If you’re looking for dog names that mean loyal, you’re in luck!
Dogs have many qualities (and they do differ from breed to breed).
However, the one universal trait that most of the canine species share is loyalty.
Stuck for a cool name for your pooch that reflects this excellent quality?
We came up with 59 names that mean “loyal!”
Plus, check out our tips for naming your dog!
RELATED: The Top 10 Male Swalter Dog Names
Male Names That Mean Loyal or Faithful
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
- Aladdin – Arabic meaning “faithful,” made popular by the Disney movie of the same name.
- Amin – Arabic name meaning “trustworthy.”
- Amista – Chamorro for “loyalty”
- Amnon – Hebrew for “faithful”
- Argos – name of Odysseus’ faithful dog in Homer’s “Odyssey”
- Besnik – Albanian for “faithful”
- Cale – Hebrew name meaning “faithful”
- Caleb – Hebrew for “faithful”
- Constantine – Latin for “steadfast”
- Damon – a Greek character known for being a loyal friend to Pythias
- Dhruv – Sanskrit for “constantly faithful”
- Dillon – Gaelic name meaning “faithful”
- Ettore – Italian for “loyal”
- Festus – Latin meaning “steadfast”
- Fidel – Latin name meaning “faithful”
- Fido – Latin for “faithful”
- Hachiko – After the famous dog known for his loyalty to his owner
- Hamza – Arabic meaning “steadfast”
- Jeong – Korean for “virtuous, loyal”
- Kalil – Arabic meaning “loyal friend”
- Kelept – Polynesian name meaning “faithful”
- Luxman – Indian name meaning “loyal”
- Sadiki – Egyptian name meaning “faithful”
- Tadashi – Japanese meaning “loyal, true”
- Truman– English meaning “loyal one”
- Verrill – name meaning “faithful, true”
- Wafi – Arabic for trustworthy”
- Waren – German name meaning “loyal”
- Zhen – Chinese meaning “loyal, chaste”
RELATED: The Top 15 Coonhound Dog Names
Female Names That Mean “Loyal” or “Faithful”
- Amana – Hebrew for “faithful”
- Amina – Arabic meaning “faithful”
- Amita – Hebrew for “truth, friend” in Hebrew
- Cal – French meaning “devotion”
- Constance – Latin meaning “constant, faithful”
- Conni – Irish name meaning “steadfast, constant”
- Dilys – Welsh meaning “true, steadfast”
- Enid – Welsh meaning “faithful”
- Emunah – Hebrew name meaning “faith”
- Faith – “complete trust or confidence” in someone
- Fidelity – “faithfulness to a person, belief or cause”
- Fidella – Latin for “faithful”
- Fiya – Diminutive of “Waffiyah”, which means “faithful, loyal”
- Helga – Scandinavian meaning “faithful”
- Iselda – German name meaning “she who remains faithful”
- Ivy – English name meaning “faithfulness”
- Iman – Muslim name meaning “faith”
- Kostya – Russian name meaning “loyal; steadfast”
- Leala – French meaning “faithful”
- Mimi – French for “faithful guard”
- Misao – Japanese for “fidelity”
- Momina – Muslim name meaning “faithful”
- Nakia – Arabic name meaning “faithful”
- Nkechi – Nigerian name meaning “loyal”
- Penelope – The faithful wife of Odysseus in Homer’s “Odyssey”
- Rabten – Tibetan name meaning “faithful, steadfast”
- Setsuko – Japanese name meaning “child of faithfulness”
- Shraddha – Indian name meaning “faithful”
- Thuy – Vietnamese name meaning “friendship and loyalty”
- Veradis – Latin name meaning “true”
➔➔ You might want to check these 40 Beautiful Dog Names Meaning Hope
Tips for Naming Your Dog
Pet parents may stress over finding the perfect name for their new fur baby. So to help you with this big decision, we’ve consulted with some experts to help you along the way.
According to Animal Behavior College, these tips will help you find the perfect moniker for your pooch.
Tip #1 – Keep it Short & Simple
Mrs. Von Kipper Furry Pants may be humorous, but it’s also a mouthful and one your pet most likely won’t respond to. According to the experts, short one or two syllable names work the best since they are easier for your dog to recognize.
RELATED: Delicious Food Dog Names
Tip #2 – Emphasize Hard Sounds
The English language has both hard and soft consonants. Hard consonants include b, k, d, t, and vowels y, a, e, i. The soft consonants are f, s, m, n, and vowels i, e, u.
When choosing a dog name use the hard consonants and vowels as these are easier for your pooch to hear and distinguish.
For example, “Teeko” or “Buddy” will be much easier for a dog to recognize than a name like “Fluffy or Fern.”
Tip #3 – Don’t Repeat Names
Some folks like to name their children after a family member; however, when it comes to your pet, giving him the same name as your child or hubby will only lead to confusion (on both their parts).
Imagine telling Gary “to take out the trash,” or “to stop jumping on people.”
Related: Top 100 dog names that mean love
Tip #4 – Avoid Command-Like Names
We should all aim to have a well-trained dog, after all, it’s essential to having a communicative and understanding relationship.
To do this successfully, avoid those names that sound like obedience cues or commands. For example, names that rhyme with “sit” (Tidbit), “stay” (Ray), “no” (Bo), etc.
Tip #5 – Choose a Name You Can Be Proud Of
One of my biggest pet peeves is when a dog owner calls their pooch by a vulgar or mean-spirited name – if you truly feel your dog is a dumb-A, then maybe you should do yourself (and your pet) a favor and find someone that doesn’t.
Remember, you will be calling for your dog in public settings, as well as training classes, so choose a name that isn’t disparaging, and you can be proud to say aloud.
Choosing the right name for your new fur buddy can be daunting. To cut down on the stress, follow these tips and choose a name that suits your canine companion – loyalty and faithfulness are great starting points.
What’s the name of your dog? Why did you choose that particular moniker? Do you have any favorite dog names that mean loyal? Tell us in the comments section.
140 Royal Dog Names
50 Clever Car Inspired Dog NAMES
96 Extraordinary Dog Names Meaning Miracle