Looking for the best luxury dog beds for your ultra-pampered pooch?
If you’ve got a high budget and a few minutes, I’ve got you covered!
While we usually try to share a mix of beds in a wide variety of price ranges, today it’s all about living in the literal lap of luxury!
Read on to find out why you should consider investing in a pricier bed, then check out my top five favorites!
Why Invest in a Luxury Dog Bed?
Before we check out my top five favorite luxury dog beds, let’s quickly discuss two main reasons why you’d want to consider investing in one.
Save money long run
The old saying, “You get what you pay for,” definitely applies to dog beds.
While it’s possible to find a good inexpensive bed, for the most part the more expensive ones will last a lot longer.
A luxury dog bed may cost more upfront, but in the long run you’ll end up saving money, especially if you go with a bed that has a warranty.
Ultimate comfort for aging dogs
Some of the luxury dog beds below aren’t just nice to look at, they’re also among the most comfortable!
If you have an aging dog with arthritis or hip problems, you definitely want to consider investing in a pricier bed with high-quality memory foam!
While the first two beds below are more about style, the last three are fabulous options for dogs who need more support.
Honestly though, if you want to buy your dog a luxury bed, go for it. You don’t need to justify your purchase to anyone!
Now, let’s look at my top five favorites!
Heads up: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Top 5 Best Luxury Dog Beds
As with our other dog bed buying guides, use the table below for a quick peek at my top five picks. Then, read on for more details!
1. Bowsers Donut Bed Review
The Bowsers Donut line is perfect for anxious dogs who crave a little extra security while they’re sleeping, thanks to the oval ring that makes up the bed.
Features & Pros
- Fully enclosed oval shape provides an added sense of security to your dog.
- Perfect for dogs who like to sleep curled up.
- Comes in nearly 30 different stylish colors.
- The tufted cushion inside the ring can be removed and used as a crate mat.
- High-quality materials make it last for years.
- Really only ideal for dogs who sleep curled up.
- Bottom is a bit thin, so it’s not great for older dogs who need more support.
- Not durable enough for diggers and chewers.
I love the overall style of this bed and the fact that it comes in so many color choices.
However, while the materials in this bed are designed to hold up against years of regular use by mellow dogs, it’s not the best option for diggers or chewers.
- Dog Lovers : Micro velvet Green
- The oval ring creates the feeling of security pets love
- Removable tufted cushion can be used as a crate or travel mat
- Circular tufting creates an elegant upholstered look
- Excellent Fit and Finish
2. Montana Woodworks Handcrafted Dog Bed Review
If you want to get your dog a one-of-a-kind bed, this is the perfect choice for you!
Don’t let the lack of customer ratings scare you, Montana Woodworks’ products have great reviews in general.
Features & Pros
- Handmade using old-fashioned tools to create a totally unique look.
- Made with American-grown lodge pole pine.
- Heirloom quality bed designed to last a lifetime.
- Backed up by a 20-year warranty, the longest of any bed I’ve ever seen!
- Comes with a fleece-lined mattress.
- Only comes in one size that’s mostly ideal for medium-sized dogs.
- The mattress, while nice, isn’t going to last a lifetime. Since it’s a very specific side, you may have a hard time replacing it.
If you’re looking for a bed that you can pass down through generations of dogs, this is a great buy.
The rustic look is so perfect for a farmhouse decor theme, and you really can’t beat a 20-year warranty.
- Includes fleece lined 30 x 40 inch mattress
- Traditional craftsmen use time honored methods of Construction and Finish
- Skip-peeled by Hand using old Fashioned draw knives providing a unique look
- Hand crafted in Montana with American grown, genuine lodge pole pine
- Mortise and tenon joinery for heirloom Quality; 20-year limited warranty from manufacturer
3. FMZG Luxury Orthopedic Dog Bed Review
The FMZG is the most “budget-friendly” bed on a list of relatively pricey options, but don’t let that fool you into thinking it’s not luxurious!
Everything about this bed screams quality!
Features & Pros
- Designed by pet experts to provide the utmost comfort for dogs with arthritis.
- The swooping shape doesn’t just look neat, it helps relieve cervical pressure.
- Comes with a 10-year warranty on the foam and guaranteed to retain 97% of its original shape.
- Waterproof lining protects the inside of the bed while the cover is removable and washable.
- Made with hypoallergenic materials for dogs with sensitive skin.
- Sizes are big enough for giant-breed dogs
- Warranty only covers foam damage and not damage to the exterior.
- Only comes in two large sizes, so it’s not a good option for small dogs.
I love the look of this bed, but more than that I adore the high-quality materials that go into it.
As a pet parent to a dog with sensitive skin, the hypoallergenic materials matter quite a bit to me.
I wouldn’t really recommend it for smaller dog breeds though. It’s a bit too much bed.
- RELIEVE ORTHOPAEDIC ARTHRITIS; designed by Texas pet experts for many years, the shape is more suitable for the joint of big dogs, as it can relieve cervical pressure and ease pain, also guarantee high quality for dog's sleep.
- 10 YEARS WARRANTY: 10 Year Warranty on Foam (excluding external damage and bedspread),the treatment foam retain 97% of original shape, and will not flatten or pancake with the time. If there has the problems of foam deformation, we can refund you(not included a bedspread),.
- DETACHABLE AND WASHABLE: made of unique composite plush fabric, well designed and manufactured, also easy to clean and machine washable. Besides, the classic backrest design makes dogs feel much more safer.
- WATERPROOF LINING; detachable and waterproof design, no need to worry about problems of cleaning the dog bed, as beautiful product appearance quality will be very appreaciated, and latex anti-skid design makes the dog bed not easy to move.
- ORGANIC ANTI-ALLERGIC MATERIAL; designed with organic material with EU standards, 100% microfiber covering, soft And skin-friendly, and we use durable zipper (load pull test 10,000 pulls)
4. Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed
Big Barker is one of my top 5 favorite dog beds across all categories, so you shouldn’t be shocked to see it on my list of best luxury dog beds!
Features & Pros
- Memory foam is calibrated specifically for large breed dogs.
- Comes in three sizes, with the Giant being roomy enough for the greatest of Great Danes.
- American-made therapeutic-grade memory foam guaranteed to retain 90% of its shape for 10 years or you’ll get your money back.
- Handmade in the USA.
- Machine-washable microfiber cover looks and feels great.
- Only designed for the big guys, so your smaller dog can’t use it.
- The cover isn’t all that durable against digging and it’s definitely not chew-proof.
- Although it uses open-cell foam it can still be a bit too warm in the summer.
I highly recommend this bed to anyone with a large breed dog who doesn’t dig or chew.
Just don’t get it for smaller dogs. It’s not just too big for them, but since it’s calibrated for large breeds it’ll also be too hard.
- CALIBRATED FOR BIG DOGS: Available in Large, XL, Giant XXL dog bed sizes. Too powerful for small dogs.
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY: Foam will retain 90% of original shape & loft for 10 years or your money back.
- WON'T FLATTEN: American made therapeutic foam is the best quality you'll find in orthopedic dog beds. Won't flatten or pancake over time.
- MADE IN THE USA: Handmade by craftsmen and craftswomen in our small Pennsylvania workshop that's been making high end furniture & bedding for over 50 years.
- EASY TO CLEAN: machine washable. 100% Microfiber cover. Soft to the touch, looks great in your home.
5. Buddyrest Crown Supreme Dog Bed Review
Buddyrest is another one of my top 5 favorites across all categories.
I’ve recommended a lot of their beds, but the Crown Supreme is definitely the most luxurious!
Features & Pros
- Bolsters on three sides give it a sofa-like feel and help support your dog’s back and head.
- The gel foam is both cooling and incredibly comfortable for arthritic dogs.
- High-tech fabric helps it stay clean and odor-free, while hypoallergenic materials prevent bacteria from growing.
- Chew-resistant and comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Made in the USA.
- The largest size isn’t really big enough for giant breed dogs.
- While it’s chew-resistant, it’s not chew-proof. Then again, very few beds are!
That’s it. Seriously, it’s hard to come up with cons for Buddyrest beds.
I love everything about the Buddyrest brand, from the fact that everything is made in the US to their passion for helping animals.
A portion of their sales goes to the Grey Muzzle Organization, an organization that helps senior dogs in need.
I am super comfortable recommending this bed as long as your dog isn’t a chewer!
While the first two beds are neat and definitely fit the “best luxury dog beds” criteria, I personally prefer one of the last three.
If you asked me to pick just one for my dog, I’d go with the Buddyrest! However, the Big Barker is a super close second.
How about you? What are your picks for the best luxury dog beds? Share below!
Last update on 2020-04-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API