Looking for the best dog toys for big dogs? If you have a large dog in your home, you know that toys made for smaller dogs don’t last right? Go ahead, give your pooch a ball or “lovey” made for a toy breed. See what happens! I dare you! If you’ve already done this, you know that our large breed pooches can reduce those toys to stuffing and thread in seconds! Big pups need durable toys. Check out our picks for the best of the best!
5 Dog Toys for Big Dogs
Affiliate links included below.
1. Jolly Pets Tug N Toss Ball– This fun filled ball comes in 4 sizes, 4.5 inches, 6 inches, 8 inches and 10 inches, so there is a size ideal for your big guy. This ball is rugged, tough and can not only bounce but it can float too. It is crafted from polyethylene material that non-toxic so it is safe for dogs to play with. The cool thing about this toy is that when you play fetch with your pup, it has a handle so they can easily retrieve it and bring it back to you.
2. West Paw Design Zogoflex Hurley Dog Toy– This is not your ordinary dog toy. It is a bone, a stick and a ball all rolled up into one toy. Dogs love playing with it in water or out and it is completely dishwasher safe, making for easy clean-up. It is available in 3 sizes: 4.5 inches, 6 inches and 8.25 inches. This dog toy comes in an array of bright colors so it can be easily spotted in the grass, or in water or snow.
3. Kong Extreme Flyer– This flyer is rough and tough, so it can withstand the rugged play from bigger dogs. It is made from Kong’s ultra-durable rubber so it holds up to the roughest and toughest conditions. It is perfect for a game of fetch in the backyard and is soft and gentle on your dog’s gums and teeth.
4. Planet Dog Orbee Tuff Snowball– Your dog can stay cool all year long with this doggie snowball. The cool thing is that it doesn’t ever melt. It is durable and it bounces too. The balls are crafted from all-natural materials so it is safe for all dogs. This toy has a natural fresh minty smell which will be appealing to your dog.
5. Outward Hound Firehose Squeak N Fetch Toy– This cool dog toy is made from real firehouse material, making it durable enough for a game of fetch, toss or tug. It comes in 3 sizes: small, medium and large. The dog toy floats so it is ideal for the backyard pool or the beach.
The key to picking out the best dog toys for big dogs is, of course, durability. You want something that isn’t going to be torn apart in seconds. After all, dog toys aren’t exactly cheap! It’s smart to spend a few extra dollars for something that lasts, though. I’ve bought many toys from dollar stores, only to have them destroyed in literally seconds flat. You’re not really saving money if you’re going through 10 dollar store toys a week!