If you have a pair of snuggle buddies who can’t stand being separated, then you definitely want to check out these best dog beds for 2 dogs!
See, it’s not enough to just buy a giant bed and call it a day.
Some beds may look big enough for a cuddly duo, but the design makes it hard for both pups to get comfy.
Don’t worry, though, I’ll help you pick out the perfect nap spot for your canine best friends!
From extra-wide beds to double dog beds made specifically for two, I’ve got you covered!
Read on to find out what to look for in dog beds for two dogs, then check out my favorites.
How to Choose the Best Dog Bed for 2 Dogs
It sounds simple enough, right? Just buy a model big enough to accommodate both of them and voila, double dog bed!
Sure, that could work out just fine, but if you look at some beds, they’re designed in such a way that only one dog can really find the “sweet spot.”
For example, they may have extra padding or stuffing in the center, where the bulk of your dog’s weight sits.
Or perhaps they have a cradle shape made for one, or a “cup” in the middle of bolsters designed for a single dog that likes to sleep curled up.
Some XL beds may even be calibrated just for giant breeds, making them a poor choice for two small dogs.
So, what do you look for when buying a dog bed for two dogs? Here are the features that I paid close attention to:
- Overall bed shape: some shapes are just better for two. For example, a long rectangular bed vs a donut-shaped cuddler.
- Uniform stuffing throughout: rather than extra stuffing at certain “pressure points.”
- Memory foam calibration: if it’s calibrated for giant breeds (like the Big Barker line), I can’t recommend grabbing one for two small dogs. I can, however, recommend them for big dogs (see below).
- Usable Space: It’s not enough to just look at the measurements for a bed, you have to look at how much of that is actually sleep surface and how much is devoted to things like bolsters, the frame, etc.
Ready to find out about my top picks? Read on for great dog beds for 2 from Amazon!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Best Dog Beds for 2 Dogs on Amazon
Let’s start our search for the best dog bed for 2 dogs over on Amazon since they have the most diverse selection.
Check out the table below, then read on for more details.
1. Big Barker Giant Dog Bed for 2 Large Dogs
As I mentioned above, I wouldn’t recommend a Big Barker bed for two small dogs.
Yes, it’s definitely large enough to accommodate an entire pack of poodles, but the foam is designed specifically for our big canine companions.
Features & Pros
- The Giant size is definitely big enough for two large breed dogs.
- Super premium memory foam is calibrated to support big dogs’ joints.
- Guaranteed to retain 90% of its shape for 10 years or you’ll get a refund.
- Machine-washable microfiber cover.
- Made in the USA (in my home state of Pennsylvania, actually, which I just realized)
- Big Barker donates beds to K9 police dogs. Not a pro of the bed itself, but it does make me love them even more.
- It’s pricey. That’s really the only major con!
- It’s also not chew-proof, but it doesn’t promise to be, so I can’t take off points for that.
- The replacement cover is very expensive (about half the cost of the bed itself)
When Big Barker is an option, it’s almost always going to be my #1 recommendation.
While this isn’t a good pick for two small or medium dogs, if you need a roomy bed for your large-breed duo, this is the best of the best.
It’s expensive, yes, but as Big Barker says, it’s not a dog bed, it’s a real bed for your dog, made with the same therapeutic memory foam found in human beds.
- Dog Beds for Large Dogs: Finally, your big furry friend can stretch, curl up, and rest comfortably all on one bed; Thick, quality-assured foam and soft microsuede make Big Barker beds the only orthopedic dog beds for large dogs
- Clinically Shown to Reduce Joint Pain: Study data has shown that our raised dog beds help ease joint pain and improve mobility; The headrest supports your pet’s head while they sprawl across the rest of the giant dog sofa bed
- Washable Microsuede Cover: Big Barker’s covers are machine washable & smell-resistant; The fabric is designed to withstand rubbing, digging & nesting; Easily remove the zippered cover for shrink-free washing, stain cleaning, or even quick replacement
- Intuitive Design Prevents Chewing: We’ve designed our beds with the zipper tucked in & seams sleekly incorporated so that your pup can't easily chew; Not only is the microfiber material durably woven, it’s designed to look great in your home
- Elevated Foam Dog Bed: Our foam dog furniture is made in the USA, sustainably sourced & quality-assured to not flatten or pancake over time; Let your best friend rest easy in a soft & durable raised bed backed by a 10-Year Warranty by Big Barker
2. Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Donut Bed
As far as donut-shaped beds go, the Best Friends by Sheri Vegan Shag Donut is definitely your best option for two dogs.
Features & Pros
- Made with animal-friendly vegan materials
- Ideal for two dogs who like to sleep curled up together.
- Raised rim envelops your dogs in warmth.
- Super soft filling
- Comes in multiple sizes, including with or without the zipper.
- Made with nylon and pet-safe faux fur.
- Machine-washable shell
- The largest size is great for two small to medium dogs
- No filling in the middle, so it’s not the most supportive double dog bed
- Definitely not recommended for chewers
- If you’re not really careful about drying it in the dryer right away, the faux fur gets matted.
While this is among my favorite overall dog beds, it’s not my top choice for two dogs who like to sleep sprawled out.
However, if you have two “curlers,” the donut shape will work out just fine for them.
- CALMING DOG BED SUPPORTS BETTER SLEEP: Thanks to its round shape, our high-quality Donut Cuddler cat and dog bed is ideal for pets who love to curl up. The raised rim creates a sense of security and provides head and neck support, while the super soft filling offers joint and muscle pain relief.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT: Cozy, flexible, and finished with vegan faux shag fur, our warming luxury dog bed is reminiscent of a mother’s fur coat. Paired with deep crevices that allow your pet to burrow, animals will have full, restful sleep for improved behavior and better health. The uniquely designed CoziLoft fibers keep their loft for up to 3Xs longer than standard pet beds.
- VERSATILE DESIGN and MAINTENANCE: Available in beautifully natural colors, our cat and dog donut beds are a seamless addition to any room’s décor. Finished with water and dirt-resistant bottoms, accidental messes will be prevented from reaching your floors. Removable shells available on size M-2XL beds are machine washable. The entirety of the small-sized bed is machine washable. (Do not leave bed to air dry, as this may lead to tangling and matting of the faux fur).
- PET-SAFE MATERIALS: Tested through Consumer Product Safety Commission certified labs to ensure safety for you and your pets. Free from: flame retardants, formaldehyde, skin irritating chemicals, harsh dyes.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Designed from Los Angeles, CA, our local customer service is only a phone call or email away to address any concerns and questions to ensure you and your pets are happy with your purchase.
3. Kuranda: Best Elevated Dog Bed for Two Dogs
Prefer an elevated dog bed that your pups can’t destroy? You’ll definitely want to invest in the Kuranda.
While there are other cheaper elevated beds, for two dogs you really need something super sturdy.
You can’t get much sturdier than one of the few chew-proof beds out there!
Features & Pros
- Chewproof frame made from aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Heavy duty vinyl stretches taut across the frame, so there are no “sag points.”
- Supports up to 250 lbs, making it great for two large-breed dogs.
- The elevated design keeps both dogs cool and comfy.
- No stuffing means no defluffing.
- Waterproof and easy to clean, making it a great outdoor dog bed for 2 dogs.
- Only one model is chew-proof and super durable, so make sure you don’t accidentally get the wrong one (you want the all-aluminum heavy-duty one).
- Kind of has a cruddy warranty- just one year.
- A challenge to assemble.
- Size refers to the overall bed and not just the usable surface, so pay close attention when buying.
As far as elevated dog beds for two dogs go, this is really the only one that I feel comfortable recommending.
The same features that make it a top-of-the-line chew-resistant bed also make it strong enough for two pups.
- ORIGINAL CHEWPROOF BED AND STILL THE BEST - Designed in Maryland in 1995. Patent #US5992348. Still the best. Best design. Best materials. Best workmanship. Best customer service.
- BEST DESIGN - Oversize rails (larger than all competitors) protect fabric in frame. Orthopedic design provides long lasting even support to your dog's joints.
- BEST MATERIALS - Aircraft grade aluminum and high strength PVC won't rust. Premium fabric are abrasion resistant, treated against UV and clean easily. Stainless steel fasteners.
- BEST WORKMANSHIP - Kuranda has been manufacturing elevated, orthopedic dog beds in Baltimore, Maryland since 1995.
- BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE - If you have a question about our beds call or email us. The people who make the beds are the ones who answer the phones and return your email.
4. Friends Forever Orthopedic Bolster Bed for Two
While I don’t feel like bolster beds are the best option for two dogs, if you disagree or have your heart set on one, this is the way to go.
Features & Pros
- Made with human-grade mattress foam
- A water-resistant liner helps protect the foam against accidents.
- Cushioned plush bolster wraps around to the front, perfect for dogs who like to lean up against something when they sleep.
- Machine-washable fur and hair-resistant cover makes it easy to clean.
- Non-skid bottom
- While the cover is durable, the non-skid features on the bottom aren’t.
- Not chew proof.
- Super confusing warranty. It’s a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee yet only a limited warranty. Which is it?
If your dogs like to sleep up against the back of the sofa together feet to feet (with their heads on opposite arms), this is a good pick.
The fact that it’s fairly budget-friendly definitely helps!
- Designed with extra care, your pet's comfort is our priority, Your dog will get a solid night's sleep in this luxurious bed, The cushioned plush poly-fill bolster provides your dog exceptional comfort, even for dogs with joint pain or arthritis
- Water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam, this orthopedic bed has been put to the test proven to be durable and long lasting. It may come with a "new" smell. unbox and air out the product ideally in a well-ventilated area, you can aid using a fan to increase air circulation to expedite the process.
- Bed Size: 50 x 40 x 13 inches. Sleeping surface:33"W x 38"L. Huge clearance is perfect for a couple smaller pets who like it cozy or 1 large dog or 1 extra large dog breed up to 130lbs, Great head, hip and bone support
- Pet-Loving parents will score major points from their dogs with this new, ideal and comfy bed. non-skid, non-slip bottom help the bed to stay in place
- Easy to Clean and durable: Removable cover is machine-washable and your purchase is covered by a limited 1-Year warranty, we stand by our promise on quality
5. K9 Ballistics Tough Orthopedic Dog Bed Rectangle
While Kuranda beat out K9 Ballistics in my top pick for an elevated dog bed for 2 dogs, this one tops my recommendations for the best chew-resistant foam bed.
Features & Pros
- Multiple sizes, so there’s one for every duo!
- Made in the USA with CertiPUR-US foam
- Chew and dig resistant
- Durable RIPSTOP Ballistic cover
- The cover is removable and machine washable.
- 120-Day warranty on the cover: If your dog damages the bed cover within the first 120 days, they’ll replace the cover once free of charge.
- Comes in 15 different colors.
- The memory foam isn’t nearly as thick as the Big Barker’s foam.
- The warranty is only for the cover, so if your dogs get through it and shred the foam, you’re pretty much up the proverbial creek.
This is a great pick if you need a supportive bed for an older dog that’s also durable enough for a puppy.
While it’s not totally chew-proof, it’s definitely more of a challenge to destroy than some of the other foam beds on this list.
6. FurHaven Orthopedic Luxury Edition Dog Bed
While most of Furhaven’s bolster-style beds are better suited to one dog, this is the exception.
The single high bolster at the back and two lower side bolsters won’t interfere with your duo’s comfort.
Features & Pros
- Orthopedic sofa bed with extra-thick foam
- Has a plush faux fur sleep surface on one side and soft suede on the other.
- Bolsters give both dogs a comfy headrest
- The zippered, removable cover is machine washable.
- Water-resistant liner
- Three different sizes & two color options
- Takes a while for the entire bed to expand, so one dog may have a comfy spotter sooner than the other.
- The liner is only water-resistant, not waterproof.
- Not chew-resistant.
As I mentioned earlier, I don’t love the idea of a bolster bed for two dogs, just because of the way my dogs always slept.
However, of all the bolsters, I really do think this is the best option.
- PET FRIENDLY DESIGN: The bed features a classic sofa design with side rails and a distinguished curved back rest, all of which promote security and provide additional high-loft cushion support for head resters, as well as cozy nestling nooks for burrowers
- SLEEP SURFACE: The bolsters and back rest are wrapped in easy-care micro suede, while the removable foam base features the same material along with ultra plush faux fur as reversible surfaces to better suit your pet's desired form of comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The solid orthopedic foam is dense and thick, providing maximum high-loft comfort for all breeds, while the foam-filled bolsters help provide optimum support for the beck, back, hips, and joints for a more restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Stone Gray; Large, 42" x 34" x 13" (8" Side Bolster; Sleep Pad: 30" x 28" x 5")
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in French Roast and Stone Gray; it's also available in Medium, Large, and Jumbo
- EASY CARE: Pets can present some unique cleaning challenges, which is why Furhaven made sure that the removable dog bed cover is completely machine washable for your convenience
- CUSTOMER ASSURANCE: The product comes with a 90-day limited coverage against material defects and may also qualify for our 60-Day Worry-Free Program; but restrictions apply: purchases from unauthorized third-party resellers may not be covered by Furhaven
- NOT SUITABLE for pets with excessive teething or destructive chewing behavior
7. Big Barker Orthopedic Crate Pad for Two
While most trainers recommend that each dog has their own crate, I realize that some dogs like to share.
In that case, you’ll want a crate pad large and comfy enough to support both of their weight, right?
The Big Barker is, once again, among the best options. This time, we’re looking at their crate mat.
Features & Pros
- Sized to perfectly fit inside a large crate (just make sure you choose the right size)
- American-made foam that won’t flatten like a pancake over time
- Orthopedic foam comforts your dogs’ joints in a hard crate.
- Cover is 100% waterproof and highly tear resistant.
- Easy to clean, machine washable.
- Made in the USA.
- Not chew-resistant, especially for aggressive chewers.
- Not nearly as durable as Big Barker’s other beds.
- Very pricey for a crate pad
Again, it’s best for each dog to have their own crate, but if they do share, this is a good way to keep them both comfy.
Just remember, it’s not chew-resistant, so if you have rowdy pups who love to eat everything in sight, it’s not going to last long.
8. Dog Bed for Small Dogs
Looking for something that’s just the right size for two small dogs? Try this one!
Features & Pros
- Conjoined design for two dogs
- Stylish pattern
- Super plush and soft bedding
- Non-slip bottom
- Only big enough for small breeds
- No removable cover
This one is obviously best for your smallest canine pals. I’d say maybe a pair of chihuahuas. Maybe a Maltese. Anything beyond that is pushing it.
- 🐶【Unique twins--Conjoin Design 】:We provide this conjoined pet bed so that your two cats or two small dogs can live together like twins. The unique design will make your babies happy.
- 🐶【High-Quality Materials】:The inner sleeping place is plush, soft and delicate fabric , so that your pet will feel very comfortable and warm. The outer face is made of the high quality Corn granulated plush fabric ,Make the whole appearance look very luxurious and elegant.
- 🐶【Non-Slip Bottom】:The rectangular bed comes with a non-slip bottom that ensures the bed doesn't move and keeps your pet safe.
- 🐶【Easy to Care】:The pet bed can be machine washed. You only need to put the entire bed in the washing machine and Tumble dry low . It is recommended to wash and dry separately.
- 🐶【Pls Noted】:As the bed is vacuum-packed for about 3 monthes, Pls gently rub repeatedly and leave it for about 24 hours in order to regain the orginal shape before your pet uses it..After washing and drying , the shape of the product will recover better.
9. LaiFug Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
As the picture itself implies, the LaiFug is just the right size for two pups.
I know I said “no” to most bolster beds, but this one has bolsters on all four sides, so no one goes without.
Features & Pros
- Made with high quality memory foam dog bed
- Laifug foam retains at least 90% of its shape & support for 3 years.
- One-piece cut high quality foam pillows (not just polyfill bolsters, in other words)
- Waterproof liner between the cover and the foam.
- Removable, washable cover made of soft faux suede.
- Holds up to 150lbs, so it’s great for two medium dogs, or one large and one small.
- A few customers complain that the inner foam never quite “inflates” all the way.
- Foam is only about 3.5″ thick, so it’s not the most supportive bed.
- Only a 3-year guarantee to keep its shape.
While the “won’t flatten” guarantee isn’t even half as long as Big Barker’s, this bed is super affordable at just under $100.
Just keep the weight limit in mind. It’s obviously not going to work for two large German Shepherds. However, it’s a good option for a Shepherd and a Mini Poodle!
- Pressure-reducing memory foam and durable support foam for the perfect all-around dog bed
- High Thickness Memory Foam，Take careful precautions with puppies prone to joint disease, ensuring your dog's joints remain active in their advanced years, improving their quality of life and keeping your dog healthy and healthy for longer active
- If there is a problem with the missing middle set, please contact LaiFug and we will reissue it for you.Features a removable, waterproof suede cover that is machine washable for easy cleaning
- Soft open-cell memory foam of polyurethane polymer ensures pets a comfortable sleeping experience and keeps them warm throughout the day
- Bed with removable cover for easy cleaning, quick drying and a waterproof mattress protector to prevent incontinence related accidents
10. K&H Pet Products Superior Orthopedic Pet Bed
K&H is another brand that you’ll often see me recommending. They make a diverse line of beds in fairly budget-friendly price ranges.
As far as the best dog bed for 2 dogs goes, this is my top pick out of their line.
Features & Pros
- Made with 5 inches of medical grade orthopedic foam for superior comfort and support.
- Gentle on pressure points
- Removable, machine washable cover
- It’s reversible. Just flip it over to go from poly/cotton to thicker microfleece.
- Comes in three sizes.
- None of the sizes is really large enough for two big dogs.
- Not waterproof or chew proof.
- While the foam is good for the average dog, it’s not dense enough for pups who need extra support.
This is a good basic mid-range option for two dogs, meaning it’s nothing terribly fancy yet also not terrible, either!
I would buy it for two pups who are past their chewing stage yet not quite at the point where they need a high-quality orthopedic bed.
- ORTHOPEDIC DOG BED: Truly a superior quality orthopedic mattress pet bed that cradles your pet in orthopedic comfort & support
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Ultimate comfort of 5 full inches of solid premium grade orthopedic foam that support the neck, back, and hips and creates a comfy senior dog bed
- EASY CARE: Cover is removable for washing and is reversible. Plush solid on one side, paw print on the other
- MULTIPLE OPTIONS: Available in multiple sizes for small to large breed dogs or cats and multiple colors to match any home decor
- BRAND YOU TRUST: Designed by K&H with 20 years of experience in creating innovative, quality products
While the best dog bed for 2 dogs depends on the dogs that will be using it, if I had to pick one that worked well for pretty much all situations, it would be the Kuranda.
As long as you get the all-aluminum heavy duty vinyl one in the right size, it meets pretty much every need: comfy, durable, supportive, and roomy!
How about you? What are your picks for the best dog beds for two dogs? Share below!
Last update on 2023-03-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API