Having the best eco-friendly products for your dog is going to be perfect for both of you and the environment.
Of course, it’s hard to know which are actually worth buying, especially with so many brands out there.
Don’t worry, though, we’ve got you covered!
Let’s take a look and see what are the best eco-friendly products you can get for your dog!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Want to skip ahead and just grab our top pick? Check out the Earth-Rated Eco-Friendly Pet Waste Pick-up Bags!
Best Eco-Friendly Products for Your Dog
Since most of these products are available on both Amazon and Chewy, we’ve provided links to both. Use the table below for a quick peek, then read on for more details.
1. Earth-Rated Eco-Friendly Pet Waste Pick-up Bags
How great would it be to clean up after your dog and also protect the environment at the same time? Well, absolutely amazing! And this is why these Earth-Rated Eco-Friendly Pet Waste Pick-up Bags were made.
These eco-friendly pet waste bags are going to become your new dog walking accessory.
They are made out of compostable materials and can fit in any dispenser you may already have.
Pros & Cons
- Pros– eco-friendly, 100 percent leak-proof guarantee, unscented
- Cons– some say they’re on t
These bags are perfect to carry with you at any time, but you shouldn’t wait more than 6 months to use them, as they will start the decomposition process.
This is a great overall product and any dog owner should have it on hand. Make sure your kids don’t have access to it, as they can suffocate.
- LEAK-PROOF: Which means no chance of poop on your hands. (It’s the leash we could do.)
- FOR ALL PUPS AND POOPS: Extra long, extra strong bags to accommodate any size poop. These bags are designed to fit our dispenser, or any standard sized dispenser like a glove.
- MORE BAGS, MORE WAGS: 270 poop bags (18 rolls x 15 bags each) to keep all your dispensers (pockets, tote bags, drawers, and car glove compartment) full.
- GIVING BACK SINCE 2009: Your purchase from Earth Rated helps support animal shelters, rescues & non-profit organizations. As a B Corporation, making things better, for dogs and people, is the reason we’re excited to come to work each day.
- OFTEN IMITATED, NEVER POOP-LICATED: Official Earth Rated dispenser made to fit our rolls of 9"x13" poop bags in both lavender scented and unscented. Perfect for small, medium and large dogs.
2. Fur-Zoff Pet Hair Remover
As the Fur-Zoff motto goes, “it ain’t pretty, but it works!”
This super simple and inexpensive tool helps remove dog hair from your clothes, furniture and more.
Made from 90% foamed recycled glass materials, this super simple product does one thing, but it does it well.
It’s hypoallergenic, odor-free, and small enough to tuck into your purse or backpack.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – Recycled materials, hypoallergenic, made in the USA
- Cons -A few customers say it “doesn’t roll nice.”
These eco-friendly dog hair removers make easy work of banishing fuzz from your favorite shirt, your couch, your car and all over your home.
Basically, if you have a dog that sheds a lot, you need this!
- Easy Pet Hair Removal >> Quickly and easily remove cat, dog, rabbit, and small animal hair from carpets, couches, vehicle interiors , and even your pets
- Made in the USA >> Proudly Made right here in the U.S.A. Manufactured in a small town and backed with a Lifetime Guarantee
- Recycled Glass & Hypoallergenic >> Resistant to heat and cold, or water > Environmentally Friendly and Odor - free >>Self - cleaning
- Durable & Long - Lasting Performance >> Backed with 100% unconditional lifetime guarantee
- Multiple Uses >> Safe fur remover for car interiors and floor mats, clothing, carpets, rugs, blankets, cat trees, furniture, upholstery, and pets
- Effective Dog and Cat Hair Remover >> Thousands of tiny hair - scale ridges work quickly to remove deeply embedded fur from fabrics with a light sweeping motion >> Removes fur in seconds
3. Petique Eco-Friendly Bamboo Dog & Cat Toothbrush
Specialists say that you should brush your dog’s teeth at least once a day, and what better way to do it than by using an eco-friendly, bamboo toothbrush like the Petique?
Being made out of ecological materials, it’s a great alternative to the classic synthetic ones. Its got very soft bristles and will make cleaning your dog’s teeth a complete pleasure.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – soft bristles, non-toxic, biodegradable
- Cons – can be too big for small dogs.
This is a great dog toothbrush and it has very soft bristles, but it can be too big for a Chihuahua or Yorkshire Terrier.
Whenever you wash your dog’s teeth, make sure to use a dog-friendly toothbrush. This way you will avoid any possible allergy and your dog will be very happy to have his teeth washed.
- Petique’s bamboo pet Toothbrush in brown is biodegradable and for your dog or cat
- 100% biodegradable
- hang to dry
- Bamboo handle and Boar's hair Bristle
- Age Range Description: All Stages
4. Burt’s Bees Puppy 2-in-1 Shampoo
It can be very hard to wash puppies in general. They are small, playful and it can be hard to keep the shampoo out of their eyes.
Thankfully, Burt’s Bees Puppy 2-in-1 Shampoo comes to the rescue.
Being a tearless, 2in1 dog shampoo, it will leave your dog’s coat looking and smelling absolutely incredible. It’s made out of natural ingredients and it’s got a balanced pH so it will maintain your dog’s skin healthy.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – tearless, has conditioner, made out of natural ingredients.
- Cons – some dogs can be allergic to it, even though it’s made from natural ingredients.
This is a great puppy shampoo and it will make bath time much easier. You only need to make sure your pup is not allergic to it.
It would be amazing to start training your dog from a very young age in order for him to actually enjoy bath time. Make sure you don’t wash him more than it’s necessary.
- DID YOU KNOW DOG SKIN DIFFERS FROM HUMAN'S - Dogs' skin is less acidic than human skin, so human shampoos destroy a dog's skin protective barrier, leaving your pet vulnerable to itchy flaking
- NO. 1 PET GROOMING BRAND IN THE USA*-See why millions of pet parents entrust their pet's health and hygiene to Burt's Bees for Pets. This natural shampoo for dogs is no exception
- DIRECTIONS — Apply to dog's wet coat. Work from head to tail and rinse, carefully avoiding eyes. Shampoo will have a light lather as this solution is made with only natural ingredients that are safe and effective for your pet. Store in a cool, dry place
- NO SULFATES, COLORANTS, ADDED FRAGRANCE OR HARSH CHEMICALS - This formula is free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals. That's what makes Burt's Bees for Pets a natural dog company unlike any other
- SAFE FOR ALL DOGS AND PUPPIES - This shampoo is pH balanced for dogs and puppies of all ages, so it's perfect to add to your puppy supplies kit or dog grooming supplies
5. TropiClean Oxy Med Allergy Relief Wipes for Dogs & Cats
Did you know that dog allergies (as in, humans allergic to dogs) are caused by dander? While nothing can completely eliminate that problem, these wipes can help!
With just a swipe, they can remove much of the allergy-causing dander from your dog’s coat!
The special formula was created to remove any dandruff, or seborrhea and help your dog deal with itching and hot spots.
So, in that sense, they not only help remove allergens that bother you, but your dog as well.
They contain oatmeal to help rehydrate the skin and will leave your dog smelling very nice.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – natural ingredients, beautiful scent, anti-allergenic.
- Cons – some dogs or owners can be allergic to the substances in them.
These wet napkins are completely natural and will leave your dog smelling very nice, but you should test them first to see if any of you is allergic to them.
These napkins are only made to be used on your dog’s skin, so keep them away from their eyes or mouths.
- SOOTHING RELIEF - Our cat & dog cleaning wipes assist in relieving itchy irritated skin, and aid in hot spot treatment for dogs and cats.
- DEFEND & RESTOR - Made with nourishing ingredients like chamomile, aloe, and oatmeal to ensure every use of our pet wipes leave your pet clean and moisturized.
- MINDFULLY MADE - Made in the USA & vet recommended, our cat & dog anti itch wipes are made with gentle ingredients for results without the harsh chemicals.
- RELIEF MADE EASY - Our dog and cat wipes are perfect for on the go, whether you’re hiking or on a trip relief is never far.
- OXYMED - For max relief use with Oxymed solutions such as our anti itch sprays, gentle ear wash, paw pad lotion, and our medicated shampoo & conditioner.
6. Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Spray
It’s not uncommon for a dog to deal with hot spots or itchiness caused by injuries or allergens, and it’s important to have a good product on hand to deal with that.
This spray will help relieve any itch caused by allergens, injuries or parasites in your dog. It has lidocaine and hydrocortisone, meaning that it will treat the cause of the inflammation and temporarily relieve itching and pain.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – relieves itches, and stimulates healing of wounds.
- Cons – usable for dogs over 12 weeks.
This is a great product and it will help your dog if he is dealing with itchiness or hot spots, but you should only use it on dogs older than 12 weeks.
Being a great product for both cats and dogs, it will improve their skin condition. Make sure you keep it away from their eyes, mouths and ears, as lidocaine is a strong substance.
- EASY SUPPORT – This spray promotes a healthy skin and coat for dogs and cats with hot spots commonly caused by allergies, insect bites, and dirty/matted or wet coats.
- USE WITH SHAMPOO – Made with ingredients that calm and moisturize the skin, this cat and dog spray works with our Hot Spot & Itch Relief Shampoo and can be used in between washes.
- VET-RECOMMENDED – Paraben and dye-free, Wheat Germ Oil adds moisture to the coat while other powerful ingredients work to help scratching and gnawing at the coat.
- FOR DOGS AND CATS – Intended for topical use only, spray this non-irritating formula on pets over 12 weeks of age to help discourage compulsive licking and help alleviate itching.
- EFFECTIVE & AFFORDABLE – Our products are created with powerful ingredients at an affordable price. We know dogs and cats are more than just pets because we are pet parents too.
While all of the eco-friendly dog products above are so diverse that it’s hard to pick a favorite. Along with our top pick above, we really do love the hot spot spray.
It’s a fantastic buy for dogs with itchy skin.
What are your favorite eco-friendly dog products? Share below!
Last update on 2023-03-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API