.
It’s dishwasher safe, the trays are dishwasher-safe, and it works with four type D batteries for up to one year.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – automate feeding, dishwasher-safe trays.
- Cons – can’t be remotely controlled.
This is one of the products that will help with your busy schedule, and you only need to remember to fill it!
- SCHEDULE MEALS AND TREATS: One meal is ready to eat as soon as you fill the tray with your pet’s food, and you can schedule the other 4 meals (or treats) to be served at a later time
- FOOD CAPACITY: Each compartment holds up to 1 cup of dry or semi-moist pet food; feeder is best for cats and small to medium sized dogs
- GREAT FOR FAST EATERS: If your cat or dog tends to eat too quickly, use this feeder to break their meals up into smaller portions
- MULTIPLE OPTIONS: Press the “feed now” button to give your pet an extra meal; Suspend feeding option stops the feeder from serving the next meal without losing the schedule
- HELP MANAGE PET’S WEIGHT: Schedule smaller meals throughout the day to help keep your best friend healthy
- DISHWASHER SAFE: Place the removable BPA-free tray in the top rack of the dishwasher for easy cleanup
- U.S.-BASED CUSTOMER CARE: Let our pet product experts help; we’re available Monday through Saturday to answer your questions
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: PetSafe brand has been a trusted global leader in pet behavior, containment and lifestyle innovations for nearly 30 years; we help keep your pet healthy, safe and happy
8. Drinkwell Avalon Ceramic Dog & Cat Fountain
So, you’ve picked out the perfect smart dog feeder, and now you want a water bowl to go with it!
As most pets would rather drink water from fresh sources, this fountain by Drinkwell can be one of the the best pet technology products you ever bought.
It has a 70 ounces capacity, and keep the water moving and clean all the time.
The water fountain is made out of porcelain, for both safety and design, and it has two drinking areas, on different heights.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – keeps water clean, nice decoration, dishwasher-safe parts.
- Cons – can get noisy.
A water fountain is great to have around for your dog to drink out of, but you need to remember to clean it frequently.
- 70 OZ WATER CAPACITY: This fountain is perfect for cats and small to medium-sized dogs
- ENCOURAGES HYDRATION: Dual free-falling water streams entice pets to drink more and help prevent urinary and kidney diseases through increased hydration
- NO THIRSTY PETS: This fountain incorporates an open bowl design, so if your home loses power, your cat or dog will still have access to water from any side
- FRESH, FILTERED WATER: Replaceable carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors while the foam filter catches pet hair and debris
- CLEAN AND HYGIENIC: The constant water circulation and premium, scratch-resistant ceramic material help to promote good pet hygiene; disassemble the pump to hand wash, and place all other parts on the top rack of your dishwasher
- COMPATIBLE FILTERS AND PUMP: Fountain uses PetSafe Drinkwell Carbon Filter #6 (PAC00-13906), PetSafe Drinkwell Foam Filter #5 (PAC00-13711) and Drinkwell Replacement Pump (PAC00-13206)
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: PetSafe brand has been a trusted global leader in pet behavior, containment and lifestyle innovations for nearly 30 years; we help pets and their people live happy together
9.PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher Dog Toy
An automatic ball launcher is a must for those of us with dogs who love to fetch.
This is one of the safest automatic ball launchers out there.
It’s got three sensors to make sure no one is around before launching, and after 15 minutes it will automatically get into sleep mode, so the dog doesn’t get too tired from all the fun.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – automatically launches balls, safe for pets and humans, 15-minutes sessions.
- Cons – only works with tennis balls
It’s awesome to have an automatic ball launcher around, but that doesn’t replace the time with you!
Give your dog the feeling of playing fetch with you by standing next to the launcher.
- SAFETY: Multiple sensors keep you and your dog safe; a FRONT MOTION SENSOR protects pets and people standing up to 7 feet in front of the launch area and reinforces safely loading balls into the side pocket
- DISTANCE: Launcher throws between 8-30 feet; has 9 distance settings and 6 angle settings; pull out and twist angle knob and distance knob to adjust the launcher’s range; TURN KNOBS LEFT FOR MAX DISTANCE
- PAUSE: The Automatic Ball Launcher features a 15 minute rest interval after 15 minutes of play; the rest period ensures dogs aren’t playing past the point of exhaustion
- OPTIONS: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher can be used both indoors and outside to entertain and exercise your dogs; begin use outdoors as an introduction; use the included power cord or 6 D cell batteries (not included); water-resistant
- FLEXIBILITY: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher works best with standard size tennis balls 2 5/8” in diameter but can be used with smaller tennis-type balls; up to 3 balls can be loaded at a time
- TRAINING: Audible tones alert you and your dog so you know when the ball is detected and will launch, when 2 second motion detection delay is activated and when 15 minute rest time begins and ends
10. PetSafe Stay+Play Wireless Fence
Honestly, I’m not a fan of most wireless fences because they use shock collars to contain your dog.
However, the PetSafe Stay+Play offers you more options, including tones and gentle vibrations.
Being an above-ground system, you only need to set a perimeter using it (and train your dog to use it, of course).
It’s waterproof and can be recharged as many times as you need to.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – sets up a boundary, can be taken anywhere, uses tones to keep the dog in.
- Cons -expensive, still includes shock options.
This is a great way to keep your dog in a certain boundary, but you need to make sure it’s set on the “tone” mode.
Also, it’s not a “set it and forget it” thing. You actually need to train your dog to understand what those tones mean.
- 3/4 ACRE OF CIRCULAR COVERAGE: The adjustable circular range allows up to 3/4-acre of coverage (22-105 feet in all directions) from the placement of the indoor transmitter
- NO WIRE TO BURY: A wireless boundary allows you to create a safe barrier around your yard to protect your pets without spending time burying wires
- 5 LEVELS OF CORRECTION: The system features 5 levels of static correction plus a tone-only mode
- STATIC-FREE REENTRY: Allows your pet to return home without being corrected if your pet passes the boundary
- STAY & PLAY COLLAR: System comes with 1 waterproof, rechargeable receiver collar that comfortably fits dogs 5 lb and up and adjusts to fit neck sizes 6-28 inches
- SIMPLE SET-UP: Set up your new wireless fence in just 1-2 hours to give your dog a secure play area
- PORTABLE: Take this compact, portable fence with you when you and your dog go camping or travel in your RV (outlet required). Receiver collar charges in 2-3 hours and each charge lasts 3 weeks
These are all the best pet technology products, and you may want to try a few of them, and automate your lifestyle!
However, we’re big fans of the automatic feeding options. Even if you’re home all day, they’re a great way to better control your dog’s portions.
How about you? What are your picks for the best pet technology products? Share below!
Last update on 2021-08-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API