Keeping your dog happy and safe can be difficult if they are an aggressive chewer.
All breeds of dogs can turn out to be an aggressive chewer.
One of the best ways to help keep your dog from ruining your things and possibly harming themselves is by selecting the best dog bone for them to chew!
Aggressive chewers can be focused and trained to only chew on their own bones and toys.
We have compiled a list of the best dog bone options for aggressive chewers.
Best Dog Bones for Aggressive Chewers
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you.
Antler chews are a great option for aggressive chewers.
One of the best features of the antler chew is that is a natural material. Natural materials are much less likely to cause problems for your dog when they are eating them.
You should still monitor your dog while they are chewing on an antler chew.
Another great feature of an antler chew is that they are quite dense.
They will take your pet a very long time to finish which is why they are so great for aggressive chewers!
- All-Natural, Premium Antlers – Ideal for medium and large breed dogs, these pure, natural dog treats are a great choice for heavy chewers or training growing pups.
- Complete 1-lb. Bag – Every order comes with a full pound of 4-5 assorted, grade-A antler dog chews that are 6”-7” in length, making them perfect for everyday chewing.
- Custom, Handcrafted Treats – Naturally Shed and Chosen by hand these deer antlers are washed, cut, trimmed, and sanded to ensure they’re safe for pets and their dental health.
- Mess and Odor Free – Packed with natural minerals, these dog treats are low odor, mess free, and durable enough so they can be enjoyed by indoor or outdoor dogs.
- NATURAL and SAFE – Free of preservatives, chemicals, or additives, chewing antlers helps promote stronger, healthier teeth and gums in dogs of all ages.
Kong Reuseable Chews
Kong reuseable chews are a great option for aggressive chewers because they are made of a durable material that your pet does not eat.
Several varieties have a space for edible treats inside.
The challenge of removing that edible treats from inside the toy can help focus aggressive chewers making them a great choice for aggressive chewers.
- Made from 100% U.S. beef hides
- No harmful preservatives
- Helps clean teeth and freshen breath
- Great tasting and long lasting
Some bones that are also non-edible are made from Nylon. T
hey are a dense material which is very strong and can keep aggressive chewers busy for a long time! They are not perfect because some dogs may not prefer them.
They do not always have a meat taste that dogs like but some do come in “flavors” which your dog my like.
- MADE OF DURABLE NYLON - Long lasting dog chew toy challenges even the most aggressive chewers and discourages destructive chewing
- PROMOTES DOG DENTAL HEALTH - Ridges and nubs help prevent plaque and tartar buildup as dogs chew
- MADE IN THE USA - Dog chew toy is proudly made in the United States
- FOR LARGE DOGS - Size Large chew toy is intended for dogs up to 50 pounds
- SAVORY BACON & CHICKEN FLAVOR - Dog chew toy features an irresistible taste throughout that dogs love
- CHEW TOY DIMENSIONS: Out of package measures 7.75" long x 1.75 " wide x 1" high
Rawhide chews can be good for aggressive chewers because they are sturdy and made from natural materials.
The most important thing to look for when you are choosing the best dog bone for aggressive chewers is that the material is safe. With rawhide this means making sure it is not processed with chemicals that may harm your dog!
Natural rawhide chews are a great option for aggressive chewers but like all bones you should monitor your dog while they have a bone to be sure they do not choke on small pieces or hurt themselves.
- Dog Rawhide Bones Small - 4-5’’ BONES FOR SMALL DOGS; 10-count bag of bone-shaped rawhide chews for smaller dogs
- KEEP YOUR DOG GOOD IN HEALTH & BEHAVIOR: The best way to clean your pet's teeth, helps reduce tartar and plaque, promotes oral hygiene and healthy gums while improving their breath. It also helps prevent destructive chewing. No more chewing off your carpets, walls and furniture etc. Enforces good relationship between you and your furry friend!
- Treated to eliminate bacteria without adding any preservatives or other chemicals. Our products go through very high level QC process, and we will only package FIRST QUALITY bones.
- Low fat. No additives, chemicals or Hormones. The cows are free-range, pasture-raised, grass-fed. Product has 3 years shelf life. Easy to chew & long-lasting: with a natural meaty flavor; each Chip will give your dog hours of chewing pleasure.
Whatever kind of chew you decide on for your aggressive chewer it is most important that you help teach them what is okay and what is not okay to chew on.
It can make your life easier but chewing on something dangerous could endanger your dog.
Keep plenty of chewable objects on hand for your aggressive chewer and work on consistently reminding them what is okay to chew!
Does your aggressive chewer have a favorite dog bone? Tell us about it in the comments!
Last update on 2021-08-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API