Shopping for the best dog beds for a Great Pyrenees?
Then you’ll want to check out our top ten picks below!
I chose ten with different qualities, from orthopedic to chew-proof to sofa-style beds- to help you find just the right one.
Take a look!
Our Top Pick
Want to skip all the reviews and just get our favorite bed for Great Pyrenees dogs? Grab the all-around wonderful Kuranda Chew-Proof Dog Bed!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Best Dog Beds for a Great Pyrenees
When choosing our picks for the best dog beds for a Greay Pyrenees, I looked at a few factors.
- Is it big enough for a 100+lb dog?
- Does it offer enough support for a breed prone to hip dysplasia?
- How will it hold up during each age and stage of your dog’s life?
- Is it a good value for the money? Not cheap, but a good overall value?
- What do other dog owners think of it?
While I chose the best beds based on these answers, you may also want to ask yourself:
- Do I need a chew-proof bed?
- Does it need to be waterproof?
- What about hypoallergenic?
I can’t answer those questions for you, but I provided enough details to help you make informed decisions.
Check the table below for a quick look at our top Amazon picks, then read on for more details.
1. Big Barker Dog Bed Review
Nine times out of ten, Big Barker will appear in my top 5 as one of the best dog beds for large breeds.
This is NOT that one time that it doesn’t. 😀
As long as your budget allows for it, you can’t go wrong with a Big Barker for your Great Pyrenees.
Let’s take a look at the basic features, then we’ll go over the pros and cons.
- Made specifically for large dogs (no sizes for the small fries!).
- Comes in 3 sizes- L, XL, and Giant (XXL). XL should be fine for most Great Pyrenees.
- 4 color options.
- 7″ of memory foam made entirely in the US.
- 10 year warranty (if it loses 10% of more of its shape, they’ll replace it).
- Soft machine-washable microfiber cover.
Pro & Cons
|Made in USA|
|Foam keeps cool|
As far as pros go, it’s hard to find a more supportive bed for your Great Pyrenees than the Big Barker.
Every aspect of the bed is made right here in the USA, which I know is a big pro for many of you.
Con-wise, it’s not waterproof unless you drop a pretty penny on an extra liner. It’s also not chew-proof.
I’d recommend this one for adult Great Pyrenees dogs who aren’t really chewers.
While it seems pricey, it’s actually pretty standard for a really good dog bed.
Size-wise, females could definitely go with the XL. For males, you may want to upgrade to the Giant.
- CALIBRATED FOR BIG DOGS: Available in Large, XL, Giant XXL dog bed sizes. Too powerful for small dogs.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN: University of Pennsylvania study data showed less pain, more mobility after using a Big Barker for just 28 days.
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY: American made therapeutic foam is the best quality you'll find in orthopedic dog beds. Won't flatten or pancake over time.
- MADE IN THE USA: Handmade by experienced craftsmen and craftswomen in our small Pennsylvania workshop.
- EASY TO CLEAN: machine washable. 100% Micro-suede cover. Soft to the touch, looks great in your home.
2. Kuranda Chew-Proof Bed
Kuranda is another one you see me mention quite often, so it shouldn’t surprise you to know that it’s one of the best beds for Great Pyrenees dogs.
If you have a chewer on your hands, this is definitely the one you want!
- Made with aircraft-grade aluminum
- Supports up to 250 lbs
- Elevated orthopedic design
- Made with a heavy solid vinyl cot
- 5 colors
- 6 sizes (go with the XXL for your GP)
- 1-year warranty
Pro & Cons
|Easy to clean|
|Hard to assemble|
While nothing is 100% chew-proof for super strong dogs, this one is as close as it gets.
It’s also very supportive, even without all the fluff. I also love how easy it is to clean.
While a lot of customers complain that it’s hard to put together, I’ve assembled similar beds and it’s not a total nightmare.
I recommend this one for all Great Pyrenees, from pups to seniors.
It’s a great indoor & outdoor bed, making it perfect for lounging on the deck with your dog.
3. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed
The Dog’s Bed by “The Dog’s Balls” (snicker, snicker) is one of the most highly rated beds on Amazon, and it’s easy to see why.
- Sizes ranging all the way up to XXXL (you’ll likely want the X or XXL, though)
- 6″ of memory foam, including 2” premium high density, orthopedic memory foam on a solid 4” base foam.
- Designed for older dogs as well as post-surgical pups.
- Removable washable cover
- Waterproof mattress protector
Pro & Cons
|Tons of colors|
|Cover not durable|
With a 4.5 star score across over 1,700 reviews, this is definitely a beloved bed.
On the down side, the cover isn’t quite as durable as one would hope, and the foam does tend to compress a bit under your dog’s weight.
However, all of the covers are replaceable, and you’ll find that issue with just about all memory foam.
I’d recommend this for a non-chewer who needs mid-level support. Basically, an adult Great Pyrenees.
- XXL Grey Plush 54” x 36” x 6” waterproof orthopedic dog bed. Solid 2” high density, orthopedic memory foam over a solid 4” base of high stability support foam with covers designed so that your bed fits your home decor seamlessly and your dog can stay close to the family
- A prudent preventative measure for younger dogs of breeds predisposed to joint conditions, ensuring your dog’s joints remain mobile into their senior years, improving their quality of life and keeping your dog healthy and active for longer
- Therapeutic bed designed to provide relief and comfort to tripawds, dogs with joint conditions such as hip and elbow dysplasia, arthritis, patella luxation, osteochondritis and other conditions such as torn cruciate ligaments so they can get the rest they need. Prevents elbow calluses as well as pressure sores due to immobility during illness or post-surgery
- The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic was designed to keep your best friend’s joints young for longer. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic is proven to restore the mobility and vitality of dogs, as well as helping them to sleep more soundly
- Bed comes with removable covers that are easy to wash, quick-drying and include a waterproof mattress protector to catch accidents associated with incontinence
4. Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Bully Beds wasn’t even on my radar a few months ago, but now they’re among my top 5 favorites!
Since it was made to be a Cane Corso dog bed, it’s definitely a good option for other large breeds like the Great Pyrenees.
- Made just for big dogs
- 7″ thick overall
- 4 sizes from M to XXL (I’d go with the XL for a GP)
- Machine-washable soft cover with heavy-duty zipper
- Includes a waterproof liner
- Bolster-style head rest on one end
- 3 color options
Pro & Cons
|Takes time to fluff|
As long as your dog doesn’t chew, it’s a struggle to find something wrong with Bully Beds.
Unlike Big Barker (to which it’s quite similar), it comes with a waterproof liner right off the bat.
The top cover is super soft & cozy, and the foam is Certi-PUR.
If you do feel like you need a heavy-duty cover, they sell one on their site. It’s not cheap, though.
The warranty is a bit of an issue. Although it’s among the longest in the industry, it only covers flattening of 2″ or more (or 30% of loft).
Bully Beds is definitely one of the best dog beds for a Great Pyrenees of all ages (as long as they don’t chew).
It’s also a good alternative to Big Barker for those on a slightly tighter budget.
- The Affordable Luxury Dog Bed that Provides Therapeutic Comfort For Large Dogs: Each Bully Bed, an orthopedic dog bed for large dogs, is designed to provide ample support for your furry friend. Our mattresses feature a 4.5 lb medical-grade orthopedic memory foam ideal for large, aging, elderly, or arthritic dogs with joint and muscular problems. Our beds are designed to support your dog's joints and hips to help reduce discomfort and give them the rest and sleep they need (and deserve).
- Dog Beds That Won't Go Flat: Every Bully Bed comes with an orthopedic foam that will not flatten by more than 2.5 inches. The high-density support material layered with the comfort memory foam can stack 7 inches high, keeping your pup off the hard floor underneath while contouring to and cushioning their body. Each orthopedic dog bed can hold over 400 lbs. easily without sinking, so that dog can use it for up to 20 years, making it great for any size and breed.
- Waterproof Dog Beds For Large Dogs: Each Bully Bed comes with a removable, washable microfiber cover, a heavy-duty chew-resistant zipper, and a non-slip base. The covers are 100% waterproof and won't absorb urine, water, saliva, vomit, and any other liquids. The liner sits inside the outer surface and completely encases the whole mattress, protecting all sides. It is also easily removable via a zipper for quick and straightforward cleaning.
- Durable & Long Lasting Pet Mattress: Give your furry friend a safe bed that lasts a lifetime. The foams that make each Bully Bed are safe for your dog and are CertiPUR-US approved. They contain no heavy metals or ozone depleters. It is also free of PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates, and CFCs.
- Satisfaction on Your Dog Bed or Your Money Back: We know your pets will love their new sleeping accommodations. Our goal is to offer a completely risk-free experience for dog owners, from our money-back pledge on undamaged beds to free shipping and even free return shipping if the bed doesn't work out for your pet.
5. Pet Support Systems Orthopedic Dog Bed
The Pet Support Systems bed is made by the Back Support Systems company.
If you haven’t heard of them, they specialize in eco-friendly back and neck pain relief products for people.
Let’s see how their pet bed measures up, shall we?
- Made with high-density medical-grade Certi-Pur memory foam
- Claims to be ” 5 times denser than other foam dog beds”
- 5 sizes (XL should be fine for most GPs, but larger males may need the XXl)
- Retains its temperature (won’t get too hot or cold)
- Soft removable and washable cover
- 4 color choices
Pro & Cons
|Made in USA|
|Only 4.5″ of foam|
|Cover a pain to remove|
Let’s start with the biggest drawback- the memory foam.
While the brand claims that it’s ” 5 times denser than other foam dog beds,” at 4.5″ it’s not nearly as thick as the Big Barker or Bully Beds.
Some customers say that the cover is a royal pain to remove, too.
However, on the plus side, it’s eco-friendly and hypoallergenic.
Overall, most customers rate it pretty high, giving it a total of 4.5 stars across just over 400 ratings.
While it’s not the most supportive overall on this list, the price is pretty fantastic for what it offers.
I like it for a puppy to a young adult GP (just as long as he doesn’t chew).
The XL supports up to 130 lbs, so it’s perfect for females and most males.
If you have a bigger GP (a Great Great Pyrenees, if you will) go with the XXL.
- SUPREME COMFORT AND CARE: While providing your dog with luxurious comfort, our premium orthopedic dog bed supports bone structure and posture. Provides whole body support for a happier and healthier dog.
- HIGH QUALITY MEMORY FOAM: The same premium memory foam we've been putting in mattresses, pillows, and other products for over 20 years. 5x denser than other foam dog beds to provide long lasting comfort & won't go flat over time like other pillows.
- EVEN MORE COMFORT: Resistant to temperature changes - stays the same in warm or cold climates. Comfortable and soft cover is easily removed and washable - makes accidents a breeze to clean.
- EVEN MORE COMFORT: Bed is resistant to temperature changes & stays the same in warm or cold climates. Comfortable and soft denim or micro suede cover is easily removed and washable, making accidents a breeze to clean
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Entire bed is washable. Made in the USA. Includes one (1) Gel Memory Foam Dog Bed.
6. Kopeks Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
The Kopeks Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed is a budget-friendly alternative to Big Barker, Bully Beds, and even the Pet Supports bed.
Let’s see how much you have to give up for the lower price, though, shall we?
- 7″ thick memory foam plus 3″ thick bolster pillow
- Hypoallergenic foam
- 2 water-resistant zippered covers
- Soft plush outer cover that’s removable and washable
- Anti-slip rubber bottom
- One size (XL) for this listing, so you don’t have to worry about getting the wrong size.
Pro & Cons
|Cover not durable|
While the cover isn’t all that durable and customers complain that it’s not as water-resistant as it claims, overall it’s a well-liked bed.
The price is probably the greatest pro, as not everyone can afford $200-300 for a dog bed.
Its origins are a bit of a mystery, though.
I’ve searched high and low for information on where Kopeks beds are made and yet to find a straight answer.
So if “made in the USA” is important to you, this may not be the right choice (then again, it may be, like I said, it’s a mystery).
Once again, I’d recommend this one for young adult dogs who don’t chew their beds.
- ✔️Your Spoiled one spends more than half its life sleeping. A KOPEKS memory Foam Bed Will immediately become their favorite spot!
- ✔️Special loving: great for pets with Arthritis or joint and muscle issues
- ✔️Dimensions: 50”L x 34”W x 7” thick memory foam plus a 3” thick pillow
- ✔️Premium memory foam: hypo-allergenic - Compare to therapeutic foam found in high end mattress stores
- ✔️Double layer protection – interior cover: 7” thick Orthopedic Memory Foam with a waterproof Fabric Zippered Cover exterior cover: soft, plush Suede with an Ant-Slip bottom zippered cover
Let’s take a trip over to Wayfair for the rest of the best dog beds for a Great Pyrenees.
Check out the table below for a quick peek, then read on for reviews.
Prices are accurate as of 3/5/20 and are subject to change. I rounded them to the nearest dollar.
|Rating||4.3 stars||4.7 stars||4.8 stars||4.6 stars|
|Top Feature||Bolster style||Sofa style||Supports 300 lbs||Made by Serta|
7. Fiona Dog Bolster Bed
The Fiona Dog Bolster bed is, as the name implies, a sofa-like bed with four sides.
- Comes in 5 sizes, but you’ll need the Jumbo Plus for sure.
- 5 color options
- Zippered and removable cover is machine-washable
- Made with Certi-PUR memory foam
- Water-resistant cover
- Low enough to ground for dogs with mobility issues
Pros & Cons
|Made in China|
Let’s start with the cons, as they help rule the bed in or out as an option more than anything.
First, if you prefer US-made products, you’ll want to just move on now. It’s made in China.
The other issues show us that it’s not a good pick for puppies, aggressive chewers, or diggers.
A look at the pros tells us that, aside from the bolsters on three sides, it’s really not anything we haven’t seen before.
However, for dogs who love the added support and security of bolsters, that difference is enough.
As with so many of the other beds, I’d say this is a good one for young adult dogs.
It’s not supportive enough for older Great Pyrenees and not durable enough for pups.
However, for a mellow GP who just wants to chill on his sofa, it’s a good option.
8. Fala Deluxe Orthopedic Sofa
The Fala is definitely one of the most attractive beds on this list. Looks aren’t everything though, so let’s see how it measures up in other ways.
- Perfect style for dogs who love to curl up to sleep
- Premium memory foam
- Soft faux suede and fleece removable cover
- Waterproof inner liner
- 2 color choices
- 2 sizes (definitely get the XL)
- XL supports up to 200 lbs
Pro & Cons
|Super soft cover|
|Doesn’t hold shape|
|Not super supportive|
The Fala scores 4.7 stars with a total of 400+ reviews, but there is one common complaint.
The bed comes rolled up and takes quite a while to fully fluff. Even when it does, a few customers say it never quite stays fluffed.
Over in the pros, though, the cover is super soft & cozy, plus it’s made with hypoallergenic materials.
Like I said, the Fala is beautiful, but it’s really only a good option for dogs who sleep curled up.
Even though the XL can definitely hold the weight of a Great Pyrenees, it won’t support his measurements if he likes to sprawl.
That said, it’s a good option for younger dogs who don’t need a lot of support, especially if you want something that looks nice in your family room.
9. Griego Quilted L-Chaise Lounge Dog Bed
The Griego bed is a mid-priced model that has close to 5 stars with just over 100 reviews.
- Made for big dogs
- Supports up to 300 lbs
- 7″ memory foam
- Soft quilted fake fur cover that’s removable & washable
- Includes a water-resistant mattress liner
- Velvet-covered bolsters for added support
- 3 sizes (the XL is your best bet)
- 3 colors
Pro & Cons
|Made in China|
With a 7″ CertiPUR-US memory foam mattress and a super cozy cover, there’s a lot to love here.
Factor in the relatively affordable price and it’s even more impressive.
However, remember that water-resistant isn’t even remotely the same thing as waterproof.
Spills and urine will seep through, in other words. Plus, it’s made in China.
As long as your GP isn’t a chewer and you’re okay with something made in China (that’s not always a bad thing), then this is an affordable pick.
However, it’s ONLY a good choice if it’s on sale when you go to buy it (like right now it’s 30% off).
If it’s back up to the $200+ price, then you’re better off sticking with either Bully Beds or Big Barker.
10. Serta Ortho Pillowtop Pet Bed
Like many other bed manufacturers, Serta’s dipping their paws into the pet bed market.
We know Serta is a master at making human beds, but let’s see how they do with dog beds (especially for the big guys).
- Two sizes, but you’ll want the XL for sure
- 4″ Orthopedic foam similar to that used in their mattresses
- Soft quilted sleep surface
- 7 different colors
- Made in the USA
Pros & Cons
|Not very thick|
I wanted to give you an option that wouldn’t break the bank.
So while it’s not the best dog bed for a Great Pyrenees overall, it’s among the best budget picks.
However, if you have a puppy, it’s not durable enough. If you have a senior, it’s not thick enough.
While I gave you my top pick- the Kuranda- at the top of this post, a couple other options were close in the race to #1.
The Big Barker and Bully Beds are equally fantastic options if you want a memory foam bed.
If your budget is too tight for those, the Kopeks is my top “budget-friendly” pick.
How about you? What are your picks for the best dog beds for a Great Pyrenees? Share below!
Last update on 2022-06-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API