Aren’t these poodle dog names just precious? Whether your Poodle is a standard, miniature or an itty bitty teacup pup, you want to choose a cute name for them that really fits their personality! Here are some great male and female names for your poodle. I bet you’ll find the perfect moniker for your sweet new pup here!
10 Precious Poodle Dog Names
MALE POODLE DOG NAMES
- Caesar- The name Caesar is from Latin origin, meaning long-haired. This is a cute name for a poodle that is charming, funny and pleasant. Caesar is an imperial title given to an emperor during Roman Times, most notably Julius Caesar.
- Charley- The name Charley is from French origin, meaning free man. Charley was the faithful companion, a black standard Poodle, of famed author, John Steinbeck.
- Claude- The name Claude is from French origin, meaning lame, enclosure. Claude was the cream-colored pet poodle of Milburn and Margaret Drysdale on the television series- The Beverly Hillbillies. Another popular Claude was Claude Monet, the French painter who founded French Impressionist painting.
- Frederic- The name Frederic is from French origin, meaning peaceful ruler. This is a great name for a poodle that has a presence about him, because there have been a few notable men in the arts field in history. Frederic Edwin Church was a landscape painter, Frederic Remington was an Old West painter, sculptor and writer and Frederic Tuten was an essayist, novelist and short story writer.
- Rusty- The name Rusty is from French origin, meaning fox-colored. Rusty, a diesel engine, was a character from the television series- Thomas & Friends. Also, Rusty Ryan, played by Brad Pitt, was a character from the 2001 movie- Ocean’s Eleven, as well as its 2 sequels: the 2004- Ocean’s Twelve and the 2007- Ocean’s Thirteen.
FEMALE POODLE DOG NAMES
- Georgette- The name Georgette is from Greek origin, meaning farmer. Georgette, voiced by Bette Midler, was the prize-winning standard Poodle of the Foxworth family in the 1988 animated movie- Oliver & Company.
- Ginger- The name Ginger is from English origin, meaning chaste, pure. Ginger is a flowering plant that is used in cooking and traditional medicine. Throughout history, some notable females have been named Ginger. Ginger Helgeson-Nielsen is a professional tennis player and Ginger Huber is an Olympic diver.
- Mirabella- The name Mirabella is from Latin origin, meaning wonderful. If you are a fan of Lord of the Rings and/or The Hobbit, then you know who Mirabella Brandybuck is, right? In case you don’t know who she is, she is a hobbit and the youngest daughter of the Old Took.
- Molly- The name Molly is from Hebrew origin, meaning wished-for child. Several popular actresses are named Molly, including Molly Burnett, Molly Quinn, Molly Ringwald, Molly Shannon and Molly Sims.
- Vicky- The name Vicky is from Latin origin, meaning triumphant, victory. Vicky seems to be a popular name for soap opera characters. Vicky Hudson is a character from Another World and As the World Turns; Victoria Lord is a character from One Life to Live and Victoria Newman is a character from The Young and the Restless.
I am partial to Frederick for a boy (it just sounds so dignified) and Ginger for a girl. Oh! You could get one of each and have Fred and Ginger! Then you could train them to dance!! Okay, maybe not, but you have to admit, that would be cool.