If you have a pair of snuggle buddies who can’t stand being separated, then you definitely want to check out these best dog beds for 2 dogs!
See, it’s not enough to just buy a giant bed and call it a day.
Some beds may look big enough for a cuddly duo, but the design makes it hard for both pups to get comfy.
Don’t worry, though, I’ll help you pick out the perfect nap spot for your canine best friends!
From extra-wide beds to double dog beds made specifically for two, I’ve got you covered!
Read on to find out what to look for in dog beds for two dogs, then check out my favorites.
How to Choose the Best Dog Bed for 2 Dogs
It sounds simple enough, right? Just buy a model big enough to accommodate both of them and voila, double dog bed!
Sure, that could work out just fine, but if you look at some beds, they’re designed in such a way that only one dog can really find the “sweet spot.”
For example, they may have extra padding or stuffing in the center, where the bulk of your dog’s weight sits.
Or perhaps they have a cradle shape made for one, or a “cup” in the middle of bolsters designed for a single dog that likes to sleep curled up.
Some XL beds may even be calibrated just for giant breeds, making them a poor choice for two small dogs.
So, what do you look for when buying a dog bed for two dogs? Here are the features that I paid close attention to:
- Overall bed shape: some shapes are just better for two. For example, a long rectangular bed vs a donut-shaped cuddler.
- Uniform stuffing throughout: rather than extra stuffing at certain “pressure points.”
- Memory foam calibration: if it’s calibrated for giant breeds (like the Big Barker line), I can’t recommend grabbing one for two small dogs. I can, however, recommend them for big dogs (see below).
- Usable Space: It’s not enough to just look at the measurements for a bed, you have to look at how much of that is actually sleep surface and how much is devoted to things like bolsters, the frame, etc.
Ready to find out about my top picks? Read on for great dog beds for 2 from Amazon & Chewy!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Best Dog Beds for 2 Dogs on Amazon
Let’s start our search for the best dog bed for 2 dogs over on Amazon, since they have the most diverse selection.
Check out the table below, then read on for more details.
1. Big Barker Giant Dog Bed for 2 Large Dogs
As I mentioned above, I wouldn’t recommend a Big Barker bed for two small dogs.
Yes, it’s definitely large enough to accommodate an entire pack of poodles, but the foam is designed specifically for our big canine companions.
Features & Pros
- The Giant size is definitely big enough for two large breed dogs.
- Super premium memory foam is calibrated to support big dogs’ joints.
- Guaranteed to retain 90% of its shape for 10 years or you’ll get a refund.
- Machine-washable microfiber cover.
- Made in the USA (in my home state of Pennsylvania, actually, which I just realized)
- Big Barker donates beds to K9 police dogs. Not a pro of the bed itself, but it does make me love them even more.
- It’s pricey. That’s really the only major con!
- It’s also not chew-proof, but it doesn’t promise to be, so I can’t take off points for that.
- Replacement cover is very expensive (about half the cost of the bed itself)
When Big Barker is an option, it’s almost always going to be my #1 recommendation.
While this isn’t a good pick for two small or medium dogs, if you need a roomy bed for your large-breed duo, this is the best of the best.
It’s expensive, yes, but as Big Barker says, it’s not a dog bed, it’s a real bed for your dog, made with the same therapeutic memory foam found in human beds.
- CALIBRATED FOR BIG DOGS: Available in Large, XL, Giant XXL dog bed sizes. Too powerful for small dogs.
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY: Foam will retain 90% of original shape & loft for 10 years or your money back.
- WON'T FLATTEN: American made therapeutic foam is the best quality you'll find in orthopedic dog beds. Won't flatten or pancake over time.
- MADE IN THE USA: Handmade by craftsmen and craftswomen in our small Pennsylvania workshop that's been making high end furniture & bedding for over 50 years.
- EASY TO CLEAN: machine washable. 100% Microfiber cover. Soft to the touch, looks great in your home.
2. Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Donut Bed
As far as donut-shaped beds go, the Best Friends by Sheri Vegan Shag Donut is definitely your best option for two dogs.
Features & Pros
- Made with animal-friendly vegan materials
- Ideal for two dogs who like to sleep curled up together.
- Raised rim envelops your dogs in warmth.
- Super soft filling
- Comes in multiple sizes, including with or without the zipper.
- Made with nylon and pet-safe faux fur.
- Machine-washable shell
- The largest size is great for two small to medium dogs
- No filling in the middle, so it’s not the most supportive double dog bed
- Definitely not recommend for chewers
- If you’re not really careful about drying it in the dryer right away, the faux fur gets matted.
While this is among my favorite overall dog beds, it’s not my top choice for two dogs who like to sleep sprawled out.
However, if you have two “curlers,” the donut-shape will work out just fine for them.
- Supports better sleep: Thanks to its round shape, our high-quality giant donut coddler puppy bed is ideal for pets who love to curl up! The raised rim creates a sense of security and provides head and neck support, while the super-soft filling offers joint and muscle pain relief
- Superior Comfort: Cozy, flexible and finished with faux shag fur, our self-warming oversized dog bed is reminiscent of a mother’s fur coat! Paired with deep crevices that allow your pet to burrow, animals will have full, restful sleep for improved behavior and better health
- Versatile design: includes a completely removable zippered shell. There are 3 zippers, allowing the inner cushions to easily be removed and re-inserted. And because the shells finished with water and dirt-resistant bottoms, They help prevent accidental messes from reaching your floors
- Pet-safe materials: durable nylon and luxurious faux fur come together to create large-breed dog mattresses that are as practical as they are comfortable! For added convenience, every bed is safe in the washing machine and dryer, minimizing pet odors and excess hair
- Sizing suggestions: when choosing your dog bed, we suggest the 23x23” bed for dogs and cats up to 25lbs, The 30x30” bed for dogs and cats up to 45lbs, and the 45x45” bed for large dog breeds up to 150lbs. If you have any problems or questions, Simply reach out to our customer service team. Filled with air loft fibers
- Not suitable for puppies or dogs with excessive teething or chewing behavior
- Important care instructions: To avoid matting of the Fur, It is important that the bed is thoroughly dried in dryer directly after washing. Do not Air dry
3. Kuranda: Best Elevated Dog Bed for Two Dogs
Prefer an elevated dog bed that your pups can’t destroy? You’ll definitely want to invest in the Kuranda.
While there are other cheaper elevated beds, for two dogs you really need something super sturdy.
You can’t get much sturdier than one of the few chew-proof beds out there!
Features & Pros
- Chewproof frame made from aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Heavy duty vinyl stretches taut across the frame, so there are no “sag points.”
- Supports up to 250 lbs, making it great for two large-breed dogs.
- The elevated design keeps both dogs cool and comfy.
- No stuffing means no defluffing.
- Waterproof and easy to clean, making it a great outdoor dog bed for 2 dogs.
- Only one model is chew-proof and super durable, so make sure you don’t accidentally get the wrong one (you want the all-aluminum heavy duty one).
- Kind of has a cruddy warranty- just one year.
- A challenge to assemble.
- Size refers to overall bed and not just usable surface, so pay close attention when buying.
As far as elevated dog beds for two dogs go, this is really the only one that I feel comfortable recommending.
The same features that make it a top of the line chew-resistant bed also make it strong enough for two pups.
- Patented, CHEWPROOF HIGH STRENGTH, lightweight aircraft grade aluminum frame supports up to 250lbs.
- Elevated/Raised orthopedic design to keep your dog dry, cool, and comfortable indoors and outdoors.
- Easy to Clean, guaranteed to stand up to repeated cleaning.
- Heavy Duty 40oz solid vinyl is our most durable fabric. Its ideal for determined diggers and larger,heavier dogs. Its smooth surface is easy to clean. And great for outdoor use.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY / Outside Dimensions: 50x36x9 / Fabric Area: 46x32 / Does Not Come Assembled
4. Friends Forever Orthopedic Bolster Bed for Two
While I don’t feel like bolster beds are the best option for two dogs, if you disagree or have your heart set on one, this is the way to go.
Features & Pros
- Made with human-grade mattress foam
- A water-resistant liner helps protect the foam against accidents.
- Cushioned plush bolster wraps around to the front, perfect for dogs who like to lean up against something when they sleep.
- Machine-washable fur and hair resistant cover makes it easy to clean.
- Non-skid bottom
- While the cover is durable, the non-skid features on the bottom aren’t.
- Not chew proof.
- Super confusing warranty. It’s a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee yet only a limited warranty. Which is it?
If your dogs like to sleep up against the back of the sofa together feet to feet (with their heads on opposite arms), this is a good pick.
The fact that it’s fairly budget-friendly definitely helps!
- Designed with extra care, your pet's comfort is our priority. Your dog will get a solid night's sleep in this luxurious bed. The cushioned poly-fill bolster provides your dog exceptional comfort, even for dogs with joint pain or arthritis.
- Water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam, this orthopedic bed has been put to the test proven to be durable and long lasting.
- Bed Size: 40 x 50 x 13 inch, Mattress thickness 5 inch. Huge clearance is perfect for a couple smaller pets who like it cozy or 1 large or 1 extra large dog breed up to 130lbs. Great head, hip and bone support.
- Pet-Loving parents will score major points from their dogs with this new, ideal and comfy bed. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED Your Purchase Is Covered By A Limited 1-Year Warranty. We stand by our promise on quality.
- Easy to Clean: Soft, removable cover is durable, and machine-washable. You can remove the cover anytime with the YKK pure metal zippers and keep your pet's bed clean. Non-skid, non-slip bottom, fur and hair resistant cover.
5. K9 Ballistics Tough Orthopedic Dog Bed Rectangle
While Kuranda beat out K9 Ballistics in my top pick for an elevated dog bed for 2 dogs, this one tops my recommendations for the best chew-resistant foam bed.
Features & Pros
- Multiple sizes, so there’s one for every duo!
- Made in the USA with CertiPUR-US foam
- Chew and dig resistant
- Durable RIPSTOP Ballistic cover
- Cover is removable and machine washable.
- 120 Day warranty on the cover: If your dog damages the bed cover within the first 120 days, they’ll replace the cover once free of charge.
- Comes in a 15 different colors.
- The memory foam isn’t nearly as thick as the Big Barker’s foam.
- Warranty is only for the cover, so if your dogs get through it and shred the foam, you’re pretty much up the proverbial creek.
This is a great pick if you need a supportive bed for an older dog that’s also durable enough for a puppy.
While it’s not totally chew-proof, it’s definitely more of a challenge to destroy than some of the other foam beds on this list.
- Nearly Indestructible & Chew Proof Dog Bed: for dogs who dig, scratch, and lightly nibble their bed from time to time. If your dog uses their bed as a rawhide chew toy, please see the K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed.
- Chew Resistant Dog Bed Cover: tough and durable dog bed cover similar to Kevlar, only stronger! The ripstop dog bed fabric is machine washable and easy to clean. Dog bed cover resists dirt, grime, and smelly odors.
- Orthopedic Dog Bed Foam: we use CertiPUR-US foam which we cut ourselves in our manufacturing facility in the United States. Our orthopedic dog bed mattress won't allow your dog to sink through to the floor. Even the largest and heaviest dogs cannot flatten this orthopedic dog bed!
- Nearly Chew Proof Dog Bed Made In The USA: we source all our dog bed foam in the United States and cut it in our own warehouse. This orthopedic dog bed is the most comfortable and plush bed available for your dog.
- 120-Day Chew Proof Dog Bed Warranty: our chew resistant dog bed is nearly indestructible, and we back it with a 120-Day Chew Proof Dog Bed Warranty. If your dog damages the bed (including by chewing, scratching, nesting, or digging) we will replace the dog bed cover free of charge.
Dog Beds for Two Dogs on Chewy
While I do feel like Amazon has a better selection of high-quality dog beds, Chewy is my favorite place to shop because of their great customer services.
Below are some of my top picks for double dog beds on their store.
1. FurHaven Orthopedic Luxury Edition Dog Bed
While most of Furhaven’s bolster-style beds are better suited to one dog, this is the exception.
The single high bolster at the back and two lower side bolsters won’t interfere with your duo’s comfort.
Features & Pros
- Orthopedic sofa bed with extra-thick foam
- Has a plush faux fur sleep surface on one side and soft suede on the other.
- Bolsters give both dogs a comfy head rest
- The zippered, removable cover is machine washable.
- Water-resistant liner
- Three different sizes & two color options
- Takes a while for the entire bed to expand, so one dog may have a comfy spotter sooner than the other.
- The liner is only water-resistant, not water proof.
- Not chew-resistant.
As I mentioned earlier, I don’t love the idea of a bolster bed for two dogs, just because of the way my dogs always slept.
However, of all the bolsters, I really do think this is the best option. I like it even better than my top Amazon bolster bed pick.
2. Big Barker Orthopedic Crate Pad for Two
While most trainers recommend that each dog has their own crate, I realize that some dogs like to share.
In that case, you’ll want a crate pad large and comfy enough to support both of their weight, right?
The Big Barker is, once again, among the best options. This time, we’re looking at their crate mat.
Features & Pros
- Sized to perfectly fit inside a large crate (just make sure you choose the right size)
- American made foam that won’t flatten like a pancake over time
- Orthopedic foam comforts your dogs’ joints in a hard crate.
- Cover is 100% waterproof and highly tear resistant.
- Easy to clean, machine washable.
- Made in the USA.
- Not chew-resistant, especially for aggressive chewers.
- Not nearly as durable as Big Barker’s other beds.
- Very pricey for a crate pad
Again, it’s best for each dog to have their own crate, but if they do share, this is a good way to keep them both comfy.
Just remember, it’s not chew-resistant, so if you have rowdy pups who love to eat everything in sight, it’s not going to last long.
3. Frisco Sherpa Lounger Circular Dog Bed
You wouldn’t think that a circular bed would work well for two dogs, but one reviewer begs to differ. She said her duo absolutely loves it.
Features & Pros
- Cozy Cloud Sherpa sleeping surface that’s super soft & comfy.
- Stylish design with a modern, geometric print border
- Circular-shaped pet bed with a flat surface to curl up on
- Handle on the side makes it easier to carry.
- Removable cover is machine washable.
- One of the pricier Frisco beds.
- Not durable enough for diggers or puppies, as the material is fairly thin.
- While the cover is washable, the liner is not.
This one is obviously best for dogs who like to sleep curled up together rather than two dogs who prefer to sprawl out.
I love that it comes in such cute patterns! While comfort matters more than style, it’s still nice when you can get both in one bed.
4. LaiFug Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
As the picture itself implies, the LaiFug is just the right size for two pups.
I know I said “no” to most bolster beds, but this one has bolsters on all four sides, so no one goes without.
Features & Pros
- Made with high quality memory foam dog bed
- Laifug foam retains at least 90% of its shape & support for 3 years.
- One-piece cut high quality foam pillows (not just polyfill bolsters, in other words)
- Waterproof liner between the cover and the foam.
- Removable, washable cover made of soft faux suede.
- Holds up to 150lbs, so it’s great for two medium dogs, or one large and one small.
- A few customers complain that the inner foam never quite “inflates” all the way.
- Foam is only about 3.5″ thick, so it’s not the most supportive bed.
- Only a 3-year guarantee to keep its shape.
While the “won’t flatten” guarantee isn’t even half as long as Big Barker’s, this bed is super affordable at just under $100.
Just keep the weight limit in mind. It’s obviously not going to work for two large German Shepherds. However, it’s a good option for a Shepherd and a Mini Poodle!
5. K&H Pet Products Superior Orthopedic Pet Bed
K&H is another brand that you’ll often see me recommending. They make a diverse line of beds in fairly budget-friendly price ranges.
As far as the best dog bed for 2 dogs goes, this is my top pick out of their line.
Features & Pros
- Made with 5 inches of medical grade orthopedic foam for superior comfort and support.
- Gentle on pressure points
- Removable, machine washable cover
- It’s reversible. Just flip it over to go from poly/cotton to thicker microfleece.
- Comes in three sizes.
- None of the sizes is really large enough for two big dogs.
- Not waterproof or chew proof.
- While the foam is good for the average dog, it’s not dense enough for pups who need extra support.
This is a good basic mid-range option for two dogs, meaning it’s nothing terribly fancy yet also not terrible, either!
I would buy it for two pups who are past their chewing stage yet not quite at the point where they need a high-quality orthopedic bed.
While the best dog bed for 2 dogs depends on the dogs that will be using it, if I had to pick one that worked well for pretty much all situations, it would be the Kuranda.
As long as you get the all-aluminum heavy duty vinyl one in the right size, it meets pretty much every need: comfy, durable, supportive, and roomy!
How about you? What are your picks for the best dog beds for two dogs? Share below!
Last update on 2019-11-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API