Finding the best dog beds for a Cane Corso can definitely be a challenge!
While he may not be as big as his Neapolitan Mastiff cousin, he’s definitely no chihuahua either.
Below, we’ll talk about the right size and type of bed to buy your big buddy.
Then, I’ll share my favorite options with you!
Our Top Pick
Want to skip right to our favorite bed? Go with the Bully Beds Orthopedic dog bed.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
What size dog bed for a Cane Corso?
There’s really no quick and easy answer regarding the right size dog bed for a Cane Corso.
It really depends on just how big your Corso gets.
According to the AKC, they range from 23-27″ in height (females are smaller), and often weigh over 100 lbs.
If you have a puppy, I’d err on the side of caution and assume that “often” means “definitely.”
My friend had a female that weighed WELL over 100 lbs, and not because she was obese or anything. She was just a really big dog!
I suggest watching the video below to learn how to measure your Corso, then use those numbers as your guideline.
For most beds, you’ll likely need to go with an XL or even an XXL.
What else to consider when buying your Cane Corso a dog bed
Size matters for sure, but it’s not the only factor to consider. Let’s take a look at some other important features to look for.
As with all large breeds, the Cane Corso is prone to joint issues, like hip and elbow dysplasia, arthritis, and so on.
While you don’t necessarily have to go all out with an orthopedic bed when they’re young, it’s not a bad idea to do so if your budget allows.
Think of it this way- you’re never too young to appreciate a comfy bed, right?
Waterproof and/or easy to clean
My friend’s Corso was a gorgeous dog, but man could she drool! My friend used to walk around behind her with a towel!
Since this is a common Cane Corso trait, you’ll either want a bed that can handle a whole lot of slobber or one that’s washable.
Better yet, get one that’s both waterproof AND easy to clean!
While Corsos aren’t really prone to skin problems, it’s still a good idea to choose materials that are skin-friendly in general.
Kind of like how there’s never a bad time to get an orthopedic bed, you can never go wrong with gentle hypoallergenic materials.
Of course, you’ll also want something that can hold up to a strong and powerful breed like the Cane Corso!
Avoid cutesy beds that aren’t really made to last.
If it comes down to a choice between something that looks nice and something that actually lasts, go with the latter.
Large dog beds aren’t cheap, after all!
Now that we have a general idea of what to look for in the best dog bed for a Cane Corso, let’s check out my top picks!
Top 10 Best Dog Beds for a Cane Corso
As always, use the table below (the second one is about #6) for a quick peek at the beds, then read on for more details.
1. Big Barker Giant Orthopedic Dog Bed Review
Big Barker will always be in the top 5 when we’re talking about XL dog beds. I mean, their whole mission is making beds for large dogs!
Pros and Features
- Multiple sizes designed just for large breeds.
- 7″ of “Made in the USA” therapeutic memory foam
- 100% microfiber cover is gentle on skin.
- Cover wipes clean or can be machine-washed.
- The whole bed is made in the USA.
- 10 year “won’t flatten like a pancake” warranty
- Won’t hold up to digging or chewing.
- NOT waterproof unless you get the add-on
The Big Barker always exceeds my expectations, offering a stellar and reliable option for owners of large breeds.
Depending on your dog’s size, you can probably get away with their Large model, which will save you a good chunk of change.
Remember, though, Big Barker’s beds aren’t chew-proof.
They also don’t come with a waterproof cover right out of the box. You have to buy it separately, and it’s definitely not cheap.
I think you’d almost be better off just getting a cheap mattress liner and wrapping it around the bed, then putting their regular cover on top.
- Dog Beds for Large Dogs: Finally, your big furry friend can stretch, curl up, and rest comfortably all on one bed; Thick, quality-assured foam and soft microsuede make Big Barker beds the only orthopedic dog beds for large dogs
- Clinically Shown to Reduce Joint Pain: Study data has shown that our raised dog beds help ease joint pain and improve mobility; The headrest supports your pet’s head while they sprawl across the rest of the giant dog sofa bed
- Washable Microsuede Cover: Big Barker’s covers are machine washable & smell-resistant; The fabric is designed to withstand rubbing, digging & nesting; Easily remove the zippered cover for shrink-free washing, stain cleaning, or even quick replacement
- Intuitive Zippered Design: We’ve designed our beds with the zipper tucked in & seams sleekly incorporated to keep your pup comfortable; Not only is the microfiber material durably woven, it’s designed to look great in your home
- Elevated Foam Dog Bed: Our foam dog furniture is made in the USA, sustainably sourced & quality-assured to not flatten or pancake over time; Let your best friend rest easy in a soft & durable raised bed backed by a 10-Year Warranty by Big Barker
2. Kuranda All-Aluminum Dog Bed
If you have a fairly destructive Corso, you’ll need a fairly indestructible bed like the Kuranda.
It’s one of the strongest beds you can buy!
Features & Pros
- Chew-proof frame made with aircraft-grade materials
- Supports up to 250 lbs
- Cooling elevated design
- Orthopedic hammock made from heavy vinyl.
- Heavy duty vinyl hammock
- Very easy to clean, just wipe down or hose off
- Hard to assemble
- Short warranty (1 year)
Whenever someone says, “I need a chew-proof bed that’s actually chew-proof,” the Kuranda is always my answer.
As far as putting it together goes, yeah, all cot-like beds are a pain, but not as bad as some make it sound.
Totally worth the frustration, if you ask me!
Take a look at our complete Kuranda dog bed review for more details.
- ORIGINAL CHEWPROOF BED AND STILL THE BEST - Designed in Maryland in 1995. Patent #US5992348. Still the best. Best design. Best materials. Best workmanship. Best customer service.
- BEST DESIGN - Oversize rails (larger than all competitors) protect fabric in frame. Orthopedic design provides long lasting even support to your dog's joints.
- BEST MATERIALS - Aircraft grade aluminum and high strength PVC won't rust. Premium fabric are abrasion resistant, treated against UV and clean easily. Stainless steel fasteners.
- BEST WORKMANSHIP - Kuranda has been manufacturing elevated, orthopedic dog beds in Baltimore, Maryland since 1995.
- BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE - If you have a question about our beds call or email us. The people who make the beds are the ones who answer the phones and return your email.
3. BULLY BEDS ORTHOPEDIC MEMORY FOAM DOG BED
When it comes to the best dog beds for a Cane Corso, you can’t go wrong with one that was actually made for the breed!
Bully Beds’ founders wanted something better than what was available for their Corso, Bully (hence the name).
FEATURES & PROS
- Made specifically for large dogs, especially the Cane Corso
- 7″ premium memory foam mattress
- Supportive enough for senior Corsos
- Soft yet durable cover that’s gentle on your dog’s skin.
- Comes with a waterproof liner.
- Outer cover is machine washable.
- Includes a 20-year “won’t flatten” guarantee.
- Not chew-proof, but you can buy a tougher cover on their site.
- Warranty only kicks in after the bed flattens by 2+”
- The medium is not as thick (but you’ll want the large anyway)
While it’s not chew-proof, they do sell a tougher cover on their website. It’s pricey, though. Like $90 for a large.
However, like I said, it was designed specifically for the breed! It’s also more affordable than the Big Barker, the next most similar bed on this list.
Check out our Bully Beds vs. Big Barker comparison for a complete review.
4. K9 BALLISTICS CHEW PROOF ELEVATED DOG BED
The K9 Ballistics is close to the Kuranda as far as chew-proof beds go.
FEATURES & PROS
- Made with an all aluminum frame.
- Strong proprietary RIPSTOP fabric hammock
- Easy to clean
- Elevated design
- Comes in several colors
- Arrives assembled
- Very short warranty (180 days, just on the fabric)
- Corners are a bit weak
I don’t love the super short and limited warranty, but I do love the fact that it arrives assembled.
Since that was everyone’s biggest complaint (how hard these beds are to put together), that slashes one major con right off the list.
Read the full review K9 Ballistics “Cujo Cot” review for more details.
- Chew Proof Dog Bed: For dogs who persistently chew their beds, and who've turned lesser dog beds into a pile of rags. Not just chew resistant, this dog bed is an indestructible dog bed.
- Chew Resistant Dog Bed: This elevated dog bed resists all destructive dog habits such as chewing, biting, scratching, digging, and nesting. This is due in part to the full aluminum dog bed design, and also to the ripstop ballistic fabric used for the bed.
- 170 Day Chew Proof Armored Warranty - If your dog chews through or damages any part of their bed within 120 days of receiving it, we will replace the damaged component(s) once free of charge.
- Crate Dog Bed: Designed to fit in all standard size dog crates. This crate dog bed fits snuggly (not tight) without any gaps. This helps keep your dog safe in his crate, and also helps prevent damage a dog's attempts to damage the crate dog bed.
- Arrives pre-assembled. Heavy Duty Aluminum Chew Proof Dog bed.
5. THE DOG’S BED ORTHOPEDIC DOG BED
The Dog’s Bed is one of Amazon’s most beloved options, with 4.5 stars across 1,660+ ratings.
For your Corso, I’d go with either the XL or XXL option.
FEATURES & PROS
- XXL model is 6″ thick
- Waterproof cover and additional waterproof mattress protector
- Designed for dogs with joint problems.
- Several colors and sizes
- You can buy replacement covers if needed
- Not chew proof
- The XL option is sold out on Amazon, so you’ll have to go with XXL
- Cover isn’t durable
The Dog’s Bed by The Dog’s Balls is a good choice IF you have a Cane Corso who doesn’t chew.
The cover isn’t the best, but it looks like they lowered the cost on replacements (the last time I looked, they were way too pricey).
It’s not my favorite orthopedic bed for large breeds, but it’s definitely up there in the top 5.
- XXL Grey with Orange Trim (Easy Clean Cover) 54x36x6” waterproof orthopedic dog bed. Solid 2” high density, orthopedic memory foam over a solid 4” base of high stability support foam with covers designed so that your bed fits your home decor seamlessly and your dog can stay close to your family
- A prudent preventative measure for younger dogs of breeds predisposed to joint conditions, ensuring your dog’s joints remain mobile into their senior years, improving their quality of life and keeping your dog healthy and active for longer
- Therapeutic bed designed to provide relief and comfort to tripawds, dogs with joint conditions such as hip and elbow dysplasia, arthritis, patella luxation, osteochondritis and other conditions such as torn cruciate ligaments so they can get the rest they need. Prevents elbow calluses as well as pressure sores due to immobility during illness or post-surgery
- The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic was designed to keep your best friend’s joints young for longer. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic is proven to restore the mobility and vitality of dogs, as well as helping them to sleep more soundly
- Bed comes with removable covers that are easy to wash, quick-drying and include a waterproof mattress protector to catch accidents associated with incontinence
6. K9 BALLISTICS TOUGH RECTANGLE
K9 Ballistics makes a “tough” dog bed for those who prefer something a little more traditional and mattress-like.
While it’s not quite as strong as their “Cujo Cot” above, it’s still one of the strongest of its kind.
PROS AND FEATURES
- Made in the USA with CertiPUR-US foam
- Chew resistant
- Dig resistant
- Made with their durable RIPSTOP Ballistic material
- Cover is machine-washable
- 120-DAY CHEW PROOF WARRANTY on the cover
- 15 colors
- Warranty only on the cover, not the mattress
- Expensive compared to thicker models.
- Only 5″ thick
I do feel like the price is a bit high when you look at the overall thickness of Big Barker or Bully Beds.
However, it is more chew-resistant than those models, so that’s definitely a factor.
Remember, though, the warranty covers ONLY the cover itself.
If your dog chews through that AND destroys the mattress, you’re out of luck (not to mention out $200+!).
7. Dogbed4less Memory Foam Dog Bed
The Dogbed4less Memory Foam Dog Bed is proof positive that you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars to get a decent Cane Corso dog bed.
FEATURES & PROS
- Made with gel memory foam that’s as cooling as it is comfy
- Comes with a soft removable washable MicroSuede external zipper cover
- Also includes a Waterproof internal zipper cover
- Only 4″ thick
- Not chew-proof
- Not as durable as some of the other options
While it’s not as thick as other orthopedic dog beds on this list, the price is a bit easier to handle for those on a tight budget.
I’d recommend it for a young Corso who is past chewing but not quite at the achy joint stage.
- 2 LAYER OF COVERS - The bed comes with x1 removable washable MicroSuede external zipper cover in grey color + x1 Waterproof internal zipper cover and x1 gel memory foam pad for best comfort, easy cleaning and long lasting.
- TRUE ORTHOPEDIC SUPPORT - Solid Extra Large 47"X29"X4" top rated gel infused temperature regulating memory foam provides the support and relieves the pain of arthritis. Pad will not flatten overtime to promote better sleep and healthy joint for your dogs.
- MORE THAN JUST A NORMAL BED - Better than your average human grade mattress with conforming therapeutic comfort. The combined benefits of pressure point relief, alignment support, cooler sleeping surface and less allergens come together to create the ideal environment for deeper and more restful sleep.
- DURABLE WASHABLE COVER - Comfortable and heavy weight 200 GSM Microfiber Faux Suede with strong zipper and extra stitching to prolong the life of the pet bed. Available in small medium to jumbo large 5 sizes. Best quality you'll find in orthopedic dog beds.
- EXCELLENT QUALITY - Premium materials, quality construction and smart features providing many years of comfort and support with best value for your money. Try it yourself and you will love it too. Fits into XL 48x30 or 30x48 inches crate.
8. Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed
The Laifug is another affordable option for Cane Corso dogs that are done with their chewing stage.
- Proprietary double pillow SMART design, one is 4″ and one 2.5″ high.
- Made with orthopedic memory foam.
- Retains its shape for at least three years.
- Waterproof liner.
- Water resistant & tear resistant cover
- Removable cover is machine washable
- Supports up to 200 lbs
- Only one size.
- A few complaints about the durability of the zipper
- Shorter “pancake” guarantee than other similar beds
For the most part, this is a well-loved bed among large dog owners.
One reviewer even said it’s the only bed that can hold her Cane Corso.
At just a smidge over $100, it’s a bit easier on the wallet than my favorite models, and you’re not giving up too much in exchange.
- Laifug dog bed exclusive design,Double Pillow Smart Design
- Smart Design:High 3" Pillow and 1.8" Pillow to PET Head Neck to Provide Maximum Comfort Support security
- Orthopedic Memory Foam:30D Super Soft Foam and 45D Memory Foam.Provide Maximum Comfort Support.Won't flatten.The famous Laifug foam will retain at least 90% of its shape support for the next 3 years
- Cover Design Waterproof liner:Custom fabric:100% Microfiber cover(210g).Water resistant tear resistant cover.Removable cover is machine washable.Soft to the touch.Simple to spot clean remove hair.Tumble dry on Gentle setting
- Extra Large Bed 50"L x 36"W x 10"H dimensions for dogs 200 pounds and under. Laifug foam bed will become your pets favorite sleeping spot
9. Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler
For this one, you’ll definitely want to wait until your Corso is way past the puppy chewing stage!
Once he gets there, though, he’ll love the super snuggly donut cuddler.
FEATURES & PROS
- Made with vegan nylon and pet-safe faux fur.
- Ideal for dogs who curl up to sleep.
- Raised rim makes him feel secure
- Super soft filling
- Machine-washable shell
- No filling in the middle, so not good for older Cane Corso dogs.
- Definitely not chew-proof
- Not waterproof either.
I offer this as an option because I wanted to give you something other than just a list of square beds.
The largest size holds dogs up to 150 lbs, so it should be roomy enough for most Corsos (especially smaller females).
It’s super duper snuggly! Makes me want to grab one for myself!
- DONUT PET BED; 45in round dog bed for pets up to 150lbs; this includes breeds such as Bernese Mountain Dog, Saint Bernard, Newfoundland, Bullmastiff, etc
- CALMING COMFORT DESIGN; round shape and 9in tall bolster make this the perfect bed for cuddling up and burrowing, helping to calm dog anxiety and provide a sense of security while your pet sleeps
- LOFTY AND SUPPORTIVE; filled and finished in the USA with premium high loft and high density polyfill for long-lasting support and comfort
- SAFE FOR HOME AND PETS; made with materials that are free from harsh dyes, skin irritating chemicals, formaldehyde, and flame retardants
- MACHINE WASHABLE BED SHELL; use zippers to remove interior fill; machine wash bed shell only; to better protect the shag material, turn shell inside out; please see our pro tips and special care instructions for more details
10. FRIENDS FOREVER ORTHOPEDIC BOLSTER BED
Last on our list of the best dog beds for a Cane Corso, we have a full bolster bed that’s pretty affordable.
FEATURES & PROS
- Made with human-grade mattress foam
- Water-resistant liner
- Fur and hair resistant cover makes it easy to clean.
- Cushioned plush bolster on all sides
- Cover is machine-washable
- Non-skid bottom
- Rubber on bottom isn’t durable.
- Not chew proof.
- Water-resistant, but not waterproof.
- Only holds up to 130 lbs
You’ll have to go with the largest size, as it’s the only one that’s roomy enough for a Corso.
It’s affordable, though, and has plenty of great reviews from other users.
- ORTHOPEDIC DOG BEDS - Our pet sofa Features orthopedic memory foam with bolster wall design for added security and calming effect and superior support for your pet's neck & head for ultimate comfort
- DURABLE DOG BED - Water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam froviding pressure point relief and ensuring long-lasting durability. The wooden floor non-skid bottom adds an extra layer of safety for your pet, particularly for older pets
- MODERN DESIGN - Modern dog couch with classy design complementing your home decor while providing optimal comfort for your furry companion
- SIZE - Suitable for All Breeds: 40"W x 50"L x 13"D; Sleeping surface: 33"W x 38"L (Jumbo up to 130lbs). Unbox ideally in a well-ventilated area to air out the product from the "new" smell; it may take up to 48-hours for the bed to fully expand
- EASY CARE - The water resistant liner keeps bed clean and dry. Removable water resistant bed cover is machine washable; and your purchase is covered by a limited 1-Year warranty, we stand by our promise on quality
While the Bully Beds is my favorite (especially since it was made for a Cane Corso), these are all good options, or I wouldn’t even mention them at all!
That said, my 2nd favorite is the Kuranda because it’s built super tough, just like your Corsi!
What do you think are the best dog beds for a Cane Corso? Share below!
Last update on 2023-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API