Looking for an easy hypoallergenic dog treat recipe that you can whip up in your kitchen tonight? Our Pumpkin and Oats dog treats are nut-free, making them perfect for both dogs and families that can’t be around certain nuts. Of course, nothing is completely hypoallergenic, as allergies vary from dog to dog and family to family. Still, we’ve tried to avoid all the major allergens with this dog treat recipe!
Easy Hypoallergenic Dog Treat Recipe: Pumpkin and Oats Dog Treats
This hypoallergenic dog treat recipe post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
- 1 Banana
- 3 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ cups Garbanzo Bean Flour
- Using a large bowl, mash the banana and pumpkin puree together in a chunky mash. No need to go super fine on this one!
- Add in the oats and the egg. Stir well to combine.
- Last, mix in the flour and stir until all the ingredients blend together.
- If your mixture is too sticky, go ahead and add a bit more flour. If it comes out too dry, you may want to use less flour next time. To rescue it this time, go ahead and add either a bit more pumpkin or a tiny bit of water.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and roll it out on a lightly floured surface. Use your favorite dog cookies cutters to cut the dough into treat shapes. You can also just place about a tablespoon in a ball and make non-shaped cookies. Place the shapes on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before you serve them to your dog.
This easy hypoallergenic dog treat recipe will surely be a hit with your canine companion! Keep them stored in your favorite dog treat storage jar and serve them up as rewards for good behavior after your dog training sessions!
Looking for more delicious dog treats? Check out a few of our favorite Easy & Delicious Homemade Dog Treat Recipes!
What do you think of this hypoallergenic dog treat recipe? Would you like to see more nut-free dog recipes in the future? Tell us in the comments!