Looking for the best dog beds for Cocker Spaniels?
From elevated cots with legs to cozy little caves to super-strong chew-resistant beds, I’ve got you covered!
Below you’ll find the perfect cozy spot for your Cocker Spaniel to curl up for a good nap!
Let’s talk about the features to look for, then we’ll check out my top ten picks.
Related: Are cocker spaniels hypoallergenic dogs
Content & Quick Navigation
What to Look for in a Cocker Spaniel Dog Bed
Did you know that Cocker Spaniels were originally bred for hunting? Yep, the beloved dainty Lady was originally a bird dog!
In fact, the “Cocker” part refers to her prey, the Woodcock.
So, what kind of bed do you get a dog that’s both dainty and, to her prey, daunting?
Here’s the good news: pretty much any type of bed is fine!
Cocker Spaniels aren’t major chewers unless they’re dealing with separation anxiety, so you don’t have to focus quite so much on the chew-proof factor.
They’re not particularly prone to joint issues, so you don’t have to go all out with an orthopedic bed.
So, what should you look for? Here are some features to consider:
- Something in the small to medium range (too much larger and it won’t feel cozy and secure).
- Easy to wipe clean, since they do shed a bit (less than other breeds, more than some).
- Fabric that won’t contribute to matting in their fur, as they’re prone to it (think about how your hair tangles more on certain materials).
Really, that’s about it, which leaves you with a huge range of options! Let’s check out my favorites.
Best Dog Beds for Cocker Spaniels
Check out the tables (the first one is below, the second right above #6) for a quick look, then read on for more details!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1. PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed Review
The PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed is one of our favorite dog beds for pretty much all breeds.
While we usually talk about the larger version, they do make a small one that’s just right for your Cocker Spaniel.
Features & Pros
- One of the most budget-friendly high-quality orthopedic beds.
- Highly rated by users on Amazon.
- 4″ memory foam to support your Cocker Spaniel’s joints.
- Bolsters are removable and machine-washable.
- Cover fabric certified as “skin contact safe”
- Made in China, but adheres to European REACH standards.
- Cover and the zipper aren’t that durable.
- Cover is water-resistant, NOT water-proof.
- It is also tear-resistant, NOT tear-proof.
Overall, the PetFusion is a solid choice for those who want an orthopedic bed that doesn’t cost as much as your car payment.
It has stellar reviews across pretty much every pet site, so you should feel confident in buying it.
- PREMIUM COMPONENTS & BETTER HEALTH: (i) SOLID 4-inch MEMORY FOAM base for superior overall comfort, reduced joint pain (arthritis) and improved health, mobility, & energy. (ii) Calming bed for dogs...
- SMART DESIGN: (i) Base & bolsters provide optimal support & security. (ii) Water resistant & tear resistant cover. (iii) Non-skid bottom. (iv) Blends in seamlessly with your home. (v) Replacement...
- PEACE OF MIND: (i) Certi-PUR-US Memory foam. NO mercury, lead, formaldehyde, phthalates, & ozone depleters. (ii) Low VOC emissions for indoor air quality. (iii) Passes stricter European REACH safety...
- IDEAL FOR SMALL DOGS AS WELL AS CATS: (i) 25 x 20 x 5. 5 inch. Can easily hold 50+ pounds. (ii) [Search PetFusion small pet blanket for new matching blanket]
- WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW: (i) 'Bolsters' pre-loaded into cover, simply insert memory foam base & zip closed. (ii) EASY TO CLEAN, cover is machine washable. (iii) Simple to spot clean & remove hair. Tumble...
2. Best Friends by Sheri Donut Cuddler Review
One of my favorite beds (and one that I wish came in a size large enough for me), the BFBS donut cuddler is perfect for dogs who like to sleep curled up.
Features & Pros
- Made with all vegan materials
- Raised rim wraps your dog in warmth and security.
- Super soft filling is quite cozy.
- Comes in multiple sizes, and the small is super budget-friendly.
- Made with pet-safe fake fur and strong nylon.
- Removable shell is machine-washable and dryer-safe.
- It’ll mat up if you don’t dry it immediately after washing.
- No filling in the middle.
- Not good for chewers.
As long as your Cocker Spaniel doesn’t chew, this is a beautiful and super comfy option for dogs who like to curl up.
Like I said, if it came in a size for me, I’d curl up in it myself!
- DONUT PET BED; 23in round dog bed for pets up to 25lbs; this includes breeds such as small Terriers, Daschund, Pomeranian, Shi Tzu, Pug, Chihuahua, all Toy Breeds etc
- CALMING COMFORT DESIGN; round shape and 7in tall bolster make this the perfect bed for cuddling up and burrowing, helping to calm dog anxiety and provide a sense of security while your pet sleeps
- LOFTY AND SUPPORTIVE; filled and finished in the USA with premium high loft and high density polyfill for long-lasting support and comfort
- SAFE FOR HOME AND PETS; made with materials that are free from harsh dyes, skin irritating chemicals, formaldehyde, and flame retardants
- MACHINE WASHABLE; machine wash entire bed on gentle cycle and dry on low or no heat; please see our pro tips and special care instructions for more details
3. K&H Pet Products Ortho Bolster Sleeper Review
K&H is another brand that I’m always comfortable recommending, as they make a vast range of great beds.
For your Cocker Spaniel who loves sleeping on your sofa, get them their own with this model!
Features & Pros
- Made with plush medical grade orthopedic foam
- Bolsters are overstuffed to surround your dog in comfort
- Covered in soft, velvety micro-suede
- Cover comes off and is washable
- One year limited warranty
- Only two colors, and in my opinion the brown leaves something to be desired.
- The shell is made in China (cover is made in the US though)
- Size is based on whole bed and not sleep surface, which is confusing
The cons are mostly minor issues, making this an excellent sofa-style bed for your pup!
Consider going up a size (medium instead of small) since the measurements include the bolsters.
- ORTHOPEDIC DOG BED: Plush premium grade orthopedic foam mattress dog bed is soothing on your pet's joints
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Ultimate comfort of overfilled bolsters that surround your dog for comfort and support the neck and head in this sofa style bed
- SOFT AND COZY: Made with soft, upholstery grade velvet and the sleeping surface is covered with super-soft micro-fleece
- EASY CARE: Cover is removable for easy machine washing
- BRAND YOU TRUST: Designed by K&H with 20 years of experience in creating innovative, quality products
- DIMENSIONS: Medium Bed Dimensions 30" X 25" X 9"/ Sleeping Surface Dimensions 18.5" X 18"
4. Luca For Dogs Lounge Dog Bed Review
For those who are willing to spend a little extra for something totally made in the USA and want a relatively unique bed, check out the Luca.
Features & Pros
- Pillow covers fit securely under the pillow for easy removal
- Covers are washable.
- Pillows are also covered in a water-resistant nylon liner
- Four different cute pillow styles
- Pillows filled with 100% recycled fiber fill
- No zippers!
- Made in the USA
- Only one shell color
The Luca is super high-quality and totally made in the USA.
Although this one doesn’t have a ton of reviews, those who did talk about it absolutely love it.
- Pillow covers fit securely underneath the four corners of the pillow for easy removal, washing and recovering
- Pillows are filled generously with 100% recycled fiber fill
- No zippers, no bulky coves, just strip off, slip on and wash at your convenience!
- Pillows are covered in a washable water-resistant nylon liner
- Size: Small 26"x20"x8" - Made in the USA
5. K9 Ballistics Tough Orthopedic Rectangle Bed Review
If you do need a chew-resistant bed, this is a fantastic choice.
It has a “toughness” rating of 4/5, making it among the most durable orthopedic dog beds.
Features & Pros
- Chew and dig resistant thanks to the RIPSTOP cover.
- Filled with USA-made CertiPUR-US foam.
- Cover comes off and is washable.
- Comes in a 15 different colors ranging from basic black to super cute pink!
- Memory foam isn’t really thick (just a single layer)
- They only offer a warranty on the cover.
- Warranty is only good for 120 days.
- It’s a bit pricey, and there’s a huge price jump from small to medium.
The K9 Ballistics Tough Rectangle is both durable and darling (depending on which color you get, of course).
Since the price jump from small to medium is pretty big, you may want to just stick with the small.
6. Tov Furniture Handmade Button Tufted Pet Bed Review
In the realm of adorable dog beds for Cocker Spaniels, there’s cute, then there’s the Tov handmade tufted bed.
Seriously, is this not just insanely darling? It looks like a real human sofa!
Features & Pros
- Made with a solid wood frame and legs.
- Upholstered in durable velvet fabric.
- Comfy & stylish cushion is machine-washable & water-resistant.
- Every part of it is handcrafted.
- Real button-tufts and nail head trim.
- Comes in three great colors.
- No Assembly required
- Only one color is Prime eligible.
- Only one size (but it’s big enough for most Cocker Spaniels up to 30 lbs)
The TOV bed is absolutely gorgeous, making it as much a statement piece as a dog bed.
I only wish it came in sizes large enough for my dog! Heck, I’d buy it as my own living room sofa if I could! I love the style.
7. Snoozer Luxury Cave Review
If dozens of style options draws you to a pet bed, you’ll love the Snoozer! It comes in about three dozen designs.
Features & Pros
- Super toasty & cozy Sherpa interior
- Made with a 3″ orthopedic foam core
- Uses two batting layers for added softness
- Cover and liner are removable and machine-washable
- Brass zipper is rust-proof
- They run small, so you may need to go a size larger than you think.
- Only ideal for dogs who like to burrow.
- Prone to tipping over backwards
As long as your Cocker Spaniel is a burrower, this is a really stellar pick!
I love how many styles are available. The hardest part will be deciding which one you like best!
Just remember to go a size up, as they do run small.
- LIKE A HUG FOR YOUR DOG! Is your dog a cuddler? A burrower? The Cozy Cave dog bed is just what you’re looking for! The hooded dog bed design lets your dog snooze between layers of soft Sherpa lining...
- QUALITY FEATURES. Our Cozy Caves feature a cedar-poly fill that is exceptionally soft and comfortable, perfect for dogs who like the feeling of being wrapped up and snuggling in something soft. The...
- WE DON’T CUT CORNERS. Our dog beds are built to last! When you invest in a Snoozer, you’re buying a top-of-the-line pet product your dog will love for years to come. Our removable dog bed covers...
- DURABLE, LUXURY FABRIC. With a microsuede cover, this bed is luxuriously soft to the touch and holds up to heavy use and regular cleaning while still looking great. Our strong and durable microsuede...
- SIZING: This Small Cozy Cave has a 25” diameter, a 4” sidewall, and an approximate 8” hood opening. A thin removable plastic tube keeps the hood open for easy entry or exit and can be removed...
8. P.L.A.Y. Pet Lifestyle and You Eco-friendly Lounge Bed
Another bed with plenty of style options, the P.L.A.Y (Pet Lifestyle And You) is a great choice for those who try to stick with earth-friendly items.
Features & Pros
- Hypoallergenic soft, breathable cover.
- Ergonomic support.
- Premium materials and lead-free zipper.
- Removable cover and cushion is totally machine washable and dryer friendly
- Durable heavy-duty cotton fabric is made to last.
- Filled with PlanetFill filler made from 100% recycled plastic bottles.
- Minimalist packaging is also eco-friendly.
- Furniture-grade craftsmanship
- Over a dozen style options.
- A smidge pricey (but worth it)
- Some say that the cushion is a bit thin.
- Made in China (although in a facility that meets safety standards for kids and baby products).
Most dog owners with a P.L.A.Y bed absolutely rave about it.
In fact, there’s only a single 1-star review as of right now, and that person didn’t even buy the bed (they were just made that it was made it China).
If you do decide to go with this one, I’d choose something other than the denim style for your Cocker Spaniel, as that material isn’t as soft.
- BETTER FOR YOUR PET: Our luxurious, hypoallergenic covers are soft, breathable and allergy free, with just the right amount stuffing and elevated sides to comfortably and ergonomically support your...
- BETTER FOR YOU: Our creative and stylish designs are made to complement any home. Removable cover and cushions are 100% machine washable and dryer friendly. Durable heavy-weight cotton fabric,...
- BETTER FOR THE PLANET: Our Earth friendly dog beds are filled with the perfect amount of high-loft PlanetFill filler, made from 100% post-consumer certified-safe recycled plastic bottles. Even our...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Furniture-grade craftsmanship and even-basting stitching ensures dog-years of use. Made to baby your pet - all our beds are made in a facility that meets the strict international...
- FOR DOGS OF ALL SIZES: We have options for pets of all sizes! EXTERIOR Dimensions (in inches): Small: 24x19x7, Medium: 31x25x8, Large: 38x30x9, XL: 44x37x10. INTERIOR Cushion Dimensions: Small: 16x11,...
9. Spruce Pup Indoor/Outdoor Folding Travel Dog Bed
Although it’s pricey for a travel bed, if you need a dog bed you can take in the car as well as use at home, this a fantastic choice.
Features & Pros
- Portable bed zips open and closed.
- Great for indoor and outdoor use.
- Made with high-quality, durable materials.
- Includes removable, washable waterproof fitted sheets made with soft faux-suede.
- 2-inch thick supportive foam and large pillow bolsters.
- Machine washable
- Includes stash pockets storage, and you can also use the bed itself to store things once zipped up!
- Small holds dogs up to 25lbs (medium goes up to 50lbs).
- Pricey for a travel bed.
- Only one color/style.
Honestly, lack of style options and price are the only cons I could come up with for this fabulous bed!
If you travel a lot with your Cocker Spaniel, it’s almost a must-have!
Even if you don’t take road trips with your dog, it’s still a very solid contender for my top pick.
- Ready for the road: portable dog bed zips open and closed to carry all your dog’s gear.
- Indoor or outdoor use: This dog bed is built with high-quality, durable materials and waterproof sheets to withstand indoor and outdoor use.
- Premium comfort: dense 2-inch supportive foam and Large pillow bolsters to provide ultimate comfort.
- Convenient/machine washable: stash pockets storage for quick and easy access to keys and Doggie bags. D-ring clips, daisy chains, and zipper pulls for travel convenience. Removable, Machine-washable,...
- Sizing: 20 L x 14 W x 6 H inches - ideal for Small dogs from 0 - 25 lbs.
10. Kuranda Dog Bed All Aluminum Bed Review
If you’re a regular reader of my dog bed buying guides, you had to know that Kuranda would should up at some point!
It truly is one of my favorite beds across all categories!
Features & Pros
- Patented, chewproof design.
- Made of lightweight aircraft grade aluminum.
- Raised design keeps your Cocker Spaniel cool all year round.
- Super easy to clean just by wiping down or hosing off.
- Heavy-duty vinyl hammock.
- Made in the USA
- 250-lb weight limit on ALL sizes (so if your child decides to plop down on it, it likely won’t break)
- Only a 1-year warranty
- A bit of a pain to put together
While I always recommend the all-aluminum heavy-duty nylon model, if your dog isn’t a chewer, you can get away with one of the cheaper models.
I can honestly say that all of these qualify as the best dog beds for Cocker Spaniels, so it’s hard to choose just one.
You can never go wrong with a Kuranda! If you want something cozier, though, I love the Best Friends by Sheri bed.
For the best all-around versatile “use it anywhere, anytime” bed, though, the Spruce is my top choice.
Your turn! What are your picks for the best dog beds for Cocker Spaniels? Share below!
Last update on 2023-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API