You need something that can really hold its own against your canine’s pointy canines!
While there’s no such thing as a 100% indestructible bed, there are a few that can handle almost anything your dog throws at them!
Today, we’ll tell you how to choose the best dog beds for chewers, plus check out our top picks across different categories!
Use the table of contents to guide you!
Related: Best heated dog beds
What does “chew-proof” mean?
Before we go any further, you need to understand one thing: there is no such thing as a completely chew-proof bed. While all of the beds on this list are highly chew-resistant, in theory a super aggressive chewer could manage to destroy even the toughest material.
I’ve even seen dogs chew through rocks! That means that there is no such thing as an indestructible dog bed.
That said, some materials are just a lot harder or less enjoyable for dogs to chew through, meaning their more likely to give up and move on to something that they can really sink their teeth into!
Depending on the quality of the bed and your dog’s tenacity to chew through it, some beds will last you a lifetime. Others won’t. Over time, you may see some deterioration even with these chew proof beds.
However, they can withstand a lot more than those that aren’t chew proof. That is why I will present you with some of the best, most durable options, which is the most you can hope if you have a persistent chewer for a dog.
Related: Read this guide and discover the best indestructible dog beds
How to Find the Right Dog Bed for Chewers?
Affiliate links included below. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
When you look for a chew proof dog bed, there are a few things you need to pay attention to in order to find the best option for your pooch.
As with regular beds, the first thing to keep in mind is the size of the bed. The size of the bed should correspond to the size of your dog but also with the space that your dog likes to take up.
For example, some large dogs don’t like to be spread out completely, while some small dogs like to have a lot of space.
Check out this guide to dog bed sizes:
|Dog’s Weight||Bed Size||Breed Examples|
|1-10 lbs||X-Small||Chihuahua, Yorkies, & other Toy Breeds|
|11-25 lbs||Small||Pugs, French Bulldogs, Bichon Frise|
|26-40 lbs||Medium||Beagles, Cairn Terriers|
|41-70 lbs||Large||Boxers, Wheaten Terriers, most Labs|
|71-90 lbs||X-Large||German Shepherds, Huskies, Border Collies|
|91+ lbs||XX-Large||Great Danes, Irish Wolfhounds, & other giant breeds|
When you consider the material used to make a bed, you need to consider both the outer and inner material. Some of the best materials used for the general construction of beds for chewers include ballistic nylon, canvas and denim since they are usually not that interesting for dogs to chew on.
Take a look at the pros and cons of each material:
|Type of Material||What Is it?||Pros||Cons|
|Ballistic Nylon||Thick nylon created by DuPont and used in flak jackets by the military||Super tough, since it was made to withstand battle conditions.||Hard to dye, so you won’t find many stylish colors|
|Canvas||Woven fabric, usually made of cotton or linen combined with polyvinyl chloride||Very strong and durable||May be more expensive than other materials|
|Denim||The same material used to make jeans||Strong yet pliant, it gets softer with each washing||Tends to fade quickly|
As far as inner materials go, it is only important to choose the option that will make your pooch the most comfortable. It will also depend on your dog’s needs.
For example, if you have an older dog, choosing a bed with memory foam is the best way to go.
Of course, the price of the bed is one more factor to consider, especially if you are on a budget. Don’t go spending your savings on a dog bed since there are many affordable options that are similar to quality to some more expensive items.
Do your research online and read this article to find those options.
4. Additional Features
When you shop for a dog bed, waterproof options are a good choice. You should also look for other useful features like odor repellent or fade resistant options.
Pay attention to the way you can clean the bed; you want the simplest option that will take the least of your time.
Beds without zippers or with hidden zippers are a particularly good choice for chewers since dogs will often find the zipper to be very interesting to gnaw on.
Top 15 Best Dog Beds for Chewers
Now, let’s check out our picks for the best chew-proof dog beds! We’ve broken this list down into five different categories, but you can see all of the beds at a glance in this table, along with the top pro and con for each bed.
|Bed Name||Pros||Cons||Our Rating|
|Friends Forever Premium Orthopedic||Fur and Hair Resistant||Thin Bottom|
|The Dog’s Bed||Waterproof||A Bit Thin|
|Brindle Waterproof Bed||Affordable||Not the most stylish|
|Dallas Manufacturing Co. Bed||Eco-Friendly||Noisy|
|Slumber Pet Toughstructable Bed||Comfortable||Zipper Not Durable|
|K&H Pet Products K-9 Ruff n’ Tuff Pet Bed||Hidden Zipper||Velcro Bottom|
|KONG Chew Resistant Heavy Duty Pillow Bed||Easy to Carry||One Size and Color Only,|
|Dog Gone Smart Chew Resistant Ninja Bed||Machine Washable, Orthopedic||Expensive|
|HuggleHounds Chew Resistant Bed||Very Stylish||Expensive|
|Kuranda PVC Frame Dog Bed||Cooling Effect||Requires Assembly|
|Dogbed4less Memory Foam Dog Bed||Comfortable||A Bit Pricey|
|Titan Dog Bed||Orthopedic||One Size and Color Only|
|Montana Woodworks Handcrafted Dog Bed||20-year warranty||One of the priciest dog beds on the list|
|Pipe Dreams Outdoor Elevated Pet Bed||Replaceable Cover||Only for Outdoor Use|
|2PET Cooling Elevated Dog Bed||Easy to Clean||Heavy|
Check out the detailed tables under each section for more pros and cons at a glance, as well as the complete listings for all of the features for each bed!
Best Weather-Resistant Chew-Proof Dog Beds
Weather-resistant beds can save you a lot of time and effort since you won’t have to clean up after accidents. You also don’t have to worry about the bed getting ruined if you leave it outside during a rain storm.
While we covered the best waterproof dog beds in more detail in the past, you might want to consider these if your dog is a chewer.
1. Friends Forever Premium Orthopedic Chew-Proof Bed
This bed is filled with mattress foam, which makes it extremely comfortable for your pooch. It is an especially good choice for dogs with orthopedic problems like arthritis or osteoporosis. This cushioned plush bolster will make your pooch fall in love with this bed quickly.
Friends Forever Dog Lounge comes in three sizes and two colors, although it isn’t very trendy or stylish. It has a waterproof liner to prevent moisture from getting in touch with the bed. The zipper, however, is not as durable as you would expect but the bed itself is chew proof.
You can easily clean the cover since it is machine-washable.
The rest of the bed is also easy to maintain since it is fur and hair resistant. This bed comes with a non-slip bottom as well, although it is a bit thin. As far as the price goes, it is somewhere in the middle of our list, not really expensive, but not cheap as well.
Pros: Chew Proof, Multiple Sizes, Waterproof, Fur and Hair Resistant, Non-Slip Bottom, Comfortable, Orthopedic
Cons: Not Very Stylish, Only Two Colors, Zipper not Durable, Thin Bottom
- Designed with extra care, your pet's comfort is our priority, Your dog will get a solid night's sleep in this luxurious bed, The cushioned plush poly-fill bolster provides your dog exceptional comfort, even for dogs with joint pain or arthritis
- Water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam, this orthopedic bed has been put to the test proven to be durable and long lasting
- Bed Size: 25in x 20 in x 5 inch, Huge clearance is perfect for a small or medium dog up to 30lbs, Great head, hip and bone support
- Pet-Loving parents will score major points from their dogs with this new, ideal and comfy bed
- Easy to Clean: Soft, removable cover is durable, and machine-washable, You can remove the cover anytime with the YKK pure metal zippers and keep your pet's bed clean, Non-skid, non-slip bottom, Fur and Hair resistant & anti-tear cover
2. The Dog’s Premium Orthopedic Waterproof Bed
This is another bed that is both orthopedic and waterproof, which is a great combination to have. It comes in many sizes to fit that fit the needs of most dog owners.
The Dog’s Premium Bed is very durable since it has a protective inner side that is waterproof. The outer side is made of durable suede fabric, which is also hypoallergenic. The bed itself is stuffed with premium grade orthopedic memory foam, which is very comfortable.
This bed, however, is very plain looking. It is basically just a mattress, so it doesn’t score high on the appearance scale. It is also available in only one color. You should wash the protective inner side and cover separately. They are machine washable, although you should wash them on a gentle wash cycle.
Pros: Durable, Comfortable, Affordable, Waterproof, Orthopedic, Machine Washable, Multiple Sizes
Cons: A Bit Thin
- Medium Brown Plush 34” x 22” x 4” waterproof orthopedic dog bed. Solid 2” high density, orthopedic memory foam over a solid 2” base of high stability premium support foam with covers designed so that your bed fits your home decor seamlessly and your dog can stay close to the family
- A prudent preventative measure for younger dogs of breeds predisposed to joint conditions, ensuring your dog’s joints remain mobile into their senior years, improving their quality of life and keeping your dog healthy and active for longer
- Therapeutic bed designed to provide relief and comfort to tripawds, dogs with joint conditions such as hip and elbow dysplasia, arthritis, patella luxation, osteochondritis and other conditions such as torn cruciate ligaments so they can get the rest they need. Prevents elbow calluses as well as pressure sores due to immobility during illness or post-surgery
- The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic was designed to keep your best friend’s joints young for longer. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic is proven to restore the mobility and vitality of dogs, as well as helping them to sleep more soundly
- Bed comes with removable covers that are easy to wash, quick-drying and include a waterproof mattress protector to catch accidents associated with incontinence
3. Brindle Waterproof Dog Bed
Brindle Dog Bed is made of memory foam to make your pooch comfortable and help with any joint pain or arthritis if that is needed.
It comes with a soft but durable cover that is machine washable and a non-slip bottom. In addition to this, there is a waterproof layer that protects memory foam from any moisture whatsoever.
This durable bed comes in three sizes that cover most dog breeds and it also comes in three colors. It is not the prettiest bed since it is basically just a mattress, but it is very affordable on the other hand. This bed is pretty tough, so you might use it outdoors as well.
Pros: Multiple Sizes and Colors, Comfortable, Affordable, Waterproof, Machine Washable, Non-Slip Bottom, Orthopedic
Cons: Not Very Stylish, Not Hair Resistant
- 4" thick dog bed is made of 2" of conforming memory foam and 2" of high density support foam
- Zippered cover can be easily removed and is washer/dryer safe
- Waterproof layer beneath the cover protects memory foam from messes
- Durable from everyday wear and tear, soft fabric and non-slip bottom; Please note this product is not designed to be chew-proof
- Medium bed measures 34" x 22" and accommodates dogs weighing 35-65 pounds; 3-year warranty
While these chew-proof beds are great for outdoor use, sometimes you want something that strikes a balance between weather-proofing and style. These next beds do just that!
Best Indoor/Outdoor Beds for Chewers
Some beds are made to withstand elements and that makes them great for outdoor use. Others are stylish and look nice indoors.
Finding a mix between the two is not easy, so here are my choices for chew resistant dog beds you can use both indoors and outdoors.
1. Dallas Manufacturing Co. Heavy Indoor/Outdoor Pet Bed
This indoor/outdoor bed is made of heavy-duty fabrics that are also water repellent. It looks very much like a pillow and there are better choices out there when it comes to appearance, but you can hardly find such an affordable bed that is good for chewers.
It comes just in one size, 30×40 inches. Dallas Manufacturing Co. Pet Bed is stuffed with recycled fiber fill that is eco-friendly.
However, that doesn’t stop it from being comfortable and warm. It comes with a removable cover you can wash in your machine and it is also dryer safe. The zipper is probably the weakest point of this otherwise very sturdy bed.
Pros: Durable, Water Resistant, Comfortable, Warm, Eco-Friendly, Machine Washable, Affordable
Cons: Not Very Stylish, Zipper Not Durable, One Size Only, Noisy
- Indoor/Outdoor heavy duty weather resistant pillow style dog bed
- Polyester fiber fill with fragrant cedar wood shavings to assist in odor control
- Made of durable yet soft oxford fabric on the outside with ample stuffing for cushioning comfort on the inside
- Water-resistant material protects against stains and accidents and is great for traveling, in the backyard, or in your home
- Easy to care for - removable machine washable cover
2. Slumber Pet Toughstructable Bed
Slumber Pet Toughstructable Dog Bed comes in only two sizes, medium and large, as well as two colors, black and red. Also, it is not the best looking bed out there since it has a rather simple design. However, it is also extremely durable and stain, odor and water resistant.
You can use this bed both indoors and outdoors and your pooch will love the comfort it provides.
It comes with removable cover and liner, both of which are machine washable on a gentle wash cycle and in cool water. The bed is a bit noisy and the waterproof lining is a bit slippery. The zipper is not very durable as well.
Pros: Comfortable, Durable, Waterproof, Affordable, Machine Washable
Cons: Only Two Sizes and Colors, Not Very Stylish, A Bit Noisy, Zipper Not Durable
- Great indoors and out — take it to the beach, on the boat, or anywhere at all
- Thick polyfill cushion gives pets a soft spot to rest
- Long-lasting 100% nylon cover treated with a fabric protector.
- Stain-, odor-, and water-resistant
3. K&H Pet Products K-9 Ruff n’ Tuff Pet Bed
This bed is great because it deals with a common problem of other chew proof beds in a very creative way – the zipper is hidden so your dog can’t get to it.
This makes K&H Pet Products K-9 Ruff n’ Tuff even more durable, although not chew proof since the bottom of this bed is designed with Velcro and that can be a problem if your dog decides to flip it over and try to chew it that way.
The bed is made of polyester fabric and stuffed with polyfil. It is not as comfortable as memory foam, but your dog will still enjoy it. I like the way this bed looks and it is also a good choice for outdoor use as well. It is machine washable and easy to clean.
Pros: Durable, Hidden Zipper, Machine Washable, Affordable
Cons: Velcro Bottom, Two Sizes and Colors Only, A Bit Noisy
- EXTRA TUFF 1260 DENIER POLYESTER FABRIC - Stylish, extra tough & extra comfortable
- NO EXPOSED CLOSURES - Dogs love to scratch, pull, and bite at open zippers. This bed features hidden closures for those curious creatures
- CHANNELED INTERIOR - The K&H K-9 Ruff n' Tuff features a channeled liner; keeping the polyfil stuffing in place and creating a continuously comfortable and fluffy experience for your pet
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE - with the extra tuff exterior, this bed is perfect for indoor or outdoor use
- CHEW RESISTANT and WASHABLE - This product is chew resistant due to the extra tuff fabric, and the cover is easily removed and machine washable. Please note that THIS BED IS NOT CHEW PROOF rated.
What about those times when you need a simpler dog bed that you can easily take on the go?
That’s where the best in our next section come in handy!
Best Chew-Proof Pillow Dog Beds
One of the most popular looks for dog beds are pillow beds. They are simple but effective and they look good with any home décor. Here are some of my top choices:
|Bed Name||Pros||Cons||Our Rating|
|KONG Chew Resistant Heavy Duty Pillow Bed||Durable, Comfortable, Machine Washable, Decent Design, Easy to Carry||One Size and Color Only, Expensive|
|Dog Gone Smart Chew Resistant Ninja Bed||Chew and Scratch Resistant, Hidden Zipper, Comfortable, Waterproof, Machine Washable, Orthopedic||Expensive, Only One Size and Two Colors, Not Very Stylish|
|HuggleHounds Chew Resistant Bed||Chew Resistant, Durable, Comfortable, Inner Cover Waterproof, Very Stylish, Multiple Sizes and Colors, Machine Washable||Expensive|
1. KONG Chew Resistant Heavy Duty Pillow Bed
Just like the toys from this manufacturer, Kong Chew Proof Dog Bed is extremely durable and sturdy.
It is not indestructible, but it comes pretty close to that. This bed comes in just one size, 40×30 inches, and just one color, red. The design of the bed is better than most pillow beds, but it is also not that special in term of appearance.
This bed comes with removable and reversible cover, which is machine washable, just like the bed itself. You also have a handle on top of the bed that allows you to easily carry it around and even use it outdoors.
Pros: Durable, Comfortable, Machine Washable, Decent Design, Easy to Carry
Cons: One Size and Color Only, Expensive
- KONG Chew Resistant Pillow Bed is Heavy Duty meant for large tough dogs! Size: 40"x30"x4"
- Has a removable cover to allow you to machine wash the entire bed. Also reversible.
- There is also a quick grab handle on the top of this bed so you can "grab and go" for your convenience.
- Chew resistant is a statement used by the manufacturer and does not mean chew proof. You must supervise your dog for best results.
- Machine washable cover- cold water, gentle cycle. Line dry.
2. Dog Gone Smart Chew Resistant Ninja Bed
View this post on Instagram
Enjoying my new Ninja bed from @d.gspetproducts that my mommy and daddy bought me! #pomsky #pomeranian #husky #puppy #dog #puppylife #puppiesofinstagram #dogsofinstagram #instapup #instadog #instapuppers #puppylove #cute #animals #pomskynation #cuteanimals #cutenessoverload #dgspetproducts #ninjabed #doggonesmart #doggonesmartbed
Dog Gone Smart Ninja Dog Bed is one of the more popular choices on the market, rightfully so. However, it is only available in one size at the moment and that is extra small, which is a bit of a disappointment. It also only comes in two colors.
Ninja dog bed comes with a non-toxic cover made of ballistic nylon, which is a very durable material that is scratch and chew resistant.
Another great feature comes from the hidden zipper that prevents dogs from tugging on it. Inside the bed is a high-density orthopedic foam that makes this bed comfortable. The cover is easy to clean and machine washable.
Pros: Chew and Scratch Resistant, Hidden Zipper, Comfortable, Waterproof, Machine Washable, Orthopedic
Cons: Expensive, Only One Size and Two Colors, Not Very Stylish
3. HuggleHounds Chew Resistant Bed
This is another tough toys manufacturer that decided to try itself with making a chew proof dog bed. HuggleHounds Chew Resistant Bed is not indestructible but it is extremely durable nonetheless. It is one of the best looking beds on our list as well, with a very stylish and classy outer cover.
This bed comes in three sizes and three colors, which is enough to find the right bed for your taste and your dog’s needs. It is filled with polyfil, while the outer material is an unspecified nylon. The bed is fluffy and comfortable, so your pooch will like it for sure.
The zipper is very well stitched and tough to chew on. It is also advertised as waterproof, but that is true only for the inner cover.
Pros: Chew Resistant, Durable, Comfortable, Inner Cover Waterproof, Very Stylish, Multiple Sizes and Colors, Machine Washable
- Available in 3 sizes; medium (36" x 27"), large (42" x 30") and extra- large (48" x 36")
- These beds are chew proof and waterproof; They are so tough we guarantee the bed and will replace the cover one time with proof of purchase
- Available in Atlantic Night, Belgian Chocolate and Champagne colors
- Machine Wash
While pillow dog beds are convenient and easy to take with you just about anywhere, they’re not the most comfortable for dogs with achy joints. Let’s move on to some super comfy chew-proof beds for our senior dogs!
Best Orthopedic Beds for Chewers
For dogs with health problems related to bones and muscles, the only choice for beds should be orthopedic beds with memory foam. Here are the most popular choices:
1. Dogbed4less Memory Foam Dog Bed
View this post on Instagram
Got my new dog bed last night🙆♂️Mummy looked for an orthopedic bed as I'm getting bigger & heavier. Looking at all the toys n Korkor Jiejie's belongings which I drag up on it to play (& destroy😃), it's definitely a great bed! Mummy loves the washable covers too👍 @dogbed4less #dogbed4less #orthopedicdogbed #spinalcarebedding #yodafrenchie #frenchiessingapore #petsofinstagram #frenchiesofig #frenchbulldoglovers #frenchie #thefrenchieplanet #frenchiessg #frenchiesg #frenchiegram #frenchbulldogoftheday #frenchielove #dogsofinstagram #blackbrindledfrenchie #6monthsold #frenchbulldogx #topdogsofinstagram #frenchbulldogsofig
One of my personal favorites and one of the best orthopedic beds overall, not just for chewers. This bed is available in many sizes, although you can get it only in one color – denim blue. Dogbed4less Dog Bed is filled with memory foam, which makes it very comfortable for your pooch.
Great choice for dogs with bone and joint issues.
This bed comes with an inner liner which is waterproof and very tough. It also comes with two external covers and everything is machine washable. Although this bed is very simple in design, he makes up for it with great quality and performance.
Pros: Comfortable, Orthopedic, Waterproof, Machine Washable, Many Sizes, Durable, Chew Proof
Cons: Not Very Stylish, One Color Only, A Bit Pricey
- WATERPROOF LINER + 2 EXTERNAL COVERS - This bed comes with x1 Water proof internal zipper cover to protect the memory foam, x1 Heavy Duty washable Navy Blue Denim external zipper cover + x1 Free bonus MicroSuede brown external case and x1 Gel Infused cooling memory foam pad.
- DURABLE MACHINE WASHABLE COVER - Removable 100% cotton heavy weight jeans denim cover with strong zipper and extra stitching to prolong the life of the pet bed. Not suitable for pets with excessive teething behavior. Best quality you'll find in orthopedic dog beds.
- MEDIUM - LARGE TRUE ORTHOPEDIC MEMORY FOAM - Top rated 37X27X4 Inches hypoallergenic high density 100% solid memory foam pad provides the support and relieves the pain of arthritis. Pad will not flatten overtime to promote better sleep and healthy joint for your dogs.
- MORE THAN JUST A NORMAL BED - Better than your average human grade mattress with conforming therapeutic comfort. The combined benefits of pressure point relief, alignment support, cooler sleeping surface and less allergens come together to create the ideal environment for deeper and more restful sleep.
- TOP QUALITY PREMIUM MATERIALS - Full layer of high-density memory foam + heavyweight cover, quality construction and smart features providing many years of comfort and support with excellent value for your money. Try it yourself and you will love it too.
2. Titan Dog Bed
This dog bed is filled with premium memory foam and your pooch will enjoy spending time on Titan Dog Bed without a doubt. It is very comfortable and orthopedic but it is also tough and chew resistant. That is due to the exterior cover made out of durable Oxford Material that can withstand your dog’s attacks.
This bed also comes with a waterproof liner and a machine washable cover.
However, it is only available in one size and color and it is not very stylish as well. It is a bit expensive, especially when you consider some other similar options but it is a good bed for chewers overall.
Pros: Chew Resistant, Comfortable, Orthopedic, Waterproof, Machine Washable
Cons: Expensive, Not Very Stylish, One Size and Color Only
- PEACE OF MIND: Premium Chew Resistant Dog Bed that comes with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
- VALUE: Tougher, More Comfortable, and More Chew Resistant than other "Lounger" Type Dog Beds on the Market. Please note - this bed is NOT chew proof. After our research on other chew resistant dog beds, we feel our bed is superior to other chew resistant dog beds currently on the market.
- COMFORT: Solid 4" Orthopedic Memory Foam provides excellent support and comfort.
- SIZE: Large size provides plenty of room for larger breeds - 39" Long x 28" Wide x 4" Tall
- LONGEVITY: Removable cover is MACHINE WASHABLE and WATERPROOF.
3. Montana Woodworks Handcrafted Dog Bed
One of the best dog beds for chewers is made by Montana Woodworks, a small company that specializes in handmade pet furniture.
While this dog bed does cost a bit more than most of the others on this list, the 20-year warranty (along with the other great features) makes it worth it!
Pros: Handmade, backed up by a 20-year warranty, comes with a fleece-lined mattress, easy enough to add a memory foam mattress to make it more orthopedic.
Cons: One of the priciest dog beds on the list, only comes in one size.
- Includes fleece lined 30 x 40 inch mattress
- Traditional craftsmen use time honored methods of Construction and Finish
- Skip-peeled by Hand using old Fashioned draw knives providing a unique look
- Hand crafted in Montana with American grown, genuine lodge pole pine
- Mortise and tenon joinery for heirloom Quality; 20-year limited warranty from manufacturer
While all of the beds above are incredibly tough and virtually chew-proof, some of us have dogs who would probably chew right through to the middle of the planet if they could. We need something that’s almost completely indestructible! That’s where this next section comes in handy!
Best Elevated Dog Beds for Chewers
Elevated or raised dog beds are probably the closest thing to indestructible dog beds as possible. They are also a great choice for hot weather since they help your pooch stay cool.
1. Kuranda PVC Frame Dog Bed
This is one of the best dog beds for chewers on the market, period. It is extremely durable and sturdy and can withstand very rough dogs.
You can get this Kuranda Dog Bed in six different sizes, ranging from mini to XXL and you can choose one of four different colors as well. I don’t usually like the design of elevated beds, but this one seems really stylish to me, especially when you consider all the different color options.
High strength PVC frame can support dogs who weight up to 100 lbs, so choose another option if you have a heavier dog. This bed can be used both indoors and outdoors. It is very comfortable and can keep your dog cool and dry at all times. You can clean this dog easily and you don’t have to worry about it since it can withstand repeated cleaning.
Pros: Durable, Cooling Effect, Multiple Sizes, Multiple Colors, Comfortable, Stylish
Cons: A Bit Pricey, Requires Assembly
- HIGH STRENGTH PVC frame supports up to 100 lbs. For heavier dogs, try the Kuranda All Aluminum Dog Bed or Midnight Black Aluminum Dog Bed.
- Elevated/Raised orthopedic design to keep your dog dry, cool, and comfortable.
- Easy to Clean, guaranteed to stand up to repeated cleaning.
- Cordura is abrasion resistant, is as durable as canvas, and it provides plenty of traction getting on and off the bed. Its great for indoor use.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY / Outside Dimensions: 40x25x7 / Fabric Area: 36x22 / Does Not Come Assembled
2. Pipe Dreams Outdoor Elevated Pet Bed
This elevated dog bed is constructed for furniture-grade PVC and it is covered with vinyl-coated nylon which is a great choice to use outdoors.
It can keep your pooch safely above damp and cold surfaces and keep him comfortable at all times. It is actually really good or older or arthritic dogs since it provides great support.
Pipe Dreams Elevated Pet Bed can withstand dogs as heavy as 150 pounds. It comes in four different sizes, from extra-small to extra-large. When you buy the bed you get one cover which you can remove and replace with other colors. It is also very easy to wash.
Pros: Durable, Replicable Cover, Comfortable, Multiple Sizes
Cons: Only for Outdoor Use, Not Very Stylish
- Provides comfortable support for arthritic or geriatric dogs
- Durably constructed from easy-clean, furniture-grade pvc and is covered in vinyl-coated nylon ideal for use in kennels, clinics and outdoors
- Holds dogs up to 150-pound
- Comes in small size
- Beds measure approximately 24-inch length by 18-inch width by 9-inch height
3. 2PET Cooling Elevated Dog Bed
This bed features a mesh and nylon grid which can keep even the furriest dogs feeling cool at any temperature. Not to mention how comfortable it is.
It is best to use it outdoors, but you can also use it indoors as well. This bed also keeps mites, dust particles and insects away from your pooch.
2PET Cooling Elevated Dog Bed is semi-orthopedic pet bed for joints support. You can only get this bed in one size, extra-large and one color, blue. It is also not very stylish, but that might just be me since I find elevated pets ordinary and not too pretty.
The frame of this bed is made of steel, making it basically chew proof. It also means that this bed is a bit heavier than the rest of its kind. You can easily wash off this bed with a hose. Since the cover is nylon that means that this bed is waterproof as well.
Pros: Comfortable, Waterproof, Semi-Orthopedic, Easy to Clean
Cons: A Bit Pricey, Heavy, Requires Assembly, Only One Size and Color, Not Very Stylish
I hope that you found this article useful and that you now have some idea what beds to look for if your dog is a persistent and tough chewer. There are other options out there but I strongly believe that this list covers the best of them
Which of these best dog beds for chewers is your favorite? Tell us below!
Last update on 2021-06-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API