Having the best eco-friendly products for your dog is going to be perfect for both of you and the environment.
Of course, it’s hard to know which are actually worth buying, especially with so many brands out there.
Don’t worry, though, we’ve got you covered!
Let’s take a look and see what are the best eco-friendly products you can get for your dog!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Want to skip ahead and just grab our top pick? Check out the Earth-Rated Eco-Friendly Pet Waste Pick-up Bags!
Best Eco-Friendly Products for Your Dog
Since most of these products are available on both Amazon and Chewy, we’ve provided links to both. Use the table below for a quick peek, then read on for more details.
1. Earth-Rated Eco-Friendly Pet Waste Pick-up Bags
How great would it be to clean up after your dog and also protect the environment at the same time? Well, absolutely amazing! And this is why these Earth-Rated Eco-Friendly Pet Waste Pick-up Bags were made.
These eco-friendly pet waste bags are going to become your new dog walking accessory.
They are made out of compostable materials and can fit in any dispenser you may already have.
Pros & Cons
- Pros– eco-friendly, 100 percent leak-proof guarantee, unscented
- Cons– some say they’re on t
These bags are perfect to carry with you at any time, but you shouldn’t wait more than 6 months to use them, as they will start the decomposition process.
This is a great overall product and any dog owner should have it on hand. Make sure your kids don’t have access to it, as they can suffocate.
- BAG POOP BETTER: 9”x13” doggy bags keep your hands safe, and odor contained. More than enough capacity for large dogs! A customer recently said "I love these bags - much thicker than the ones you buy at the store."
- EARTH FIRST, PROFIT SECOND: 270 premium pet poo bags are included in each order. A total of 8 rolls that each include 15 dog bags and a 100% leak-proof guarantee. We use recycled materials in our packaging and roll cores because details matter.
- STRESS-FREE WALKS: Poop doesn't smell like roses: Our odor blocking unscented bags lock in that stank for good. Simple to open and tie securely so you can enjoy a stress-free walk with your best bud. No need to rush!
- PAIR WITH DISPENSER: Each bag roll comfortably fits in your pocket, but customers prefer to pair Earth Rated bags with our leash dispenser. Quick and easy access make this an awesome duo! Let us do the heavy lifting while you tackle your walks in style.
- WHY EARTH RATED? We're a Canadian company with top-notch customer service, always ready to help! Plus all our products are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee! We work closely with animal shelters & rescues across North America donating as many bags as we can.
2. Fur-Zoff Pet Hair Remover
As the Fur-Zoff motto goes, “it ain’t pretty, but it works!”
This super simple and inexpensive tool helps remove dog hair from your clothes, furniture and more.
Made from 90% foamed recycled glass materials, this super simple product does one thing, but it does it well.
It’s hypoallergenic, odor-free and small enough to tuck into your purse or backpack.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – Recycled materials, hypoallergenic, made in the USA
- Cons -A few customers say it “doesn’t roll nice.”
These eco-friendly dog hair removers make easy work of banishing fuzz from your favorite shirt, your couch, your car and all over your home.
Basically, if you have a dog that sheds a lot, you need this!
- Sweeps fur away
- Use on carpets and couches
- Use on your car seats and carpets
- Made in USA
3. Petique Eco-Friendly Bamboo Dog & Cat Toothbrush
Being made out of ecological materials, it’s a great alternative to the classic synthetic ones. Its got very soft bristles and will make cleaning your dog’s teeth a complete pleasure.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – soft bristles, non-toxic, biodegradable
- Cons – can be too big for small dogs.
This is a great dog toothbrush and it has very soft bristles, but it can be too big for a Chihuahua or Yorkshire Terrier.
Whenever you wash your dog’s teeth, make sure to use a dog-friendly toothbrush. This way you will avoid any possible allergy and your dog will be very happy to have his teeth washed.
- Petique’s bamboo pet Toothbrush in brown is biodegradable and for your dog or cat
- 100% biodegradable
- hang to dry
- Bamboo handle and Boar's hair Bristle
- Age Range Description: All Stages
4. Burt’s Bees Puppy 2-in-1 Shampoo
It can be very hard to wash puppies in general. They are small, playful and it can be hard to keep the shampoo out of their eyes.
Thankfully, Burt’s Bees Puppy 2-in-1 Shampoo comes to the rescue.
Being a tearless, 2in1 dog shampoo, it will leave your dog’s coat looking and smelling absolutely incredible. It’s made out of natural ingredients and it’s got a balanced pH so it will maintain your dog’s skin healthy.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – tearless, has conditioner, made out of natural ingredients.
- Cons – some dogs can be allergic to it, even though it’s made from natural ingredients.
This is a great puppy shampoo and it will make bath time much easier. You only need to make sure your pup is not allergic to it.
It would be amazing to start training your dog from a very young age in order for him to actually enjoy bath time. Make sure you don’t wash him more than it’s necessary.
- SOOTHES AND SOFTENS — Burt's Bees Tearless Shampoo cleans, soothes, softens, and conditions your puppy's skin and coat
- MADE WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS — All natural ingredients include buttermilk powder, honey, and beeswax
- DIRECTIONS — Apply to dog's wet coat. Work from head to tail and rinse, carefully avoiding eyes. Shampoo will have a light lather as this solution is made with only natural ingredients that are safe and effective for your pet. Store in a cool, dry place
- SUITABLE FOR ALL DOGS AND PUPPIES — This mild shampoo and conditioner is pH balanced especially for all dogs and puppies
- 100% SAFE — Veterinarian recommended formula, free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals
5. TropiClean Oxy Med Allergy Relief Wipes for Dogs & Cats
Did you know that dog allergies (as in, humans allergic to dogs) are caused by dander? While nothing can completely eliminate that problem, these wipes can help!
With just a swipe, they can remove much of the allergy-causing dander from your dog’s coat!
The special formula was created to remove any dandruff, seborrhea and help your dog deal with itching and hot spots.
So, in that sense, they not only help remove allergens that bother you, but your dog as well.
They contain oatmeal to help rehydrate the skin, and will leave your dog smelling very nice.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – natural ingredients, beautiful scent, anti-allergenic.
- Cons – some dogs or owners can be allergic to the substances in them.
These wet napkins are completely natural and will leave your dog smelling very nice, but you should test them first to see if any of you is allergic to them.
These napkins are only made to be used on your dog’s skin, so keep them away from their eyes or mouths.
- ALL-PURPOSE SOOTHING DOG & CAT WIPES - Helps relieve itching from allergies, dandruff and hot spots.
- SOOTHING INGREDIENTS - Contains aloe, chamomile, oatmeal and witch hazel extracts for a gentle and soothing clean.
- NO RINSING REQUIRED - Helps moisturize, cleanse and deodorize pets' skin and coat without water.
- FRESHEN UP ON-THE-GO - The perfect solution for messy adventures at the park, beach or hiking trail. Take wipes with you wherever you go for a quick clean up in minutes!
- PARABEN, ALCOHOL, SOAP & DYE FREE - Contains no harsh chemicals, so you don't have to worry about washing away spot-on treatments.
- FOR ALL DOG & CAT SIZES - 5.9 x 7.8 inch wet wipes work on small, medium, and large pets
- SAFE FOR ROUTINE USE - Safe for dogs and cats 12 weeks and older.
- EARTH FRIENDLY - Packaging is made from recyclable materials
- TropiClean Pet Products offers a full range of naturally derived cat and dog products including TropiClean Grooming Products, TropiClean Natural Flea & Tick, TropiClean PerfectFur, SPA by TropiClean, TropiClean OxyMed and TropiClean Fresh Breath Oral Care and Dental Products. You Make the Moments. We Make them Fresh.
- Contains one (1) 50-count TropiClean OxyMed Soothing Relief Wipes
6. Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Spray
It’s not uncommon for a dog to deal with hot spots or itchiness caused by injuries or allergens, and it’s important to have a good product on hand to deal with that.
This spray will help relieve any itch caused by allergens, injuries or parasites in your dog. It has lidocaine and hydrocortisone, meaning that it will treat the cause of the inflammation and temporarily relieve itching and pain.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – relieves itches, stimulates healing of wounds.
- Cons – usable for dogs over 12 weeks.
This is a great product and it will help your dog if he is dealing with itchiness or hot spots, but you should only use it on dogs older than 12 weeks.
Being a great product for both cats and dogs, it will improve their skin condition. Make sure you keep it away from their eyes, mouths and ears, as the lidocaine is a strong substance.
7. Petique Eco Pet Hula Koala Tough Squeaky Hemp Dog Toy
The Petique Eco Pet Hula Koala toy is only available on Chewy, and it’s one of the best eco-toys you can find for your dog.
It’s absolutely adorable and on top of everything, squeaky, so it will definitely get your dog’s attention.
Being made out of natural materials, this cute Koala toy may become your dog’s new favorite.
It’s hand made and non-toxic, and a very good reward for dog training!
Pros & Cons
- Pros – machine washable, includes a squeaker, non-toxic.
- Cons – big dogs can completely destroy it, becoming a choking hazard.
As with pretty much all but the most indestructible toys (which don’t really exist), your dog can destroy it in a matter of minutes.
But it’s non-toxic, so at least he’ll be safe while doing so!
Super cute toy for little dogs, but I’d skip it for the big guys. They can destroy it way too quickly and it can become a choking hazard.
While all of the eco-friendly dog products above are so diverse that it’s hard to pick a favorite. Along with our top pick above, we really do love the hot spot spray.
It’s a fantastic buy for dogs with itchy skin.
What are your favorite eco-friendly dog products? Share below!
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API