You may have seen articles floating around about the Benefits Of Adding Coconut Oil To Your Dog’s Food. We want to address some simple thoughts regarding the benefits and easy ways to include this in your pets diet. Dogs will easily lap up the coconut oil whether in dry or wet foods, and you will love the results you see as this is added to their daily routine.
Benefits Of Adding Coconut Oil To Your Dog’s Food
Coconut oil has become increasingly popular for humans, as well as their pets. In recent years, the addition of coconut oil to your dogs diet has become a hot topic. With a multitude of benefits, it is an easy way to help improve their health, skin and their fur. Coconut oil can be purchased in large containers at most club stores for a great low price. Look for organic coconut oil to find the best quality for use in hopes of helping some of the conditions we have listed below.
- Improved digestion: From helping to make things move more smoothly, to coating the stomach and helping ease pain or discomfort coconut oil is a great benefit to digestion. It has also been known to help with bad breath in dogs in many cases.
- Improved skin: No more dry flaky skin. Coconut oil helps moisturize from the inside out. Can be applied topically as well for those dogs that have extreme irritations.
- Shiny coat: Coconut oil definitely helps to make their fur much shinier. Both used as an additive to their food, as well as simply applied as part of their bathing regimen.
- Gives added energy: One of the benefits of adding coconut oil to your dogs food is the increase in energy. This healthy fat often gives them just the boost they need to stay active.
- Helps control blood sugar and thyroid issues: While not a substitute for proper veterinary care, coconut oil has been known to help stabilize blood sugar and thyroid problems in pets. This is something to do in conjunction with treatment recommended by your veterinarian and never as a substitute for medication or other dietary restrictions.
Coconut oil is beneficial not only to your health, but to the health of your pets. Invest in some great organic coconut oil (affiliate link)and add a teaspoon or two to their food blend each day. Even a small amount can go a long way toward improving their health, energy and appearance.
Do you give your dogs coconut oil? What benefits have you seen?